The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Nightblades arnt playble at all

KhajiitLivesMatter
KhajiitLivesMatter
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, recently i tryed to play my main again after maybe 6months of a break(only took a break from nb not pvp)
And yea it got worse since i stoped playing him e.g. i met 1 dk with 35k life who got about 3k dmg from 1 suprice atack ... so i did my normal combo with ult and the bow and his health droped to 60% than he just did dragon leap and execute and i was dead

they nerfed everything and doesnt seam like they wanna change anythink. At the current state nb (im speaking of stam btw) is dead in pvp. Im pvp rank 41on my blade and its impossible to play u die from 3hits(which is fine for a nb if the rest woudnt be that crap) u cant kill anyone cause u dont do dmg and all have 30k+ health and u cant even heal cause of all the dots.

They nerfed:
-momentum the heal over time
-trollking reduced reg
-incap no defile increased coast to 120 *** CASTE TIME
-suprice atack just messed up the stun to be complete unsable cause no one wants random stuns ,removed 6k pen debuff
-Relentless Focus removed minor berserk and added useless crit buff
-buffed everyones crit res so nb does even do less dmg(cause nb is crit class)
-nerferd poison injection which is used by nearly every nb

that was just the nerf i remember i know there where more
and btw i didnt even start with counting all the dmg nerfes or resources coast increases

Conclusion
Nb is unplayble:
-no dmg
-squishy
-no debuffs
-bad buffs

Btw i compaired it with other classes to (i have all classes 18/18 chars) stam nb is one of the worst - if u compair it with mag dk than ull notice it isnt balanced at all - mag dk has insane dmg good defensive decent heal and isnt that hard to play
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    just rememberd: nerfed speed pots
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because instant death to people in what looked like 1 hit is just stupid.
    way way way too much damage in 1 attack coming from multiple attacks but all we see is just 1 attacks, we look at death counter and it shows multiple things that happened but all we saw was just "BAM"

so it was nerfed, and rightly so.
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we’re a little squishy, but we have more than enough damage to kill anything. I could probably be more effective on my warden, but I enjoy the fast paced rolly polly gameplay.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont get the "im squishy" comments when people refer to a whole class, as class offers nothing as far as "tanky" or "squishy" is concerned, as most passives amount to very little.

in fact i think necro was the base most tanky for a while and even their HP got nerfed down to the current 1250 bonus health.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    i dont get the "im squishy" comments when people refer to a whole class, as class offers nothing as far as "tanky" or "squishy" is concerned, as most passives amount to very little.

in fact i think necro was the base most tanky for a while and even their HP got nerfed down to the current 1250 bonus health.

What don’t you get? Read the passives and skill descriptions compared to other classes. Nb has cloak and shade to make up for it, but personally I feel cheesy using them so yeah squishy is pretty accurate.
    Options
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    way way way too much damage in 1 attack coming from multiple attacks but all we see is just 1 attacks, we look at death counter and it shows multiple things that happened but all we saw was just "BAM"

still posible with bow gankers

yea 1hit combos where posible but not always the case and a nb is so squishy that if u survive the combo the nb is dead

i already can read that u dont like nb but just think as it is ur class - what would u think if u take away all of the dmg? wouldnt be that great

and btw dont get me wrong its good that nb is squishy but for being squishy the class always got more dmg than other and now they got less...
    Options
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you took a long break what did you expect? Change your gear and have fun
    Options
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Yeah we’re a little squishy, but we have more than enough damage to kill anything. I could probably be more effective on my warden, but I enjoy the fast paced rolly polly gameplay.

i would agree to you maybe 2years back but nowadays i do 2x the dmg with a 10xtankier mag dk
    so for me the class is dead

Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on January 18, 2021 2:05AM
    Options
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Well you took a long break what did you expect? Change your gear and have fun

i said i still played the game... i have updatet gear and changed things based on the patchnotes
    Options
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

Don't you defend snipe?
    Options
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be a large amount of players playing the unplayable.
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem is game wide currently, DOTs are always going to be strong when most burst combos can’t put down an average player in heavy armour with 35k+ health. I find it quite ironic that someone with so much playtime on a class thats been the root cause of essentially all 1 hit PvP playstyles is now complaining about the inability to kill people on the class that can hit disgustingly high weapon damage and have an ungodly amount of utility from shade and cloak. For a large portion of the game minimum health pools have been diretly dictated by whatever a meta stamblade burst combo can put out.

Incap does a substantial amount of direct single target damage plus gives a 20% damage boost for 75 ult cost, coupled with relentless that hits harder than any leap tooltip and you can run around putting most builds in to execute range with a 2 hit combo then execute with the damage boost still up. Theres still no combo that can easily put you on the backfoot as quickly and easily as this. DKs have always been strong 1v1 and if you allow yourself to hit a 60-70% health without blocking you should expect to die to an fairly predictable leap execute.
    Options
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    This problem is game wide currently, DOTs are always going to be strong when most burst combos can’t put down an average player in heavy armour with 35k+ health. I find it quite ironic that someone with so much playtime on a class thats been the root cause of essentially all 1 hit PvP playstyles is now complaining about the inability to kill people on the class that can hit disgustingly high weapon damage and have an ungodly amount of utility from shade and cloak. For a large portion of the game minimum health pools have been diretly dictated by whatever a meta stamblade burst combo can put out.

