Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Time for some positive energy

• Ulalume
    Ulalume
    Archannon wrote: »
    Name things you liked.

I love that npcs you interact more often with through quests actually have a life and develop relationships with each other. It's just so nice when you see them training at the fighter's guild, hanging out in the tavern, or buying stuff for their next trip. Whenever I start a new zone I have to find all of them and check out how they have been doing.

I can't think of a single mmorpg that has done that before. It's a lovely feature.

• RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I talk to a random npc as they throw out locations on occasions or just generally interesting conversation. Things like that keep me exploring.
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    With some exceptions in all categories, what i have enjoyed in the game so far include, but is not limited to:
    Great voice acting
    Awesome graphics
    Interesting NPC's
    Fun gameplay
    Challenging combat
    Engaging Storyline
    Sheogorath (in all his appearances)
    Other Daedric Prince's (in most of their appearances)

What i have not liked so far:
    bugs
    My character constantly going "Yes my Queen/King/Other"
    leveling enchanting (all other crafts at 48 or 50, enchanting, barely past 25)
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Things I enjoy about this game...the rare friendly player who doesn't expect payment for anything if they help or the ones who don't troll zone chat.
  • Rial
    Rial
    ✭✭✭
    - Exploration, you actually can just wander in a random direction and enjoy the game without being pushed around.

... as long as you stay within a certain level range. This is by no means well done, especially since free and unrestricted exploration is the one and only TES core feature found in all five games of the main Elder Scrolls series.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rial wrote: »
    ... as long as you stay within a certain level range. This is by no means well done, especially since free and unrestricted exploration is the one and only TES core feature found in all five games of the main Elder Scrolls series.

Yea? So is being single player.
  • buffbcub17_ESO
    I too love the exploration, and like the fact that I cannot go into a zone WAY beyond my skills by accident.

One thing I love about the quests is the repeat characters I have been seeing...you help them out a few times and they keep popping up for some new jam you need to get them out of.

There is just a ton of detail to each quest, even the small random ones, that it is a breath of fresh air not to just go kill 10 things and come back. Sure you have to usually wade through bad guys to get the quest done, but they give you a real objective.

I am one of the lucky ones who hasn't had really any problems other than the occasional client crash, so haven't posted much on the forums. At my current level I still have that feeling of wanting to play the game all the time, it doesn't seem like a grind at all.

Sure there are problems, but it seems like many of them are being worked out and will continue to do so.
  • Beerbong_Ginn
    Beerbong_Ginn
    ✭✭✭
    I have to be honest... I was ready to pass on ESO when it was announced, simply because I've never been a fan of MMO's, even though I've been a huge fan of Elder Scrolls for years. I'm VERY glad a I gave it a chance, and the fact that I'm still playing it now (longer than I've ever been able to keep invested in an MMO before) is really a testimony to the quality of the game as a whole.
    Helvius Inebriato - Imperial Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Belladonna Faleri - Imperial Sorcerer, Aldmeri Dominion
    Drinks-under-tables - Argonian Templar, Daggerfall Covenant
    Koh'rona gra-Beerchugger - Orc Nightblade, Daggerfall Covenant
    The Beerwench - Nord Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Ican Hazbeer - Khajiit Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Yukan Hazbeer - Khajiit Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Emeritus - Dunmer Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Meretrix - Dunmer Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Ignitus - Dunmer Templar, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Obscurus - Dunmer Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Faeliinyth - Bosmer Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Byress Ginerva - Breton Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/beerbong_ginn Twitter: @BeerbongGinn
    ✭✭
    I can only echo what others have said - the main thing I love about ESO is that it rewards exploration properly:

- Firstly, the game world is beautiful, so finding new locations is a reward in itself.

- Second, because of the way that books are scattered throughout the world, each giving some insight into Tamriel's lore. This has been one of my favourite things about TES games since playing Morrowind, and it's fantastic to see it done in an MMO.

- Third, the NPCs have more personality than in most games (including most single-player TES games), so it can actually be worth talking to them.

Also, the crafting system is the most interesting and satisfying one that I've seen for a while.
  • maniacal1
    maniacal1
    ✭✭
    - Exploration, you actually can just wander in a random direction and enjoy the game without being pushed around.

- The voice acting is for the most part superb and adds alot of flavor, I've spent so much time just checking one-liners and what not from various non-important NPC's.

- The class design - though more restrictive than Skyrim - gives you alot of artistic creativity in this usually stale MMO scene.

1 - There is no such thing as exploration in a game with gated zone content. You're not exploring, you're walking the walls in a confined space. Exploration involves moving in any direction you want and discovering, this game funnels you to certain points in every single zone throughout the game, and most zones require you to complete quests to move on. That's NOT exploration, that's treadmilling at it's finest.

2 - The voice acting IS good, if you are a really big Steve Blum fan. I mean I understand the guy is popular, but he only does one voice! I like Spike Spiegel too, but they really should have sprung for more varied voice actors.

3 - Will agree with you here. I enjoy the class design, and I think I would REALLY enjoy theory-crafting and mixing / matching with abilities and skills...unfortunately the cost of respeccing is just absurd, so this will probably never happen.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    I love the voice acting. I have not seen all the factions yet, but all the ones I have seen so far are great. Not one has sounded like one of the IT guys doing a fake voice. :) I also really like the flexibility in the character development.

• Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Nice positive post :)

I am loving the game. I only get to play a few hours during the week and several over the weekends. But I am taking my time, my highest character is lvl 11 Nord from EP, but I re-rolled a NB Ranger wood elf on AD which is level 5 only, missing EP a little now.

