Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

set/crafted item bonuses

adarkartist
adarkartist
✭✭
I don't if I'm the only person with this problem, and when I've asked ingame noone seems to have it, so I'm guessing since i use a Mac it might be related. When I pick up Green items in game that have names that make it a set piece, and from what i remember with beta, are in fact set pieces; none of them show set bonuses for me (they did in beta). Also when i go to crafting stations out in the world there are no bonuses listed on the items I make there either. I'm in my mid 40's now, so i've been to most stations that are available up till then. At first I thought maybe some just haven't been assigned stats yet, but after talking to someone else in game who said they see bonuses on everything. Any thoughts or ideas how i could fix this? I'm just hoping this is fixable, because i though maybe they just did away with all that and just sold to vender most of it

Thank You
Edited by adarkartist on April 17, 2014 1:40AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @adarkartist Hi. I haven't had much chance to actually do much crafting or get to the level for sets yet I think so can't help you directly. I did look around but saw nothing much related to this.

I'm really not sure how it can be a Mac bug as it's more the UI though their may be some difference in the way it displays these stats.

Hopefully some of the less slacking levellers can help you ;)
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    yul0ojy26qat.png
    heres a screen shot of what i am referring to with the crafting sets. same thing for found sets, no set description
    Edited by adarkartist on April 17, 2014 11:14PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @adarkartist I think it's better to post to Customer Services maybe as it seems no other Mac players have responded here. You may get more luck there or another forum section.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my first armor set drop this weekend and thought to post a screen shot which shows that it seems to be displaying the set details fine. Just to confim that it appears to be working fine on the Mac client so probably an issue with corruption etc. in your install.
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    Yeah I made I ticket in game and cs guy emailed me that they hadn't seen this reported yet and that he'd get back to me. I've run repair every day, first help. Hoping that they will at least be able to send me a file or something I can drop into eso folder. It wouldtake me a week to download the game again so that's not really a choice. It took me almost 5 days when I first downloaded it
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I made I ticket in game and cs guy emailed me that they hadn't seen this reported yet and that he'd get back to me. I've run repair every day, first help. Hoping that they will at least be able to send me a file or something I can drop into eso folder. It wouldtake me a week to download the game again so that's not really a choice. It took me almost 5 days when I first downloaded it
    If you ran repair then not sure what else to suggest. Try trashing the ShaderCache.cooked file at:

~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/liveeu/ShaderCache.cooked

It will make a new one. Not sure it will help as it's not really that kind of data but it can cause issues graphically.
    Hopefully they can do something. If possible you could make another character and level a bit and see if it is account-wide or just the main character. It may help them.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 23, 2014 2:33PM
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    I know it account wide, checked that already. I'll have to try the shadercache when I get home. I started another repair from the launcher yesterday and after 14 hrs it's still going, so I think it might be redownloading the game, so maybe it will do the trick
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    Looks like redownloading the game was the way to go. Can finally see set bunuses. Thanks for the help moonraker
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like redownloading the game was the way to go. Can finally see set bunuses. Thanks for the help moonraker
    Glad you got it sorted @adarkartist ;) Shame it takes reinstall to sort as I feel the pain of full download over 2MB DSL takes me like 30+ hours. But main thing it's working. Not sure why Repair could not resolve it.

Enjoy the nice set bonuses ;)
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    Also notice that I hear music now, before only heard it here and there. Also fixed a problem that I started having after last patch that wasn't letting me refine materials :-)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also notice that I hear music now, before only heard it here and there. Also fixed a problem that I started having after last patch that wasn't letting me refine materials :-)
    It's a whole new world out there in Tamriel ;)

I saw some others had the crafting materials issue. Maybe they flicked a switch on server.