Incap does a substantial amount of direct single target damage plus gives a 20% damage boost for 75 ult cost, coupled with relentless that hits harder than any leap tooltip and you can run around putting most builds in to execute range with a 2 hit combo then execute with the damage boost still up. Theres still no combo that can easily put you on the backfoot as quickly and easily as this. DKs have always been strong 1v1 and if you allow yourself to hit a 60-70% health without blocking you should expect to die to an fairly predictable leap execute.

and thats the problem "when most burst combos can’t put down an average player in heavy armour with 35k+ health."
    the whole class is to kill average players with 1 combo - but u cant thats why nb dont work
    sure i have good mobility with shade/ cloack but if i cant kill an enemie its useless

btw i checked my stats i have ~ weap dmg 5,7k weap dmg
    ~36k stam
    12k~ penetration
    +10%dmg boost from a set
    stats without balorg

and its just not enought to kill avrage players and if that insane stats are not enought than the class is underpowerd

and for heaving this stats i sacraficed all defense i have in cyro 20k health and (buffed) 17k resis and 1.3k crit resi

btw the ult without stun costs only 70

even if i survive to get my combo ready after i used my ult everyone breaks free and dodges 2x and after few seconds all my buffs are gone without a chance to kill someone

sure i still can kill bad players but the meta duds the "avrage ones" cant me killed by a stam blade
    Options
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of your problem is your build, which is an easy thing to remedy. I main a stamina nightblade so I know for a fact that it can still work. Right now with performance at an all time low and builds that are really tanky while being able to comfortably roll dodge, that mixes really bad with the style that comes with nightblade. Most if not all of nightblade's damage is direct damage, no dots or nothing. So when you have bad latency and tank builds that can roll and do damage thats a bad combination for us nightblades. The thing is that sucks, nightblades still actually have way more damage than most anything else but like I said our abilities in our combo are easily dodgeable or they don't go off due to performance. However proc sets and DoTs tend to go off in lag so its a much easier time for most everyone else.

Based on what you have said, you're running a max stat build which are not very good this patch compared to the meta proc builds, which I don't recommend running, they are effective but just so boring to play.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB has some great single target-quick-full to 0 health gank capability

And I am saying this by playing the most famous "lowest of lows" "unplayable" magblade according to this forum :lol:

As others suggested, I think you may want to play around the build and sets, a lot of sets got updates
    Options
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade can have good damage, but any semi aware player can avoid a stamblades combo easily thanks to cast times.
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a stamblade expert by any means, but my nb feels perfectly serviceable in no-cp. Way better than Stamplar, anyway.

I guess it depends what you're trying to accomplish, but crit heals make it feel fairly durable. Health recovery is a stat you may want to invest in as well.

Personally, I find Nightblade to have a kitey-er style than other stamina specs, excluding glass cannon Stamsorcs. You can't really tank the way you might have learned to on DK. The movement and positioning can be tricky to unlearn as you swap between classes. Keep at it, they're pretty potent.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina nightblade is the best solo pvp class in the game for the past 3 patches.
    Options
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    No you are just a bad stamNB tbh. StamNB is so damn busted right now! Doylemish heavy attack builds, bowsnipeproc build, melee gankbuilds.

Suprise attack is the best spammable in the whole game. Cloak is the best skill in the game. Stop complaining!
    Options
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outside of performance issues I think the class is pretty balanced it imo, it has high burst but low survival, build in some pressure via procs certain sets and retain the naturally high burst it has it's fine. It's not a necro/warden where it just has everything, you give up tons of healing/defense for high dmg/sustain
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, recently i tryed to play my main again after maybe 6months of a break(only took a break from nb not pvp)
    And yea it got worse since i stoped playing him e.g. i met 1 dk with 35k life who got about 3k dmg from 1 suprice atack ... so i did my normal combo with ult and the bow and his health droped to 60% than he just did dragon leap and execute and i was dead

they nerfed everything and doesnt seam like they wanna change anythink. At the current state nb (im speaking of stam btw) is dead in pvp. Im pvp rank 41on my blade and its impossible to play u die from 3hits(which is fine for a nb if the rest woudnt be that crap) u cant kill anyone cause u dont do dmg and all have 30k+ health and u cant even heal cause of all the dots.

