Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MASTER CRAFTERS ... you lied to us ZOS

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
When ESO released you always told us that crafted gear would always be better or comparable to high end dropped gear. Along the way this vision apparently vanished because this is not true anymore. The closest you came recently ZOS was NMA when players could pair it up and pull decent numbers. Yet it was nerfed. As a tank in the old days Torugs and Maybe Histbark were great tanking craftable sets..now Torugs is niche and hardly ever used and Hist is..well just look at it. Same goes for healer sets. I remember a time making so much gold selling crafted sets to players like Arena, TBS and clever alchemist (RIP CA :( )

With that in mind I am asking you to please consider this:

1. Allow 9 trait master crafters to either modify a crafted set by inserting minor slayer or minor aegis etc on a 5 piece OR
Create new crafted sets that incorporate minor slayer, etc in them that are comparable to dropped.

2. Allow 9 trait master crafters the ability to modify ANY weapon to place a stat on them or atleast crafted ones. For example You have a master staff that has spell penetration on it, allow us to craft a staff and apply a bonus to it like that whether it is spell pen or spell crit etc. This goes for stamina weapons as well. Because right now your BiS weapons are only BiS bc of those extra stats on them. I mean at what point can we look at pve content and say "hey guys VMA inferno staff is a CHOICE because now we can use blah blah blah now". Maybe just don't make the crafted ones as high a numbers but atleast its something.

3. If we are master crafters why cant we make things like Master weapons? If we are master crafters why can't we get higher numbered stats on items we make compared to non master crafters? Why cant master crafters "change" any 2,3 or 4 piece stat on a piece of gear to something else?

I could be completely out to lunch on this...but I don't think I am. I am sure there are others on here who would agree on this.
Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on September 18, 2020 8:01AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Master Crafters should do be able to do more. I will say that when a set like NMA is presented as BIS by every theorycrafter for every Magic Class, it is going to be Nerfed. For a good reason. For every Magic Alt, it was Mother's Sorrow and NMA. The only difference was the Monster Set, sometimes. Boring.

Anyway, back to crafting, as Set Balance is always going to change in this game. Yes, we MC's should have some abilities to make things that set our gear apart from the Dropped sets. But be the only way to get BIS? That just means every build will have the same gear again.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I agree that Master Crafters should do be able to do more. I will say that when a set like NMA is presented as BIS by every theorycrafter for every Magic Class, it is going to be Nerfed. For a good reason. For every Magic Alt, it was Mother's Sorrow and NMA. The only difference was the Monster Set, sometimes. Boring.

Anyway, back to crafting, as Set Balance is always going to change in this game. Yes, we MC's should have some abilities to make things that set our gear apart from the Dropped sets. But be the only way to get BIS? That just means every build will have the same gear again.

yes i see what you mean. I guess I just want to convey i want crafters to be able to make impacts on our sets and not be so cookie cutter like they are now bc dropped sets win presently
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny that I made a similar thread in general discussions https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/545608/can-crafters-get-some-love-please-zos#latest

They have really screwed us crafters over at near every turn in this game.
    The BiS sets are more often than not what ZOS want BiS to be by adding new content forcing us to want to get the new content for the best gear.
    There are a multitude of issues they have brought to crafters that it has to be more than just an oversight, this must be intentional, as if they either want to encourage every player to be a crafter and craft their own gear or just want to push crown store selling of motifs and outfits in stead of letting the in game crafters who are dedicated making the gear..
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

yes i see what you mean. I guess I just want to convey i want crafters to be able to make impacts on our sets and not be so cookie cutter like they are now bc dropped sets win presently

