The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Fix the templar class!

Mitaka211
Mitaka211
✭✭✭✭
Title says it all. I am so god damn tired of this necro, warden crap...and people actually demanding new op classes. These developers need to have a hard look at the absurd differences in power when it comes to the classes . Some get all the major buffs and debuffs just by using their natural rotations and here i am with my stamplar , needing to twist and turn , just to get them. I think this whole talk is long overdue. It is just a fact that some classes like necro or warden , don't have to try at all to perform well , they just push a button and boop here is major fracture, boop here is major mending , boop here is major brutallity. And on top of that all the skills that give them those buffs or debuffs , outperform anything the other classes have as a comparison.

What happened to setting standards to certain types of abilities, that went nowhere real quick i think? The main problem i have is that i started playing stamplar since day one of the game. Making alts is not the same. I have an alt stam necro i play in pvp (rarely) and i find him to be so much more stronger than my stamplar it's not even funny. There is no place for comparison at all. Think about it. Blastbones is basically power of the light, when it comes to way of use right? How the hell do the two even compare, cause i am not seeing it? Same for warden with their damn beetle that just deletes resists for free. Both of these abilities do more damage than power of the light and apply better debuffs. Sustain and heals of stamplar are non existant when you compare to any other class really, let alone these two that basically play themselves for you. Passives are a complete joke on templar and it's not even funny. Our ults are by far the worst in the entire game. The only thing we have going for us is jabs really(which i think is a real problem for bad players only , like every single decent person i have dueled simply moves around and makes you miss half of them).

Worst thing is that these problems with stamplar have been known for years now. And we have been gutted patch, after patch , after patch. It's gotten a bit too much for me latetly. I am sick and tired of these developers keeping their mouths shut, ignoring years of feedback. Is the rep program even alive? Not that they even listend to anything that was recommended there but whatever. I am sorry if i sound salty as hell, but imagine waiting between every expansion , just to see they have either nerfed or not done anything to your main class, when even the reps have been repating the same things for YEARS, not months , YEARS. For a long time i felt like i was playing this bland class that had no identity , did not have mobility like nightblade or streaking sorcs did not even have good healing on the stamina side, which i find really absurd , considering the description of the class, remember the original idea of the templar "house" yea we don't have that now too, power of the light is barely worth slotting and here we are with our trusty jabb. I feel kinda done honestly , this game stared to *** me off a long time ago and i realized it does that more than it gives me a good feeling of playing it.

I don't think it's that crazy to want this class updated. I know what some people would say, "but jabbs, nerf them too". Look i don't give a damn about jabs, they can rework the entire skill for all i care, i just want my main class to be interesting to play and not feel like everything i do is an uphill battle. I want a fair rework so i can actually feel like i am playing a paladin, which the templar basically is. They need to do an entire rework of all our passives. Rework all our ultimates (The last time i used a class ult was when the sweep one gave major protection), but i am talking complete revamp , new animations, new effects and so on, they just look dumb and boring (i am talking visiually , not that i even look at them anymore ,they are useless). We also need to have our skills looked at. We have far too few options when it comes to stamina. We need to be able to use better class healing abilities, we are THE healing class and we have worse healing that all other stamina classes like what the heck. I honestly think that jabbs being an aoe is extremely problematic. First it gets mitigated so much (by people who actually understand how) and it hits like a wet noodle, also all the damage it can possibly do is deleted by people simply walking sideways and server lag lol. Power of the light needs to be deleted and reworked, in comparison to similar skills in other classes it underperforms in every single aspect. Our ranged stun javelin is kinda ok, but i don't use it , there a ton of other abilities that are simply better. Give us a way to utilize our burst heal, we are strictly dependend on rally and vigor to keep us alive which i find unacceptable , considering our class theme. Lastly , give us a gimmick like all the other classes cause right now we don't have one, right now our gimmick seems to be a glorified lightbulb. The most logical solution would be to make us a area defender again, we pop our runes, we sit tight and defend an area, which would be a contrast to the high mobility other classes have.

I think it's important to mention i view myself as slightly above average when it comes to pvp. I do well in duels and can perform well in bgs or cyrodill. I can make the class to perform somewhat good i just think that anything i do on my templar i can do better on another class. I am just one of those players that likes to have one character, i use my templar for pve , i use him for pvp and all the crafting. I do everything on him , and no other character can ever recapture the "journey" i had with my first charcter and that is the main reason i don't really play my necro that much, i made him just to see for myself how he is nothing more.

This is my rant i guess. I think this topic is important and i am pretty sure a lot of people , and maybe not just templar palyers feel this way. I just want to like playing my main character that's all.
Edited by Mitaka211 on December 17, 2020 11:49PM
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold on, weren't jab-jab-jab templars the object of such posts as this not too long ago?

I agree with a class revamp though. But I am never going to side with you over tears about PVP, which should be split separately from the rest of the game anyway.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making rune additionally self heal you would be great tbh. I would love such a change. Make it hp% based, like 3 or 4% and Templar tank will finally be not that horrible.
    Options
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold on, weren't jab-jab-jab templars the object of such posts as this not too long ago?

I agree with a class revamp though. But I am never going to side with you over tears about PVP, which should be split separately from the rest of the game anyway.

Split , like a seperate stat that reduces/increases damage in pvp enviorment? If that is the case, i have played other mmos that did that and it only murdered pvp in like a month after implamenting. Usually , that is the way i have seen it done in other mmos.
    Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP 100%, templar is too focused on magicka and the stamina/tanking sides suffer greatly
    Edited by Athan1 on December 20, 2020 6:16AM
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....what? Stamplars are really good and ridiculously easy to use. I leveled a stamplar last week and spent just 3 hours practicing and hit 101k DPS with a suboptimal setup. I could probably get close to 110k if I had the exact right stuff. Stamplar is hella good and braindead easy to use.
    Options
  • deleted220701-004865
    Eedat wrote: »
    ....what? Stamplars are really good and ridiculously easy to use. I leveled a stamplar last week and spent just 3 hours practicing and hit 101k DPS with a suboptimal setup. I could probably get close to 110k if I had the exact right stuff. Stamplar is hella good and braindead easy to use.

The op is talking about pvp, where templars--both mag and stam--are not in a good place. It doesn't matter how much pve stamplars can hit a dummy for.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea target dummies mean *** any way, they don't move or give dmg back
    Options
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Yea target dummies mean *** any way, they don't move or give dmg back

my first dungeon ever on my stamplar I ran vBRF and was doing 60k single target damage lol. The best part about stamplar is the rotation is so braindead simple that it's far easier to use than most super complicated trial dummy parse rotations. It's insane damage thats super easy to pull off
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    I agree with the OP 100%, templar is too focused on magicka and the stamina/tanking sides suffer greatly

Be careful what you ask for. The wish to have classes cater more to the stamina side of things, has destroyed certain magicka classes for pvp already. Uhm, all of them actually.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

it still works but u need to use dufferent build f.e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhW1M7S3feM

Options
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    Title says it all. I am so god damn tired of this necro, warden crap...and people actually demanding new op classes. These developers need to have a hard look at the absurd differences in power when it comes to the classes . Some get all the major buffs and debuffs just by using their natural rotations and here i am with my stamplar , needing to twist and turn , just to get them. I think this whole talk is long overdue. It is just a fact that some classes like necro or warden , don't have to try at all to perform well , they just push a button and boop here is major fracture, boop here is major mending , boop here is major brutallity. And on top of that all the skills that give them those buffs or debuffs , outperform anything the other classes have as a comparison.

What happened to setting standards to certain types of abilities, that went nowhere real quick i think? The main problem i have is that i started playing stamplar since day one of the game. Making alts is not the same. I have an alt stam necro i play in pvp (rarely) and i find him to be so much more stronger than my stamplar it's not even funny. There is no place for comparison at all. Think about it. Blastbones is basically power of the light, when it comes to way of use right? How the hell do the two even compare, cause i am not seeing it? Same for warden with their damn beetle that just deletes resists for free. Both of these abilities do more damage than power of the light and apply better debuffs. Sustain and heals of stamplar are non existant when you compare to any other class really, let alone these two that basically play themselves for you. Passives are a complete joke on templar and it's not even funny. Our ults are by far the worst in the entire game. The only thing we have going for us is jabs really(which i think is a real problem for bad players only , like every single decent person i have dueled simply moves around and makes you miss half of them).

Worst thing is that these problems with stamplar have been known for years now. And we have been gutted patch, after patch , after patch. It's gotten a bit too much for me latetly. I am sick and tired of these developers keeping their mouths shut, ignoring years of feedback. Is the rep program even alive? Not that they even listend to anything that was recommended there but whatever. I am sorry if i sound salty as hell, but imagine waiting between every expansion , just to see they have either nerfed or not done anything to your main class, when even the reps have been repating the same things for YEARS, not months , YEARS. For a long time i felt like i was playing this bland class that had no identity , did not have mobility like nightblade or streaking sorcs did not even have good healing on the stamina side, which i find really absurd , considering the description of the class, remember the original idea of the templar "house" yea we don't have that now too, power of the light is barely worth slotting and here we are with our trusty jabb. I feel kinda done honestly , this game stared to *** me off a long time ago and i realized it does that more than it gives me a good feeling of playing it.

