Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ravenwatch PC NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure why this old thread was necroed. I started reading through it and can’t say I see gate camping and the like going on now.

What I DO see in Ravenwatch PC NA, more and more blatantly, is AD and DC working together. Tonight, again and again, a strike team of the third team would show up if EP attacked one of their keeps, even though they had no holdings nearby and they would only attack EP, burn camps, fight from the outer walls, etc., not trying to take the keep for themselves or grab a scroll or farm any and everybody. There was an AD group of about 5 people who were especially blatant.

Both AD and DC have strong groups and players so why stooping to such dishonorable tactics???
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD and DC working together when EP has emp? The nerve of these guys lol.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    AD and DC working together when EP has emp? The nerve of these guys lol.

If EP was attacked on both fronts, that would make sense, certainly. But sending a strike force to the rescue of your enemies’ keep? That’s a different thing in my opinion. Some of those keeps seemed already quite well defended and the controlling faction might well have won fair and honorably if the other side hadn’t shown up. And the score of the campaign generally looks close to me, does it not? What of who temporarily holds emperor?
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 25, 2021 8:21AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No offense friend I think you’re just trying to read a little too much into the random actions of a small group of individuals. There’s always small scale EP and DC farming groups hanging around an AD keep somewhere picking off whoever they can attract and have fun with. Sometimes we help root them out other times you just let them do their thing — at least you know what is going on and that they’re not going to capture a keep all of a sudden.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    The enemy truly has no honor
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    No offense friend I think you’re just trying to read a little too much into the random actions of a small group of individuals. There’s always small scale EP and DC farming groups hanging around an AD keep somewhere picking off whoever they can attract and have fun with. Sometimes we help root them out other times you just let them do their thing — at least you know what is going on and that they’re not going to capture a keep all of a sudden.

I do realize that would be the case most of the time and that it seems to one side that the other two are working together, that it is not the case and it is just different groups acting in their own interests. I do believe it was otherwise with certain groups last night, but it is not that important. I was overly upset about it last night and so posted in this thread where certain people make much of fighting with honor, but we can only decide our own actions and who we fight with and I’ve found a group of people I’m proud to fight alongside, winning or losing. So I’ll focus on that and not worry about this further. :)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure why this old thread was necroed. I started reading through it and can’t say I see gate camping and the like going on now.

What I DO see in Ravenwatch PC NA, more and more blatantly, is AD and DC working together. Tonight, again and again, a strike team of the third team would show up if EP attacked one of their keeps, even though they had no holdings nearby and they would only attack EP, burn camps, fight from the outer walls, etc., not trying to take the keep for themselves or grab a scroll or farm any and everybody. There was an AD group of about 5 people who were especially blatant.

Both AD and DC have strong groups and players so why stooping to such dishonorable tactics???

You're just creating a lot of unnecessary stress for yourself. If I'm trying to back-cap a keep, which sounds like what's going on here, the, yes, I'm going to exclusively pick on the side the I perceive to be the biggest obstacle. It's nothing personal and we don;t care what color or flavor our AP comes from. I'm not going to "honorably" split my firepower and focus between two enemies; it's going to be directed against one: sometimes the weaker (if it's possible to completely remove them from the equation), sometimes the stronger (if we are too weak to take them out on our own). It's all highly dependent.

If you just have a group of small scalers harassing your offensive (also a possibility from what it sounds like), what else to you expect them to do? 5 people aren;t going to be able to take a defended keep on their own and it's going to be much easier for them to pick on the attackers because they aren;t in a fortified position and often busy on siege to conduct a coordinated defense. They aren't working with the defenders, they are going after the low hanging fruit.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 25, 2021 5:23PM
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Bashu wrote: »
    @IAmIcehouse and @Emperor_Davis

Here you go, you asked to see my old post..

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492873/bahlokdaan-pc-na-part-ii/p5

Mid page, if go back a page I show months of EP at work,

I saw you doing work today as well. Like every day really... So glasshouse and stones is usually a bad, bad idea. 😊
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't live in a Glass House, not sure what u thought you saw. But its not me, Gating. Sorry... I can't even remember the last time I defended a Gate Keep, of EP or AD's. Unless the scroll we just took is still moving towards it rightful place in one of our home keeps.

Other than that its been a long time. Its frankly very boring and it kills PvP, I will do it.. if... See post..

