The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stamina templar pvp state

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the 6-7 ideas?

1. Revert ritual of retribution back to its previous iteration where it had healing. The offhealing is more important in every aspect of the game than a small dps boost

2. Change burning light passive. It is guranteed to fire once every X seconds for X amount when using an aedric spear ability. But here's the kicker inbetween each time it fires, for every aedric spear ability you use it loses power. It is a buff to blazing shield, and javelin, bcz those are not DoT abilities, and it is also a nerf to jab spamming.

3. Make backlash a 10 second ability with a 5 second explosion in the middle and at the end. The damage from the 1st explosion counts towards building up the damage for the 2nd explosion. Soo if you cant get enough damage off to get the 1st burst to be powerful you atleast you are in a better position to hit the cap on the 2nd burst. It has 1 less second of burst power/value than current backlash but it has more guranteed power come that 2nd explosion and more overall total damage from having 2 five second burst. It still can be purged. With my proposed nerf to jab spamming this will compensate for the loss of power. Morphs- PoTL still has minor fracture but purifying light heals caster after each explosion for X amount of damage done (no more ground effect healing)

4. Praticed incarnation and solar disturbance are prime for a change. They are basically the bargain bin version of their respective other morphs. They are nearly identical but universally agreed upon as inferior. Praticed incarnation could be changed to a tristat potion effect. It has its uses in pvp and would help tanks. While slotted passively reduces incomming damage by X%.

5. Seeing as to how magplars have many alternatives to choose from for expensive ultimates (meteor, destro ultimate and solar prism), i feel it would be fair to see solar disturbance become a stamina morph of solar prism. It again would also make up for damage nerf that jabs took.

6. Remove the 10% or 15% recovery (after the change) to all stats from repentance and make it a passive but only when a restoring light ability is slotted. 15% recovery is not a really tremendous amount when most stamplars carry around 1000 stamina recovery and 500 health/mag recovery.

My whole position is to break away from jab/sweep spamming by providing an alternative and not making it mandatory. Players can still jab/sweep spam but at a minor penalty (with my burning light change).

I dont think im asking for too much with these changes but then theres also magplar skills like radiant aura, sun fire (and morphs), dark flare, explosive charge, healing ritual (and morphs) that are a disaster and need to be changed aswell. I doubt ZoS would ever even go this far soo there really is just no point.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on October 26, 2020 5:00AM
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    The cleanse morph needs to heal for double what it does or heal every 1 second, as well have a HOT that persist on the user for 8 seconds after leaving the circle. This would make it similar to the Dark Cloak, which is pretty decent.

Solution right now on medium stamplar? Back bar a resto staff for the ultimate LOL

I always thought Templar as a stand-your-ground kinda class, unless you were a excellent stamplar in medium. It sucks right now cause it’s really difficult to outheal/cleanse through all the procs and dots, on top of the other damage from Malacath.

Their damage is good but only if you can line up all the abilities up right, and get the stun off before POTL goes off — and that’s fricken hard to do in this meta right now.

tl;dr : stamplars hardest class to play right now.

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been eyeballing stam templar.

What do you gents think you want the most?

What's missing and why?

This is how I see it:

Stamden, Stamcro - Super reliable, strong delayed bursts

Stamsorc, StamNB - great survivability via escape skills

StamDK - a little lacking, but possibly the best class ultimate (leap) for stamina builds.

Stamplar - ????? (Cleansing Ritual?)

Every stamina class has something super valuable in PVP, except stamplar. The closest thing stamplar has to a highly valuable PVP class ability is extended ritual. But obviously, extended ritual doesn't come close to defining stamplar's PVP the way the other abilities listed above do for the other five classes.

What I would like to see? Turn empowering sweep into a very strong ultimate morph for stamplar. You could really make up for a lot of what the class lacks. Let stamcro and stamden keep their awesome delayed burst, let stamsorc and stamNB have their escape tools, and pair stamplar with stamDK giving it an awesome class ultimate too.