Never before in any MMO have I found it so difficult to settle on a character, maybe I am catching 'altalitis'

I hope Zeni stick by their guns and do not start catering for the 'hold my hand' generation and nerf everything.

What I love about this game mostly, I am in no rush to do anything, yesterday I logged in and spent 3 hours fishing and collecting mats.

Keep up the awesome work Zeni, and thank you for delivering, for me, one of the best launch MMO's I have played.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    ElSlayer wrote: »
    Okay, here is my list:
    3 ) Sheogorath
    [...]
    9 ) Sheogorath
    10) Classes are not strictly bound to roles
    Don't forget 11, Sheogorath.
    He is like a Mix of the Joker and Batmite. He brings Black Humor á la Falout and Borderlands into the game. Yet there is a incredibly deep meaning behind his jests (that the mages guild will not be able to avoid the war by running away).
    Is it odd that I almost enjoy his quests more then the main ones?
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Auriso wrote: »
    A recent poll on Reddit shows that 70% of the players would renew their subscription after 30 days and 30% would not.

[...]

Which is funny as that doesn't in anyway include the non Reddit people which sadly are far far more.
    Polls do not include everyone on the planet. Pointing that out is like saying "humans need Oxygen" all over again.
    Unless you are saying "Reddit users are unrepresentatively likely to stick with ESO", I fail to see your point @DanteYoda‌. And that is the only meaning I can read into that sentence. And it is on much weaker grounds then asuming that the poll is representative.

If this was a veiled try at concern trolling ("ESO is doomed to fail unless X") it was actually halfway decent, but from the lack of reactions to it we can say it was not good enough.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Nacht
    Nacht
    ✭✭✭
    Puny personal and account storage - Check
    Completely wrecked forums - Check
    Anemic crafting - Check

F2P in six months - Check
    Dead in a year - taking odds.
    Life is like a pack of wolves -

If you don't face it head on it'll come at you from all sides and rip your throat out.
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    @Nacht, you've missed the topic.
    You had to go to the next door.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    ElSlayer wrote: »
    Okay, here is my list:
    3 ) Sheogorath
    [...]
    9 ) Sheogorath
    10) Classes are not strictly bound to roles
    Don't forget 11, Sheogorath.
    He is like a Mix of the Joker and Batmite. He brings Black Humor á la Falout and Borderlands into the game. Yet there is a incredibly deep meaning behind his jests (that the mages guild will not be able to avoid the war by running away).
    Is it odd that I almost enjoy his quests more then the main ones?

I Love Sheogorath....that mage quest totally took me by surprise too, I was expecting an off the wall, crazy weird funny thing...but the commentary & the way it was presented practically totally convinced me. I REALLY wanted to have the option when I got back of saying "Yeah....I'm not helping the mages guild find their sanctuary, we need to jump in and fight."

I also really liked the quest in the AD, where it turns out Sheogorath is destroying a town...While the quest was great, the fact that Sheogorath recognized me, and had a nick name for me (I think it was like book-finder) was totally awesome. I was sitting in my chair just like "MUHAHA, a Daedric Prince knows my name & has a friendly nick-name for me!!!!"
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    loco wrote: »
    You keep defending ***, that's all you'll end up with- ***.

The game is utter garbage.

This thread is not about "defending". It is about appreciating.

Perhaps if you would drop your agenda for a second before post bombing a thread, you would see how obvious it is!

No one on the thread is saying that there aren't problems. They are just sharing what they have found to be really good.

I really doubt that Zenimax is going to look at this thread and say "Oh, they like what we do! OK, let's pull all the team off and not fix any more bugs or make further improvements".

Relax! We appreciate that you don't like the game. Vent in the myriad of other threads that are catering for that.
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loco wrote: »
    After countless MMO launches I should know better than to check the forum, but I can't help myself.

Every MMO has it's flaws, especially at launch. We can clearly see it's issues laid out in the countless threads here. Bots, bugs, dupes, unexpected (but, to be fair kind of expected) maintenances, lack of communication by CS staff that's probably stressed six ways from sunday.. you name it. The usual frustrating growing pains of a fledgling MMO.

That however has been unable to take away my pleasure in wandering around this fantastic world ZOS has put in place. So, I propose a different kind of thread, to brighten the forum up a bit.

Don't name negative things, but be positive for a change. Name things you liked.

I'll start:

- The voice acting is for the most part superb and adds alot of flavor, I've spent so much time just checking one-liners and what not from various non-important NPC's.

- The class design - though more restrictive than Skyrim - gives you alot of artistic creativity in this usually stale MMO scene.

You keep defending ***, that's all you'll end up with- ***.

The game is utter garbage.
    Then what are you doing her? Curious cat want to know.
    Was you not in the beta and tested the game?

So why did you buy it, and why is you hanging out here?

I see two reactions, one is: I don't like it, second is perhaps buy it later if your main issue is bugs.
    Edited by zaria on April 22, 2014 8:59AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like lamp.

And what i love so far:
    - good story
    - awesome music
    - exploration
    - crafting
    - emotes
    - character customization
    - lore
    - world
    - lamp
    - dungeons
    - loot system from crates and nightstands
    - able to pick up some stuff in world (bottles). Yes, not as much as other TES games but a lot more then other mmo's
    - PvP
    - PvE

Actually just a great themepark mmo. But he, it is me saying that. I also loved Tabula Rasa. (SWG in the pre-cu era is still my favorite mmo and i also still play the emu)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    TESO has a huge amount going for it, but players live to complain. Once they iron out the bugs we will be complaining about lack of end game content or something. :D
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still to irked over the ban(s) to be positive. So, sorry. But good luck.

One of my more favourite things about the game :D Goodbye dupers, botters and all-round exploiters ^_^
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild