The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Next PvP Test: Disabled procs in Cyrodiil

Kikazaru
Kikazaru
✭✭✭✭✭
Are you guys ready? :0

Edit: Supreme PvP Leader Brian Wheeler announces their next PvP Test on mid February that will have "procs" disabled. What his definition of "procs" means that will be included on the disabled list is yet to be seen!

Edit 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/889112322?t=4h16m9s
Edited by Kikazaru on February 1, 2021 10:48PM
Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Are you guys ready? :0

I found that part the most interesting thing they said that entire stream :)
    Edited by Jierdanit on January 27, 2021 12:24AM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This February will be my time of retribution.... can't wait.
    Edited by Kikazaru on January 27, 2021 12:26AM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And cross - heals are back ! :D
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time to bring player skill back to PvP.
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incoming QQ's cause people can't rely on their crutches anymore.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is going to be epic, maybe we can get a campaign thats like that forever?
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    I missed a little bit of this part of the stream, is it all proc sets or just procs that do damage?
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whoah...does that include stat procs like BSW or Briarheart? Monster sets?

Because if they do server upgrades and fix performance, my entire build strategy changes.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha and just like that -- everyone is headed back to Shacklebreaker :D
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget they said any set that has any kind of 'ability'. They even gave seducer and valkyn skoria as examples of sets which bonuses wont work. He said use sets like "julianos and shacklebreaker" which just give raw stats. So by the sounds of it, no monsters will work, maybe mythics and arena weapons... and well... most sets in the game lmao.. idk about this :tired_face:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is just a test
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont forget they said any set that has any kind of 'ability'. They even gave seducer and valkyn skoria as examples of sets which bonuses wont work. He said use sets like "julianos and shacklebreaker" which just give raw stats. So by the sounds of it, no monsters will work, maybe mythics and arena weapons... and well... most sets in the game lmao.. idk about this :tired_face:

LOL, that is about, what, 20 sets.Too funny. I can't wait to see players who didn't read the fine print wasting sets on seducer, and whatnot.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they post a list of sets that work and don't work.

Curious about arena weapons and mythic items.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounded like any sets that had a "calculation" involved. Seducer has the 8% magicka cost reduction component. But then Im not sure because theoretically Julianos (mentioned as not effected) has a calculation involved as you don't actually get just 300 sp dmg curtesy of maj/min sorcery.

So I'm not quite sure how many sets would actually make it unscathed. I'm wondering if NMA would just give the 5 piece wep and sp dmg but not the cost increase as that would be the same issue as seducer.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will release a more in depth post that will shed light on what is to come. The way Brian Wheeler put it as of now seems like 90% of the sets will be on the disabled list. xD

Cyrodiil is going to feel really strange when all of our death recaps are just purely skills. :P
    Mizaru

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They will release a more in depth post that will shed light on what is to come. The way Brian Wheeler put it as of now seems like 90% of the sets will be on the disabled list. xD

Cyrodiil is going to feel really strange when all of our death recaps are just purely skills. :P

Going from a handful of builds to.....a handful of builds.

At least it doesn't destroy viability of entire classes like the last set of tests did.

I wonder if they realize how they must look to their peers if they have to test disabling such fundamental parts of their game in a blind attempt to figure out what is going on with their servers? Its like my web admins asking if they can turn off HTTPS to see if that helps performance on the cc payments pages.
    Edited by katorga on January 27, 2021 1:44AM
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Going from a handful of builds to.....a handful of builds.

I think this is the problem. A test like this just destroys any set diversity in cyrodiil. Tbh I feel kind of scammed. I buy the chapters for pvp. I don’t even play through them. If I can’t use any of the cool sets, mythics or arena weapons (if they will be included) in cyrodiil then buying all of the new content was just a complete waste of money.

Even if they are ‘just tests’ there is no guarantee it won’t stay if they find good results. Just like this last test. And surely it’s just false advertising at this point lmao. Where when I purchased any content did they tell me I wouldn’t be able to use ANY of it in pvp :p

Also like 90% of the sets in the game aren’t even used at all anyway... and now even less of them will be used. Some sets are literally only viable in cyrodiil 😂 buffer of the swift “reduce dmg from players”. Yes there is still bgs and IC but let’s be honest IC is dead and I would say bgs aren’t half as popular as cyro. Not like anyone is using those sets in the first place but still. This just seems very... :/

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think any set that is "conditional" in anyway is going to be disabled. Basically, any set that has to "check" if a "condition" is met will not work.

So I expect only bonuses with invariable, 100% uptime will work.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like ZOS is looking at some of the feedback that suggests strongly limiting the number of sets in Cyrodiil, though they haven't hit the point of making preset "PVP builds" for us to pick like you get in some games.

Even though both my healing sets probably aren't allowed in the test, I'm not opposed to the test. If nothing else, it should be amusing to watch the "I've got skillz" set of players who've been complaining about their opponents getting carried by sets finally have to rely solely on their stats and skills.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will watch down on all of you from atop the white gold tower, shedding a single tear to not be able to enjoy this beauty.
    No proc sets for a few weeks. <3 All the proc set users shall feel mortality again.

Wait... this means they will come into the city to enjoy their proc sets. :open_mouth: Guess I will be the mortal one.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will be great, can finally see if Proc's cause a problem on the server. Note it sounded like its just gear based proc rather than all proc though unfortunately
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...though they haven't hit the point of making preset "PVP builds" for us to pick like you get in some games.

The theory crafting ecosystem generates almost all the 3rd party content that proselytizes the the game to new players.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So back to Nerf sorc?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eww, skip the tests and make it live already! Finally some decent PvP incoming.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's gonna count as a proc for this test?

Obviously things like Caluurion and Venomous and all other free-damage/free-healing proc sets, but what about everything else? There's still tons of "stat sets" that are actually just stat procs.

Balorgh (almost every monster set actually), Eternal Vigor, Stuhn's, Night Mother's Gaze, Powerful Assault, Fury, 7th Legion, Necropotence, Witch Knight's - all of these sets just give stats as part of their proc condition, but still, by definition they're procs.

Guess everyone's gonna be running around in New Moon and Spriggan's/Spinner's, except for the sustain hipsters who start using Willow's Path lol.

Still better than the current procpocalypse we're in though.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even though this is just a test, I am hyped! :)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    +1000 % hype, finally no vatsheraan ands syvarra's everywhere, come back to basis stats build and skills, LOVE IT!
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This February will be my time of retribution.... can't wait.

Today I went to a D ring of a keep with a buddy to find 5 guys. Kind if surprised us and killed my friend pretty quick. I started running around and killed 3 and almost had the 4th, they were in 1 execute away when the fifth got an angle on me to start spamming snipe. A mistake on my part as I got clipped with like. Snipes and a proc. Then the guy tea bagged me. I laughed as the crutch will be gone soon. At least 1 of them.

I can't wait. I'd happily go charging in wrapped in toilet paper if it meant proc sets are gone.
    Edited by techyeshic on January 27, 2021 4:45AM
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So back to Nerf sorc?

lmao yep you already know :D
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It;'s not proc sets as players usually understand them. It's also sets like Seducer. Basically it looks like during the test only straight non conditional stat buffing sets will be possible to wear.

To be honest I would like to get that "testing period" also for BG's.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 27, 2021 5:06AM