The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Next PvP Test: Disabled procs in Cyrodiil

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Are you guys ready? :0

Edit: Supreme PvP Leader Brian Wheeler announces their next PvP Test on mid February that will have "procs" disabled. What his definition of "procs" means that will be included on the disabled list is yet to be seen!

Edit 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/889112322?t=4h16m9s
    Well back during the idiotic global cool down on AoE or this one stay out month+ that SPC and Ebon are proc sets.
    never considered Seducer an proc set but might agree Briarheart is one.
    Well guess its Hurdling+Spriggan+ 2 agility or two different monster sets.
    Obviously all cast buffs and debuffs will be much more important benefiting organized groups.

Again an test going way overboard in the extremes but one who is easier to adjust too and might be a bit fun.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Community "Light weaving shows how skilful you are, even though it was an unintended exploit"

Also Community "Removing my ability to have 6 heavy proc sets nuke players that attack my AFK toon is literally destroying this game"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    It;'s not proc sets as players usually understand them. It's also sets like Seducer. Basically it looks like during the test only straight non conditional stat buffing sets will be possible to wear.

To be honest I would like to get that "testing period" also for BG's.

I don't think Seducer will be classed as a 'Proc' as its essentially a fixed stat not a 'chance' for a cost reduction like Magnus.
    just rewatched, i was wrong, Seducer is disabled :D
    Looking forward to the test for sure though.
    How do that work, will seducer not work at all or will it loose the 5 piece stat.
    Now new moon is interesting here as it has 401 spell and weapon damage + an 5% cost increase.
    Will the cost increase be disabled :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • GoddessFreya
    GoddessFreya
    Soul Shriven
    Will bomblades cease to exist next test?
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    Will bomblades cease to exist next test?

Probably not to the extent that they can eliminate a group that is stacking a flag.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: Supreme PvP Leader Brian Wheeler announces their next PvP Test on mid February that will have "procs" disabled. What his definition of "procs" means that will be included on the disabled list is yet to be seen!

Them disabling procs would probably be the worst decision they could possibly make.

I don't really use proc sets but started really getting into pvp because they became such a big part of the pvp meta. Why are proc sets a good thing? They add more flavor and challenge to pvp. Before pvp was always the same and incredibly boring. Everyone just stacked stat sets and relied on the same abilities and strategies.

Now because the proc sets are such a big part of the meta we need to think about our strategy and adapt to the situation. Most of us have not only adapted but also thrived in the new meta thanks to our skill level and dedication. Unfortunately some have been unable to adapt and have refused to change their strategies. Instead of using their free time to "git gud" they've chosen to either quit or jump onto the forums to constantly try convince ZOS to nerf proc sets for them that don't need to be.

For example, sometimes I see people complaining about dot proc sets, saying they're too strong. Whenever I see this I ask about their heals and if they use a cleanse. Usually it turns out that they die to dots proc sets so much because they decided to go full dps and didn't bother slotting a single survival ability.

To anyone reading this who hates proc sets in pvp I have a request. Instead of ruining the fun for everyone else please consider investing the time to learn how to deal with them. You'll find that pvp is far more enjoyable when you do. Its doesn't matter what the build is I PROMISE you that every build has at least two different strategies you can use to deal with them.

How about those who want to play pure stat builds and still compete at the highest level? No, that is not possible right now given what procs can bring to the table. These players want to have fun, too. I played both a proc and a non proc build and the disparity couldn't be more obvious. I can bulk up defensively with higher health and resistance, and barely sacrifice any of my offensive potency unlike my non proc builds. That is not balance. I have no problem with adding diversity to PvP, but the state of procs is just too good right now. We need a middle ground so both procs and non-procs can compete equally with each other.

A build using just stat sets can be just as (but usually more) OP than builds that rely heavily on proc sets. I think perhaps you should take a good look at your stat allocation and maybe even get some advice from a friend? I've been playing since PC beta and even I need a second opinion sometimes.

In pvp I never die to proc set builds. Usually I just out heal them with vigor alone. On the very rare occasion vigor isn't enough I'll use the cleanse I keep on my back bar. The only two things that can kill me in pvp is being outnumbered and someone with perfect stat allocation who has excellent ability burst damage and knows when to use their ultimate. Keep in mind, I'm not even a tank and my resist is 15k or lower.

No matter how good you are, I will 1vx you if you aren't wearing proc sets. Simple reason being proc sets take skill out of the equation and makes the worst zerger surfers like me into goldly 1vX'ers.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    I'm not sure how i feel about this really. I get like sets that do some "free" damage could be included in the disabled sets but like i don't know about like bonepirate or seducer, do those really have to be included? Is this tested as a performance improvement or because peeps complain about damage output of some sets?

