The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deconstructing reconstructed items does NOT return all upgrade mats

• Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    Xebov wrote: »
    Ascarl wrote: »
    I fully agree that right now reconstructing jewelry is too expensive right now that there will be only niche uses like creating a second ring.
    Nobody except Sheogorath would consider destructing and reconstructing jewelry to be an option right now.

Thats not entirely true. Reconstruction always creates an item in the lowest quality it can drop in without requiring upgrade materials. Which means if you have hoarded blue dungeon jewelry, or purple perfected jewelry you can just decon it and recreate it later with only costing transmute crystals.

Besides that gear changes are usually are every 3 months or in even bigger time frames. Do you realy want to tell me ppl are unable to gather the materials for a jewelry gold upgrad ein 3+ months?

Actually I have upgrade a single item to gold yet and have chrome platings for one more item and I am close to the third. And I did a lot of crafting writs so far. This took way longer than 3 month.

I do crafting writs every day and according to my ATT i sold 19 Chromium Platings in the last 30 days. That doesnt even count in gold i made along the way that i could use to buy some. Im with everyone that Jewelry upgrades are to expansive overall, but i dont believe if ppl tell me its impossible for them to gather some materials in 3 months when i clearly know its easily doable.
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Can not deconstruct a reconstructed Mythic (malacath's band of brutality) - Any official response?