In the thread I just linked I mentioned about GMCs not having anything unique that they can call their own except the title and weapon skin. You even have to have achievements to buy specific trashy opieces of gear but GMC gets you nothing.
    I made a suggestion that why can't a GMC have the ability to make any gear slightly better. a thing that only GMCs can do, like spending an extra temp alloy to make armour have +100 resistance or a weapon +25 damage. Negligible differences but meta players will hunt for it.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They told us after launch that crafted gear would be better. God I wish I can find that video.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s because they push players into endless grinding for the good gear.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until we as a MC community voice our concerns nothing will ever change
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew that crafters would be screwed when ZOS started increasing the number of crafting research scrolls you get as log-in "rewards." With so many being free, and thereby flooding the game with people having 9 traits researched, ZOS was showing that crafting will never be as important to them as grinding overland/dungeon sets. Compare it to RNG and loot tables. The desirable sets have a low drop rate, thus making the player grind longer for them. Less than desirable sets are easy to get since they have a higher drop rate, i.e., the RNG grind is reduced. As for crafting, the grind to 9 traits is significantly reduced with tons of free research scrolls handed out like candy (they're also purchasable with crown crate gems and writ reward vouchers). It would be one thing if we only received one research scroll every few months, but there have been times where we received several in one month. ZOS was tipping its hand.

Edited by The_Lex on September 17, 2020 2:16PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    I knew that crafters would be screwed when ZOS started increasing the number of crafting research scrolls you get as log-in "rewards." With so many being free, and thereby flooding the game with people having 9 traits researched, ZOS was showing that crafting will never be as important to them as grinding overland/dungeon sets. Compare it to RNG and loot tables. The desirable sets have a low drop rate, thus making the player grind longer for them. Less than desirable sets are easy to get since they have a higher drop rate, i.e., the RNG grind is reduced. As for crafting, the grind to 9 traits is significantly reduced with tons of free research scrolls handed out like candy (they're also purchasable with crown crate gems and writ reward vouchers). It would be one thing if we only received one research scroll every few months, but there have been times where we received several in one month. ZOS was tipping its hand.

Please show proof of this. (bolding mine) I've been playing this game since launch, and nobody has been able to yet. It's confirmation bias and selection bias.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They told us after launch that crafted gear would be better. God I wish I can find that video.

God they told us before launch that they will keep the sub model and there will be no pay gates. Yeah we got craglorn free then they scrapped the sub, let the cancer in, put up pay gates, added a microtransaction store then made it that you still need a sub because of craft bag!
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Crafters..its should really MEAN something. lol im laughing over here like "please make me feel special!" but seriously it should.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any reason why you say "RIP Clever Alchemist?" Didn't see a nerf in the patch notes but now you are scaring me...
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any reason why you say "RIP Clever Alchemist?" Didn't see a nerf in the patch notes but now you are scaring me...

Because you have to already be in combat to get the drink buff now :( R I P
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main problem is the apparently unrelated broken champion point sistem.
    At the moment the end game character progression is determined by what armor you are wearing. The game need to reward you for completing new content but dosen't want to add to the chamipn point power creep and "new sets" are the answer.
    Crafters can't craft anyting decent because this will directly remove the current game leveling.

As long as champion points will not be reworked crafters will never be able to do anyting really useful.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk, i feel like they can allow us sets to craft that are atleast comparable to end game drop sets. But i see what ya mean. sets with minor insert name are behind trials, be nice if they gave us one for each role behind master crafting. My biggest complaint is VMA weaopon staves are still best in slot for dps magica users. it has been years. Can we get a comparable change so its not the same everytime zos?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see some rebalance of crafted set where more traits equal better overall set.
    I don't think crafted sets should be the absolute best, but should be up there with other options for sure.
    Then again I also want them to do away with the unnecessary amount of material tiers.
    Cp 10-150 should be 1 tier max, period.
    Below 50 gear should scale all the way to lvl 49.
    Lot of this is zeni forgetting to update old system when they change the game around them.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is is a really great suggestion man! If your a master crafter you use less mats to get a result
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guy did you watch the stream today??? About the “sticker book” and how we can bind any item named set, we can then decon it and if we want reconstruct it later with any trait we learned???? Wow. Inventory GLORY inbound.
  • chiftie
    chiftie
    Guy did you watch the stream today??? About the “sticker book” and how we can bind any item named set, we can then decon it and if we want reconstruct it later with any trait we learned???? Wow. Inventory GLORY inbound.

