Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Has crown store been boring lately?

• TheDuke
    TheDuke
    ✭✭
    Could use a vampire lord polymorph ;)
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheDuke wrote: »

Personally i'm way more interested in this

The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Greymoor-3.jpg
    Edited by Silaf on January 14, 2021 10:53AM
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ever since the crown crates were added, the regular crown store has gone downhill as they try to funnel us to spend more by gambling. I won't buy crown crates for myself because I won't gamble for things I want and will probably not get to get a bunch of crap I don't want and wasted money. I would buy things straight from the crown store at a reasonable price. I've been waiting for more costumes and hair styles myself, those are horribly lacking. They underestimate the appeal of fluff items.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    I’d like to see items rotate more often... keep it interesting - not necessarily new items, but maybe always have a few throwback items that rotate as often as every couple of days or so. Give me a reason to keep looking into the store.

I thinks what makes it boring at times is that they want to give the store a theme based on current content. So it’s all Greymoor related or winter related.

ESO players love to customize and while some people are focused on hunting vampires I may be fishing in Shadowfen. If that’s what’s capturing my attention I have nothing to look forward to in the crown store.

Throw away the one theme crown content. The store should match the incredibly diverse experience of the game.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Costume or Amor fashion>
    Actually say, there're not much good fascinating costume out there. I saw many of Disney Princess
    looking dress. But I prefer TES5 Skyrim taste fashion. I've never seen those dress in the Skyrim.
    So I don't want to buy those things. There're some "sexy?" or skin exposed type of costume also.
    But I felt that is bad fashion design mostly, doesn't look like "badass!!" or "sexy".

<Mount>
    I dislike weird looking horse model of ESO. It looks like wooden toy horse took from
    merry-go-round. It should remodel, and make it more natural looking.

<house>
    I don't want huge castle or solitude taste gorgeous house. Just I want Skyrim DLC "hearth-fire"
    house in ESO.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    What I want:

- new hairstyles. It’s been said so many times, but we get one weird looking hair style per 3 months in crates. Either redesign the old ones or drop in some nice hairstyles. You can make armour any colour posssible with great detail, but half Tamriel runs around with the same hairstyle because other ones are ugly?
    - Items rotating more often, at least every 1-2 weeks. I have 100k crowns with literally NOTHING to spend them on. Current crates are just unbelievably lazy. Also give us some nice skins? The only decent one is Meridian, but at this point everybody has it. Pretty please :)
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDuke wrote: »

Yup would like something more like the Skyrim Vampire Lord. The scion looks horrendous and is far too big.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like some of the other things to be rotated. Seems they just repeat the same things, while other lto don't see the light of day for years. Many have been waiting on a house or costume, and with customer service new policy of not helping customers on an item they missed, we'll probably be waiting awhile, if we feel like buying it by then. New items are great too, but change up the old stuff too.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of repeats, and new, cool items are mostly in the crates/gem exclusives. The house guests are a nice addition, but they are limited by the fact that they are included in the special collectibles category, so they complete with mounts/pets for slots in a house. It'd be nice to get some more costumes, hair styles, and personalities. There's quite a few hairstyles in particular that already seen in NPCs, so it'd be easy to add them for playable characters. As for housing, more medium-sized homes, and new furnishing packs would be nice.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It has been boring for years. I can never buy what i want when i want because everything is limited time only. Also everything is overpriced, so i rarely buy things even when they are available unless i really really want them. They would make far more money off me, and my wife both actually, by:
    1) Making most stuff available most of the time
    2) Cutting the price in half of pretty much everything in the store or doubling the amount of crowns you get in every package.

The price point of items are to high for me( and i am by no means poor and have hundreds of dollars of expendable income per month) and i just get tired of waiting for things i would buy even at extortionate prices( which are only a few items) to become available. Overall by making a few changes, ZOS could get a several hundred dollars out of my household a year. Is that worth the couple of extra sales they might get from high priced and forced buying in limited time windows? Very unlikely.

Why unlikely? Because if you figure that it takes a year or more for content to cycle through the store if it does and the amount of time new players play, most people will never see those items as being available. LTOs actually reach a very small part of the players that buy this game.

If they had more stuff available in the store, it is also likely that newer players interested in store items might buy those items. Thus investing money in the game early on means they are more likely to stick with the game longer and thus more opportunity to hook more sales. Instead they see a very limited selection in the store and it is unlikely such a limited selection would hook them into more purchases.

Everything about how they market this game and items in it is wrong. ESO isnt doing well because of marketing, its doing well in spite of it. Its doings well because of TES franchise, lack of competition, and covid...not because marketing is bring people in and keeping them here.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is very little in the Jan CS that I find appealing. But what I find more worrisome is the lack of traffic on the crown store section of the forums, the PVP section and the housing section. Very little traffic on these sub forums.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    There is very little in the Jan CS that I find appealing. But what I find more worrisome is the lack of traffic on the crown store section of the forums, the PVP section and the housing section. Very little traffic on these sub forums.

And what’s interesting is that the marketing team seems oblivious....