The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the best healing tank (hybrid) now?

Env_t
Env_t
✭✭✭
with this PTS changes, is it still templar? or no?
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was always warden.
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was always warden.

can you link the build
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd run warden with
    -5 SPC on waist, hands, and jewelry
    -5 Seducer, heavy body and weapons
    -2 Lord warden Dusk monster set, heavy

With front bar sword and shield and back bar restoration staff/ice staff.

Warden can afford to be a little selfish with its sets, but definitely go SPC as a heal tank.

You'll want vines to give you and the team health steal, expansive frost cloak for group tankiness, the magic morph of mushrooms for sustain ease, bull netch for stam while blocking, and frozen device for grabbing enemies.

If you run resto staff, griping shards (think that's the name) ability is really important for locking people down. If you run an ice staff, wall of elements does that for you, you won't need both.

Hope this helps, lemme know if you have questions o7
    Edited by DocFrost72 on October 2, 2020 5:57PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do this on a nightblade pretty dang effectively until the nonstop nerfs took their toll.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    I think warden will still be the best

While tankplar is further getting shitted on

Youd be using yolnahkriin/ebon and spc/winters embrace/olorime/powerful assault

Keep your standard warden tank setup but have energy orb slotted and elemental drain slotted if you're playing with magicka users

Winters embrace is very good for healing over time as you can pump out a few thousand hps with it, and you can use the other sets for group damage if they don't need that much healing
    Edited by LegendaryOaks on October 2, 2020 3:42PM
    Full Time Shitposter
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    but warden hasnt burst heal?
    Edited by Env_t on October 2, 2020 8:08PM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    but warden hasnt burst heal?

Polar wind. 60k health 22k heal from live heal based on max health very powerful.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warden
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens polar winds literally all day long but Sorc tank also has Clannfear and dark deal/conversion for a meaty heal and literally endless sustain.
    Edited by Astrid on October 3, 2020 4:07AM
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wardens. DKs don't have enough healing and Templars don't have enough tools for tanking (sadly tbh, I'd love to see more Templar tanks).

Astrid above me makes an interesting point about Sorcs too.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming PvP

I assume aiming is the reason it never caught on for healers, but look into a tank warden that uses guard and symbiosis. The toggle is like constantly having another hot available instead of less than par light attack damage. Your aimed heals can go directly to a teammate of choice instead of a random pug with 12khp. If you ever wanted to role play as mercy from OW this is probably the way to do it.

Id look into running a frost staff for blocking (likely without the mag cost passive) with resto or s&b backbar. Set wise, usually tanks can be pretty versatile. Troll king will be meta most likely due to the how much health recov people can get on pts. Troll can also still go on pale ring users so long as you use a source of minor lifesteal(vines). Bloodspawn will be the next choice since you can run a decisive tank bar if you went with frost staff or s&b. Blood makes you tankier and leads to more resto/tree/perma ults.

Black Rose(Tel Var) could do wonders if you plan on being in the thick of the fight and block tanking damage for allies with your guard. Then pair in a support set jewelry+weapons. Due to healing% changes we could say that sanctuary is going to be more worth it. We know some of the ally damage boost sets are going to be stronger. You can never go wrong with making allies tankier aswell with transmutation.

Generally for PvP its better to make allies tankier than you trying to heal better. Trans makes allies avoid burst. Another set to mention if someone already has trans is critical riposte. Tbh depending on the build/team crit riposte might even just be better and easier to get.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden for sure. Polar Wind heals another person and is based on your max health.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your primary attribute is not health I'd call the build a DPS or healer that taunts. Tank to me means health as the strongest scaling attribute. Warden has the only health scaling ally heal which will heal an ally from execute to safety (to full if it crits). If your DD can stay out of stupid, that plus altar is all you need.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid wrote: »
    Wardens polar winds literally all day long but Sorc tank also has Clannfear and dark deal/conversion for a meaty heal and literally endless sustain.

The Clannfear is only going to heal you, right?

Is there a good way to make the stats work for the Matriarch as an alternative?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI, I cannot think of a tank build I have played that is not a hybrid. It is the only role that permits a hybrid build to be solid.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On my Trial Tank Build it heals 2 Targets for 5-6k non crit.

• thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭

It won't be that strong. Better to simply have DPS run self HoT like swallow, crit surge etc and take any tank you want.

Or just use a DPS build, which will work in lots of dungeons. Probably not Moongrave (standard tank+heal+2 DD works great there) but on some other stuff DPS builds work fine. eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-xi7qc9xMA
    Edited by thadjarvis on October 5, 2020 12:20AM