I suggested this elsewhere, but it would be cool to see:

Empowering Sweep:

Remove: extended duration per enemy hit and empower.

Add: While active, you gain 100% critical damage chance.

Maybe increase the cost a little bit to help balance it. OP, I know, put something turning empowering sweep into a very enticing option could really fix stamplar.

Edited by MurderMostFoul on October 26, 2020 3:50PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Daggerfell0929
    Daggerfell0929
    ✭✭✭

What's missing and why?

This is how I see it:

Stamden, Stamcro - Super reliable, strong delayed bursts

Stamsorc, StamNB - great survivability via escape skills

StamDK - a little lacking, but possibly the best class ultimate (leap) for stamina builds.

Stamplar - ????? (Cleansing Ritual?)

Every stamina class has something super valuable in PVP, except stamplar. The closest thing stamplar has to a highly valuable PVP class ability is extended ritual. But obviously, extended ritual doesn't come close to defining stamplar's PVP the way the other abilities listed above do for the other five classes.

What I would like to see? Turn empowering sweep into a very strong ultimate morph for stamplar. You could really make up for a lot of what the class lacks. Let stamcro and stamden keep their awesome delayed burst, let stamsorc and stamNB have their escape tools, and pair stamplar with stamDK giving it an awesome class ultimate too.

I suggested this elsewhere, but it would be cool to see:

Empowering Sweep:

Remove: extended duration per enemy hit and empower.

Add: While active, you gain 100% critical damage chance.

Maybe increase the cost a little bit to help balance it. OP, I know, put something turning empowering sweep into a very enticing option could really fix stamplar.

Or alternatively
    ( since my crit chance in CP is often over 50%)
    ADD: while active, your critical strikes have an extra 100% modifier
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasnt thinking of it until now; but I find it kind of crazy templar does not have a stam based burst heal - it is a templar after all.....

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasnt thinking of it until now; but I find it kind of crazy templar does not have a stam based burst heal - it is a templar after all.....

I was thinking a lot, and the more I do, the sadder it makes me. Let's take an example that has been haunting me for years now.

Eric Wrobel, the lead combat designer 4 years ago talking about templars said: "I'm (templar) more about putting down areas of protection and I wanna stand in these. This is sorta my house and if you come into my house it's gonna be bad for you."

You'd expect to be able to hold your ground as well. But literally half the classes (warden, necro, dk) are tankier, and the two that aren't (sorc and nb) have streak and shade, so yeah.

• Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now for stamplar MAYBE something decent to run:

Red guard 5-1-1
    Engine guardian or blood spawn
    Senches bite: gloves, belt, pants, resto back bar
    Wild hunt or torq of tonal
    1 armour of trainee heavy chest
    1 mech acuity boots
    2 mech acuity jewels
    Mech acuity 2hander front bar
    Shadow Mundas

Pop resto ultimate and dodge and switch to front and burst... then run.

Or switch out mech acuity for 3 piece potentas and 2 piece trainee for lower utili cost on the staff.

Idk - there’s a burst heal LOL

• Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    Right now for stamplar MAYBE something decent to run:

Red guard 5-1-1
    Engine guardian or blood spawn
    Senches bite: gloves, belt, pants, resto back bar
    Wild hunt or torq of tonal
    1 armour of trainee heavy chest
    1 mech acuity boots
    2 mech acuity jewels
    Mech acuity 2hander front bar
    Shadow Mundas

Pop resto ultimate and dodge and switch to front and burst... then run.

Or switch out mech acuity for 3 piece potentas and 2 piece trainee for lower utili cost on the staff.

Idk - there’s a burst heal LOL

Try that setup on a stamplar. Then try it again on a stamina nightblade. Notice the difference simply because the amazing utility of cloak. Then try it on a stamina sorc, and enjoy your insane mobility and notice how critical surge synergizes well with your idea. Probably the strongest class to run it on. Compare it to your templar with the same set up and cry.
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, don't expect them to change much anytime soon. Lots of people asking for "nice things", like improved healing, mobility, utility etc. Truth is, stamplar was never great at any of that, and it was OK - because it had absurd damage potential and the oppressive "house" that healed, did damage and snared in a big area (and around obstacles).
    The house got demolished. Then they go ahead and wreck PotL and burning light...