I don't think it's that crazy to want this class updated. I know what some people would say, "but jabbs, nerf them too". Look i don't give a damn about jabs, they can rework the entire skill for all i care, i just want my main class to be interesting to play and not feel like everything i do is an uphill battle. I want a fair rework so i can actually feel like i am playing a paladin, which the templar basically is. They need to do an entire rework of all our passives. Rework all our ultimates (The last time i used a class ult was when the sweep one gave major protection), but i am talking complete revamp , new animations, new effects and so on, they just look dumb and boring (i am talking visiually , not that i even look at them anymore ,they are useless). We also need to have our skills looked at. We have far too few options when it comes to stamina. We need to be able to use better class healing abilities, we are THE healing class and we have worse healing that all other stamina classes like what the heck. I honestly think that jabbs being an aoe is extremely problematic. First it gets mitigated so much (by people who actually understand how) and it hits like a wet noodle, also all the damage it can possibly do is deleted by people simply walking sideways and server lag lol. Power of the light needs to be deleted and reworked, in comparison to similar skills in other classes it underperforms in every single aspect. Our ranged stun javelin is kinda ok, but i don't use it , there a ton of other abilities that are simply better. Give us a way to utilize our burst heal, we are strictly dependend on rally and vigor to keep us alive which i find unacceptable , considering our class theme. Lastly , give us a gimmick like all the other classes cause right now we don't have one, right now our gimmick seems to be a glorified lightbulb. The most logical solution would be to make us a area defender again, we pop our runes, we sit tight and defend an area, which would be a contrast to the high mobility other classes have.

I think it's important to mention i view myself as slightly above average when it comes to pvp. I do well in duels and can perform well in bgs or cyrodill. I can make the class to perform somewhat good i just think that anything i do on my templar i can do better on another class. I am just one of those players that likes to have one character, i use my templar for pve , i use him for pvp and all the crafting. I do everything on him , and no other character can ever recapture the "journey" i had with my first charcter and that is the main reason i don't really play my necro that much, i made him just to see for myself how he is nothing more.

This is my rant i guess. I think this topic is important and i am pretty sure a lot of people , and maybe not just templar palyers feel this way. I just want to like playing my main character that's all.

u just need to change build

for pvp try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhW1M7S3feM

Options
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen unkillable magplars in pvp. Don't think mag or stam templar is bad atm, they're actually really good.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
    Options
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    I've seen unkillable magplars in pvp. Don't think mag or stam templar is bad atm, they're actually really good.

Yes, you can do well in pvp with both. But well doesn't cut it once you come against any class really , played by someone who knows what he is doing. You can do well with all classes that does not make them balanced. It's simple as comparing similar skills , passives, ults, major or minor buffs the class has access to, stuff like that. Honestly , when i win a duel with my stamplar i simply think the other person is still learning and doesn't know what he is doing, or he is messing around with a build. The class is far from ok, playing other classes comes as a shock to a stamplar believe me.
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What you are probably talking about is a procplar. They were likely using Grothdar, Overwhelming Surge/Aurorans, and Malacath. Any class is boss with procs. But I have never had a problem with any magplars that weren't wearing proc sets. Those sets do not mean the class is actually good right now. However, the class won't get fixed because it seems like ZOS is content with making proc sets be the great equalizer.
    Options
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What you are probably talking about is a procplar. They were likely using Grothdar, Overwhelming Surge/Aurorans, and Malacath. Any class is boss with procs. But I have never had a problem with any magplars that weren't wearing proc sets. Those sets do not mean the class is actually good right now. However, the class won't get fixed because it seems like ZOS is content with making proc sets be the great equalizer.

Tbh I did get hit with grothdarr. Could've been exactly that. Malacath still shouldn't effect procs.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Options
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix Templar!!!

*Proceeds to talk about Stamplar and not Magplar*

?????????????????
    ?????????????
    ?
    ????
    ??????????????????????????????????????
    Options
  • Hakkanistorm
    Hakkanistorm
    ✭✭✭
    a99bfedc49c1.jpg

I'm with you guys! Templar is such *** last year
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tondodino wrote: »
    Eedat wrote: »

The op is talking about pvp, where templars--both mag and stam--are not in a good place. It doesn't matter how much pve stamplars can hit a dummy for.

