The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How important are race passives to you when creating characters?

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not important
    I play a character how he/she is - this is role playing, I don't care about balance either. But I care about if a character is fun to play and I can immerse in his/her character. I have a hard time immersing in the witcher for example, Gerald is so bland, that I have a hard time wanting to play at all - but this is how the character of Gerald is, so I play him nevertheless just like he is. Or take the watchdogs series - I cannot really feel into the protagonists - still I try to "be them" for the sake of role play.
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral
    Wing wrote: »
    they were stated to be a "set and a half" balance wise by the devs

so how important do you find some sets to a build?

exactly

especially as they are equally as heavily weighted to specific builds such as tank, magicka, stamina, etc.

the people saying "not important" the same ones that wear hundings rage as a magicka healer.

They flat out aren't worth a set and a half though. They aren't even worth a single set. Like orc as far as damage goes is BiS for stam and it gives you 2k stam and 258 weapon damage. Hundings gives you 1666 weapon crit, 1100 stam, and 300 weapon damage. Racial passives < one set
  • Skykaiser_Ọlọrun
    Not important
    Not pushing leaderboards or bleeding edge content. Don't care.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Important
    Important and it is very annoying.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other ( for you special other choosers ;) )
    I wanted an Altmer hybrid Vampire Necromancer (a child of Summerset fallen from grace) so I made one.

I wanted a Redgaurd hybrid Dragon Knight (a sword dancing master of flames) so I made one.

I wanted a Breton hybrid Templar that mains as a tank (a Ravenwatch Vampire from the Montclair family) so I made one.

Race is important to me because I play actual characters, not just stats. It's important to me also to not stick strictly within a box and make something close to what Elder Scrolls roleplaying has been about to me for so long. I do the best I can in PVE and PVP but not at the expense of my character. If you want to teabag me in PVP because I'm not on your META level, so be it.

Just created a Nord clever woman. She's a Warden. Maybe I'll make it a hybrid like most of my other characters. Don't know yet. But I feel kind of bored looking at my weapon options because they do make my characters feel samey. I have 2H, dual wield, and staff characters; making another dizzy swing warrior feels extremely boring. Maybe that's the bigger issue effecting build diversity.