The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fix the templar class!

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iksde wrote: »
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    What are you talking about. Templars are in a great place in pve.

And are one of the easiest classes in pvp along with sorc to just dominate. And you don't even have to try.

Stamplars straight drop nightblades and hold their own against DK easily.

Puncturing jabs is a spammables that does great dps AND heals for 40 percent of the damage AND reduces speed.

Biting jabs same damage adds critical and reduces speed

Our gap closer stuns for gods sake!

Burning light is free damage

Backlash straight does damage and ends with a burst

Power of light not only does damage but also applies minor breach.

Last thing Temps need is a buff.

Maybe add a few more stamina morphs but thats it.

Us Temps and sorcs are the only classes where you can put in no effort and still outperform.

The thread isn't about PvE so leave that for now.

Regarding jabspam, you can counter the entire class by having access to major evasion.

Burning light never procs outside of jabspam in 1v1, in outnumbered PvP situations I'm surprised if I even spot burning light in combat metrics afterwards.

Our passives are super outdated and needs rework, especially the ones in the restoring light tree. And for being a class associated with healing (templars usually are), templars isn't even at the upper half when it comes to healing power.

People saying templar is fine in the current pvp meta (again, pve set aside) needs a reality check.

Yet, you can't deny that everyone in the game would use jabs if every class had access to it. Forcing your enemy to use a specific setup or lose a duel is plenty strong.

Also at least magplar works in pvp, which can't be said for most mag classes.

maybe because just jabs are braindead op? especially in pve

take away these jabs from stamplar and you can delete class entertely because this class have close to nothing else to offer to be even on par with rest classes

I said that before, that jabs is dragging down templar by being way too good. Yet no one wanted to hear it.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And are one of the easiest classes in pvp along with sorc to just dominate. And you don't even have to try.

Puncturing jabs is a spammables that does great dps AND heals for 40 percent of the damage AND reduces speed.

Us Temps and sorcs are the only classes where you can put in no effort and still outperform.

Regarding jabspam, you can counter the entire class by having access to major evasion.

Burning light never procs outside of jabspam in 1v1, in outnumbered PvP situations I'm surprised if I even spot burning light in combat metrics afterwards.

Our passives are super outdated and needs rework, especially the ones in the restoring light tree. And for being a class associated with healing (templars usually are), templars isn't even at the upper half when it comes to healing power.

People saying templar is fine in the current pvp meta (again, pve set aside) needs a reality check.

Yet, you can't deny that everyone in the game would use jabs if every class had access to it. Forcing your enemy to use a specific setup or lose a duel is plenty strong.

take away these jabs from stamplar and you can delete class entertely because this class have close to nothing else to offer to be even on par with rest classes

I said that before, that jabs is dragging down templar by being way too good. Yet no one wanted to hear it.

I've been saying it for a while now https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/549108/nerf-jabs-to-make-templar-great-again-warning-sarcasm-inside
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class will never have the casual survivability of a warden until they get a good source of non jabs heal.

Jabs are great but they don't make you capable of being the mechanics guy with your own healing away from the healers. Which is strange for templars I think.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »

I've been saying it for a while now https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/549108/nerf-jabs-to-make-templar-great-again-warning-sarcasm-inside

Yep, looks like they didn't want to hear it then either. Oh well, I tried.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
  • KurtAngle2
    KurtAngle2
    ✭✭✭✭
    What templars are missing is a heal over time spammable. Something like wardens living trellis, a way to buff up heals or defensive that can also be spammed to heal up fast.

Erryone gangster with their healing jabs until you have to do portal in CR etc.. And don't have anything to attack to heal off for ages.

I agree with this, in the sense that it is what I feel like I most need on the Magplar. Living Dark is good if outnumbered or facing another Templar (since it procs a ton against Jabs/Sweeps), but you need to be taking a bunch of direct damage attacks to get any heals from it, so it’s not a reliable HoT. Extended Ritual is a good ability but the actual HoT on it isn’t very strong and requires you to stay in one place, which isn’t usually great in PvP. And those are really the only HoT-like abilities the Templar has in its kit. It forces me to run Rapid Regen on a Magplar—which I guess I don’t totally mind to be honest, since I love the resto ult anyways.

