Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Time for some positive energy

• Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I like is it has a bit off a mix from other great MMOs ie. DAoC and ES games. I really didn't think I was going to like this game after I was in a few betas. Glad I gave it a second chance.
    Edited by Alurria on April 21, 2014 12:30PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exploring is much more rewarding and quests are far more interesting than most other MMOs.

The questing on this game is miles above the current competition.

Last time I enjoyed questing on an MMORPG was way back in the early days of LOTRO. So this is the first game to come along in a long long time that actually offers interesting quests I enjoy doing.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 21, 2014 12:30PM
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    Archannon wrote: »
    Don't name negative things, but be positive for a change. Name things you liked.

- Running around searching for skyshards based on vague description in the achievements panel :smile:
    - Of course, Sheo :smiley: Who doesn't like that crazy *** :smile:
    - Enchanting once I got a hang of it
    - Being able to develop my toon the way I want
    - Multitude of options
    - Big, biiiiiig PvP battles
    - Game engine, which is amazingly well optimized and runs flawlessly on my mid-range laptop
    - Not seeing chat bubbles :smile:
    - Variety of quest objectives
    - *most* of the animations
    - World design is fantastic
    - Some fantastic, interesting bosses with a lot of tactics and skill involved in fights

"Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • Katkon
    Katkon
    ✭✭✭
    I love this game - the gameplay, the graphics, the sound. I especially like how your actions have a clear effect on the world around you. I like both PvE - and, surprisingly for a PvE player - PvP/Cyrodiil. This is the most fun I've had in a long time
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ibura wrote: »
    The exploration ofcourse, the chests :smile: , overall look of the game, well sooo many things, even the little things...like, I jumped on a big wooden crate covered with a tarp (? canvas cloth) and it just folded in like I would have jumped on a real one!
    Ohhh ... I have to try that. Thanks!
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a great time. The maintenance times aren't my favorite; i'd rather they patched in the middle of the night server time. And I got suspended on Friday and then reinstated within 12 hours with an apology - not cool, but I can live with it.

I've only had one quest bugged out to the point where I can't finish it, and it is listed in the known issues post. And one lorebook I can't retrieve no matter what I do.

For the first 30 days of the launch of a new game I'm feeling pretty good, and I've been playing MMOs since early EQ.

The game itself is enjoyable. I'm leveling 2 folks in each craft; my alchemist and my enchanter swap stuff, my provisioner is already level 50. My main has blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking and swaps each with an alt who has one of the skills.

The quests are well written and engaging; enough NPCs will chat with me, often telling me funny things. There are "encounters" that end up being like quests even though they don't start off with quest icons, which I like.

My biggest gripe is at myself; I cannot for the life of me fathom why I didn't buy two pre-order accounts; I really want a second account with the explorer's pack.

Living large in Tamriel...
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Best Thing about this game? For me the quests. I haven't had that much fun questing in an online game since I don't know when. Many quests would be totally suitable for a really good offline RPG like the Witcher.
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Love threads like these. Positive energy about a great game. Here are some of my favorite concepts of TESO:

1) No traditional "Class system", TESO adopts a "Job" system similar to the Final Fantasy series but executed in ESO style. I love the concept of the job system.
    2) Sheograth XD
    3) Questing story lines (Even minor ones) are very interesting if you take the time to read them.
    4) Veteran content is great, I typically play MMO's and lose interest because I hate making three or ten different characters to fit every role. In TESO I can be happy and explore all the games content with one single awesome character while still being challenged.

Some things I would love to see changed however (In the form of a letter):

Dear Zenimax/Bethesda,
    It has been a long road to The Elder Scrolls Online. From Arena, all the way to Skyrim you have delivered great stories and experiences. You and I both know that you kind of threw off that great story with some ideas in Elder Scrolls Online. Please, please go with what many of us are suggesting and make the cause of the "Not so accurate to Lore" of ESO due to a Dragon break (AKA a time rift which creates "Alternate timelines".

Also, I would really love you to make a game which lets me experience the Akaviri invasions, a game set in the 2nd Era, prior to the events in ESO, in which we play a pivotal part in the creation of say, the Ebonheart Pact, would be great fun. The lands of Morrowind, Skyrim and Black Marsh held off the entire invasion force of the Akaviri Slave masters. Tell me that wouldn't be an awesome experience!
    Edited by dagnome on April 21, 2014 1:00PM
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    Kudos on the post. I'm glad you started it (yes, there needs to be a General Forum added to this site)!

I love the little details that occur around you. The birds that fly up when you pass them, the rats running around a ship hold.

The voice acting is enjoyable and the sound snips for atmospheric events is absorbing. Walking into a town and hearing dogs barking in the distance nearly drowned by the sound of children playing and laughing. Being near a orc settlement and having a female NPC screaming at her husband as she walks past you is just so... suburban! I love it!