At this point I'd just like to have the pressure / burst damage back. As one dimensional as it is, it was fun to ravage (pun intended, RIP) someone's face off in a glorious PotL explosion. That was the niche, now it's gone - with nothing improved in other areas, hence the current state.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TIL Stamplars have run the Retribution morph. Honestly, the thought has never crossed my mind before. Getting rid of 3 extra debuffs per cast is way more important to me, even more so this patch. Defile being attached to necro's semi-spammable means its everywhere, and our healing is low enough as is.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    TIL Stamplars have run the Retribution morph. Honestly, the thought has never crossed my mind before. Getting rid of 3 extra debuffs per cast is way more important to me, even more so this patch. Defile being attached to necro's semi-spammable means its everywhere, and our healing is low enough as is.

I've always run extended ritual, pairs better with mobility.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

I've always run extended ritual, pairs better with mobility.

For real. The only time I can see the what, 800 damage ticks being useful would be giving you a 1 second heads up that a bomber is jumping you while camping a flag.

Even on Magplar with better magic dmg scaling, there's no way I'm dropping Extended.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What's missing and why?

to answer what we want lets go over what we already have access to

MOBILITY/ESCAPE SKILLS
    1. Nothing
    2. Zip
    3. Zilch
    4. Nada

DEFENSIVE SKILLS
    1. Major Resolve
    2. A unique buff that boosts major Resolve's strength by 50% as long as we stand inside a circle that is 2 steps wide
    3. minor protection for 6 seconds when a spear skill is used

CLASS HEALING SKILLS
    1. See "mobility/escape skills"

OFFENSIVE SKILLS
    1. Biting Jabs which snares the user and grants the pointless buff, major savagery.
    2. Binding Javelin a slow, high viability projectile that is easily dodged, stuns for 4 seconds, can be blocked, bypasses resistance for some reason despite doing potato damage
    3. Power of the light, apply minor breach and fracture to your target and then after 6 seconds they'll explode for 20% of the damage you did to them, that's a whopping 2K damage on average for 3 times more work than blast bones or shalks.
    4. Burning light, hit an enemy 4 times with a spear ability with no more than 1 second between hits and they explode for 5K bonus damage, too bad you're never going to be able to land more than 2 jabs against a decent player and the other spear abilities are too slow to trigger it

UTILITY SKILLS
    1. +240 stamina recovered per second attached to our Major Resolve skill
    2. +6% weapon damage
    3. +5% discount on all health, magicka, stamina and ultimate costs

now as for what we want, it's simple
    1. Changing the Major Savagery on jabs into something actually useful, maybe minor life-steal so it heals like it's mag counterpart?
    2. Reworking on of the heals the class has so that stamina has some class healing
    3. Some sort of defensive skill beyond Major Resolve or literally standing still for a slightly stronger Major Resolve. Maybe a stamina shield or something?
    4. Make Binding [and aurora] Javelin unblockable so we FINALLY have an unblockable class cc
    5. Rework Burning Light into Piercing Light, a unique resistance debuff that lasts 4 seconds, stacks 4 times and applies every spear skill hit with a 1 second cd
    6. Power of the light, make it deal damage on its own or ramp up the applied % from 20% to 100%
    7. for the love of all that is holy give templar a % based heal so they can actually tank, as sun shield is literal garbage in its current state.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    1. Make Binding [and aurora] Javelin unblockable so we FINALLY have an unblockable class cc

mDK unblockable CC is close range on a class with no gap closer or built-in speed; you mostly deal with it by staying out of range.

Especially for no-CP mag specs a 22m unblockable CC seems a bit much.

[This comment about unblockable CC brought to you by a magsorc main lul]
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Front bar weapon question

Enchantment? If so which one? Or poisons?