That said, I think it’s purposeful that Templars don’t get a great HoT. I think reasoning is that they deal with damage over time not through HoTs, but through purging. And, to the extent the damage over time that they are receiving isn’t from actual DoTs that can be purged but rather through sustained direct damage, then Living Dark is actually a good HoT. That combination might leave them with a bit of a weakness in being able to actually get back to full health quickly when not taking damage (since both Extended Ritual and Living Dark are more about mitigating damage that is coming in, and won’t actually heal you up much when you aren’t taking damage), but that’s why they have the best burst heal in the game.

Templars and "Best Burst Heal in the game" is a joke right? Wardens, DKs and Necros would like to have a word with you right now
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad some things that I've asked for in the past have been looked at. Some of the changes to Templar have been great. But there's more that needs to be done. (edit: moved my suggestion to its own thread)
    Edited by StarOfElyon on January 8, 2021 7:50PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remembrance keeping you locked in place is just terrible now with only 10% damage reduction.

Jesus beam is too delayed to be used as an execute.

POTL and PL damage is worthless. Should provide major breach for both morphs.

Stam needs a class heal and defensive. Maybe eclipse should be made to grant immunity to root and snares rather than snare attackers.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POTL seems fine to me. Purifying Light is pretty weak though.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restro staff ultimate is way more better than the templar healing ultimate. Why?

It heals more, it lasts more, it casts 3 additional spells(+their additional effects) and it lets you to move. Rememberance used to have 30% major protection, now it's no more. Makes no sense why it is even more useless than it already was.

The damage of magplar seems fine. Though the change to the burning light made half of the aedric spear skills useless. Need to rework that again..

Need max health scaling heal and a heal overtime kinda like arctic blast. And that blazing shield needs to be buffed by alot. Nowadays with 45k health and 23% bastion cp star, the sheild is 8k at max in pvp and dealing 40% (with 81 into master at arms cp) of the damage dealt in 5 meter radius which is 3k before resistances. This is not even close to good considering how hard you have to invest into the health stat and bastion cp.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuminate should give both Minor Sorcery and Minor Brutality (to help stamina players or hybrids). So that passive would look like this:

Illuminate:
    - Casting a Dawn's Wrath ability grants Minor Sorcery and Minor Brutality to you and your group for 20 seconds, increasing your Spell and Weapon Damage by 10%.

So, I mentioned something similar in the latest Magblade thread, in response to the request to add Minor Prophecy to Hemorrhage, so it seems fair that I bring it up here...

Currently, Minor Brutality is a unique offering that is obtained only through having a DK in the group, and because of that, I'm going to have to disagree with the adding Minor Brutality to Illuminate. Not because I don't think Templar needs buffed, nor because I don't want to see improvements for Stamina or Hybrid Templars. But because I'm against further homogenizing the classes in this game by continuing to remove the unique offerings each class can bring to groups.
    Edited by ealdwin on January 4, 2021 4:27PM
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Templar the only one class which has no passive skills on resource recovery.And the only class in which both archetypes use the same skill: jabs+burning light.Unlike other classes, I have never seen Templar archers or ranged casters on pvp.
    Incredible class design!
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    Illuminate should give both Minor Sorcery and Minor Brutality (to help stamina players or hybrids). So that passive would look like this:

Illuminate:
    - Casting a Dawn's Wrath ability grants Minor Sorcery and Minor Brutality to you and your group for 20 seconds, increasing your Spell and Weapon Damage by 10%.

So, I mentioned something similar in the latest Magblade thread, in response to the request to add Minor Prophecy to Hemorrhage, so it seems fair that I bring it up here...

