Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NONSENSE: ally-targeted abilities will only apply to those in your group - THEN ESO NO LONGER AN MMO

Dyngrin
Dyngrin
✭✭✭
Are you kidding me? This change:

"ally-targeted abilities will only apply to those in your group"

Is FORCED grouping, especially for healers since you wouldn't be able to heal others if not grouped (I play as a support Templar). If I just wanted to play with up to 12 folks, the game wouldn't need to be an MMO (M as in Massively), and certainly wouldn't be ESO with this change. Even worse, this change doesn't even help significantly with lag in Cyro.

[snip]

--One Angry Customer

[Edited for Bashing]
Edited by Psiion on November 6, 2020 9:08PM
Grand Overlord Dyngrin, Templar, Daggerfall Covenant (PC/NA)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The term MMO has absolutely nothing to do with group size. There could be zero grouping and the game would still be an MMO.

And cross healing and group size in Cyrodil has been a problem for some time now. This is a huge boon to solo players who can now reliably expect their healing abilities to target them rather than a random ally. And if anything, this is going to push more players to grouping, which is a good thing because coordination a team provides is far better for combat than the scatter mess of players who are running around failing to take and defend keeps unless 100 of them get together.
  • ShortTripToHell
    ShortTripToHell
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for ruining my fun ZOS. How nice that you kill the one stress relieve we have during awesome times.

regards,

One extra angry customer
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change is great because it calls for actual interaction between players, some planning and overall more skilled gameplay.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am sory i have to disagree with you, but, its a Good change, infact it is not strong enou8gh and needs to be Much less ability to help our friends and i am only saying this from a pvp perspective. NOT refering to pve.
    the fight against these constant cc spamming groups is just Way out of control and Way too much. the zergs and groups in pvp need to be removed from eso for not only the problems and game braking they cause but also the Horrible Ping and repulsive lagg they cause.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    This change is great because it calls for actual interaction between players, some planning and overall more skilled gameplay.

How exactly does forced grouping with random players make for "more skilled gameplay"?
    confused24.gif

• nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

How exactly does forced grouping with random players make for "more skilled gameplay"?
    confused24.gif

Did I say anything about grouping with randoms? People should join/make organized groups. PUGs are inefficient, a lot of players don't even bring siege weapons or skills that benefit the group, they just mindlessly follow the crown and provide easy AP for anyone willing to gain them.

So called "solo healers" have an opportunity to fill a niche now, as you can no longer spam Radiating Regen and leech AP. PUGs will rely on skilled healers more than ever, provided a group leader isn't a complete moron.

If you're a solo player it doesn't affect you in any way.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... as you can no longer spam Radiating Regen and leech AP ...

I was waiting for you to say that, thanks. I have no further questions for you.
    bye1.gif
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making skills only effect your groups sucks in PVP and PVE.

• Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a terrible idea. Forcing people into groups in order to interact with allies.

Can't get into a group no matter how many times you put Lfg in chat? Tough ***. If you're new to pvp might as well turn round and just leave cyrodiil.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a terrible idea. Forcing people into groups in order to interact with allies.

Can't get into a group no matter how many times you put Lfg in chat? Tough ***. If you're new to pvp might as well turn round and just leave cyrodiil.

I understand your frustration, but the easy solution is for one of the lfg spammers to simply start a group and pick up all the other lfg's.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand your frustration, but the easy solution is for one of the lfg spammers to simply start a group and pick up all the other lfg's.

This won't ever happen because, from my experience, a lot of players show zero initiative and expect to be served.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change just makes organized groups stronger vs. randoms, which is precisely the opposite of what people claim to want.

That it's being made when ZOS admits that it did not have a noteworthy impact is absolutely mind-boggling.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This won't ever happen because, from my experience, a lot of players show zero initiative and expect to be served.
    Yup, chat will be flooded with constant "lfg" messages...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    This is a huge nerf to solo players and a huge boon to groups. Sure as a solo player I can now be sure that my heals target myself at the cost of never being able to heal anyone else, what a buff. I guess 12 man ball groups will be a requirement.
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, this pretty much kills PVP for anyone playing solo, and who is not a top-tier 1vX player.

Terrible, disappointing change.

EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip Cyrodiil. You will be missed.
    [DC/NA]
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a great change, will definitely make me more encouraged to play Cyrodil :)
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I think this is a great change, will definitely make me more encouraged to play Cyrodil :)

Did a solo player heal your target when they were about to die?

All the groups that stop fighting my allies and focus only on me while I am healing are going to absolutely love this change. Sadly I feel like all the allies I am constantly healing are going to simply get frustrated and leave the zone, and maybe even find another game entirely.

