Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dig up Bonus Rewards during the Lost Treasures of Skyrim Event"

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS:]"Once you’ve earned your Bulging Box each day, you will then have a chance to earn regular Boxes of Gray Host Pillage from subsequent daily quests or by completing various activities around Western Skyrim or Blackreach (such as defeating delve and world bosses, completing Harrowstorms, opening chests, and much more)"

Will we be able to get the normal gray host pillage boxes from antiquities digs? If we can't then our time will be divided between digging antiquities for the house and then spending time killing world boss, delve bosses etc... for the normal boxes.

I would imagine that if coffers did come from excavations, it would only be from excavations in Skyrim itself and not the rest of Tamriel. Maybe as the extra misc. loot you can dig up. Just my 2 cents, nothing confirmed.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    @Alphawolf01A

I think you are right about only excavations in Skyrim dropping the boxes. I forgot that we would be digging all over Tamriel and only the world boss, delve etc..in Skyrim would count. Still, I hope they at least drop with excavating in Skyrim.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's confusing that there are effectively two separate "events" going on at the same time, with the same name, and it appears that this thread covers both.

There is a standard zone event, similar to the one we had recently in Summerset, that will give 3 event tickets and a large coffer, once per account per day, when the first daily quest is turned in (or the weekly Kyne's Aegis quest) after reset. There are additional, smaller coffers available from other sources in the zone. Double mat drops from harvesting. All the same things we got in Summerset, but in Greymoor.

And there's a Community Event, that somehow involves digging up Antiquities. We don't know the exact details of that one. We know what the potential rewards are, and have a progress bar to look at.

Do the antiquities we've already dug up count?
    Does it count differently if a character has already leveled up the skill line, or is just starting?
    Hopefully it counts antiquities dug up everywhere, not just in Greymoor. Does it?
    Do different antiquity levels count differently: e.g., does a gold antiquity count for more than a green one?

Official answers would be greatly appreciated!
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed - on the diggy side of things this one still really doesn't know what is going on and what counts.

Is it all of Tamriel for the diggy or just Western Skyrim?

Does the quality of the object unearthed make any difference?

Does the antiquarian level of the traveller doing the diggy matter?

Will leads drop more frequently at all during the event?

Will Artaeum sink into the ocean in the first five minutes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as "where to dig", on the event page, it says, "During the Lost Treasures of Skyrim event, you can earn unique collectibles for ALL Greymoor players by digging up antiquities throughout the entirety of Tamriel."

As to what counts for progress and how much, no idea.
  • AbyssDragon_2115
    AbyssDragon_2115
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno we'll be appreciated for official answers on questions given in second post of this thread
    Which side of a raven has the most feathers?
    The outside.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we type this in larger font? Since the event (s?) begin in just over 20 minutes?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    It's confusing that there are effectively two separate "events" going on at the same time, with the same name, and it appears that this thread covers both.

There is a standard zone event, similar to the one we had recently in Summerset, that will give 3 event tickets and a large coffer, once per account per day, when the first daily quest is turned in (or the weekly Kyne's Aegis quest) after reset. There are additional, smaller coffers available from other sources in the zone. Double mat drops from harvesting. All the same things we got in Summerset, but in Greymoor.

And there's a Community Event, that somehow involves digging up Antiquities. We don't know the exact details of that one. We know what the potential rewards are, and have a progress bar to look at.

Does it count differently if a character has already leveled up the skill line, or is just starting?
    Hopefully it counts antiquities dug up everywhere, not just in Greymoor. Does it?
    Do different antiquity levels count differently: e.g., does a gold antiquity count for more than a green one?