Currently, Minor Brutality is a unique offering that is obtained only through having a DK in the group, and because of that, I'm going to have to disagree with the adding Minor Brutality to Illuminate. Not because I don't think Templar needs buffed, nor because I don't want to see improvements for Stamina or Hybrid Templars. But because I'm against further homogenizing the classes in this game by continuing to remove the unique offerings each class can bring to groups.

It's not homogenizing anything because Templar and Dragon Knights are completely different. Giving them similar buffs don't suddenly make the classes alike. DKs have Molten Weapons. Templars don't have anything like that. Templars don't have a root. They don't have a chain pull. They don't have major breach. This change wouldn't make them any more similar.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »
    Templar the only one class which has no passive skills on resource recovery.And the only class in which both archetypes use the same skill: jabs+burning light.Unlike other classes, I have never seen Templar archers or ranged casters on pvp.
    Incredible class design!

Radiant Aura/Repentance is Templar sustain, basically. It uses a whole bar space though.
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭

Radiant Aura/Repentance is Templar sustain, basically. It uses a whole bar space though.

Nightblade:

1. Leeching Strikes
    Imbue your weapons with soul-stealing power, causing your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore 1452 Health and 106 Stamina for 20 seconds. Fully charged Heavy attacks restore twice the value.
    You restore up to 4270 additional Stamina when the effect ends, based on the time this ability is active.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Siphoning Attacks
    Imbue your weapons with soul-stealing power, causing your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore 1452 Health and 106 Magicka for 20 seconds. Fully charged Heavy attacks restore twice the value.
    You restore up to 4270 additional Magicka when the effect ends, based on the time this ability is active.
    2. Refreshing Shadows(Passive)
    Increases Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 15%.
    3. Executioner(Passive)
    When an enemy dies within 2 seconds of being damage by you, you restore 1876 Magicka or Stamina, whichever maximum is higher.

Dragonknight:

1. Helping Hands(Passive)
    When you cast an Earthen Heart Ability, you restore 990 Stamina
    2. Battle Roar(Passive)
    When you cast an Ultimate ability, you restore 46 Health, 46 Magicka, and 46 Stamina for each point of the Ultimate's cost.
    (leap cost 125 ult so DK recovery 5750 stam, mag and hp)
    3. Combustion(Passive)
    When you apply Burning to an enemy, you restore 500 Magicka. When you apply Poisoned to an enemy, you restore 500 Stamina. Each effect can occur once every 2 seconds

Sorcerer:

1. Dark Deal
    Bargain with darkness to restore 8090 Health and 3600 Stamina immediately. Restore 2400 Stamina over 20 seconds.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Dark Conversion
    Bargain with darkness to restore 8090 Health and 3600 Magicka. Restore 2400 Magicka over 20 seconds.
    (its castable but for class with best mobility its not a problem)
    2. Daedric Protection(Passive)
    Increases your Health Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 20% when a Daedric Summoning ability is slotted.
    3. Capacitor(Passive)
    Increases Magicka Recovery by 10%.
    4. Energy Overload
    Charge your fists with the power of the storm. Light attacks become lightning bolts, dealing 1132 Shock Damage to an enemy up to 28 meters away, and heavy attacks blast enemies in a 4 x 6 area for 1018 Shock Damage.
    Light and heavy attacks restore 1102 Magicka
    Attacks deplete Ultimate until you run out or the ability is toggled off.
    5. Endless Fury
    Call down lighting to strike an enemy for 423 Shock Damage.
    If target enemy’s Health falls below 20% within 4 seconds, an explosion deals an additional 1507 Shock Damage to the target and 328 Shock Damage to other enemies nearby.
    If an enemy is killed within 5 seconds by this ability, you restore 2430 Magicka

Necromancer:

1. Mortal Coil
    Siphon the last remnants of life from a corpse, healing for 2196 over 12 seconds to yourself and all allies between you and the corpse.
    You also restore 2736 Stamina over 12 seconds while siphoning the corpse.
    While slotted, your healing done is increased by 3%.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Mystic Siphon
    Violently drain the last spark of life from a corpse, dealing 2232 Shock Damage over 12 seconds to all enemies around the corpse and between you and the corpse.
    You also restore 2736 Magicka over 12 seconds while siphoning the corpse.
    While slotted, your damage done is increased by 3%.
    (both skill 0 cost)
    2. Undead Confederate(Passive)
    While you have a Necromancer summon active, you Magicka and Stamina Recovery is increased by 200
    3.Death Gleaning(Passive)
    With a bone tyrant ability slotted: Whenever an enemy you are in combat with dies within 28 meters of you, you restore 200 Magicka and Stamina.

