Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The whole game system is useless or that I 'm getting to play without him ?

• HardyHero
    HardyHero
    Enfinityx wrote: »
    Can we all be adults here and accept that English is probably not his or her first language and just address the issues he's written about? That'd be nice.

Thanks for the concern Enfinityx. :)
    I can read English but can not write very well, so sometimes I use translators.
    Probably no one here would do well trying to write in my native language.
    But many understand me and answered my questions.

:D
    Be a person of whom the world is not worthy.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I make all my own armor and weapons with Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and Clothing. The things I find are rarely, if ever, better than what I craft because I can get two set bonuses from my crafted stuff. The set bonuses give me a pretty big boost (right now I have one that reduces my spell cost by 3% all around, and another that will knock enemies back when I get below 35% health). On top of the set bonuses they also have traits I like and enchantments I prefer to help me better distribute stats so that I'm not overcharged on just one thing. All the items I craft are green, I've been saving my blue+ mats for when I get to Veteran stuff, and I replace my armor set about every six levels (which is once every few days). I've been doing this since around 25, and am 38 now. Needless to say I find crafting very useful while leveling.

For provisioning, yeah, if you collect all the mats you end up not having enough space. Provisioning though, is extremely easy to level.. and no one says you have to pick up all the mats. What I do is basically look at the recipes I have for my level, look at the one I want to craft, and only pick up stuff for that recipe. Saves a ton of bag space.

Don't know what you're talking about market-wise. Potions usually sell for 1-2 gold each, but items I pick up go for 20-50 gold each depending. Not really anywhere close to each other. You get so many items to vendor that if they sold for any more than that you'd be rolling in cash (if you weren't already, which I'm assuming you are as you're also complaining about what to spend gold on).

As far as the economy goes.. I use gold for more stuff than you, because I buy things from other players. If I'm missing a provisioning ingredient, and have over-leveled the zone it drops in.. I buy some from other people. If I want to upgrade an item to green quality but don't have the mats, I buy some from other people. If I'm missing a recipe for the stats I want, I'll buy that from other people. Or trait gear to research... or just plain old crafting stuff in general (cotton/jute/ores).

So.. I disagree that stuff is poorly integrated. About the only thing I'd change is to add a native text search option to the guild stores so people don't have to download an addon for it.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    You keep using the word "evolve" while only level 23. The point is you are ONLY LEVEL 23. You really haven't "evolved" anything at that level. Apparently your crafting is only marginal at best for you to be getting better gear from quests (in the 20's it's pretty much green gear with bad stats...more for vendor fodder or crafting deconstruction with an occasional blue item) so it tells me that you have few points invested to make better quality items. Then you have the research for the items you craft that you will need to research 3-4 items to make one decent item...probably not there yet either, right? So if these things all apply you are not "evolving" you are just making people's heads hurt.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HardyHero wrote: »
    The only thing that is absurd is your post tbh. You are level 23 and claim that crafting economy etc makes no difference in this game hit endlevel then come back with your feedback sheesh.

Realy... I need to end the game to system make sense?
    You mean, to who is playing and has no maximum level, the game system does not have to make sense?
    No, crafting works well in fitting in gaps in the armor you have, say you are level 28 and have an level 22 belt, so you make an level 28 belt temper it to green and add an enchant.
    You need to expand the crafting so you can make stuff at your level,also research traits.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭

1 - BLACKSMITHING
    Conclusion : never use the items I build because the other NPCs always give me much better .
    • I am a level 10 Blacksmith and everything I make is better than quest items as long as I have the regents to improve the item. I just made a sword last night that is blue and does over 50 damage.

3 - PROVISIONING
    I learned dozens of recipes . But there's always some ingredient missing .
    You can not save all the ingredients . There is not enough space.
    The work it takes to collect all material, save for later , when you have a recipe to build this item for me , not worth it .
    • True. But my next bank increase is over 25k so I'm not sure if you have expanded your bank enough. The only real way I can keep everything that I want to keep is to have ALTS hold similar items.

4 - ENCHANTING
    How many total enchants can apply an item ?
    I was told that some devices allow up to 2 .
    Is that right?
    • If you find an item with a lock on it, I've read that you can enchant it with a second effect.