When is this coming?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U28!!
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree with the OP and I think ZOS got too caught up in trying to find ways to make players want to do dungeons. Putting all those cool sets in dungeons was a good idea but they haven't shown crafting enough love and now crafting is pretty much entirely eclipsed by dungeon sets.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fully agree with the OP and I think ZOS got too caught up in trying to find ways to make players want to do dungeons. Putting all those cool sets in dungeons was a good idea but they haven't shown crafting enough love and now crafting is pretty much entirely eclipsed by dungeon sets.

I laugh sometimes when I think of all the time and money that is put into these dlc dungeons. I guess ZOS thinks we are all college kids with lots of real life friends and we queue up for these all day. All the story dialogue I have to click-click-click through as fast as I can because I’m grouped up with 3 other randoms running at breakneck speed through the dungeon. I have no idea what’s going on in any of them. If I’m lucky I get a tank and possibly a healer but it’s usually 3 other dps dragging the boss all over the place while running from him.

I only do these once and then I’m done, no fun at all.

I would love for crafted sets to be better.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I don't do DLC Dungeons at all so I cannot get all the 'wonderful' sets that they contain.

Make overland sets more competitve please.

Malborn
    PC-EU
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, yes.
    A master crafter should be able to, for instance, add a bonus to a set. Like a second 5-items set bonus (with the power of a 2-4 items set bonus ..or even half of it).

A master crafter is a crafter who has 9-traits in all the pieces of his trade. (IE, to add the bonus on say, a sword, you need to have 9 traits researched in all weapons and all heavy armors.)

They could even add a chance to fail the craft wich would depends on ne number of motifs yet to be completed (minus the CS exclusives, of course .. that'd be pay to win).

Thus, a master crafter with all the motifs would be hella relevant.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The main difference between ESO gear crafting and end game crafting in other games -- ESO doesn't lock end game crafted gear behind some other content.
    In other games, they can put top end crafted gear in their crafting system because it requires that you get some special material from doing end game content. It's not like that here.

So, their promise about crafting was probably short sighted and blurted out without realizing the reality and repercussions.
    Sort of like how they handled light attack weaving and how it was unintended but they were going to "embrace it".

But come the Markarth DLC, everyone can be a "master crafter" of "high end dropped gear" as long as they can get their hands on a bunch of Transmute Stones.

Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 20, 2020 3:01AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Master Crafters..its should really MEAN something. lol im laughing over here like "please make me feel special!" but seriously it should.

It means you can do master writs -- But not really make anything particularly special for yourself.
    Even all the motifs you learned -- most people use the Outfit Station instead because the gear they are using can't be crafted at all.

The exception is probably Furnishing, but even there, "master crafter" really means you either got lucky with RNG or had a lot of money to buy the furnishing plan you needed to learn. i.e., Nothing to do with crafting per se.
  • AbraKDabbler
    I do hope that they introduce something to make being a Grand Master Crafter more impactful. I've worked really hard to get here, and it feels kind of anticlimactic.

Maybe enable GMC's to reconstruct gear at a higher rarity than others?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And over 6 years later You still take that as up to date info ? They've said many different things at game release and lot of them is not up to date anymore. Taking things they've said in 2013 or 2014 as granted at the end of 2020 is silly.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

And over 6 years later You still take that as up to date info ? They've said many different things at game release and lot of them is not up to date anymore. Taking things they've said in 2013 or 2014 as granted at the end of 2020 is silly.

I can agree that the title of this thread and some posts misplace emphasis on what was said, yes, but the greater point of this thread, that achieving Grand Master Crafter should mean something beyond a title, is in my opinion completely valid. It does take a lot of time and work and you will have to grind dlc vet dungeons for motifs or else pay for them in other ways. (I haven’t achieved it yet myself but most complete learning 30 more motifs in entirety.)

I agree that GMC should unlock special abilities either to customize armor or even a reduction on the number of rare items to craft or improve something.