Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I Feel It's Safe to Say - Most people DON'T hate this game

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKTHNDR wrote: »
    Why are people under the impression that the dev team isn't working on fixing bugs? The game has been out less than a month and bug fixes don't occur with the snap of a finger. What we're dealing with is a massive game world that houses millions of players at a time, where various systems interact. Fixing one thing might break another.

The "OMG I don't understand why this isn't fixed!!1111!" comments are an indication that there are people out there that don't understand how complicated these matters are.

Completely agree. People are expecting too much in this regard.

Programmers are not perfect. It's just not reality to expect them to be able to predict all of these bugs before they occur. And opening up your game to such a vast amount of different users is likely to create all kinds of unforeseen consequences. And it takes time to observe the code and pinpoint the problems. It's not as easy to fix these things as some people think.

And from my standpoint, they have been fixing them. I've encountered two bugged quests so far, and they have fixed both of them. And my helmet hasn't vanished on me again, so hopefully they have fixed that one as well.

So they are working on fixing them. If they were showing no initiative I could understand the harshness of the criticism. But clearly they are.

All games have bugs. Especially one as complex as this one with so many different systems involved. If you find bugs intolerable, my best advice would be not to play new games.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 22, 2014 8:15PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game rocks. Some minor bugs are no big deal. 1000s and 1000s of people playing it having the time of their lives. Forums are always flooded with bitter angry people who insist that because 5 or 6 people have a problem then everyone should drop what they are doing and focus on them. I call em the entitlement generation of mmo gamer. Everything must be handed to them or they get upset.

Minor bugs? What?

Ive had a couple quests that were bugged (since fixed with patches) thats it. One time I got stuck under some stairs. Big whoop.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people , dont hate this game , i totally agree with that , but that is not enough really.

The real question is "Will enough people like this game to a point they would pay the sub/month?".

You can ignore most of both sides , people saying the game is awesome and all will be fine , because this one game is better and special , are in every forum , still the game goes F2P (happens all the time , nobody can deny it) , just like people saying the game is doomed.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course not. It is a great game with teething problems. People are just frustrated.

But, that frustration will turn to hate if things are not fixed.

So far, I have no reason to think they won't be fixed. Currently I would say the biggest issues are the bots in the solo dungeons. I'm not sure about the bank problems as I myself have been alright. Some bugged quests. Give it time and all the people that moan because it's not a pretty version of wow will be gone/converted. Overall I think it has been a good launch and the game will go from strength to strength. You wouldn't think it reading these boards though.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So please, when you see someone make a post containing a review, or something of that nature, understand that most of the people doing this aren't out to attack you personally, smear the name of the game, or even hate on it. What they are actually doing is cries for help, that the developers will take notice of the issues being pointed out, fix them, and give us all a game we can love even more. We already love it, but wouldn't it be better if these issues were resolved?

You need to understand one thing. Those Streamers don't give a damn about you and other fans. They stream to make money and they will do whatever is necessary to get more viewers.

Athene is the most famous for that, when he had that girl showing her precious in every video. Athene wouldn't be where he is today, without her 2 arguments.

There are people on YT who gave TESO a real and honest review, they might not have a few hundred K of viewers, but their videos speak a totally different language than those you mentioned.

If games are tailored to those whining streamers, then all hope is lost. A good example is Blizzard, they always listen to the streamers and their games are not as good anymore as they were before.
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    I agree most don't *hate* it (including Angry Joe) but I would say that most don't *love* it either.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    loudent wrote: »
    I agree most don't *hate* it (including Angry Joe) but I would say that most don't *love* it either.

How do you know what "most" think? If you base it on this forum you know about 90% of the players do not use these forums right? I know most everyone I talk to in the game loves it. When I mention the forums everyone talks about how forums are full of miserable people who want to think everyone is miserable like them. If I didnt love the game Id uninstall it.
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love the game, but like the reviewers the OP mentioned there is a lot of things that frustrate the crap out of me as I play because we feel that many of the issues going on now should have been dealt with in Beta. These are things we want to see changed or fixed quickly, as most of us do I am sure.

We do not want to see the game fall into the void of FTP games, but at the same time we are exceptionally concerned about the current state the game is in and where it is going.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive had a couple quests that were bugged (since fixed with patches) thats it. One time I got stuck under some stairs. Big whoop.

Every time I die, I lose my stealth speed bonus forcing me to relog. Making PVP a chore.

A good chunk of My skills don't work like tool tips say or just flat out work half the time.

Big whoop? Or how about players who can cancel animation in pvp? They set up a macro so they can spam the long animation skills fast by using bash to cancel animation?

This game is filled with crap.