5 - CLOTHIER
    I believe it is more useful to mages or light / medium equipment .
    I do not use them .
    • Yes, they are for people that want spell regen or stamina bonuses. Did you want to say something other than you do not use light and medium clothing items?

7 - MARKET
    Until now , any item I sell , used or not , is worth almost the same as a potion .
    You can have a TOP equipment , much better than those sold .
    And the market does not pay you anything for it.
    I do not use the market for anything too, just to sell a few things that are taking up too much space.
    • Since there is no public market I am assuming you mean a trade guild market. Since everyone can choose to make anything they want, you need to sell something that others cannot make, such as the really nice BLUE food and drinks that give two effects.

8 - GENERAL ECONOMY
    So what I'm going to use gold ?
    • To buy weapon and armor enchantments? To buy a new horse? To give to newbies to help people? You need to find your own reasons for the gold but if you are happy to have enough gold to repair your gear, isn't that all that matters? You being happy!

Do you understand ?
    • No, not really. You didn't actually make sense. Sorry.

• TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    If your crafting is not better than drops you are getting from NPC's, then you are not really crafting. At best you have just dabbled in crafting and made only the most basic of equipment.

I do agree that provisioning uses up to much space, though.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 35 and some crafted gear is better than npc drops/quest rewards, some not, but from my understanding, you'll want to keep leveling your blacksmithing for endgame crafted gear ;)
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero
    You keep using the word "evolve" while only level 23. The point is you are ONLY LEVEL 23. You really haven't "evolved" anything at that level. Apparently your crafting is only marginal at best for you to be getting better gear from quests (in the 20's it's pretty much green gear with bad stats...more for vendor fodder or crafting deconstruction with an occasional blue item) so it tells me that you have few points invested to make better quality items. Then you have the research for the items you craft that you will need to research 3-4 items to make one decent item...probably not there yet either, right? So if these things all apply you are not "evolving" you are just making people's heads hurt.

The RaZaddha post explained what is happening in my situation.
    The way I'm playing is finish region by region and end up facing NPCs stronger than me.
    That always makes the dropped items better than I build.
    And even if I evolve more and more my level of blacksmithing, I have to level up to use some equipment... and this equipment ... I'm already getting to the NPCs.
    But anyway, I'll continue to evolve the blacksmithing.
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭

The way I'm playing is finish region by region and end up facing NPCs stronger than me.
    And even if I evolve more and more my level of blacksmithing, I have to level up to use some equipment... and this equipment ... I'm already getting to the NPCs.

So you plan on always being one to two steps behind? That doesn't make a lot of sense...you complain hat the dropped gear is better but don't bother...ahhh...why do I bother?
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero

So you plan on always being one to two steps behind? That doesn't make a lot of sense...you complain hat the dropped gear is better but don't bother...ahhh...why do I bother?

No.
    I was experiencing this difficulty and thought it was a problem of the game system.
    So some people explained to me what was probably happening.
    Based on the help of these people, I will check in what situations I'll change my style of play to enjoy more of what the game offers.
    If you have some tips or advice, I appreciate it. I need these tips and advice. :)
  • Danariel
    Danariel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm one of those who does all the quests I can find in a zone prior to moving on. I usually end up about 2 levels higher than the last quests in the zone/first quests in the next zone.

I ran around Cyrodiil and gathered a bunch of skyshards, and I always make sure I get ALL the skyshards from a given zone. I currently (at level 30) have 70 spent skill points, and 28 of them are in crafting. I research or break everything down that I find, which helps level crafting, and gives me tempers/tannins to upgrade my crafted gear.

Just last night I made a set of Torug's Pact Medium Armor/Bow/Dagger/Sword (requires 3 traits known per piece.) 3 pieces gives me an additional 100 armor, and 5 pieces give me -1 sec on weapon enchantment cooldown. My Bow trait is Powered, which gives me -40% to weapon enchantment cooldown as well. I upgraded everything I could to blue (helm and belt are green, didn't have quite enough embroidery.) My gear at level 30 is equivalent to level 36 white crafted gear, or level 38 white found gear. I'm overcharged on Armor by about 50 points (could replace the blue ring I have that gives me 170 armor, I guess, but the overcharge will probably go away when I get to 31 or 32.) I usually have the upgrade mats to make a new set green every 4 levels or so, but shouldn't need to make a new set for 6 levels with it almost all blue. I use the armor traits Impenetrable and Well-Fitted mostly, with 1 health enchant, 3 Stamina, and 3 Magicka. With blue crafted food giving me both Stam and Mag, I can take down 3+ groups that include a * boss pretty easily.