Solo healing was the last defense we had against organized groups. My guess is that Cyrodiil will become a type of battlegrounds map for groups of 12 to fight it out. A trial with player groups instead of NPCs.
    Edited by badmojo on November 7, 2020 4:39PM
    [DC/NA]
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dreadfullly-bad change. I'm genuinely ashamed of this community for their being people who support it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Week 5's test gave the best results for many people. This is a good change imo
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyngrin wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? This change:

"ally-targeted abilities will only apply to those in your group"

Is FORCED grouping, especially for healers since you wouldn't be able to heal others if not grouped (I play as a support Templar). If I just wanted to play with up to 12 folks, the game wouldn't need to be an MMO (M as in Massively), and certainly wouldn't be ESO with this change. Even worse, this change doesn't even help significantly with lag in Cyro.

[snip]

--One Angry Customer

[Edited for Bashing]

Agreed. In fact one could say there has been absolutely no benefit whatsoever to two months of beta testing we did for ZOS at our own expense. Played last night and guess what---meta of Fear, fear, fear, fear, fear and fear for wins is STILL A PROBLEM AS IT HAS BEEN FOR 7 YEARS ZOS.

I think the idea a group of Devs who do not play the game would tell others what they think is 'behavior' they liked----is a good way to see just how out of touch the Devs here are with the players. Lets be real, who actually cares what behaviors the Devs 'like' and this is about as tone-deaf as one could get- They should ask 'what do the players think is FUN....what is FUN, NOT what you who don't play chars here think is behaviors you 'like'.

Worse yet, the delays they have put in game make it play like you are in syrup, even light attacks are now throttled along with response time and snappiness of game-play. I would be surprised if they released the figures for population during the testing, prior to testing and now for comparison. We all know exactly what they would show if they did and that should be all you need to tell you where the game will go in the future with decisions this tone deaf.
  • Hyde0709
    Hyde0709
    ✭✭
    I love the changes, great decision ZOS, now let’s just remove CP from Cyro next. Keep it up.
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    For everyone complaining - why don’t you just try playing solo for once instead of zerging :)
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great change. For those of you concerned about getting into a group, I think we will see a rebound of new and old pvp guilds once people start recovering from the test fatigue. Also if you are in zone and type lfg and don't get a response consider starting a group. I can't count how many times I have seen somebody type that in chat and not get a response. These groups start because people take the initiative to start it.

Also a side note, I don't understand why somebody who is a healer/support run in a group already. The value you can provide a group is significantly greater than the value you provide an unorganized zerg.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • ShortTripToHell
    ShortTripToHell
    ✭✭✭
    nuttytom wrote: »
    For everyone complaining - why don’t you just try playing solo for once instead of zerging :)

A real question here: what do you mean soloing?

Myself I play in a "organised" group and sometimes small scale ( yes running in a tower and killing)
    Playing solo in cyro means or you play a sniper build and piew piew or you run around a tower.

Let's say it is 8pm primetime, everyone is home and ready to play. Can you take solo a keep? Don't think so.
    Can a zerg take a keep: yes.

However you want to play: Solo, ballgroup, organised or a zerg surfer. The problem remains the dynamic of the game. People like AP and a bit of fight, not too hard not too easy. Solution? Follow a group and zerg.

Without the pug 24 group Cyro will slow down sooo hard, don't disagree cause we saw it in the tests. In my experience ( leading a organised guild for 2 years ) the zerg creates action. With the change ppl will stay in keeps until a group attacks and the swarm will arrive.

You guys can agree or not but this is what I saw during tests. Do I like it? No, I prefer the dynamic of the game now ( with lagg) then a so called "solution".

If ZOS does not like the lagg, well than please say it honest and scratch cyro out of the map. Then we know and finnaly I can clear the PVP guild and revamp it to PVE until the *** up PVE too.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I wanted to play solo, I play Battlegrounds. At least wouldn't have to play Horse Simulator.

Also isn't zerging literally the point of Cyrodiil since this is a war against 3 alliances with siege equipment to counteract attacks. I understand pvp desperately needs a new mode or something but I feel this won't help nor bring new players to try pvp.
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    I know where ShortTrip is coming from. There are many playstyles and they are all valid and I see many instances where the distinction between a ball group and a zerg is missed completely. To most eyes, they look the same but they really aren't

The fact of the matter is there are very few organised groups left on PC EU. The ones that are left don't tend to be any bigger than 12 anyway. I should know because I play in them. I also completely understand that this change will make many unhappy. I don't think it's balanced but I personally will benefit from the change. Maybe it will take a few weeks before zos see the consequences and perhaps have a rethink

You have to take some of these comments with a pinch of salt because we all have vested interests in which playstyle we enjoy. I will not engage in any discussion that says playstyle X should be banned. I don't think that helps anyone.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. Grouping does not require skilled gameplay by any measure unless the group will kick those who do not play to their standards. It also requires very little additional interaction between players other than to ask and accept an invite.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Changes like this provide a greater advantage for those grouped over those that run solo. Get ready for more groups forming in Cyrodiil.
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Changes like this provide a greater advantage for those grouped over those that run solo. Get ready for more groups forming in Cyrodiil.

Smaller groups is a good thing - now you won’t have 2 24 man groups surfing eachother and cross healing whilst creating a *** load of lag. People actually have to play a bit smarter instead of just following a zerg and mindlessly spamming heals 😑
This discussion has been closed.