Warden:

1. Blue Betty
    Call a Betty Netch that restores 4416 Magicka to you over 25 seconds and grants you Major Sorcery and Brutality, increasing your Weapon/Spell Damage by 20%.
    Every 5 seconds, the netch removes 1 negative effect from you.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bull Netch
    Call a Bull Netch that restores 4416 Stamina over 25 seconds. Grants Major Sorcery and Major Brutality, increasing your Spell and Weapon damage by 20%. Every 5 seconds, the netch removes 1 negative effect from you.
    (0 cost and too much bonuses, broken skill in my opinion)
    2. Flourish(Passive)
    Increase your Magicka Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 12% if an Animal Companion ability is slotted
    3. Shimmering Shield
    Spin a shield of ice around you, absorbing up to 13116 damage from 3 projectiles
    Each time you absorb a projectile you restore 831 Magicka and gain Major Heroism for 6 seconds, granting you 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.
    (its vs projectiles only but absolutely block all 3 projectiles and recovery 2493 mana. best ranged defensive skill in the game)

Templar:

1. Channeled Focus
    Create a rune of celestial protection. While active, the rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5960. You also recover 240 Magicka every 1 second.
    Standing within the rune increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance granted by 50%.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Restoring Focus
    Create a rune of celestial protection. While active, the rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5960. You also recover 240 Stamina every 1 second. Standing within the rune increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance granted by 50%.
    (its very hard in battle to stay in that tiny ring to get 50% resistance)
    2. Repentance
    Consecrate the souls of the fallen, healing you and your allies for 2702 Health and restoring 2702 Stamina to you each corpse in the area.
    While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 20%.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Radiant Aura
    Champion the cause of divine glory to apply Minor Magickasteal to all enemies around you for 20 seconds, causing you and your allies to restore 168 Magicka every 1 second when damaging them.
    While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 20%.
    (0 cost and small resource regen buff for one slot)

As I said, Templar is the only class without a resource recovery passive.

• Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    You have ZERO COST skills that regenerate yourself and ALLIES. Its main benefit is its a trash mob slayer especially in a group setup were you regen everyone else's resources as well as you own. Jab Jab Jab, Jabby, Jab Jab! lol. Like all classes. Its focus was never meant for solo pvp. Try a Class change...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main priority for templar should be to rework most of their passive, especially in the restoring light tree where majority of the passives are either outdated or straight up bad.

Burning light also needs a rework to work similar to NB bow proc where the stacks aren't dependent on you hitting the same target in rapid succession, but it stacks on the player whenever you hit something with a burning light ability. This way burning light can actually proc when you fight more than one target.

But for the love of god, don't add any stupid HP based heal or other HP scaling mechanics. This game needs less of such things.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The templar class at all needs a rework - there is simply no discussion needed for!
    Many passivs and also the skills/morphs are just no great options. If i prefer open world or guild skills compared to my own classskills in near all slots, the game is just doing something wrong.
    I could bring tons of exemples, but like we all know, we just can hope, that zos will read it and finally work on it... In PvP the class is more worse, in PvE its a way easier to fix your problems with sets, other skills ect...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    But for the love of god, don't add any stupid HP based heal or other HP scaling mechanics. This game needs less of such things.
    Definitely agree. In pvp, heals scaled heal is a cancer that needs to be eliminated.
    The problem is that ZOS focus on pve content, especially for beginners. And there are practically no resources left on pvp content. It follows that the desired changes in PVP will not happen soon, perhaps after 2-3 major additions, but it will be too late.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op described all the problems of vanilla classes, which become more and more garbage with each patch. Even in PVE, vanilla classes are good only as DD, and not all vanilla classes can be tanks or healers. The same cannot be said about the varden and the necromancer, which are good in all roles.
    PC/EU
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible class design!

