The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Multi-rider mount as a passenger makes your character get locked/banned

Necoriban
Necoriban
✭✭
As title says.

I was exploring Markarth for over an hour, no problems.

I decide to explore the rest of the Reach, so i mount my brother's mount as a passenger. After no more than 5 minutes i get kicked out from the server. now my character is locked and i can't join anymore.

Edited by Necoriban on September 21, 2020 11:11PM
Do you know how long i've been looking for you?
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFL they can't even get the reason why rapids was changed to work properly. Smooth move.
  • Necoriban
    Necoriban
    ✭✭
    It seems i'm not the only one who reported this.

This discussion is from 2 months ago:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/538621/error-326-6-3-1084-2-character-is-currently-locked
    And of course nothing has been done.

Riding the multi-rider mount as a passenger gets your character banned. this is a serious issue. don't ignore this.

Edited by Necoriban on September 21, 2020 10:56PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NM
    Edited by kojou on September 21, 2020 10:58PM
    Playing since beta...
  • Necoriban
    Necoriban
    ✭✭
    It is since that mount is only on the PTS.

And this section has the purpose of reporting PTS problems before they get live.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder what bug it's tripping on? Maybe speed hack since it doesn't register the passenger as mounted?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Necoriban
    Necoriban
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I wonder what bug it's tripping on? Maybe speed hack since it doesn't register the passenger as mounted?

Probably.

I think it's because as a passenger you are not pressing any key to move, yet you are moving. So it get registered as flying/teleporting or something.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question, do you have to be in party to join someone else's mount. Can a random people hitch you?
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Necoriban
    Necoriban
    ✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    Question, do you have to be in party to join someone else's mount. Can a random people hitch you?

Yes you need to be in a group, or the option to mount doesn't appear.
    Maybe being a friend works too.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even better, can I "pick someone up" and put them on my mount? All aboard the Ban Wagon!
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great!
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am thinking more that it think they are bird close together.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necoriban wrote: »

Probably.

I think it's because as a passenger you are not pressing any key to move, yet you are moving. So it get registered as flying/teleporting or something.
    Makes sense, passenger are moving without input so something fishy is up.
    The anti cheat system is an separate module who was not updated for this mount.

Even better, can I "pick someone up" and put them on my mount? All aboard the Ban Wagon!
    No you have to be in group and assume other has to activate you somehow.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, confirming we've seen this and are looking into it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... does that mean no 3 seat Wamasu then?

Guess i'll GTFO...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We've temporarily disabled this mount as we continue to test some potential fixes, and want to prevent situations where your character can continue getting locked. We'll post in the patch notes when the mount has been re-enabled on the PTS.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    ROFL they can't even get the reason why rapids was changed to work properly. Smooth move.

Would be better if they just returned Rapid Maneuver to requiring "Assault 2" instead.

That would make me restore my subscription.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