Totally. The Jab to Win button has always been nothing but a bad place
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More options are always welcome but I wouldn’t want a total rework / revamp of Templar. Templar and Sorcerer are my favorite classes to play.

I haven’t understood why Warden and Necromancer are considered so OP, but maybe it makes the difference between two players equally skilled and armed? Idk
    Options
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    AinSoph wrote: »
    Fix Templar!!!

*Proceeds to talk about Stamplar and not Magplar*

?????????????????
    ?????????????
    ?
    ????
    ??????????????????????????????????????

Maybe because i play a stamplar since the start of the game.... i wonder if that is the reason. If only there was a way for you to create a discussion and talk about magplar ... oh wait there is.
    Options
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are you talking about. Templars are in a great place in pve.

And are one of the easiest classes in pvp along with sorc to just dominate. And you don't even have to try.

Stamplars straight drop nightblades and hold their own against DK easily.

Puncturing jabs is a spammables that does great dps AND heals for 40 percent of the damage AND reduces speed.

Biting jabs same damage adds critical and reduces speed

Our gap closer stuns for gods sake!

Burning light is free damage

Backlash straight does damage and ends with a burst

Power of light not only does damage but also applies minor breach.

Last thing Temps need is a buff.

Maybe add a few more stamina morphs but thats it.

Us Temps and sorcs are the only classes where you can put in no effort and still outperform.
    Edited by SOLDIER_1stClass on December 29, 2020 4:11AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And are one of the easiest classes in pvp along with sorc to just dominate. And you don't even have to try.

Puncturing jabs is a spammables that does great dps AND heals for 40 percent of the damage AND reduces speed.

Us Temps and sorcs are the only classes where you can put in no effort and still outperform.

The thread isn't about PvE so leave that for now.

Regarding jabspam, you can counter the entire class by having access to major evasion.

Burning light never procs outside of jabspam in 1v1, in outnumbered PvP situations I'm surprised if I even spot burning light in combat metrics afterwards.

Our passives are super outdated and needs rework, especially the ones in the restoring light tree. And for being a class associated with healing (templars usually are), templars isn't even at the upper half when it comes to healing power.

People saying templar is fine in the current pvp meta (again, pve set aside) needs a reality check.
    Options
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Regarding jabspam, you can counter the entire class by having access to major evasion.

Burning light never procs outside of jabspam in 1v1, in outnumbered PvP situations I'm surprised if I even spot burning light in combat metrics afterwards.

Our passives are super outdated and needs rework, especially the ones in the restoring light tree. And for being a class associated with healing (templars usually are), templars isn't even at the upper half when it comes to healing power.

People saying templar is fine in the current pvp meta (again, pve set aside) needs a reality check.

Yet, you can't deny that everyone in the game would use jabs if every class had access to it. Forcing your enemy to use a specific setup or lose a duel is plenty strong.

Also at least magplar works in pvp, which can't be said for most mag classes.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet, you can't deny that everyone in the game would use jabs if every class had access to it. Forcing your enemy to use a specific setup or lose a duel is plenty strong.

You're not "forcing" anyone to use evasion, my point was that anyone who does can go afk while the templar tries to cause any damage with their jabs.

Playing outnumbered as a magplar in PvP should be considered self harm due to how awful it is. The only thing magplar for going for them is that they have a decent purge, but even in that department their purge is beaten by the necro purge which is far stronger than extended ritual.
    Options
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not "forcing" anyone to use evasion, my point was that anyone who does can go afk while the templar tries to cause any damage with their jabs.

Playing outnumbered as a magplar in PvP should be considered self harm due to how awful it is. The only thing magplar for going for them is that they have a decent purge, but even in that department their purge is beaten by the necro purge which is far stronger than extended ritual.

You just said to use evasion to counter jabs didn't you? Jabs doesn't need a target to start and is an aoe in front of your face so aim isn't needed much. Going afk is just exaggeration. I've played templar, I know.

You also didn't answer my question.

Everyone outnumbered is at disadvantage? I didn't even mention anything like that. Regardless I'm referring to all the usual effects jabs has but mag gets a 40% heal on this as well.
    Options
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know. My Magplar is always the character I go back to, especially for PVP.

