The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Heavy attack Change?

Tanis-Stormbinder
Tanis-Stormbinder
✭✭✭✭✭
With Dual wield (daggers) becoming viable for magic builds during update 29, should the way heavy attack restore resources change? Heavy attacks restore the greatest base resource instead of just Stamina. Yours thoughts.
  • selig_fay
    selig_fay
    ✭✭✭
    I think that a heavy attack should basically waste resources, not restore them. In any case, you can't be a mage with a bow, because the bow uses stamina skills.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    selig_fay wrote: »
    I think that a heavy attack should basically waste resources, not restore them. In any case, you can't be a mage with a bow, because the bow uses stamina skills.

Sword and shield uses stamina skills but it doesn't stop me from slotting Invasion on my magsorc every once in a while.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that would be a good candidate for a CP passive. Spend 50 points and make all heavy attacks return magicka.
    Playing since beta...
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    selig_fay wrote: »

Mages in this game can cast spells with stamina. You can be mage with bow. Bow/bow stamcro is perfectly fine example.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ideally as melee weapon changes introduces more applications to use melee weapons on magic builds; it would be ideal to regain the highest of the two resource pools when you do a heavy attack. I disagree with the CP suggestion, since it's unnecessary overhead that is one-sided to magic builds.