But... As everyone knows on DC and AD, there is 2 EP guild/groups that do gate on a fairly reg basis. Of course it seems like one of those EP guild's has chosen not to play during the tests.................. We don't wonder why...
    Edited by Lord_Bashu on February 27, 2021 12:54AM
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    An EP very recently has been coming into the DC zone, and accusing of us working with AD. (around the time of the above post)

I can tell you it does not happen!!

Most of DC think both factions only fight us.. as stated by the wise folks above about most factions.

oh and by the way....

Same EP, also has come into the zone a day later, "begging us" to make an alliance to fight AD, he offered that EP gets to hold 1 and DC gets to hold one of AD's Scroll.

He was soundly laughed at, and sent packing.

I do not make alliance's, I think it was pretty clear where I stand from my "old post".

if you own all the scrolls, and emp, and have the most points, of course everyone is going to attack you..

Try to enjoy your time in Cyro!! with the right "Frame of Mind" its a lot of fun!!!
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    An EP very recently has been coming into the DC zone, and accusing of us working with AD. (around the time of the above post)

I can tell you it does not happen!!

Most of DC think both factions only fight us.. as stated by the wise folks above about most factions.

oh and by the way....

Same EP, also has come into the zone a day later, "begging us" to make an alliance to fight AD, he offered that EP gets to hold 1 and DC gets to hold one of AD's Scroll.

He was soundly laughed at, and sent packing.

I do not make alliance's, I think it was pretty clear where I stand from my "old post".

if you own all the scrolls, and emp, and have the most points, of course everyone is going to attack you..

Try to enjoy your time in Cyro!! with the right "Frame of Mind" its a lot of fun!!!

Every single faction complains about team orange/purple/green as being the reason they lost, as opposed to them not knowing how to pvp outside of zerging and seiging.
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    yea... its a 3 way fight all factions think the same thing.
  • Lhinannen
    Lhinannen
    Soul Shriven
    Wrote a long post but thought the better of it. Suffice it to say I think alliances working together is very much overstated
    Edited by Lhinannen on February 27, 2021 2:46PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Common man, 9/10 I find you and the riders attacking/ holding Dragon, makes me wonder what secrets and treasures you have hidden there...
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lhinannen wrote: »
    Wrote a long post but thought the better of it. Suffice it to say I think alliances working together is very much overstated

No doubt! I realize my original post could read like I thought some majority of the factions were working together, which is more than I meant and indeed, would hardly be plausible — it’s hard enough to get one’s own faction working together at times! :lol:
    I let myself get overly upset about particular groups/griefers/whatever the other day and what I heard was behind it, but there’s no use stressing about such things. :)
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Come on man, 9/10 I find you and the riders attacking/ holding Dragon, makes me wonder what secrets and treasures you have hidden there...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Fort DC is a DC home Fort.. not a EP home keep. I keep my training school there.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Come on man, 9/10 I find you and the riders attacking/ holding Dragon, makes me wonder what secrets and treasures you have hidden there...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Fort DC is a DC home Fort.. not a EP home keep. I keep my training school there.

I often see you and your followers at Farragut resources... I can't blame you though, it's a nice view, amazing breeze coming in through the open gates. It's great being greeted by 8 of you with fireworks while trying to enjoy the sun at the farm. But hey... It's not gate camping, how I was lectured recently by one of your guildies. Learn something new every day. 😊
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    @edges_endgame

yes i hate to say it but u right, I tried to tell them not to do that, but they were so upset about last camp.. they told me no...

so yes it was..... I am not going to lie.... edges. all i can do is say I am sorry.

yes it is one of the nicer keeps, my fav honestly is Kingscrest... its so pleasant in a nice little valley on its own.. a bit of snow.. nice fishing pond to the south.. neat little library next to it. Your very lucky... I am often envious.... and when I can I like to stay there.

To a few others who have mentioned it, Arruis, Glade, and Fare are not Scroll/Gate Keeps. Hence are always legit targets.

A side note, I started a post about a year ago, concerning Gating, the vote was about 50 50, 50 percent saying that gate camping is bad etc.. and 50 percent saying its all part of the game.. my point, is there is "no" general consensus on if its right or wrong..

My own, is its very bad if u leading by a lot to gate anyone anytime.. no need to run up points, if u behind in points it understandable.. i.e. down 3k or 4k or more.. ppl won't like it but it is very understandable.. and I have done it.. not in a long time.. but I have.. so it does depends on the circumstances in my own opinion.