Sweeps is definitely the best spammable in the game IMO. Yes it isn’t long range and yes it gets mitigated a good bit with major evasion. But the damage it does combined with Burning Light is unparalleled, and it gives you great self healing while attacking and does AOE damage. With a remotely decent build, you can instantly do pretty decently in PvP just by using Toppling Charge and Sweeps.

Granted, purifying light is not very good as a delayed burst. It simply doesn’t do much damage unless you’re absolutely destroying someone for several seconds, which is rare in PVP and if it’s happening they’re probably dead anyways. Blastbones, Shalks, Curse, and the NB Bow are all definitely better, and Bound Armaments probably is too (I’ve just not tried it). But when you’ve got an incredibly good spammable, a good and cheap burst ultimate (Crescent), and a strong execute, you don’t really need a delayed burst ability (for example StamDKs don’t have one either and they’re strong).

I also think Templar is the best class for a heavy attack PVP build (using undaunted infiltrator and undaunted unweaver). I’ve been running this a ton recently, and it is the strongest thing I’ve ever played in PVP (at least for me). What makes them great for this is: (1) their access to 10 seconds of empower; (2) an on-demand off balance and stun in one ability; and (3) a cheap and good stamina ability to proc Undaunted Unweaver (Restoring Focus). Other little things they have also help, such as more damage to blocking opponents (since you can’t dodge lightning heavy attacks, blocking is often the best damage mitigation tool). I also love that Restoring Focus gives stamina through block and sprint, because it allows me to be mobile and still keep my stamina pool up.
    Options
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »

Well...you are right about Wardens and Necros being OP. But thats probably intentional since you gotta pay extra for em. Not saying thats right or wrong, just that its the reason why. If ZOS made the templars as good as the paid classes are now they'd just make the paid classes even stronger than they were before the templar buff to maintain the incentive to buy them.

Wardens and Necromancers could use a nerf or two though.

Personally I think Templars are just fine as they are. Made my first templar healer last week and holy crap is it strong. I use a templar for my guild's werewolf wednesday and its super strong. My magika melee dps templar is super OP. I once made a stamina templar(non-werewolf)...didn't keep him that way though. I think stamina dps is where the templar falls short. All classes fall short in one catagory. I don't think templars need fixing.

If there was any class I'd make changes to it would be Nightblades. They need their own burst heal that isn't a drain. Also I don't see why the invisibility spell they have has such a short duration when they just chain cast it anyways...

As for the one catagory nightblades fall short on...magika casting dps. My one nightblade has seen every playstyle and whenever I went magika ranged dps with my Nightblade I always went heavy on the destruction staff abilities.
    Edit: Yes I know about Vigor...thats not a nightblade ability though.
    Edited by hexentb16_ESO on December 31, 2020 12:32AM
    Options
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What templars are missing is a heal over time spammable. Something like wardens living trellis, a way to buff up heals or defensive that can also be spammed to heal up fast.

Erryone gangster with their healing jabs until you have to do portal in CR etc.. And don't have anything to attack to heal off for ages.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
    Options
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    What templars are missing is a heal over time spammable. Something like wardens living trellis, a way to buff up heals or defensive that can also be spammed to heal up fast.

Erryone gangster with their healing jabs until you have to do portal in CR etc.. And don't have anything to attack to heal off for ages.

I agree with this, in the sense that it is what I feel like I most need on the Magplar. Living Dark is good if outnumbered or facing another Templar (since it procs a ton against Jabs/Sweeps), but you need to be taking a bunch of direct damage attacks to get any heals from it, so it’s not a reliable HoT. Extended Ritual is a good ability but the actual HoT on it isn’t very strong and requires you to stay in one place, which isn’t usually great in PvP. And those are really the only HoT-like abilities the Templar has in its kit. It forces me to run Rapid Regen on a Magplar—which I guess I don’t totally mind to be honest, since I love the resto ult anyways.

That said, I think it’s purposeful that Templars don’t get a great HoT. I think reasoning is that they deal with damage over time not through HoTs, but through purging. And, to the extent the damage over time that they are receiving isn’t from actual DoTs that can be purged but rather through sustained direct damage, then Living Dark is actually a good HoT. That combination might leave them with a bit of a weakness in being able to actually get back to full health quickly when not taking damage (since both Extended Ritual and Living Dark are more about mitigating damage that is coming in, and won’t actually heal you up much when you aren’t taking damage), but that’s why they have the best burst heal in the game.
    Options
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭

maybe because just jabs are braindead op? especially in pve

take away these jabs from stamplar and you can delete class entertely because this class have close to nothing else to offer to be even on par with rest classes
    Options