I dont see any passives that would benefit one or the other right? Not like sorc or warden, dk, necro or NB...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't read most of this tbh.

I can tell you i've spent all week getting rocked by stamplars with 6k jab ticks and 11k+ dawnbreakers. That don't take a dent from 6k wep dmg and 12k penetration while major defiled.

While wearing heavy armor (28k resist) and 3k impen. with 30k+ hp.

Not sure what i'm missing?

With mender and minor protection active. Btw.
    Edited by Jameson18 on October 30, 2020 3:52PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

I can tell you i've spent all week getting rocked by stamplars with 6k jab ticks and 11k+ dawnbreakers. That don't take a dent from 6k wep dmg and 12k penetration while major defiled.

11k db? I'm having a hard time believing anyone with 28k resists and 3k impen gets hit for that much.
    6k jabs is pretty normal if you are not using major evasion and s a high damage templar hits you.
    That's 1.5k per jab tick, which is really not that high.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

11k db? I'm having a hard time believing anyone with 28k resists and 3k impen gets hit for that much.
    6k jabs is pretty normal if you are not using major evasion and s a high damage templar hits you.
    That's 1.5k per jab tick, which is really not that high.

I had a hard time believing it also.

So I went back over and over. It happened over and over. Hit my buddy on his stam sorc for 17k.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If nothing else, I find it hard to believe you were "rocked by stamina templars all week" and "over and over" purely due to the fact we represent less than 5% of the population, and even less in the current proc set meta where mobility classes like nb and sorc are even more popular than usual.

Who are these stamina templar gods you are talking about, @Jameson18 ? Let's get them here to share their builds. Until then I'll stick to the mainstream version of the story: stamina templars are performing badly in all aspects of pvp https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/547968/pvp-tierlist-for-stonethorn/ not to mention the fact they are close to unplayable during the current tests.
    Edited by Husan on October 30, 2020 6:36PM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe you were "rocked by stamina templars all week" and "over and over" purely due to the fact we represent about 5% of the population.

Who are these stamina templar gods you are talking about? Let's get them here to share their builds. Until then I'll stick to the mainstream version of the story: stamina templars are performing badly in all aspects of pvp https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/547968/pvp-tierlist-for-stonethorn/ not to mention the fact they are close to unplayable during the current tests.

Xbox NA.

There's really no shortage of anything tbh. Popular flavors do seem to change from week to week though.
  • Hakkanistorm
    Hakkanistorm
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to believe you were "rocked by stamina templars all week" and "over and over" purely due to the fact we represent about 5% of the population.

Who are these stamina templar gods you are talking about? Let's get them here to share their builds. Until then I'll stick to the mainstream version of the story: stamina templars are performing badly in all aspects of pvp https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/547968/pvp-tierlist-for-stonethorn/ not to mention the fact they are close to unplayable during the current tests.

Xbox NA.

There's really no shortage of anything tbh. Popular flavors do seem to change from week to week though.

I just laugh out loud ...

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox NA.

Console is a patch behind and the performance is just inferior so in general the best players play on pc. This doesnt mean you cant be serious/good and play on console its just a generalization.

People dont take whats trending on console as a meaningful representation of anything bcz, like i previously said, in general console players are less serious.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on October 30, 2020 10:54PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

Xbox NA.

Console is a patch behind and the performance is just inferior so in general the best players play on pc. This doesnt mean you cant be serious/good and play on console its just a generalization.

People dont take whats trending on console as a meaningful representation of anything bcz, like i previously said, in general console players are less serious.

In what sense is console a patch behind?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox NA.

2 weeks behind. They get the updates, dlc etc 2 weeks before us.

Ive known several players that have played both PC and Xbox; the skilled players are on equal footing; however there are more of them on PC
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox NA.

2 weeks behind. They get the updates, dlc etc 2 weeks before us.

Ive known several players that have played both PC and Xbox; the skilled players are on equal footing; however there are more of them on PC

Yeah, we are behind major patches for 2 out of 13 weeks. I wouldn't consider console "a patch behind" based on this.