They nerfed:
    -momentum the heal over time
    -trollking reduced reg
    -incap no defile increased coast to 120 *** CASTE TIME
    -suprice atack just messed up the stun to be complete unsable cause no one wants random stuns ,removed 6k pen debuff
    -Relentless Focus removed minor berserk and added useless crit buff
    -buffed everyones crit res so nb does even do less dmg(cause nb is crit class)
    -nerferd poison injection which is used by nearly every nb

that was just the nerf i remember i know there where more
    and btw i didnt even start with counting all the dmg nerfes or resources coast increases

Conclusion
    Nb is unplayble:
    -no dmg
    -squishy
    -no debuffs
    -bad buffs

Btw i compaired it with other classes to (i have all classes 18/18 chars) stam nb is one of the worst - if u compair it with mag dk than ull notice it isnt balanced at all - mag dk has insane dmg good defensive decent heal and isnt that hard to play

I don't main a NB, so check out Grimhallow.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-2IfvOKip1T3WSG7hozucw/videos
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 19, 2021 12:33AM
    Options
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    Conclusion
    Nb is unplayble:
    just do what everyone else does, use the current cheese build and tactics for the class. It might be less fun, but it is effective. So is the NB cheese flavour of the month.

For NB this would mean Proc Sets, Wild Hunt for speed and more focus on regen than on raw weapon dmg. For squishy foes you don't need that much weapon dmg in the first place, and as you already noticed those high damage, heavy armor, high health targets can't be comboed down from full health.

So you're gonna have to wear them down with constant pressure from proc before attempting a finisher. This also means you're gonna need a reasonable amount of regen to keep avoiding damage by running, dodging and cloaking while still keeping up the pressure on them.
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and thats the problem "when most burst combos can’t put down an average player in heavy armour with 35k+ health."
    the whole class is to kill average players with 1 combo - but u cant thats why nb dont work
    sure i have good mobility with shade/ cloack but if i cant kill an enemie its useless

~36k stam
    12k~ penetration
    +10%dmg boost from a set
    stats without balorg

and its just not enought to kill avrage players and if that insane stats are not enought than the class is underpowerd

and for heaving this stats i sacraficed all defense i have in cyro 20k health and (buffed) 17k resis and 1.3k crit resi

even if i survive to get my combo ready after i used my ult everyone breaks free and dodges 2x and after few seconds all my buffs are gone without a chance to kill someone

sure i still can kill bad players but the meta duds the "avrage ones" cant me killed by a stam blade

You cant run these 20k health no crit resist glass cannon builds anymore. Check out the "iron cannon" stam NB build for ideas. You need to have more health and crit resists and resists so you don't just drop dead when someone looks at you.

It means you can't just gank people without a fight, you have to melee some, and to do that you have to HP, resists, crit resists. NB cloak is still one of the strongest abilities in the game. NB with cloak, some reisists and wild hunt is very hard to kill
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    "bUT NigHtBLadE iS oP, cLoAk iS a CARRY, sHaDe is OP!!".. its not
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

~36k stam
    12k~ penetration
    +10%dmg boost from a set
    stats without balorg

You cant run these 20k health no crit resist glass cannon builds anymore. Check out the "iron cannon" stam NB build for ideas. You need to have more health and crit resists and resists so you don't just drop dead when someone looks at you.

It means you can't just gank people without a fight, you have to melee some, and to do that you have to HP, resists, crit resists. NB cloak is still one of the strongest abilities in the game. NB with cloak, some reisists and wild hunt is very hard to kill

your right,
    and ...
    thats true, your right

BUT

that. is. a. Horrible. Horrible. reality for a dps in an mmo!!

the defenses and mass damage from sorcerers and wardens and necromancers Far outweigh and is Way higher on Both defenses and Damage than the nightblade.
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 19, 2021 7:12PM
    Options
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, STAMINA IS CRAP? Then you haven't played magicka nb recently my dude - it's insultingly garbage.
    Options
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭

~36k stam
    12k~ penetration
    +10%dmg boost from a set
    stats without balorg

that is not the problem the problem is the missing dmg

if i cant kill avrage players with a glass canon build i can for sure not kill them with a tankier build
    Options
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭

~36k stam
    12k~ penetration
    +10%dmg boost from a set
    stats without balorg

if i cant kill avrage players with a glass canon build i can for sure not kill them with a tankier build

and wild hunt is 1. not tankier and 2. in my opinion weaker than alternatives
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

~36k stam
    12k~ penetration
    +10%dmg boost from a set
    stats without balorg

Then figure out how to get more damage. Stamblade is capable of killing everything. If you’re expecting to kill everyone in just 1 combo then you’re not really earning the kill.

I run a 5 medium 2 heavy no cloak build and I can kill most players without using an ult or bow proc so there is plenty of damage, but sometimes you gotta work for it.
    Options
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah health based heals and super powered procs have really hurt the idea of burst classes. I’ve been super unhappy with stat based burst setups this patch, but stamblade is still more than playable, and is actually in a pretty decent place balance-wise.

Also yo, thank you @Wolfpaw for the shoutout <3
    Options