Templars have 5% cost reduction on everything.
    Edited by Dracane on January 8, 2021 3:05PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Incredible class design!

Templars also have access to all the Minor Recovery buffs, which all got buffed in the past cycle. The problem with those though is that they are only obtainable through slotting a skill that varies from not that great (Radiant Aura) to decent (Repentance) depending on the situation. Those buffs shouldn't be overlooked, but the ability they come from could use a look at.
    Edited by ealdwin on January 8, 2021 3:16PM
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Unholy Knowledge:Reduces Magicka and Stamina costs for all abilities by 6%.
    Power Stone: Reduces the cost of Ultimate abilities by 15%.
    Daedric Protection: Increases your Health Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 20% when a Daedric Summoning ability is slotted.
    Capacitor:Increases Magicka Recovery by 10%.
    Just look at this 4 sorc passives...

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric Protection: Increases your Health Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 20% when a Daedric Summoning ability is slotted.

Classes are different, just picking only pieces of a class doesn't help. Sorc doesn't have jabs or burning light burst for example.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning light burst,, that's funny!!!
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Classes are different, just picking only pieces of a class doesn't help. Sorc doesn't have jabs or burning light burst for example.
    As I said earlier.Templar is the only class that does not have a passive resource recovery. And I proved it. I also said that the design of the class is so terrible that they do not use anything other than jabs.
    About sorceres. I saw: 2h malacath sorcs, 2 dagers crist sorcs, bowman sorcs, shield sorc spellcasters, minion casters. All that bilds was very good in pvp(especially stams). So sorc class skill can do any kind of buld and thats great. And i want something for templars, because right now jubs+burning list look like a crutch. Templars dont have any alternative. Our passives skills really bad, we have worst mobility. Our 6 delayed mag skill pathetic, but stam version not so bad but still worse than other classes.We dont have major sorcery/brutality buffs like other. 3 our skill use empower mechanic(in past it increase next skill damage, but now its only give 40% dmg for auto attack lol). Dark Flare and Crystal Fragments. Long time ago both of them was similar: dark get you empower that increase damage of next skill, and dark flast stun enemy with small aoe. Now they are:
    Dark Flare
    Cast Time 1s
    Conjure a ball of solar energy to heave at an enemy, dealing X Magic Damage.

Afflicts target and nearby enemies within 8 meters with Major Defile, reducing the effectiveness of healing on them by 30% for 4 seconds.

Also grants you Empower for 3 seconds, increasing the damage of your next light or heavy attacks by 40%.
    Crystal Fragments
    Cast Time 0.8s
    Conjure dark crystals to bombard an enemy, dealing X Magic Damage. Your next non-Ultimate ability cast within 3 seconds costs 10% Less.

Casting a Magicka ability has a 35% chance of causing your next Crystal Fragments to be instant, doing 66% more damage, and costing 50% less Magicka.

One of them is used, the second is forgotten.
    Right now the templar looks like a relic of an ancient era. An era in which this class had power and individuality.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said earlier.Templar is the only class that does not have a passive resource recovery. And I proved it. I also said that the design of the class is so terrible that they do not use anything other than jabs.
    About sorceres. I saw: 2h malacath sorcs, 2 dagers crist sorcs, bowman sorcs, shield sorc spellcasters, minion casters. All that bilds was very good in pvp(especially stams). So sorc class skill can do any kind of buld and thats great. And i want something for templars, because right now jubs+burning list look like a crutch. Templars dont have any alternative. Our passives skills really bad, we have worst mobility. Our 6 delayed mag skill pathetic, but stam version not so bad but still worse than other classes.We dont have major sorcery/brutality buffs like other. 3 our skill use empower mechanic(in past it increase next skill damage, but now its only give 40% dmg for auto attack lol). Dark Flare and Crystal Fragments. Long time ago both of them was similar: dark get you empower that increase damage of next skill, and dark flast stun enemy with small aoe. Now they are:
    Dark Flare
    Cast Time 1s
    Conjure a ball of solar energy to heave at an enemy, dealing X Magic Damage.