Edit: i don't know really, all the sets that have been golded and grinded with hard work, all them just nothing overnight? Would be a bit on the harsh side. Think like eternal vigor has a calculation involved. I can't play without it anymore lol. This would mean so much work again on different sets and learning how to play in a new way, again. Feels a bit overwhelming.

It's just a test to see how performance will be impacted.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Them disabling procs would probably be the worst decision they could possibly make.

I don't really use proc sets but started really getting into pvp because they became such a big part of the pvp meta. Why are proc sets a good thing? They add more flavor and challenge to pvp. Before pvp was always the same and incredibly boring. Everyone just stacked stat sets and relied on the same abilities and strategies.

Now because the proc sets are such a big part of the meta we need to think about our strategy and adapt to the situation. Most of us have not only adapted but also thrived in the new meta thanks to our skill level and dedication. Unfortunately some have been unable to adapt and have refused to change their strategies. Instead of using their free time to "git gud" they've chosen to either quit or jump onto the forums to constantly try convince ZOS to nerf proc sets for them that don't need to be.

For example, sometimes I see people complaining about dot proc sets, saying they're too strong. Whenever I see this I ask about their heals and if they use a cleanse. Usually it turns out that they die to dots proc sets so much because they decided to go full dps and didn't bother slotting a single survival ability.

To anyone reading this who hates proc sets in pvp I have a request. Instead of ruining the fun for everyone else please consider investing the time to learn how to deal with them. You'll find that pvp is far more enjoyable when you do. Its doesn't matter what the build is I PROMISE you that every build has at least two different strategies you can use to deal with them.

Yes, I for one love the strategy of using one skill to accomplish the same thing as an entire skill layout. Also love the strategy of slotting a 5k mag cost purge that removes 3 negative effects that can just be applied 5-10 seconds later anyways. Also love that purge literally doesn't work on some procs.

If you love proc sets and free dmg that's more than fine, but this "strategy " of yours is not applicable or effective.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

Amazing words.

I don't have problem fighting 1v1 against proc sets.
    Some players here complain about crimson for exemplo. I never lost a 1v1 against somebody with crimson.

You can see crimson coming and when you move the enemy don't hit you and don't get heal. So the procs set don't give any advantage if you how fight against it.

And I'm seeing a lot of "good and experienced" players asking to nerf crimson.

Learn the mechanics before ask to nerf something.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing. You guys will see a lot of players asking to nerf StamNB. Some players that die for proc sets will cry after good NBs kill them in the stun.
    Edited by UntouchableHunter on February 11, 2021 10:09PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m looking forward to this! :smiley: I already used stat sets on my mag sorc so just need to decide on the pieces I’m swapping out my monster set for. :)
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to all the "proc sets are skillful" posters on this thread releasing multiple insane 1vX videos during the cyrodil test since procs aren't carrying you.

Don't let me down now.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m looking forward to this! :smiley: I already used stat sets on my mag sorc so just need to decide on the pieces I’m swapping out my monster set for. :)

Yep. I just backbar a set now in order to run a mythic, so the mythic comes off, I run a full time stat set, 1 front bar (spriggans) and a backbar weapon of my choice. Stats buffed are really similar. I basically just have to crit on my own or lose speed. I will have no issues unless somehow everyone else is suddenly better when they lose their proc sets.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's said anywhere I missed it, is this pc only or are consoles getting the test too? I might hop back regular in if it's on consoles
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    If it's said anywhere I missed it, is this pc only or are consoles getting the test too? I might hop back regular in if it's on consoles

PC only. Should still be in dev tracker
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Edit 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/889112322?t=4h16m9s
    Well back during the idiotic global cool down on AoE or this one stay out month+ that SPC and Ebon are proc sets.
    never considered Seducer an proc set but might agree Briarheart is one.
    Well guess its Hurdling+Spriggan+ 2 agility or two different monster sets.
    Obviously all cast buffs and debuffs will be much more important benefiting organized groups.

Again an test going way overboard in the extremes but one who is easier to adjust too and might be a bit fun.

I mean that seemed like an obvious choice, since Hundings + Sprigg has been a default setup for many years until NMA became a thing. I know I'll be testing Hundings + Sprigg + 1 piece Balorgh/Kragh on my gank blade. I think for bow ganking 1 piece monster sets will be better, but for brawling Agility jewelry will be better. It will be nice to see old setups coming back, like Hundrings + Agility + Maelstrom/Master's weapons + Monster set. Will be nostalgic haha, we back in 2015 boys!
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Lumenn wrote: »

PC only. Should still be in dev tracker

Thanks