• Athise
    Athise
    Your right,
    I just Hate some random company that destroyed a perfect mmo concept.
    TES was the last game with a decent background lore and had the potential to finally change the mmo market.(imo)
    It could've been a great mmo but instead we get this ...

The game is just dissapointing but i don't hate it because with some major changes this game can get back on track, but that would take around a year before i would be satisfied.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Every time I die, I lose my stealth speed bonus forcing me to relog. Making PVP a chore.

A good chunk of My skills don't work like tool tips say or just flat out work half the time.

Big whoop? Or how about players who can cancel animation in pvp? They set up a macro so they can spam the long animation skills fast by using bash to cancel animation?

Luckily there is this whole other part of the game called PVE to do in the meantime. The pvp stuff what do you expect. Every game has cheats in pvp.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Programmers are not perfect.

I have to disagree with this; I am a Software Engineer by trade and according to my wife I am perfect.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Luckily there is this whole other part of the game called PVE to do in the meantime. The pvp stuff what do you expect. Every game has cheats in pvp.

Your post is borderline absurd.

It is the devs JOB to make sure there no cheats in the PvP , it is also their JOB to make sure the skills... work properly.

If you want to remain quiet and dont complain , that is your choice , but stop saying things like that , makes you sound ... well saying it here would make me go against the forum policies.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on April 22, 2014 9:19PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My skills even break when I zone.

Not only that but the bash "Exploit" also makes people do insane damage breaking some pve content.

So yes this game is buggy.
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on April 22, 2014 10:35PM
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of us love this game and want it to succeed, some of you simply like it, while some of you are disappointed because it wasn't...something. Nobody ever explains why exactly it isn't "Elder Scrolls" enough, or whatever that means, or how it didn't change the MMO genre in some fancy, radical new way (Suggestions? Any ideas of your own that aren't awful?)

However I'll now speak for myself. I love this game. I really, really do. Are they working on bugs? Yes. The night before Monday's patch I had 4 bugged quests, some of them were quite literally progress blockers because without them I couldn't finish certain quests to get the quest to go to Coldharbour on my second character (I have a veteran Rank 2 character as well as this V1) so I got through Coldharbour and the bugged quests that were broken on my first character (like the guy on the pirate ship you gotta help) were fixed.

However it seems they are ONLY fixing quest bugs right now, which is nice (YES!!), but in some cases not enough. How is it not enough? Well for instance: There's the entire werewolf tree which I've read is a nightmare and a huge disappointment with most of the skills not functioning, exploitable, or bugged.

There's the Vampire tree where certain skills break, and I've run into bugs where spamming my R button while it is swirling and lit up (usable) does nothing. But I can use all my other actions just fine...Why doesn't my ultimate work?

Half the Nightblade skills seem to be broken, and in general there seem to be many skill lines that are just gimped.

So they're fixing bugs, YES, they are. But they're only fixing certain bugs. For instance: The quest crowd are happy, all their bugs are fixed...but how about the Bank crowd? Have they gotten their slots back? Have they gotten their items back?

What about the duplication exploit? Is that fixed?

What about the skill lines and skill trees that simply don't work, or have useless passives? Just how does crit work anyway? According to my Nightblade's passives I should have way more crit than I do if it works the way I think it does...and what does "haste" do? Should I auto attack (swing my weapons) faster? Or does it affect my proc rate? (For weapon enchants?) What does it DO exactly? I couldn't notice a difference.

So bugs are being fixed, and often to my satisfaction, but there's still a lot of work to do.

My biggest fear is these issues won't get resolved fast enough and I'll be playing in a ghost-land game with no one else and the game will curl up and die. They'll shut down the servers or make it free to play with little to no content patches or updates. No WoW model of patch #.# then #.1 then #.2 then #.3 etc..then Expansion.

It will just sit there, what we have is what we get, nothing new coming, ever and the game will be dead, and forgotten.

I'm tired of WoW and I don't want to play WoW. I don't want this game to die and force me back into WoW which is the only MMO I've sustainably played. I tried Tera, AION, City of Heroes, Guild Wars 1, and many more...but I always came back to WoW. I want THIS to be the new WoW in a certain way and that way is sustainably fun, long lasting and high quality. NOT the features WoW has..but another MMO that can last 10 years and be world wide known.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your post is borderline absurd.

It is the devs JOB to make sure there no cheats in the PvP , it is also their JOB to make sure the skills... work properly.

If you want to remain quiet and dont complain , that is your choice , but stop saying things like that , makes you sound ... well saying it here would make me go against the forum policies.