Once again, folks try to have the right frame of mind!! it helps a lot with Cyro, and one other bit of advice, "Don't look for logic in Cyro!!"
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the new normal: The shocking news of the 6 months of no proc is confusing at best. I get that it's cool to be able to kill the un-killables now and that is good stuff. What I don't get is when you are in fact in a zone that drops gear you are not even able to use? Can you maybe drop the gear that IS usable for PVP perhaps? Seems like nearly every stamblade has a choice of spriggans or spriggans. I cant speak for any other class because first, I have no class in general. Second, I play other tunes maybe 1/2% of my year. Why make all of the sets we just got after countless hours of antiquity digging useless? Why not just nerf the sets in question to oblivion like normal and let us choose?

Obviously the sets were not the lag problem, I spend have my time trying to resolve why I cant even light attack without a 2 second lag in every single new test. I welcome the no procs as long as you can actually play?!!

Sucks. Our group of little irritating Blades liked doing stupid things like proc nights where we all run Maw Of The Infernal and have 6-10 deadroth rolling in our 10v-whatever comes gank squads. No more. Bummer. I am actually considering just rolling outside PVP and completing every quest in every zone for months so I am lag free. I am not a fan of suicidal thoughts so I may end up having to find some other game maybe to take up the 2000 hours a year I have nothing better to do? I agree with many that paying these fools hundreds a year for 1/4 of the game I enjoy doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

As far as Bashu goes, love his group! I cannot count the times in my night with 7 others I have said, "Holy crap here comes 30 DC" only to realize its Rough Riders and know we have an 80% chance to save. :)
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, not getting into the proc set discussion here but lmao to your last part. 😂
    I often only duo and I just quit when I see them steam roll the map.
    Edited by edges_endgame on March 8, 2021 8:02AM
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    ELDER_HOFF wrote: »

As far as Bashu goes, love his group! I cannot count the times in my night with 7 others I have said, "Holy crap here comes 30 DC" only to realize its Rough Riders and know we have an 80% chance to save. :)

Toxic AF.
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    DC, we greatly appreciate you Air BNB'ing (totally a verb now) Glademist on the daily to us Shafts. We promise to take out the trash and not stain the furniture with (your) blood too much. *kisses*
    Edited by Sedare38 on April 27, 2021 7:17PM
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    lol, you need to work it a bit harder.

rrrrrrrrrrrrraaa hissssssss "not unlike an upset Cat"

"A" God of War

Not "The"

Edited by Lord_Bashu on April 28, 2021 9:11PM
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    lol, you need to work it a bit harder.

rrrrrrrrrrrrraaa hissssssss "not unlike an upset Cat"

"A" God of War

Not "The"

Hah! I'm a holy vampiric monk now. :D You've yet to see my new get up.
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    @Lord_Bashu did you make na EP toon b/c you were missing Glademist, aka Lords of the Shaft's summer home, so much?
    lol :D

Snapchat-2120396536.jpg?width=312&height=586:D
    Edited by Sedare38 on May 6, 2021 6:37PM
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    Haha.. no.. we getting ready to clean out Glademist so this is my spy... to find you all.. @Sedare38
    Edited by Lord_Bashu on May 6, 2021 6:44PM
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Haha.. no.. we getting ready to clean out Glademist so this is my spy... to find you all.. @Sedare38

HAHAH! nice! :D
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    What guild on EP is morning capping at 4am?
    I thought we were done with that?
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »

It's me . . . and the one-armed man.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Sedare38 wrote: »

As toxic as everyone thinks you are, I know you’re not, and I know it’s not you. Hillary? Yes. You? No. lol

Haven’t seen you there. Miss those good fights.
    Cheers
    Edited by Heike on June 9, 2021 9:02PM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Sedare38 wrote: »

As toxic as everyone thinks you are, I know you’re not, and I know it’s not you. Hillary? Yes. You? No. lol

Haven’t seen you there. Miss those good fights.
    Cheers

I'm only as toxic as people allow me to be in their heads. :) I had a much better joke than what I wrote above, but it got removed. lol Honestly, I've no idea who takes the map over. I'm asleep when it happens, at work during the day, and by the time I log in EP has 2-3 keeps. :D