Also, the art work is just so much better than what I thought it would be. Running over the burnt plains of ash mountain and walking through an Ayleid ruin for the first time, and I just could not help but feel I was back playing Oblivion. Tramping around the snow in Bleakrock Isle, walking under the stone structures of Nord architecture gave me deja vu regarding Skyrim.

The developers said that they wanted an immersive world for this MMO, and I feel that they have achieved it!

As many others have said, to be able to stroll around the various regions and discover. Edging along a cliff face and turning a corner, to find a chest, rare rune or even a small cove with a spring and crabs running about. Sheer delight!
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i loved the fact that they made "Uncle Sheo" a canon thing. my roleplay group has been calling sheogorath that for years, its good to finally see it put to action :3
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    -The amount of story and detail in the quests
    -Sheogorath
    -Naryu
    -Using Dragon Leap....that is so much fun!
    -Veteran Rank 50+/++ quests are actually challenging!
    -Roleplaying in Windhelm
    -Exploring and just looking at the world
    -Hunting skyshards, and figuring out the hints in the journal for them
    -Helping and getting helped by random passerby players
    -Sheogorath, because PUPPY-KILLER!
    - Cadwell
    -The amount of history and lore you learn from reading and quests
    -Some of the dialogue is just hilarious
    -The way they say the dialogue sometimes just makes it funny anyways
    - "She uses herbs." The way a nord said that about a cook he doesnt like LOL
    - Crafting, and finding mangos...I mean calcinium...they look like mangos...
    - Making jokes with friends bout the bugs and problems but from an RP perspective
    - Writing RP letters for Gold Seller reports, such fun
    - Did I mention Sheogorath?
    - The difficulty and need to actually pay attention and dodge/interrupt
    - PVP, love the DAOC style, that isnt as tiny as GW2
    - PVP, lemming zergs are hilarious to burst down...
    - PVP, Numbers are not the way to win, you actually need strategy...or equally unstrategized enemies
    - The Costumes!
    - Being turned into a cheese wheel just to be eternally gnawed by skeevers!

Yeah I could go on....did I mention Sheogorath, swear I did, ah no matter, SHEOGORATH!
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • TheToastedOne
    Some people miss the biggest positive that this game has to offer:

The game is genuinely fun to play.

This is certainly one of, if not the best game I've ever played. It's challenging, promotes team work and also offers the ability to be a hermit and play by yourself if you so desire.

Yes, the downtime sucks, the bans and maintenance can be handled better. But at the end of the day, this is a great game. Everyone who sits on these forums and complains would REALLY be complaining if they decided to bring the servers down and discontinue game play.
    Edited by TheToastedOne on April 21, 2014 1:06PM
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    - Gorgaous, vibrant world.
    - Exploring is rewarding!
    - non instanced zone - few loading
    - Combat still feels realistic
    - Voice acting
    - Engine optimization is awesome: never seen that quality elsewhere.
    - Many more things

I think that they have had a lot of very good ideas when it comes to transform TES into an MMO. When it was far from an easy task, the result is satisfying to say the least. Game designers have done a great job finding the right balance here.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't say anything better than what most of you already said, so Agrees and Awesomes all around!
  • UniscornScarebear
    I love the quests, not missing the normally insane amount of: "kill 35 of these things here for 35 crusty snots" quests.

I love how you can basically change your character into anything you want (one tanking sorcerer coming up!).

I love the Sky-Shards, lock-picking chests & world bosses, it makes exploring that much more fun.

:smiley:
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main compliment I can pay the game is that the designers have successfully made a game that still has essence of Elder Scrolls, but with multi-player. I have played all TES games since Arena and I would never have thought it would work in multiplayer, because one of the nice things about the series is in fact the solitude.

But by opting to make the game completable solo, you still have this feel.

So whilst I do speak very unfavourably of the support and general game management, I think capturing the unique vibe of TES and putting it into MMO territory is a real acheivement.
    Edited by raglau on April 21, 2014 1:32PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to what everyone is already saying they love about the game.

I adore my hireling mails. Some are downright hilarious:D
  • Ketobbey
    Ketobbey
    ✭✭
    I like using Zone chat for stress relief and meeting ppl.
    I like helping random people with questions they have when they are new to the game.
    I like finding new recipes to use.
    I like the water. It's really nice, even when it rains.
    I like being able to group up and do the dungeons.
    I like the treasure chests and similar. Opening one to find what is inside is fun.
    I like that you can play the game your way.
    Ketobbey On SoundCloud <-- click to hear the unique music I produce. And it's my own music. I don't sample or DJ I produce from scratch. The music you will hear is perfect for running around ESO. There is a playlist with 1 and a half hours worth of my music for you to listen to. Enjoy and thanks for all your support.
  • Cat_70ESO
    Cat_70ESO
    I love the class design system. I like the way that you can have two characters who are the same class and race but are completely different in terms of skills, abilities and play styles.