Afflicts target and nearby enemies within 8 meters with Major Defile, reducing the effectiveness of healing on them by 30% for 4 seconds.

Also grants you Empower for 3 seconds, increasing the damage of your next light or heavy attacks by 40%.
    Crystal Fragments
    Cast Time 0.8s
    Conjure dark crystals to bombard an enemy, dealing X Magic Damage. Your next non-Ultimate ability cast within 3 seconds costs 10% Less.

Casting a Magicka ability has a 35% chance of causing your next Crystal Fragments to be instant, doing 66% more damage, and costing 50% less Magicka.

One of them is used, the second is forgotten.
    Right now the templar looks like a relic of an ancient era. An era in which this class had power and individuality.

Templar is still everywhere in pvp at least. I don't care what people use in pve.

I do agree that it still has bad design though. All templar does is spam jabs, but that's because it's so good and it was designed to do. Without reworking or nerfing jabs, finding templar buffs is really difficult.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet, Sorcerer is deemed to have terrible sustain in pve. Templar does not appear so. So it does not matter.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cost reduction is inferior bcz it gets weaker the more you stack into it.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man Remembrance took a hellafied nerf didn't it. I remember when it could actually save my life.
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    KurtAngle2 wrote: »
    What templars are missing is a heal over time spammable. Something like wardens living trellis, a way to buff up heals or defensive that can also be spammed to heal up fast.

Erryone gangster with their healing jabs until you have to do portal in CR etc.. And don't have anything to attack to heal off for ages.

I agree with this, in the sense that it is what I feel like I most need on the Magplar. Living Dark is good if outnumbered or facing another Templar (since it procs a ton against Jabs/Sweeps), but you need to be taking a bunch of direct damage attacks to get any heals from it, so it’s not a reliable HoT. Extended Ritual is a good ability but the actual HoT on it isn’t very strong and requires you to stay in one place, which isn’t usually great in PvP. And those are really the only HoT-like abilities the Templar has in its kit. It forces me to run Rapid Regen on a Magplar—which I guess I don’t totally mind to be honest, since I love the resto ult anyways.

That said, I think it’s purposeful that Templars don’t get a great HoT. I think reasoning is that they deal with damage over time not through HoTs, but through purging. And, to the extent the damage over time that they are receiving isn’t from actual DoTs that can be purged but rather through sustained direct damage, then Living Dark is actually a good HoT. That combination might leave them with a bit of a weakness in being able to actually get back to full health quickly when not taking damage (since both Extended Ritual and Living Dark are more about mitigating damage that is coming in, and won’t actually heal you up much when you aren’t taking damage), but that’s why they have the best burst heal in the game.

Templars and "Best Burst Heal in the game" is a joke right? Wardens, DKs and Necros would like to have a word with you right now

I guess it’s a matter of opinion, but I think Honor the Dead is better than Coagulating Blood or Resistant Flesh. Those other abilities actually are stronger in a sense—Coag gives you +12% healing received through passives, and is a stronger heal when you’re low (which is when burst heals are most important), while Resistant Flesh gives you some additional resistances. But Honor the Dead is so much cheaper because of the magicka restore. That’s a big advantage. I prefer that. That said, as I said, it’s a matter of opinion, and on a build that has no sustain issues at all then Coag or Resistant Flesh would be better.

When you mention the Warden, I assume you’re referring to Arctic Wind? I agree that’s a stacked ability that is better than Honor the Dead. But it’s pretty different in function—as a health-based heal—so I wasn’t thinking about it when I said Honor the Dead is the best burst heal. I do think Honor the Dead is better than any morph of Fungal Growth.