The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pale Order Addon for healer - Is it possible?

lolo_01b16_ESO
lolo_01b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey,

as a main healer one thing that started to annoy me are people who use the pale order ring. If I see someone's hp drop too far, I'll focus my heals on them as a reflex, which can be a waste of a lot of magicka when that person wears the pale order ring (or can't be healed for any other reason).

Now my question: Is it possible to alter the HP bars of people that can't be healed in some way? I know it's possible to change hp bars in different ways, but is there a way to detect people who can't be healed?
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol I literally just posted about this exact same thing in the general category... Good to see that I'm not alone in feeling that my reflexes are being messed with. Someone suggested that the teammate who is wearing the ring should have a different colored health bar. It's ridiculous that something like that wasn't implemented before the ring went live.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the person is in your group, there might be a way to get the API to check that, even if after some heals fail. Maybe some check that you used heals, HP didn't move, or something. Not sure if there is, currently, a direct way to do that.

But honestly, is that really a problem?

I've been in many, many groups recently, and I often check my logs. I don't think I've seen a single PO user by queuing for vet PUG dungeons.

I'm assuming you mean PUGs because you wouldn't really need an addon for pre-formed groups.

If this is for PvP, ignore my post. Not my area of expertise.
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »
    If the person is in your group, there might be a way to get the API to check that, even if after some heals fail. Maybe some check that you used heals, HP didn't move, or something. Not sure if there is, currently, a direct way to do that.

I've been in many, many groups recently, and I often check my logs. I don't think I've seen a single PO user by queuing for vet PUG dungeons.

I'm assuming you mean PUGs because you wouldn't really need an addon for pre-formed groups.

I queued with a person on my friend's list today who had the ring on. They know that I'm a competent healer, but kept the ring on. Needless to say it was a terrible experience.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hexnotic wrote: »

I queued with a person on my friend's list today who had the ring on. They know that I'm a competent healer, but kept the ring on. Needless to say it was a terrible experience.

Sorry, maybe I was not clear: I meant if this was really a widespread problem. As in happens constantly.

Not trying to shut you all down. I'm actually starting to get into add-on dev for ESO, but am lacking some ideas.

I'd love to work on something simple that solved a real issue, so this picked my interest. Just not sure this is a problem that happens enough to warrant the time to make an addon (but can be convinced otherwise).
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, maybe I was not clear: I meant if this was really a widespread problem. As in happens constantly.

Not trying to shut you all down. I'm actually starting to get into add-on dev for ESO, but am lacking some ideas.

I'd love to work on something simple that solved a real issue, so this picked my interest. Just not sure this is a problem that happens enough to warrant the time to make an addon (but can be convinced otherwise).

I see your point! I think that dedicated healer mains would appreciate an add on like this, but I'm not sure if the number of healer mains is low at this point. The game highly favors dps, so if you're looking for something that will get lots of downloads you may want to invest your time into developing an add on that isn't so niche. The forum has a poll feature as well if we really wanted to know people's opinions on the matter, but it seems that only a small percentage of players actually post here.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is it is unlikely an addon will be able to detect what gear we wear. Zos has remained firm on not allowing inspection of gear and this would fall into that bucket.

Further, we used to be able to see all resource levels of at least group members when Zos first started testing addons (beta). This was one of the areas Zos closed off from the API.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see your point! I think that dedicated healer mains would appreciate an add on like this, but I'm not sure if the number of healer mains is low at this point. The game highly favors dps, so if you're looking for something that will get lots of downloads you may want to invest your time into developing an add on that isn't so niche. The forum has a poll feature as well if we really wanted to know people's opinions on the matter, but it seems that only a small percentage of players actually post here.

Not really looking for many downloads or anything, mostly an interesting problem.

I started on my vacation today. I'll be playing more and exploring more of the add-on dev side for the next few weeks.

I'll take a look into this. If it is easy, maybe I can do it.

Not promising anything since I've only really peeked at the addon stuff. But who knows? It is winter, weather is bad, we have a pandemic and I have nothing to do for 1 month. Maybe I can put something together before getting back to work.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The simplest solution that would also work for console players is the idea of a different color health bar whenever another player cannot be healed by anyone.

This should really be fixed by ZOS since it is a problem they created and not depend on the add-on community to fix and leave console players to fend for themselves once again. (Coughs duration of skills on both bars and ability to quickly change out sets and skills)

Be safe and have fun :)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know it's not a widespread issue. And to be honest I hope it will never become one ;)
    But it still bothered me and I thought it's something that maybe could be conveniently be solved by an addon, if the api allows it.
    The main situation where I noticed it was in raids with other people than my core raid group. And while I the issue could certainly be solved without a specific addon, I thought an addon could be nice, so I don't have to remember to ask if anyone is using the ring at any boss whenever I join a group.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be interested in that addon. I can think of 2 ways to go about it. Look to see if heals from others hit the player or see if the player is getting heals on skills that shouldn't heal. Both should be visible in the api.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way this could work properly is to have all grouped users use the same addon, which then would be ale to check the equip and share small information like group unitTag and "1" or "0"(is wearing this ring) via MapPings via LibGroupSocket then e.g.

But without the users having installed and enabled this addon you could only check the outgoing heal (and here you cannot always know if you will hit this guy waering the ring, or not, as the API is not always telling you whom you have hit with your heals afaik) and via the event of changed ressources = health you could then filter if health is still decreasing or has increased. I guess this will fail to work properly and wouldn't be worth the effort to try and finetune such an addon.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked into it and, as others have already pointed out, it doesn't look like it can be done easily (at least not from my still limited experience with the API).

The most obvious solution would be to do the same that those Ultimate share addons do, but that would require everyone to use it. At that point it is better just to ask people in chat.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be very easy for an addon to detect ROTPO. Just look at the combat events and see if someone is getting Pale Order heals.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch