Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we PLEASE get rid of capture the relic?

Kostic
Kostic
Soul Shriven
No one likes this game. Yes, I'm sure there will be four of you who want to chime in that this is your favorite game, and I'll be expecting that. Aside from you four, no one likes this game. If we're going to play every other game as DM, fine.At least the other teams play as a group in domination and even chaosball, and we can still get a fight from that. We can't even get a 4v4, let alone 4v4v4 fight in cap the relic because half the players don't know what to do, and the other half don't know what the other players on their team want to do.

We can't even sit at spawn and wait for it to end because it takes so long. Please just get rid of this game, ZOS.
  • Ratpack
    Ratpack
    ✭✭✭
    I like it more then chaosball.

1/4
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite one, what you mean no one likes it?
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday we had a "Capture the relic mode" where 11 of 12 players were playing our beloved Deathmatch, sadly there was 1 clueless guy who decided to play the objective and the game finished too fast..

We need dedicated DM que, I`m sick of stupid relics and flags I play BGs to PvP not to run like headless chicken around the map.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate capture the relic its the one game mode I roll my eyes at
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only mode I dislike more is domination. They should remove both or make a seperate queue. One for people that actually want to PvP and those that want to avoid PvP while it is turned on.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna get rid of it because there’s teams who cap once and grab the relics and glitch out the map
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't expect removal or addition of PvP game modes. Just realize PvP isn't priority and accept You're playing a PvErs game. :'(
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I seem to get at the moment is this stupid mode, it's driving me crazy.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've gotten one DM in my past dozen queues. :(
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    They should remove it, agree.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like, its a good game mode, with a bit of tactic you can farm the relics its good gameplay.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main problem with it is that in a lot of games, almost nothing happens.

One team will get one relic then everyone just camps with tanks on their own flags for 15 minutes.

It is very frustrating. Had several of those with only 1 or 2 relics captured then a giant stalemate between and the tanky builds.

If they are not removing it, they should at least add some debuff to home bases to make players move around a little bit more instead of staying there for 15 minutes.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite way to handle it is to take both other relics with my team and don’t cap them, just camp in the middle and force a brawl.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the relic should be removed from Solo Only Queue. This game mode requires high collaboration between teammates. It's unplayable with unorganized group...

Some random teammates don't care about tactics, they simply run into enemies and focus on killing.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the Relic and Chaos Ball are horrible games! They're too easily abused by werewolves or unkillable stamina characters with tons of health (mostly stamdens). I truly do dislike those two games. I would rather play Domination if I can't have Deathmatch.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its my favourite mode
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    tbh I am going to make a rule for myself, whenever I see ctr on load screen, I will leave the match and close my wallet even tighter for ZOS, eventually leaving bear traps. [snip]

[Edited to remove Inappropriate Content and Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 8, 2021 5:36PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Capture the flag has been a staple of PVP modes since...the dawn of the Internet 1.0? This is just ESO's version....have you not experienced this game mode in other games prior to ESO?
  • KashyyyK240
    KashyyyK240
    ✭✭✭
    Holy moly, this game mode was really fun when I first started playing. Knowing when to pop out of sneak and grabbing the relic or having a major expedition on trigger was a viable tactic.

Since then it devolved into one of these
    - any unkillable tanky build sitting in front of relic, bashing you constantly while you jump around switching from dps-ing the brick wall to trying the capture again
    - necro dudes with 40k hp, harbinger set and goliath ulti, spamming scythes while slowly walking away in block mode with your relic
    - every other guy chugging his immovable potion before taking your relic and running away while being hit by 5 cc abilities that don't do anything to him

And the first 2 are not even problems specific to capture the relic. It's the very idea of these pvp game modes other than DM, which favor the "brick" gameplay over actual pvp. Why think about pvp mechanics when you can just run from objective to objective in 7x heavy infused with health glyphs and 64 points into health and sit there defending or capturing?
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Capture the flag has been a staple of PVP modes since...the dawn of the Internet 1.0? This is just ESO's version....have you not experienced this game mode in other games prior to ESO?

Yes but other games managed to make capture the flag actually fun, ESO fails at this very hard and making bad game mode worse, it is being exploited hard right now.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »

Yes but other games managed to make capture the flag actually fun, ESO fails at this very hard and making bad game mode worse, it is being exploited hard right now.

Normally, i would enjoy the various game modes for BGs, but you are right ESO take on them are not that fun. They aren't imaginative and more often than not just outright annoying. I wish more effort was put into giving us really unique BGs rather than RNG of game types in a RNG of battleground skins. Maybe where each game mode has 2-3 maps that were unique to it and it only.

At this point they should just toss us all in Coldharbour Estate and put the objective in the center and let us go at it. It would be less annoying.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the relic should be removed from Solo Only Queue. This game mode requires high collaboration between teammates. It's unplayable with unorganized group...

Some random teammates don't care about tactics, they simply run into enemies and focus on killing.

I think it should be the other way around, make capture the relic solo queue only and remove it from the group queue. For example in the group queue relic mode you often have two teams that go for a fight when they see each other, while the third team decided to go for a round of PvE and end the "match" in two minutes. Capture the relic is optimal for solo queue because it favours teams that split. Solo players that check a briefly unattended relic point can score a lot of points.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'd prefer if they got rid of crazy king or whatever it's called where the flags spawn and disapear and spawn again. Capture the relic is my fav cause it's the quickest
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    Honestly I'd prefer if they got rid of crazy king or whatever it's called where the flags spawn and disapear and spawn again. Capture the relic is my fav cause it's the quickest

My problem with Crazy King is that a lot like CTR, it penalizes you for pvping the later you go into the match. I'd like to see Crazy King reversed. (Game starts with 5 flags until only 1 spawns and respawns near the end of the game) It's like you start the game, have a nice 3-way teamfight, and then never see the third team again.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Id rather have ctr than chaosball
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd forgotten chaosball was even a mode until I finally got it last night. It's certainly a mode that favours the current unkillably tanky meta, but I was able to pick it up once (the only way we even got second) on my squishy magplar when the other two teams were engaged in a little deathmatch and the entire rest of the time one single player on the other team had it.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »

Really? Idk it feels just as fun in ESO as it does in other multiplayer games I've played in the past. Every game puts their own "spin" on it, but the fundamentals of the game mode feels the same to me.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I like that mode, to be honest I like all modes except chaosball and it may surprise some, but I hate DMs. I hate those two modes because it's hard to find 1v1 in those matches, everyone just groups up and running around roflstomping everything.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd probably hate it less if it wasn't THE most common mode to come up.
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    agree