Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I Feel It's Safe to Say - Most people DON'T hate this game

Ravinsild
Ravinsild
✭✭✭✭
What am I talking about? I'm talking about all the people posting reviews from Angry Joe, and Force and other publicly known figures that are giving this game criticism.

This is what I feel is the intent and the heart of the message most people are giving is: Look at these semi-famous people, look at the faults they are pointing out, WE LOVE THIS GAME, so PLEASE fix these issues! We want to keep loving this game and we want it to be a really stellar blockbuster game that will survive AND thrive for a long, long time!

So please, when you see someone make a post containing a review, or something of that nature, understand that most of the people doing this aren't out to attack you personally, smear the name of the game, or even hate on it. What they are actually doing is cries for help, that the developers will take notice of the issues being pointed out, fix them, and give us all a game we can love even more. We already love it, but wouldn't it be better if these issues were resolved?

I think so.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not hate it, until my passive breaks every time I die so now I can't pvp because my class has half broken skills and I have to relog even when I zone some times.

The longer this *** goes on, the more and more I'm hating it.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not hate it, until my passive breaks every time I die so now I can't pvp because my class has half broken skills and I have to relog even when I zone some times.

Are you a vampire and talking about the Dark Stalker passive?
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the game. Its just the vocal minority that want justification amongst others for their anger/dismay. And they put out bug patches every 2-3 days. What company does that?
    Edited by Ragnar_Lodbrok on April 22, 2014 5:38PM
  • anfmofo
    anfmofo
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt people who hate it would bother creating a forum account and posting, probably the wrong place to make that assumption.
  • Valco
    Valco
    ✭✭
    I fully agree with you OP!
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    anfmofo wrote: »
    I doubt people who hate it would bother creating a forum account and posting, probably the wrong place to make that assumption.

I feel like you are agreeing with me, but just to be clear I did say "don't" before "hate" in the title.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

You'd be surprised.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »

Yes, but it is not just that.

Cripple only works half the time.
    Dark Stalker also breaks concealed blade.
    Haste does not work with bows
    Leeching blade heals 2 percent instead of 4.
    Siphoning attacks some times does not effect spells
    Vampire passives seem to break
    I can mist form, and be healed by vampire bats.
    Drain power tends to only count one person in a group of three

Just a few.

• Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but it is not just that.

Cripple only works half the time.
    Dark Stalker also breaks concealed blade.
    Haste does not work with bows
    Leeching blade heals 2 percent instead of 4.
    Siphoning attacks some times does not effect spells
    Vampire passives seem to break
    I can mist form, and be healed by vampire bats.
    Drain power tends to only count one person in a group of three

Just a few.

Well at least we don't have 2h weapon Shaman running around one-shotting people with windfury, amiright?
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »

You'd be surprised.

From my experience I agree with Shimond. People who don't like the game tend to complain on forums more where as people who enjoy the game tend to just play it and ignore the haters more.

Where do I stand? I enjoy it and from past experiences know that you typically can't give an accurate review for a MMO until 6 months later after most launch bugs are squished and possibly see a small content update.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate is such a strong word.

There is nothing in the game I truly hate. There are things I don't like and things that annoy me ... mainly bugs, bots and farmers.

Actually ... that's a lie.

Sorcs that start losing a fight and teleport away.

I really hate those.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What am I talking about? I'm talking about all the people posting reviews from Angry Joe, and Force and other publicly known figures that are giving this game criticism.

This is what I feel is the intent and the heart of the message most people are giving is: Look at these semi-famous people, look at the faults they are pointing out, WE LOVE THIS GAME, so PLEASE fix these issues! We want to keep loving this game and we want it to be a really stellar blockbuster game that will survive AND thrive for a long, long time!

So please, when you see someone make a post containing a review, or something of that nature, understand that most of the people doing this aren't out to attack you personally, smear the name of the game, or even hate on it. What they are actually doing is cries for help, that the developers will take notice of the issues being pointed out, fix them, and give us all a game we can love even more. We already love it, but wouldn't it be better if these issues were resolved?

I think so.

I disagree. If you look at the past comments of most of the people who are flaming this forum youll see that they have very rude and depreciating comments like "this game will go f2p in a month" or "everyone will be gone in a week" or "game sucks". These arent comments by someone who loves the game and is crying for changes. These are the posts of people with personal problems with eso, and that is just....weird.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    I do love the game :-)
    I still want some changes and updates though to make it even better.
    Dark brotherhood and thieves' guild for example.
    More possibilities for group content (pvp scenario's? ) and an alternative way to level veyeran ranks.

Other than that I love the story, immersion and setting!
    Oh and don't forget the ingame books, love those.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These so-called reviews being posted on the forums today do seem to go out of their way to hate on this game.

Because a lot of criticisms are just absurd. Like attacking the game because you have to walk on it. Or that every single quest doesn't have some epic climatic conclusion. Or that you actually have to pay money to get the game.

Silly stuff like this really takes away from their legitimate complaints.

• stylernaku
    stylernaku
    ✭✭✭

Um what, WHAT???? Are you kiding. That's EXACTLY what they have done. You must be kidding!
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    We already love it, but wouldn't it be better if these issues were resolved?

I think so.

The thing is, many of those "issues" you want fixed aren't issues for a lot of people that play ESO, they are enhancements.

Here's the thing. A game is what the developer makes it. You then decided if it's the game for you or not. You can either take the risk and drop some coin to find out for yourself, or you can watch videos and read reviews. Either way, the game is either a game you like and enjoy so you play it, or it's a game you don't like and enjoy so you don't play it.

What I'm seeing as a player that likes ESO is people saying, "I don't really like ESO as it is, but if they turn it into WoW or this other MMO I like, then I would like it. So please change it to the game so that it is just like all the other games.

Personally, I disagreed with every single thing Angry Joe said. Well I only made it about a quarter of the way through and closed it because it was obvious by then that we had completely different opinions.

I hope ESO sticks to their guns long enough to see if the game is financially viable as it is before they cave in and turn it into yet another WoW clone.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for the freemonthers and locusts to move to the next game. It's the same with every game that comes out, unfortunately

Too many people with more bandwidth than neurons
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think so.

I disagree. If you look at the past comments of most of the people who are flaming this forum youll see that they have very rude and depreciating comments like "this game will go f2p in a month" or "everyone will be gone in a week" or "game sucks". These arent comments by someone who loves the game and is crying for changes. These are the posts of people with personal problems with eso, and that is just....weird.

Yep, this pretty much. People who flame games and develop 'hatred' are usually just hiding more serious and deep problems
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    35:26

http://youtu.be/Ov3B26h12C4?t=35m26s

This is the telling part. Honestly.
    Especially considering he gave GW2 a 10/10. I was there at launch, and finished the game fairly fast. Spent more than $80 during the time I was playing it, and dealt with bugs in dungeons, quests, and world events. Game systems were missing, and the grind was obvious.

ESO isn't bad, but it is being held up to some non-existant standard of MMORPGs and TES Games.

Compared to other MMORPGs - launches, stability, playability, and overall offering of services... it rates highly. at least a 7/10.

Compared to other TES games - bug filled, character customization, story line, sidequests... it is probably a "7/10" With Morrowind/Skyrim being the 10/10.

The game isn't bad.

For an MMORPG fan like me, I find it to be very well done and worth my money/time.

For an Elder Scrolls fan like me, I find it acceptable. Something I would have played as a single-player TES game, but not something I would rant as the best in the series.
    Edited by liquid_wolf on April 22, 2014 7:21PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35:26

http://youtu.be/Ov3B26h12C4?t=35m26s

This is the telling part. Honestly.
    Especially considering he gave GW2 a 10/10 and I was there at launch, and finished the game fairly fast. Spent more than $80 during the time I was playing it, and dealt with bugs in dungeons, quests, and world events.

The game isn't bad, but it is being held up to some non-existant standard of MMORPGs and TES Games.

Compared to other MMORPGs - launches, stability, playability, and overall offering of services... it rates highly. at least a 7/10.

Compared to other TES games - bug filled, character customization, story line, sidequests... it is probably a "7/10" With Morrowind/Skyrim being the 10/10.

The game isn't bad.

For an MMORPG fan like me, I find it to be very well done and worth my money/time.

For an Elder Scrolls fan like me, I find it acceptable. Something I would have played as a single-player TES game, but not something I would rant as the best in the series.

morrowind, oblivion, and ESPECIALLY Skyrim were far buggier, still are far buggier than ESO
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so upset when they released it. I had an open letter pleading with them to push the release back a few months with all the bugs fixed and a crime system.

Could you imagine how much better this game would have been and how much better ratings it would have received with a polished release and a justice system? housing? basic ES tenants? I know they are adding them later(TM) but if they had pushed it back a year with all these things we would have easily had a juggernaut here.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE this game and will be playing for years to come but having these things in would have done so so so so much for the game.

I agree with a lot that angry joe said but some of the things he said were simply wrong. (i can get enough money to buy a horse in like two hours, you can't buy any class any race for 20 bucks, he complains that you can solo to level 50 and if they HADN'T made it where you can solo to level 50 could you imagine the outcry? people are already complaining the game is too hard wait till they get to veteran ranks as a side note)
  • Faolanhart
    Faolanhart
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the only issues I have with the game beyond the obvious bugs is the grouping/phasing system. I have much more time to play the game than my friends do & as it stands I’m in the final area of the game & they are still on the first. I’d like to play with them when they get online, even if it means I get nerfed when grouping with low level players. Kind of like a reverse of how the PVP boost works.

But with the character creation, the combat, the character building & skill freedom, the brilliant crafting system & even the PVP which I have never liked or been interested in in any MMO I find that the issues I have with it whilst bad are minor compared to the things I love about it.

Add that to what is arguably the best part of the game for an Elder Scrolls fan, seeing the areas & cultures that we have never really experienced before such as the Argonian homeland of Black Marsh & the Khajiiti homeland of Elsewhere & I find it hard to be mad at it.

Honestly as much as I think Angry Joe is great, probably one of the most genuine & trustworthy game reviewers out there, the video we’re talking about just seemed angry to me.
    Yes he brought up some good points, bugs are bad, we know this. Grouping is awful, especially for an MMO, yes.
    But then we get to things like the horse & lack of gold.
    I got the Imperial Edition but the only time I ever used that horse was in PVP & I didn’t play PVP much during the early levels. The good horses are expensive yes & that probably was a ploy to get people to buy the Imperial Edition or that overpriced horse in the store.
    But those horses kind of suck & you’ll find that walking isn’t much slower unless you waste cash on upgrading the inferior horses.
    Money wasn’t an issue for me; I’m a crafter in the game & in a few guilds now.
    Because I have Auto-Loot on I never noticed how little gold you get from kills.
    But considering the only thing you’ll spend your money on, or rather should spend your money on are bank/bag upgrades, horses, the odd motif & repairs you’ll get to the point where money isn’t an issue.

Let us not forget that Angry Joe has a habit of hyping things up big time *points to the Why Aliens Colonial Marines Will Kick Ass video*
    So maybe he went into the game with muuuuuuuch higher expectations than I had.
    I have never been able to get into & enjoy an MMO as much as I did when I first played one, so I had low expectations & I was pleasantly surprised with this.
    Joe was probably one of those people expecting Skyrim with co-op, which just wasn’t going to happen.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's safe to say that the reviews that people keep posting aren't coming from folks who hate the game.. but I don't harbor the same feelings towards the people who post the reviews.

While the reviewers do seem to be saying "Hey, ZoS, fix this!".. in their own style of course... the people posting said reviews on the forum are trying to use them as a scare tactic, or a reason why the game is going to go F2P or whatever. They seem to be trying to actively get people to stop subbing for whatever reason. As far as I can gather most of it is "I don't find this game fun, so you shouldn't either"... the reasons they don't find the game fun vary from game hindering bugs they got hit with, to features they think absolutely need to be added.. but the message always seems to be a call to arms for people to speak with their money and not sub.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    I was so upset when they released it. I had an open letter pleading with them to push the release back a few months with all the bugs fixed and a crime system.

Could you imagine how much better this game would have been and how much better ratings it would have received with a polished release and a justice system? housing? basic ES tenants? I know they are adding them later(TM) but if they had pushed it back a year with all these things we would have easily had a juggernaut here.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE this game and will be playing for years to come but having these things in would have done so so so so much for the game.

I agree with a lot that angry joe said but some of the things he said were simply wrong. (i can get enough money to buy a horse in like two hours, you can't buy any class any race for 20 bucks, he complains that you can solo to level 50 and if they HADN'T made it where you can solo to level 50 could you imagine the outcry? people are already complaining the game is too hard wait till they get to veteran ranks as a side note)

I am not saying that you are wrong, but you honestly believe, with the hate this game has gathered along the years, the welcome would have been different?

Nah
  • deathly809_ESO
    deathly809_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love the game. Its just the vocal minority that want justification amongst others for their anger/dismay. And they put out bug patches every 2-3 days. What company does that?

A company that wants to fix the bugs?
  • BKTHNDR
    BKTHNDR
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people under the impression that the dev team isn't working on fixing bugs? The game has been out less than a month and bug fixes don't occur with the snap of a finger. What we're dealing with is a massive game world that houses millions of players at a time, where various systems interact. Fixing one thing might break another.

The "OMG I don't understand why this isn't fixed!!1111!" comments are an indication that there are people out there that don't understand how complicated these matters are.
  • Squints
    Squints
    Loving something and being critical not a mutually exclusive concept. If you love the game, don't you want the problems to be fixed? If you are just trying the white wash the broken game and attack those who voice their opinions, aren't you just hurting the game in the long run (especially when the decenters show actual proof the parts of the game that is broken and in alot of cases game breaking.)
    Edited by Squints on April 22, 2014 8:17PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game rocks. Some minor bugs are no big deal. 1000s and 1000s of people playing it having the time of their lives. Forums are always flooded with bitter angry people who insist that because 5 or 6 people have a problem then everyone should drop what they are doing and focus on them. I call em the entitlement generation of mmo gamer. Everything must be handed to them or they get upset.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game rocks. Some minor bugs are no big deal. 1000s and 1000s of people playing it having the time of their lives. Forums are always flooded with bitter angry people who insist that because 5 or 6 people have a problem then everyone should drop what they are doing and focus on them. I call em the entitlement generation of mmo gamer. Everything must be handed to them or they get upset.

Minor bugs? What?
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Just wait for the freemonthers and locusts to move to the next game. It's the same with every game that comes out, unfortunately

Too many people with more bandwidth than neurons

You are more right than you know. This is the same as every mmo that comes out. We all know how this ends up.

When you start getting all personally upset when someone points out a flaw in a game, you should probably stay away from the forums. You've lose your perspective entirely at that point.

If anything the attitudes in this thread were very harmful to ESO as it probably got in the way of much needed feedback.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 22, 2014 8:14PM