Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I Feel It's Safe to Say - Most people DON'T hate this game

• Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I dont hate this game, I hate the players, well not all the players, just the ones who seem to think this launch is somehow the "worse in gaming history", those who have amazingly seem to have had their memories wipe of every other MMO, ES (and hell these days even single games like Diablo, Sim City) launch ever.

There does seem to be a lot of selective memory loss going on.

literally every single MMO launch I have been a part of has been the worst except for Rift (which had its own share of problems too)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    I dont hate this game, I hate the players, well not all the players, just the ones who seem to think this launch is somehow the "worse in gaming history", those who have amazingly seem to have had their memories wipe of every other MMO, ES (and hell these days even single games like Diablo, Sim City) launch ever.

There does seem to be a lot of selective memory loss going on.

literally every single MMO launch I have been a part of has been the worst except for Rift (which had its own share of problems too)

Same.

As an example, I couldn't even play the Final Fantasy 14 for weeks after launch due to constant errors and server capacity issues. In SWTOR I remember having to wait in absurdly long queue times for hours and then pray I didn't lose connection else I would have to repeat the process all over.

This game's launch hasn't been perfect. But none of the problems have been so severe as to prevent me from playing the game and enjoying it. And that's not something I can say for many other launches I have participated in.

• Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate the game, just not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. If they added more features I would probably enjoy it more.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same.

As an example, I couldn't even play the Final Fantasy 14 for weeks after launch due to constant errors and server capacity issues. In SWTOR I remember having to wait in absurdly long queue times for hours and then pray I didn't lose connection else I would have to repeat the process all over.

This game's launch hasn't been perfect. But none of the problems have been so severe as to prevent me from playing the game and enjoying it. And that's not something I can say for many other launches I have participated in.

Pretty much this. Plus, I've not really seen anyone claim that bugs completely don't exist, nor anyone saying they shouldn't fix bugs. I think that's a strawman people are putting up in defense of their bashing the game, trying to say that those who support it are destroying it. Most people I've seen on the forums who post good things about the game, or people in game who say good things.. acknowledge there's stuff that needs to be fixed, but also realize that ZoS is working on stuff.

It's not like we've gotten no patches or fixes since launch (even though some people sure act like that's the case). For some people it may seem that way I suppose, since they're patching most the lower end content first..which is understandable as that's where most of the players still are. They can't fix everything at once, so they have to prioritize somewhere. Unfortunately that means the power levels, and folks with lots of playtime are probably gonna be stuck with the same bugs longer.

For me, this has been one of the smoothest launches. That doesn't mean it's completely bug free, or hasn't had it's own issues... but it is one of the few launches recently in which I could just hop on and play whenever I wanted to, without having to wait in a queue for an hour first, or wait for character creation to unlock. I, personally, have ran into very very few bugs, and the ones I have hit have not been progression blocking. On top of that they're giving small patches frequently.. not really much more I can ask for there, they're already actively fixing what's broken.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In their place? What? All you are doing in trolling a thread about a game you obviously hate with a passion. You havent put anyone in any place lol.

I told you my reasons why, I told you the class bugs, I even mention exploits in the combat. All you can do call me a troll.

Good day sir, Sit down and know your place. I SAID good day.

Which was answered already. If you dont like exploits dont pvp its that simple. If you are going to play this game you better stop with this entitlement attitude you have. Its a new game. There will be bugs. Grow up and come into the adult world where things arent always perfect. You have the choice to NOT pay for a game you do not enjoy.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    I was so upset when they released it. I had an open letter pleading with them to push the release back a few months with all the bugs fixed and a crime system.

Could you imagine how much better this game would have been and how much better ratings it would have received with a polished release and a justice system? housing? basic ES tenants? I know they are adding them later(TM) but if they had pushed it back a year with all these things we would have easily had a juggernaut here.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE this game and will be playing for years to come but having these things in would have done so so so so much for the game.

I agree with a lot that angry joe said but some of the things he said were simply wrong. (i can get enough money to buy a horse in like two hours, you can't buy any class any race for 20 bucks, he complains that you can solo to level 50 and if they HADN'T made it where you can solo to level 50 could you imagine the outcry? people are already complaining the game is too hard wait till they get to veteran ranks as a side note)

You're playing it now, which means you paid to play it now. Their decision to release it now, as opposed to later, is for the simple reason that we will pay for this as it is. If they continue to work on it, that's money lost - but if they release it, then they get to work on it with a money flow.

No one is ever going to release a perfectly functioning game. It would just cost too much. They have to balance available resources with a game-state acceptable enough to most players.

Anyways, the game is fun. It's immersive, great sound track, good acting, terrible grouping system and too many bots and gold spammers.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is right. There are some people that jump to defend the game and attack any negative comment, no matter how true it is. They seem to take any negative criticism of the game as a personal attack on them. The game has problems. Ignoring them does not change that fact. But, then, all MMO's have had their fair share of problems. Acknowledging the problems is the first step in fixing them.