They are working on it but you have to expect that kind of thing in PVP. I am being reasonable. You are being unreasonable. I would suggest taking a break coming back in a couple years most of this stuff will be worked out by then. They havent even billed anyone yet and you expect perfection.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My skills even break when I zone.

Not only that but the bash "Exploit" also makes people do insane damage breaking some pve content.

So yes this game is buggy.

Noone has a gun to your head. Dont like it uninstall it.
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on April 22, 2014 10:41PM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Laura wrote: »
    I was so upset when they released it. I had an open letter pleading with them to push the release back a few months with all the bugs fixed and a crime system.

Could you imagine how much better this game would have been and how much better ratings it would have received with a polished release and a justice system? housing? basic ES tenants? I know they are adding them later(TM) but if they had pushed it back a year with all these things we would have easily had a juggernaut here.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE this game and will be playing for years to come but having these things in would have done so so so so much for the game.

I agree with a lot that angry joe said but some of the things he said were simply wrong. (i can get enough money to buy a horse in like two hours, you can't buy any class any race for 20 bucks, he complains that you can solo to level 50 and if they HADN'T made it where you can solo to level 50 could you imagine the outcry? people are already complaining the game is too hard wait till they get to veteran ranks as a side note)

I am not saying that you are wrong, but you honestly believe, with the hate this game has gathered along the years, the welcome would have been different?

Nah

with less bugs better communication and more elder scrolls tenants? uhhh yeah. isn't that what 90%+ of the complaints are coming from? the rest being the subscription model (which I'm hugely in favor of if they do it right)
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that is the answer for all the problems. This game will be on a faster track to F2p as it already is.

They have until june 3rd before another huge mmo comes out. If they want to keep the numbers they have now is the time.

The first month can make or break a mmo.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If that is the answer for all the problems. This game will be on a faster track to F2p as it already is.

They have until june 3rd before another huge mmo comes out. If they want to keep the numbers they have now is the time.

The first month can make or break a mmo.

People play this because its ESO not because its the latest MMO. You guys will prob be at the next MMO going on and on about doom and gloom. Meanwhile there are 10000 times as many people happily playing the game. So sorry if I dont buy into your doom theories. If you dont like the game why are you here?
  • Terroni
    Terroni
    One time I heard a statement to the effect "I don't care enough about it to hate it" and I would think that is really true in this instance.

People like me want to like the game, but it tries really hard to make me not like it. The people that are indifferent have already left for something they would enjoy more, and the people that like are obviously doing what they like.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    I dont hate this game, I hate the players, well not all the players, just the ones who seem to think this launch is somehow the "worse in gaming history", those who have amazingly seem to have had their memories wipe of every other MMO, ES (and hell these days even single games like Diablo, Sim City) launch ever.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Programmers are not perfect.

I have to disagree with this; I am a Software Engineer by trade and according to my wife I am perfect.

I guess perfection is in the eye of the beholder :)
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People play this because its ESO not because its the latest MMO. You guys will prob be at the next MMO going on and on about doom and gloom. Meanwhile there are 10000 times as many people happily playing the game. So sorry if I dont buy into your doom theories. If you dont like the game why are you here?

You act like you know it all, I'm here because I'm giving the game a chance to fix its bugs.

Right now? It is a POS game that can't even get classes right, or the core combat. It could change.

Until that time, you get to enjoy me putting you, and anyone who praises this game by saying it hardly have any bugs in their place.
  • Jake71887
    Jake71887
    ✭✭✭
    You act like you know it all, I'm here because I'm giving the game a chance to fix its bugs.

Right now? It is a POS game that can't even get classes right, or the core combat. It could change.

Until that time, you get to enjoy me putting you, and anyone who praises this game by saying it hardly have any bugs in their place.

What's wrong with the classes?

• reignfyre
    reignfyre
    ✭✭✭
    I have no clue who those guys are, but who cares? If you like the game does it even matter if MOST people don't?

Stop riding the bandwagon, do what you like, and don't worry what other people think. Did you even GO to middle school?
  • Ziz
    Ziz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is getting worse by the day. It's sad
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In their place? What? All you are doing in trolling a thread about a game you obviously hate with a passion. You havent put anyone in any place lol.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In their place? What? All you are doing in trolling a thread about a game you obviously hate with a passion. You havent put anyone in any place lol.

I told you my reasons why, I told you the class bugs, I even mention exploits in the combat. All you can do call me a troll.

Good day sir, Sit down and know your place. I SAID good day.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont hate this game, I hate the players, well not all the players, just the ones who seem to think this launch is somehow the "worse in gaming history", those who have amazingly seem to have had their memories wipe of every other MMO, ES (and hell these days even single games like Diablo, Sim City) launch ever.

There does seem to be a lot of selective memory loss going on.