Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has crown store been boring lately?

Starlight_Whisper
Starlight_Whisper
✭✭✭✭✭
Rehashing old items, reskins of not just mounts but costumes

Has crown store been boring lately? 167 votes

Yes
90% 151 votes
No
5% 9 votes
Other
4% 7 votes
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just lately, but overall since I joined in July 2019. IMHO, only the basic upgrades and hair/cosmetic packs while everything else should rotate regularly, not only one costume available for a few days, but the entire selection changing each month. What about costumes, hairstyles and emotes that were in crates years ago? More items need to regularly rotate through available for Crowns. And don’t even get me started on houses that have never been available since I started playing!

There have been some cool additions such as the NPC houseguests, but generally, there is no motivation to check the Crown store as for the most part, only the same things are only ever available.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One person's trash is another's treasure.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t see it as a trash or treasure issue (that might well be said of the few additional items that are available for a few days each month), but rather that sooner or later you’ll have all the items available from the Crown store that you like at all, and then, as a whole, it will be boring to you because who browses a store even of great items that they already own?
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 26, 2020 3:35PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    but generally, there is no motivation to check the Crown store as for the most part, only the same things are only ever available.

THIS

I joined around the same time you did, and I love playing the fashion scrolls endgame, but there's so little to play with now that I don't even feel like looking in the store. At least whenever something new like a new monster set or crate season comes out, the first thing I do on login in is to go preview the stuff.

But for the rest of the time? Nothing changes. Why bother looking if I have what I need already and nothing'll ever change?

I remember the showcase used to present the stuff that would be available on Thursdays, but we'd usually get some surprise returns on Mondays that I looked forward to seeing. Now we don't even get that. We get two or three things a week in the showcase, and that's it.

I feel like some of this would make bank too. Knowing the Elder Scrolls fanbase, people will instantly buy personalities or hairstyles whether they'll use them or not. We should 100% have more of those available. And people have been begging for things to be released. I know the Short Mussed Wave hairstyle is my big one, but there are a lot of people who want Velsa's hair, or those tail accessories we've seen, or even datamined stuff like the Barbarian costume. Heck, even return stuff that's been out of the store for ages like the Heroic Poet hairstyle. These are made, so why not release them?

It would be a way to make the store more exciting (and drive more people to browse...and therefore more likely to spend money) if they rotated things in frequently. Yeah, keep a few 'permanent' basic things like the Wedding and Noble outfits or the Alliance cosmetics, but then put everything else on rotation. If we expect something's going to leave at some point, we'll buy from FOMO (they understand this, but only apply it to a few things), meanwhile bring other things in and then we will have a reason to go in and browse. Bringing back two costumes in a new crate season may not excite as many people as swapping a bunch of things out every week or so.

But seriously, bring some more hairstyles in. Going through Vateshran is painful since all of the NPCs have crown store hairstyles, and all but one are unavailable.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, I wish they returned some costumes, there are other things than Naryu's outfit and Brassy Assassin personality, you know. Last few months they've been returning the most boring and old costume packs that can be easily recreated using basic motifs. Where's the Chef costume? Priest of the Green? Treethane Ceremonial Dress? Treethane’s Mosaic Jerkin? Off-the-Shoulder Evening Dress? Pirate Costume Pack? Come on! Anything.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    Very boring,
    There are way to many pets and mounts and dear god the useless consumables...
    Love the new houseguests and would like to see more unique items.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veya hair.
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    More furnishing packs would be nice. I am still waiting for the Lord Vivec Pack. The round bed is really cool.
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? Yes, the crown store has been terrible the past several months. There is really no reason to go on it that much anymore & it barely ever changes.

Lots of items have been the same since 2016 or so with some of the most requested items being retired & never returning. The crown store showcases are very predictable & nothing exciting seems to show up on them anymore. Even the monthly Arms Packs haven't been that good lately imo. I have a feeling December will just be more of the same with the Snowglobe house, Frostcaster motif, Iceheart Arms Pack, etc.

One of the most requested items are new hairstyles, which people have been pleading years for & we've never gotten. It's kind of mind boggling to me that some items like these (esp the Unruly Bangs hairstyle) have been datamined as far back as before Morrowind came out. We were lucky to even get 2 new hairstyles this year, which were both in Crown Crates. There are so many I want including Velsa's hair, short mussed wave (which shows up in countless promo screenshots), heroic poet, casual rascal, unruly bangs & mid-parted shoulder length.

Don't even get me started on Vateshran Hallows, as nearly every named NPC in there has a hairstyle we cannot use.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Some may call this junk."
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »

"Some may call this junk."

“This one also calls it junk. Sell at deep discount!”
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 26, 2020 3:40PM
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't found anything to motivate me since I got the Queen's Claw Senche-raht. It's unfortunate, but development cycles wax and wane as priorities shift. So I understand.
          In verity.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they released the barbaric beauty pack way back on Summerset assumed that was a sign that they would do an increasing amount of style packs. Like a Reachman Style Pack, or Elven Style Pack, Noble Style Pack or whatever. Since one time hairs had almost entirely vanished I had assumed that they were working on a different way to get players to spend more crowns. I actually quite liked this, the idea of spending on a special style pack for a new hair, tattoo, piercing etc seemed like a interesting addition to the crown store.

Well it's been 2 years and I was completely wrong. This would have been a great way to release the "veya hair" too.

