The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Next PvP Test: Disabled procs in Cyrodiil

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope everyone has their Malacath! <Its not a proc>
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Are you guys ready? :0

Edit: Supreme PvP Leader Brian Wheeler announces their next PvP Test on mid February that will have "procs" disabled. What his definition of "procs" means that will be included on the disabled list is yet to be seen!

Best news ever, I will play during this test for sure. Hope they end up being permanent.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elo106 wrote: »
    this is going to be epic, maybe we can get a campaign thats like that forever?

I wish, id pay 50 dollars per month for that kind of pvp easy.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    It's depressing that they are still haven't fixed PvP. I've been away for like a year now, and I can tell you guys, it's like getting out of an abusive relationship. You feel like *** to begin with, but after a while you will realise you were a fool to ever be in that situation.
    This game isn't a competitive PvP game, and it never will be. They don't even know what's wrong with performance. They just throw random stuff at the wall and hope something works, which is utterly hilarious. Imagine doing that at your job.
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    About time to bring player skill back to PvP.

You mean this animation-cancel-macroing-sh....erm....skill will harrass even more?

It means back to the start of ESO, where ball groups ruled everything. Oh, Bombers are dead btw, no more Vicious Death.

Stream said all monster sets disabled AND Arena weapons too, just in case you missed it.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just as long as the test doesn't last 6 weeks!

The first test I didn't mind as much at the start but then it dragged in forever.

On the other hand, it will be interesting to see if all those super powerful players that are the Scourge of Cyrodiil will be able to even comprehend how to play 😂
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t feel like seducer is a proc set. No requirement must be met for seducer to fulfill its intended purpose. There is no proc. And there are no calculations to be made other than to the wearer.
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaand everyone can dust off their Spinner (NMA)/Shackle/Chudan magsorc again like its 2017 :)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    It;'s not proc sets as players usually understand them. It's also sets like Seducer. Basically it looks like during the test only straight non conditional stat buffing sets will be possible to wear.

To be honest I would like to get that "testing period" also for BG's.

I don't think Seducer will be classed as a 'Proc' as its essentially a fixed stat not a 'chance' for a cost reduction like Magnus.
    just rewatched, i was wrong, Seducer is disabled :D
    Looking forward to the test for sure though.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 27, 2021 10:29AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that sets like seducer are disabled lead me to believe this is more of a test to see how calculations like procs affect server performance than it is to test pvp balance. I'm not holding my breath for proc meta leaving anytime soon. We'll see though, hope I'm wrong.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • ethenya
    ethenya
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Really looking forward to this test. Wish I hadn't deconstructed all my gold shacklebreaker though :#
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    About time to bring player skill back to PvP.

You mean this animation-cancel-macroing-sh....erm....skill will harrass even more?

It means back to the start of ESO, where ball groups ruled everything. Oh, Bombers are dead btw, no more Vicious Death.

Stream said all monster sets disabled AND Arena weapons too, just in case you missed it.

I'm aware of that. Just flat stat sets will level the playing field. We'll see how good the harbinger or venomous users really are :D
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody will run around in heavy armour and nobody will be able to kill anybody anymore. Peace in Cyrodiil.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It;'s not proc sets as players usually understand them. It's also sets like Seducer. Basically it looks like during the test only straight non conditional stat buffing sets will be possible to wear.

I don't think Seducer will be classed as a 'Proc' as its essentially a fixed stat not a 'chance' for a cost reduction like Magnus.

Lol I did as well and still look forward to it, but I have to wonder; what's the end game here? Eliminate all conditions sets? Not a lot of options for set variety if you are limited to full time stats.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to remind you one thing they said on the stream: all sets with an "effect" or "ability" won't work. Not just dmg dealing proc sets. They even brought up an example: Armor of the Seducer

(5 items) Reduces the cost of your Magicka Abilities by 10%.

So even though it is technically not a "proc" set - it still "checks" if magicka ability is being casted. So basically any set that "checks" something and asks server for data will not work. So basically I think only stat-buffing sets will work. Arena weapons will most likely won't work as those "check" if weapon skill was casted. Same for sets buffing weapon or class skills - those check if ability from certain skill line was casted.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 27, 2021 1:55PM
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Lol I did as well and still look forward to it, but I have to wonder; what's the end game here? Eliminate all conditions sets? Not a lot of options for set variety if you are limited to full time stats.

Easy - mag in Julianos, stam in Hundings --> everybody is happy.

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, no problem, I'll just switch Bloodspawn with two unmatched set pieces and Pariah with Seducer.

*reads again* Wait what?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »
    The fact that sets like seducer are disabled lead me to believe this is more of a test to see how calculations like procs affect server performance than it is to test pvp balance. I'm not holding my breath for proc meta leaving anytime soon. We'll see though, hope I'm wrong.

They were pretty clear on the stream that this was a performance test, not a balance test.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah...bring it on
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id settle on an option to make proccs/item sets hit you for way less dmg if you yourself wore an item set to counter proccs.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stahlor wrote: »

Easy - mag in Julianos, stam in Hundings --> everybody is happy.

'Cept that it won't fix performance...so you are left with no sets, no procs, but keep unreliable skills, lag, positional desyncs, health desyncs.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Personally I can see a move to perhaps standardised characters in cyrodiil. Similar to GW2. You pick from a certain set of stats rather than gearing and then your character gets auto lvled and geared regardless of what you wear for bgs/dueling etc.

I don't really want that to be the case because I think the gearing and theorycraft side will suffer greatly but I feel like that might be the direction they are heading.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

They were pretty clear on the stream that this was a performance test, not a balance test.

Ah gotcha. I missed parts of the stream from loud people in discord 😑
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Like I'm so hyped for this!!! cant wait to play it and for sure perf will be better!
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Hope everyone has their Malacath! <Its not a proc>

Are you sure?

Malacath does not change tool tips like Slimecraw. I bet it calculates at time of damage, so counts as a conditional set.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I can see a move to perhaps standardised characters in cyrodiil. Similar to GW2. You pick from a certain set of stats rather than gearing and then your character gets auto lvled and geared regardless of what you wear for bgs/dueling etc.

I don't really want that to be the case because I think the gearing and theorycraft side will suffer greatly but I feel like that might be the direction they are heading.

At that point, why not just play the new For Honor or stuff like that? I guess it becomes a little like Planetside but with RPG abilities?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At that point, why not just play the new For Honor or stuff like that? I guess it becomes a little like Planetside but with RPG abilities?

I think performance is a red herring. When they upgrade the servers performance will be fixed.

My cynical side says that ZOS is sick and tired of the constant complaints from PVP, and is just going to disable everything, provide some limited sets to choose from, and tune us out, and focus on the more profitable segments of the game population while cutting the the bare minimum dev hours spent on pvp.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

I think performance is a red herring. When they upgrade the servers performance will be fixed.

My cynical side says that ZOS is sick and tired of the constant complaints from PVP, and is just going to disable everything, provide some limited sets to choose from, and tune us out, and focus on the more profitable segments of the game population while cutting the the bare minimum dev hours spent on pvp.

They did say that they do not anticipate the new servers improving performance. They are just doing a hardware refresh. Typical in IT. But it would be really stupid or really cheap to try to refresh with servers of the same specs as 5 years ago.
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    I am curious is Bright Throat Boast will be affected during the test. It gives max stats and recovery but requires a drink buff.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matthros wrote: »
    I am curious is Bright Throat Boast will be affected during the test. It gives max stats and recovery but requires a drink buff.

Sounds like a "check," so I assume it won't work.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”