In most games, I have detested crafting. ESO though makes it fun and rewarding (to ME, and my guild members.) I like having a set of armor that looks like a set - as in, it's all Altmer armor, with Bosmer weapons, and the same color leather. What you get when you settle for found armor is a mish-mash (pr mis-match) of styles which don't usually look good together. Yes, you can wear a disguise to cover it, if you find one that appeals to you.
    Mara's Tester, Psijic Order Tester
    Danariel Van'nari (Warden), Danariel (Templar), Danariel Moonbow (Nightblade), Danariel Stormborn (Sorceress)
    The Old Timer's Guild, Mara's Moxie, The Psijic Order, Arrow and Knee Cafters
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post actually makes sense if you read it with the Drunk Uncle voice from SNL.

Holy cow I lol'd a ton

• wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is you that the content out level you so you dontt need crafting. For people that outlevel the content you will eventually craft an item or two. Anyway, item at lower level are meant to be replace constantly.
  • rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kendaric wrote: »
    Huh?
    Crafted items are at least as good and in most cases better than what you get from questing alone. Also, quest rewards/drops can be upgraded via crafting just like items you crafted yourself.
    Crafted food/drinks are vastly superior when you have blue/purple recipes. Same goes for potions.

That's exactly what I think or imagine.
    But ... so far the opposite has happened to me.
    All items we got with the drops are much better than the items I made.
    As much as I evolve, for example, blacksmithing, NPCs drop better items yet.
    So I think "for what I need the blacksmithing?"
    I thought I would use blacksmithing to build equipment that I would use in fights. But I build and NPCs drop better equipment.

LOL are you even upgrading your gear past the green lvl? no duh an items that is blue froma npc will be better than your greens you crafted and I would hope are level appropriate
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that is absurd is your post tbh. You are level 23 and claim that crafting economy etc makes no difference in this game hit endlevel then come back with your feedback sheesh.

Realy... I need to end the game to system make sense?
    You mean, to who is playing and has no maximum level, the game system does not have to make sense?

Welcome to the MMOs, lvl 23 newbie...

Offtopic: I cant believe the amount of newbies this game has XD its almost funny XD
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    OP is pretty much spot on in my opinion, however, I'm still undecided as to whether or not it's a bad thing or a good thing. Basically the game plays like a single player game that a bunch of people are playing at the same time, for now I kinda like that, but I imagine I might get bored with it as well.

What I'm trying to do, unlike nearly every other MMO I've played, is just sit back and enjoy the ride. I'm in no hurry. I play with my friend and we talk on skype and always have fun when playing together. When he's not on, I solo on an alt and just chill.

Above all else the game is quite beautiful, so I definitely take time to smell the roses.
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    Provisioning, enchanting, and alchemy are kind of useless I agree. But blacksmithing, woodworking, and clothing? I have made some awesome stuff way better than quest rewards and world drops with those. Are you using the items to increase their quality to greens, blues, purples, and even legendary golds? If not, there is the problem. But you are right abotu provisioning and enchanting, too many damn mats. And alchemy I seem to make nothing useful. Health, stam, and mana pots sure, but the boon pots suck, they last for 10 seconds and have terrible effects. I still level it in hopes of it getting better at some point, but right now alchemy does suck pretty bad.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting is very useful actually. Its highly debatable whether or not dropped VR10 set items are actually better due to them having better enchants than we can make, but you can get exactly what you want instead of relying on RNG to get a full set of gear with infused or mundus stone traits. Not to mention the crafted set bonus pieces you can make.

As far as money goes, its only useful for a few things really. Making gear, buying/upgrading horses, repairing, and upgrading bank and inventory slots. It is what it is. Im sure theyll add more money sinks later in the game. For now, youre only level 23, enjoy the game or dont play.