The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

MASTER CRAFTERS ... you lied to us ZOS

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    They told us after launch that crafted gear would be better. God I wish I can find that video.

And over 6 years later You still take that as up to date info ? They've said many different things at game release and lot of them is not up to date anymore. Taking things they've said in 2013 or 2014 as granted at the end of 2020 is silly.

I can agree that the title of this thread and some posts misplace emphasis on what was said, yes, but the greater point of this thread, that achieving Grand Master Crafter should mean something beyond a title, is in my opinion completely valid. It does take a lot of time and work and you will have to grind dlc vet dungeons for motifs or else pay for them in other ways. (I haven’t achieved it yet myself but most complete learning 30 more motifs in entirety.)

I agree that GMC should unlock special abilities either to customize armor or even a reduction on the number of rare items to craft or improve something.

Here is a thing. Grand master crafter is just a title same as many other titles in the game. And many other titles in the game also take lot of time , work and grind. At the end of the day it's just another title that takes time to get.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They told us after launch that crafted gear would be better. God I wish I can find that video.

And over 6 years later You still take that as up to date info ? They've said many different things at game release and lot of them is not up to date anymore. Taking things they've said in 2013 or 2014 as granted at the end of 2020 is silly.

I can agree that the title of this thread and some posts misplace emphasis on what was said, yes, but the greater point of this thread, that achieving Grand Master Crafter should mean something beyond a title, is in my opinion completely valid. It does take a lot of time and work and you will have to grind dlc vet dungeons for motifs or else pay for them in other ways. (I haven’t achieved it yet myself but most complete learning 30 more motifs in entirety.)

I agree that GMC should unlock special abilities either to customize armor or even a reduction on the number of rare items to craft or improve something.

Here is a thing. Grand master crafter is just a title same as many other titles in the game. And many other titles in the game also take lot of time , work and grind. At the end of the day it's just another title that takes time to get.

It takes a year or more to get the research on all traits. Plus the fact mentioned above about the amount of gold required for motifs.

I can’t think of any other title that might be more time consuming than this, except Master Angler.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes a year or more to get the research on all traits. Plus the fact mentioned above about the amount of gold required for motifs.

I can’t think of any other title that might be more time consuming than this, except Master Angler.

i have both GMC and MA and i hate to fish in the game but know MA is an cake walk when put side to side with GMC i dont think lots of players know what it takes its not just an year of trait leaning its hours upbound hrs of farming motifs and not just part of them full motifs 50 of them not 1 or 2 50 of them its an lot of time and work to get i did fishing in 8 days
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And ? Gold in ESO is easy to get if You want it to buy motifs and learning traits just requires to regularly make few clicks and the more traits You've learned the less frequent those clicks will be. When You say "it takes one year to get" in reality activities required to achieve said title consume small percentage of time from mentioned one year. By the same logic You can say that horse took You 6 months to max out but is it really the only thing You've been be doing over those 6 months ? When it comes to actuall time needed to get certain achievement I would say grand overlord is the most time consuming one. There are also achievements like for example godslayer where You need to spend hundereds if not thousands of hours actively playing the game before You're even ready to spend next dozens of hours to get them. Grand master crafter seems not that hard to get when compared to those. It's just more spread over time but it requires less effort to get.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 10, 2020 5:51PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    True, it’s not consistent effort, though on my main toon I would take note of when trait research was supposed to end and log in sometimes just to start the next one.

Good point about Grand Overlord, still working on that one.

I guess I’m just surprised to see so many players arguing against Grand Master Crafter status here. I don’t run vet dungeons except rarely so I have bought almost every motif page from them unless I get them in anniversary reward boxes. The ones I can get from dailies I farm, buy, and sell, but that takes effort.

You can get gold like you say but with both motifs and furnishing plans to learn, there is always something else to buy.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if there were gear sets only Master Crafters could make.

I have yet to play an MMO where craftable gear is better or as good as End Game dropped gear.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They definitely need to make crafted sets more 'equal' to dropped sets in some form.

NMA being in tons of builds the same was MA used to be shouldn't be a deal breaker when one or two trial sets are in every build as well. (And they aren't that hard to get even in perfected tbh)

The NMA thing is particularly egregious IMO because it's original form was balanced to the same cost increase/power bonus that high elves and orcs get on racial spell/weapon bonus vs. cost reduction racials like breton. So by changing NMA and labeling it as overpowered, they admit (without realizing it) the racials are not balanced and that altmer and orc are getting too large a bonus. I don't think one should have been changed without the other. If they aren't going to nerf those two racials or buff resource regen races like breton, argonian, redguard, etc. then they should bring NMA back up to what it was or close to it and or lower cost increase on it.

It's a pretty obvious tell that if you "correct" something that everyone is using and it goes to no one using it, then you didn't "correct" it very well.

That being said, some crafted sets like 9 trait sets, should be stronger than normal. There is a reason they are given higher trait knowledge as a barrier of entry.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Chess_Templar
    Chess_Templar
    ✭✭
    It is very true that giving Master Crafter a little "feeling special" something would be coherent with the fact that they had to wait alot to achieve this. I mean, at the base, making player wait something like 64 days on researching a trait is a mean to encourage the player to continue to play the game, so at the end of it, there should be some kind of reward make it worth it to have "endure" all the waiting. The way it is now, Zenimax doesn't help itself :

No END reward -> Not worth doing -> Player Retention strategy ineffective

But at the same time, what would be impacted if we had crafting set at the same level or better than dungeon set? It would mean that the dungeon wouldn't be THE way to go throu anymore for a great armor & weapon set. It would mean that all the hour the developper use to create the dungeon would sum up to be less than it is now, as less people will complete it for the reward. That would also balance out the player retention since making/purchasing armor take alot less time than farming dungeon and is less "fun" in a way.

I think that's why making crafting and dungeonering two indepedant and separate way of procuring gears will always create an inequality, since one will always attract more player, which will then be more focused on, since player retention is the main income factor...

And I think that's why some MMO have merge the two concept at its base, by having special materials only available in dungeons, putting again more focus on dungeon but with the possibility of better crafted gears.

La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence. ~Isaac Asimov