Answering your questions in bold letters below!
    • Do the antiquities we've already dug up count? No, only Antiquities that are dug up during the event.
    • Does it count differently if a character has already leveled up the skill line, or is just starting? Nope, this doesn't matter!
    • Hopefully it counts antiquities dug up everywhere, not just in Greymoor. Does it? Yes, Antiquities dug up anywhere in Tamriel count toward the meter.
    • Do different antiquity levels count differently: e.g., does a gold antiquity count for more than a green one? No, quality does not matter.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 23, 2020 2:19PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you! <3
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • CaemlynW
    CaemlynW
    ✭✭

• Do the antiquities we've already dug up count? No, only Antiquities that are dug up during the event.
    • Does it count differently if a character has already leveled up the skill line, or is just starting? Nope, this doesn't matter!
    • Hopefully it counts antiquities dug up everywhere, not just in Greymoor. Does it? Yes, Antiquities dug up anywhere in Tamriel count toward the meter.
    • Do different antiquity levels count differently: e.g., does a gold antiquity count for more than a green one? No, quality does not matter.

If I dig up 10 antiquities in one day does that help toward everyone getting the house or should I do one a day? Is it quantity?
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    A little disappointed that digging up antiquities, even in Skyrim, doesn't seem to give any coffer.. would have made an even better incentive imho.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The double loot drops appear to be active only for the above-ground zone of Western Skyrim and does not include Blackreach. Is this intended?
    Edited by code65536 on September 23, 2020 3:39PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Kyne aegis also double drop of set items?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    code65536 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The double loot drops appear to be active only for the above-ground zone of Western Skyrim and does not include Blackreach. Is this intended?

It should include Blackreach. What exactly are you seeing that doesn't seem to be working properly?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaemlynW wrote: »

If I dig up 10 antiquities in one day does that help toward everyone getting the house or should I do one a day? Is it quantity?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I'm seeing a lot of people in Zone ask the same question. Does EVERY lead you dig up in one day count towards the progression to ultimately help get everyone the house? Please clarify.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »
    A little disappointed that digging up antiquities, even in Skyrim, doesn't seem to give any coffer.. would have made an even better incentive imho.

This, very much so, getting reward coffers would be so much more fun, otherwise digging doesn't seem special for the event - just the same as I do every day.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no double loot from nodes in Blackreach, only above ground.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    If the level of the leads does not matter - we all have the free green leads to use - so happy digging everyone, and make it count! (And good luck on getting better leads - of course) .
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It should include Blackreach. What exactly are you seeing that doesn't seem to be working properly?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I noticed it when harvesting nodes in Blackreach. I didn't test other forms of loot drops in Blackreach.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    My main has already completed all the achievements for the Antiquities system and the only leads I need are from treasure maps, BGs, and Safeboxes. I have all of the Mythic items completed. I will be attempting to collect those leads but I only have so much patience to dedicate towards it. Needless to say the only things I have not dug up already can fit on a single page. I have no desire nor time to re-do all of that on another toon, nor am I going to spend time collecting my 34th Nedic Wineskin, or 50th Skrimshaw Pendant. I will not be scrying or digging unless I get a new lead and because you did not take retro-active progress into account, I am a detriment to the community. One very easy way this could have been avoided would be to look at the achievements players already have. Like you did for the Summerset event.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno I noticed it when harvesting nodes in Blackreach. I didn't test other forms of loot drops in Blackreach.

I'm seeing this too - Greymoor Caverns; have not tested other parts of Blackreach. Normal resource node rewards only, not doubled. This affects ALL resource node types: ore/jewelry, wood/cloth/herbalist drops, mushrooms, etc. PC/EU and also PC/NA
    Update: the Dwemer Colossus boss just dropped a purple reward box for me, so that part of the event seems to be working ok. A chest in the Midnight Barrow delve also gave me a purple Box of Grey Host Pillage. So it's probably just resource nodes that are bugged.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 23, 2020 10:39PM
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    You would think that after all these years and all these events, ZOS would be better at explaining the finer points of these events. So many grey areas when it comes to the details of "what" and "how". I could see if it was just a hint of future events to prevent spoilers, but the event starts in 4 days and everything is unclear as to how to achieve the goals.