The main thing is though that the game is just fun. I never notice how much XP I'm getting or how much gold I have, I just get lost in the story.
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    Positive... Positive... Ah! Here we go!

M'aiq the Liar being in the game <3 I love him.

Exploring the beautiful world that Zenimax created, even the dark caves and cliff sides just make me want to sit there and look at just the amount of texture detail that really went into the game.

The wide variety of character customization and being able to make which ever class you chose. Like if someone really wanted to, they could make an Altmer Dragonknight and still be a decent player if skilled and stated correctly.

The armor. Not all of it is breath-taking, but a lot of it does catch my eye and make me want to save up gold just to get the sets out there.
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    Offical forums asking for positive energy.. you should know forums are ONLY for doom and gloom :) sadly i have nothing positive to say about this game.
    Edited by spawn10459 on April 21, 2014 2:05PM
  • blueline
    blueline
    ✭✭
    Looking over my character's shoulder while standing in Windhelm, I see snow slide off a building's roof and burst into a cloud of powder drifting to the ground below.

Just one of dozens of examples of a level of attention to detail I've never seen in any other game. This gives me confidence in the developers and their motivation to continue to polish this gem.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the game and not really for any one particular thing that I can put my finger on. It's just been a fun game. Yesterday I finished Glenumbra for the first time and moved on to the next area, I thought it was just a mission I was headed for but as it turns out it was a whole new area, I was like cool!

I've spent my time doing some serious adventuring, looking across the map for skyshards, dungeons, quest givers, crafting materials, etc. Sometimes I'd run into something unexpected like some uber tough monsters that would give me a timeout and a dirt bath. I figured out that two red bars on either side of their health bar means bad. :)

I've soloed a lot, I've teamed up a little, and had a fun time of it. I've really only run into one bug and it had it's own unexpected amazing outcome. There were like 40-50 people stuck waiting for a quest completion mob to spawn and he didn't so several of us petitioned a GM. He restarted the instance kicking us all out and we all had to reload into the instance, but it had to cool feature of 40-50 people rushing the end room rolling everything in our path and decimating the end guy over and over again until we all had it. There was lots of good feeling, even though it had been a bug the outcome was exciting and amusing.

I joined a trading guild mostly for trading and have found that while some of the members are silent, many are helpful and friendly. I normally don't join guilds because of the hardcore PVP or raid attitudes that I've experienced in the past, I think that the guild store has given people like me reason to join guilds and a reason for the guild to be less PVP or raid centric and just a secondary chat channel free of gold spam.

It's the little things too. Like when you are looking at a map, your character is looking at a map. When you are checking your inventory, your character is rummaging through a bag. So when you are doing stuff, friends and party members aren't like what the heck are you doing cause they know right away.

Is there room for improvement, yes, and I see a little here and there with each patch. However, I'm happy with the game thus far.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs and bits that slow us all down be damned, I am having a complete blast.

Lots of things I like, many of which are mentioned here in posts before me, too many to list/remember!

Heck of a ride so far and I'm looking forward to more.
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, it's a good change from other MMO's iv'e played.
    i enjoy the combat, the PvP, the crafting, and the overall feel of the world.
    ill be renewing my sub.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79421/dear-eso-i-m-a-fan-thanks-for-your-hard-work#latest

- A post of mine along the same lines on an unscheduled maintenance day.
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    /drum
    /flute
    /lute

play it sam
    have seen tons of MMos and all of em having dance emotes ... now you can actually dance on music people make.
  • ohmwave
    ohmwave
    A very good post!!! Some positives for me:
    -Freedom of choice
    -Simple action bar
    -Vast game
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep coming back to two words to describe this game:
    Visually stunning.

Combat is fun.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Krivasran
    Krivasran
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest things I like about this game.
    1. Open. I can wander where the hell I want, when I want, get the craftables I want, and run paniced away from mobs who don't lock me into some sort of weird ass combat mode that other players can't leap into.
    2. Emote. /lute. That is all.
    3. Rash Merchants Plummet. Goes hand in hand with #1. All hail our seagull lord.
    4. The holy trinity can go to oblivion. We went to go do a group dungeon the other day. The lot of us were Sorcs. "But we need a tank!" claimed one. "Nay" we said. "For we hath lightning". And thusly, we strode upon the dungeon and smote our enemies most gloriously.
    Edited by Krivasran on April 21, 2014 3:42PM
    You've mistaken me for someone who cares.