As far as skill differential, I'd agree that the skill of the top players between PC and Console is around the same level. Also, there are plenty of low skill players on both as well. Each platform has the full spectrum of skill levels.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently; with lack of class base brutality, no real sustainable defense, and no debuff, it feels like Stamplar is forced into 2her with 1h shield.

Stamplar could use empowering sweep to have a defensive attached to it rather than empower they gave it when they removed major protection. Rememerance locking you in place just allows for enemies to gather around.

Could also use a templar signature stam heal.

POTL/pl now being much weaker and take twice as long as shalks or blastbones makes it prime to have major breach in it at the base ability; or some kind of debuff beyond just POTLs minor fracture as templars lack that outside of ridiculous expensive ult.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox NA.

I play on Xbox NA, and what I see all the time now are NB and WW. It's getting to the point that it's boring to play the game. Attack from stealth, or 2 or 3 tanky WW banded together with proc sets doing most of the damage for them.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While wearing 5x heavy armor in a no-CP Battleground recently, I ate a total of 20,518 damage from 3 GCD's worth of Biting Jabs (not counting any light attacks or Burning Light procs). That's literally >= 2x the damage that I would have taken from a Magicka build spamming Force Pulse. Even Whip nowadays probably wouldn't be reaching that amount (especially on any target that isn't a Stage 4 Vampire, which almost no one is anymore).

If ZOS addresses some of the Stamina Templar "pain points" and/or guts proc sets without doing something about Jabs damage, things may very well end up right back where they were a few patches ago, where the class is a dime a dozen in BGs, and their 1 button spam is scarier than pretty much everyone else's burst combo.

I'm completely fine with making adjustments that will help the class out with the various problems that it's facing (like self healing and whatnot), but Jabs damage also needs to come down. There's simply no good argument for having a spammable, especially one which snares targets and isn't even very expensive, to do damage that's rivaling - or even sometimes exceeding - that of ultimates.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    If ZOS addresses some of the Stamina Templar "pain points" and/or guts proc sets without doing something about Jabs damage, things may very well end up right back where they were a few patches ago, where the class is a dime a dozen in BGs, and their 1 button spam is scarier than pretty much everyone else's burst combo.

I'm afraid that's exactly what is going to happen. They are going to do something that will make us viable again and then after people start complaining nerf us to an even lower point we are at now. Remember what happened to eclipse. Was strong for a patch which made templar a really good contender for PvP, and was promptly nerfed to a skill that is a waste of a GCD and magicka.

That's why I keep saying we need to do it the other way around. Nerf jabs, then have a realistic look at the toolkit and you'll see just how bad it is. Maybe then we can get some actual buffs that stay. NERF JABS TO MAKE TEMPLAR GREAT AGAIN!!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/549108/nerf-jabs-to-make-templar-great-again-warning-sarcasm-inside

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    While wearing 5x heavy armor in a no-CP Battleground recently, I ate a total of 20,518 damage from 3 GCD's worth of Biting Jabs (not counting any light attacks or Burning Light procs). That's literally >= 2x the damage that I would have taken from a Magicka build spamming Force Pulse. Even Whip nowadays probably wouldn't be reaching that amount (especially on any target that isn't a Stage 4 Vampire, which almost no one is anymore).

I'm completely fine with making adjustments that will help the class out with the various problems that it's facing (like self healing and whatnot), but Jabs damage also needs to come down. There's simply no good argument for having a spammable, especially one which snares targets and isn't even very expensive, to do damage that's rivaling - or even sometimes exceeding - that of ultimates.

I regularly hit squishy targets for 6-7k suprise attack crits, and thats instant cast.
    Heavy armor alone doesn't make you tanky anymore.
    Jabs can be avoided by simply using you movement keys, also run a snare immunity skill if thats such a big problem for you.
    Honestly tired of bad players dying to jabs, when its one of the most avoidable skills in the game.