I don't think they are "bad" at this. Its left intentionally vague so as to give them flexibility in how they want the progress meter to move. They could easily just change the % that it increments at the end of the day based on the rate of involvement an the target of the end of event. If they gave us the real number, then people achieved it too quickly it could end up counter-productive for ZoS.

We have no information about how this works other than "go dig stuff and wait for us to update the meter on the web page." It seems the updates aren't tracked anywhere near realtime (even once per hour would be acceptable).

The meter says 33% for 1st tier. But 33% of what? We have no idea. Is that 33% of 100,000 excavations? 33% of 1,000,000 excavations? It would be nice to get some facts from ZoS on this.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Blackreach -Greymoor Caverns supposed to have double node yield? Edit I should read first!

The herbalist satchel giving just one flower, the crimson nirnroot node just 1 nirnroot, mushroom nodes just 1 mushrom. 3 ore from rubedite node.

Torn Cloth = 4 ancestor silk, 3 ancestor silk
    Scrap wood = 3 ruby ash

PC/NA
    Edited by Mix on September 23, 2020 7:34PM
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The tracker page states that "Horror Within Markings" is unlocked at 33%. Could you tell us what exactly is this a percentage of? Is this a percentage of some number of succesfull excavations? If so, what is the number for 100%?

Thank you.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tracker page states that "Horror Within Markings" is unlocked at 33%. Could you tell us what exactly is this a percentage of? Is this a percentage of some number of succesfull excavations? If so, what is the number for 100%?

They won't tell you. They didn't say for Summerset or for Elsweyr, and I doubt that they will for this.

A cynical person would postulate that this is deliberate, so that the goalpost can be moved as necessary to achieve the desired end result (since failure to reach 100% would be a bit of a PR/marketing disaster).

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭

They won't tell you. They didn't say for Summerset or for Elsweyr, and I doubt that they will for this.

A cynical person would postulate that this is deliberate, so that the goalpost can be moved as necessary to achieve the desired end result (since failure to reach 100% would be a bit of a PR/marketing disaster).

Agreed on all counts except the "PR disaster part". It all depends on how its framed and how expectations are set. I noted above my ask the same thing regarding goalpost moving.

I just want ZoS to either give an answer or say they will not tell us. Since some seem to think this is an oversight and not deliberate. Of course ignoring my request confirms my thoughts too. :)

The other issue which I mentioned is fear of the community completing it too quick. I think this is a bigger issue for ZoS. They do these to push product.

I know that other MMOs have succesfully done these with absolute values, instead of some % of an unknown quantity. They just have to be smart about setting the goal.

Personally I'd rather have a real number (even if set quite high) and the potential of the community not making it vs. a "adjustable" slider that gets handled at the end of each day based on rate of progress.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach definitely is not giving double crafting node drops. Can't speak for the rest as I didn't even get a chance to hit the Dwarven Colossus boss more than once so didn't get any drops at all from him.

Edit: I am getting Grey Host boxes from them, but still only one drop.
    Edited by ectoplasmicninja on September 23, 2020 8:55PM
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭

I did a Dungeon run through Stone Garden around noon today and did not get double drops. I did get a coffer. Is that intended?
  • bmcxp
    bmcxp
    ✭✭✭
    The Antiquity progress site; https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/losttreasures
    is not updating, is it in real time or once per day?
    Member of the ESO Realm
    Castellan of Guild Medieval

(@BMCXP)
    Nevaehtwo, & Nerata Oaken-Shield, Professions Master, Explorer
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Why does the bar on the progress scale on this Event Progress Web Page show progress when the event has not started?

I know it says 0% but why show any progress on the bar?

rcnwrwrhcu8l.png

It still shows 0% on the bar and that's after it's been going on a few hours. So either the progress bar is not updated very often, it's going to be the grind to end all grinds, or something is broken.