So yeah, pretty disappointed. The crown store is all repeats, reskinned mounts/pets and a rare new outfit. I wish we had some new stuff and give us the hairs that the NPCs have!!!
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recycled things most of the time. I ve lost count how many times the skyrim costume returned to the crown store 😂
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one factor for me is that I've hit a kind of 'saturation point' with the things I mainly buy, which are pets, mounts and costumes. New ones aren't necessarily worse than the ones I've got, but they're not any better either and not different enough that I'd use them both. Why pay for effectively a duplicate of something I've already got?

But it also seems like there's a lot less being added, or even returning to the crown store, than there used to be. I'm sure we used to get a few new mounts and pets each month, now it's maybe 1 of each.

Having said that there have been some really nice things recently which I absolutely would buy...except they're in crown crates. I'm happy to pay for things I like but I want to know what it's going to cost me and what I'll get, not the chance to throw money away hoping I might eventually get lucky (or get enough duplicates of all the stuff I don't want at all that the trickle of compensation finally adds up to enough to buy it). No part of that process is enjoyable for me and it's something I really don't want to deal with, so I skip those items and end up not buying anything.

I suppose the good news for me is it's made the game far cheaper. I don't think I've bought crowns since last January and I still have a few thousand left over. But I can't imagine ZOS is happy about that.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance patch maybe. Or a performance connection might spark some interest :*
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Performance patch maybe. Or a performance connection might spark some interest :*

In crown store? P2W! :D
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some new Imperial and Wood Elf furnishing would be nice to see.... especially Imperial because it still irks me that Imperial furniture is recoloured Breton furniture.

I still buy plenty from the crown store... but mainly furnishings, rather than mounts or pets. Not enough new costumes or new hairstyles.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aw_crwn_costumes_shimmerenesoireegown_1x1-1d54ea26943d.jpg

What happened to this costume? My sleek, plump khajit needs this.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has always been boring. Except for when they added the assistants. Character slots are also nice, but my alts end up mothballed for the most part after reaching level 50.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn... would love this.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    Some new Imperial and Wood Elf furnishing would be nice to see.... especially Imperial because it still irks me that Imperial furniture is recoloured Breton furniture.

I still buy plenty from the crown store... but mainly furnishings, rather than mounts or pets. Not enough new costumes or new hairstyles.

Yeah it's like they don't have a designer anymore. We maybe get one new thing now.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not pay much attention to the crown store.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss:

- new long hairstyles
    - new exciting costumes
    - having hair color dye sold separately as a package, instead of appearance change token.

That being said, the above showed dress is a blast!! I want it <3:D All is forgiven xD
    Edited by maboleth on December 7, 2020 11:41PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since the introduction of crates it has been horribly bland and empty.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know they're datamines and aren't guaranteed, but there's loads of stuff that's also been found in the files that never made it live. Putting those things up, especially since a lot of them are highly requested, could also go a long way.

There's always desire for hairstyles, and one of the most popular that's been datamined (and even made it to PTS) is Short Mussed Wave. Icons have also been found for Assassin-Style Sunset Crest, Color Streaked River Braid, Fluttering Forehead Feathers, Mid Parted Shoulder Length, Portside Shave, and Warrior Topknots. And that's not even mentioning the NPC ones that haven't been found in the files yet like Velsa's hair.

There have even been a handful of datamined costumes, like the Shimmerene Soiree dress above and the Logger costume, but if we're lucky those were recently datamined so should be coming soon. But there are older things like the icon for a Barbarian costume, that never made it out of just being an icon.

Even other things, like the Bard personality that was datamined back with the Singing Skald costume, but hasn't seen the light of day yet.

I get why the group mount that was datamined didn't release - it had a serious bug that banned the rider's account. But I can't see what technical issues would come from offering us other things. It's weird that this entire forum is begging for certain things to be added, most of it exists in the files or has been available at one point, and ZOS's crown store team is all like "nah, we don't need their money that bad. Good work artists, but we're keeping this file on the shelf."

And that's to say nothing of the old stuff that never came back to the store... There's no reason to go and look since we don't expect things to show up anymore, so it's easy to save crowns. I guess there are a few whales that buy millions of crates and sustain the entire store, since putting everything in the crates and barely rotating the store proper doesn't seem the best way to make money. Heck, if the store is being supported solely by crate whales, at least start bringing the seasons out more often so there's more for them to whale, I guess...

...or, I don't know, release things in the store more often than three things a month? We're not even asking the art team to make new mounts every day, just to release some things that already exist in game! You realize that there are people that have joined the game and stopped playing, and some things that they might have bought were out of the store the whole time. Heck, there are some hairstyles that have been unavailable since 2017!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn... would love this.

My obese male Orc would also love this.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ShanebEU
    ShanebEU
    Soul Shriven
    I think it's ok to be honest. I like the 2 new skins for 100 gems each. As long as they keep adding cool skins, I dont mind it. Because I dont do trials to get the best ones so getting skins from another source is cool
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know why they're refusing to release more hairstyles and bring back old stuff. They have a lot of things that are already in game, it would've been free money for them.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • VikkiVonTraxx
    VikkiVonTraxx
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, was a boring year for crown store, daily reward and for the main dlc.. was naively hoping that was only due to the pandemic.. thinking that i finally just waitin for old houses and old crates for that **** year.. great error, total deception
    Edited by VikkiVonTraxx on December 22, 2020 2:09PM