Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The whole game system is useless or that I 'm getting to play without him ?

HardyHero
HardyHero
Based on in MY STYLE of play and I have played so far.
I have a dragonnigth at lvl 23 . But how far things were a bit repetitive , I believe it to be so until level 50 .
I'm still not playing PVP .
All I needed was through NPCs and quests .
I did not need to buy anything.

1 - BLACKSMITHING
It's a skill that I have more evolved . And it is useless.
All items that can build are worse than those that can through the NPCs in quests .
I used Taits , enchants , etc and the NPCs always give some better equipment.
Conclusion : never use the items I build because the other NPCs always give me much better .

2 - WOODWORKING
It's exactly the same case as the blacksmithing . Why should I invest in woodworking are all items that the NPCs or quests give me better?

3 - PROVISIONING
I learned dozens of recipes . But there's always some ingredient missing .
You can not save all the ingredients . There is not enough space.
The work it takes to collect all material, save for later , when you have a recipe to build this item for me , not worth it .

4 - ENCHANTING
How many total enchants can apply an item ?
I was told that some devices allow up to 2 .
Is that right?

5 - CLOTHIER
I believe it is more useful to mages or light / medium equipment .
I do not use them .

6 - ALCHEMY
This I use to make potions , because the price of potions on the market is pathetic.
I doubt that most buy something in the market .

7 - MARKET
Until now , any item I sell , used or not , is worth almost the same as a potion .
You can have a TOP equipment , much better than those sold .
And the market does not pay you anything for it.
I do not use the market for anything too, just to sell a few things that are taking up too much space.

8 - GENERAL ECONOMY
I'm just using gold for 3 things .
- Train the horses
- Repair equipment
- Buy more bank space and bag .
'm Playing , evolving and getting items TOPs almost without using any game system .
If I were rich in game, I would not have where to spend the money .
Everything that is sold is worse than what the NPCs are giving .
I have TOPs items , I can not use because they are beyond my level .
So what I'm going to use gold ?

Do you understand ?
The way I'm playing , I'm able to do everything without problems and crafting and market system is just to exist .
The economy is absurd and crafting does not give any advantage from what I played so far.

You agree that the systems are not integrated and are somewhat useless , or that I 'm getting to play well and I'm having luck with the NPCs ?
Edited by HardyHero on April 21, 2014 8:25PM
Be a person of whom the world is not worthy.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh?
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
    The only thing that is absurd is your post tbh. You are level 23 and claim that crafting economy etc makes no difference in this game hit endlevel then come back with your feedback sheesh.
    By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I understand?

No. Not even a little. Maybe you'd be better served in one of the foreign-language forums?
    ----
    Murray?
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero
    The only thing that is absurd is your post tbh. You are level 23 and claim that crafting economy etc makes no difference in this game hit endlevel then come back with your feedback sheesh.

Realy... I need to end the game to system make sense?
    You mean, to who is playing and has no maximum level, the game system does not have to make sense?
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huh?
    Crafted items are at least as good and in most cases better than what you get from questing alone. Also, quest rewards/drops can be upgraded via crafting just like items you crafted yourself.
    Crafted food/drinks are vastly superior when you have blue/purple recipes. Same goes for potions.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • HardyHero
      HardyHero
      Kendaric wrote: »
      Huh?
      Crafted items are at least as good and in most cases better than what you get from questing alone. Also, quest rewards/drops can be upgraded via crafting just like items you crafted yourself.
      Crafted food/drinks are vastly superior when you have blue/purple recipes. Same goes for potions.

That's exactly what I think or imagine.
      But ... so far the opposite has happened to me.
      All items we got with the drops are much better than the items I made.
      As much as I evolve, for example, blacksmithing, NPCs drop better items yet.
      So I think "for what I need the blacksmithing?"
      I thought I would use blacksmithing to build equipment that I would use in fights. But I build and NPCs drop better equipment.
    • rawne1980b16_ESO
      rawne1980b16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The best gear in the game comes from crafting.

I'll just leave that there.
    • Coggage
      Coggage
      ✭✭✭✭
      Huh?

I outlevel my gear so often that it just isn't worth my time gathering resources and making stuff when after every dungeon and quest I emerge with lots of gear/weapons I can use to replace what I'm currently wearing.
    • S1D3FX
      S1D3FX
      ✭✭
      HardyHero wrote: »
      Based on in MY STYLE of play and I have played so far.
      I have a dragonnigth at lvl 23 . But how far things were a bit repetitive , I believe it to be so until level 50 .
      I'm still not playing PVP .
      All I needed was through NPCs and quests .
      I did not need to buy anything.

1 - BLACKSMITHING
      It's a skill that I have more evolved . And it is useless.
      All items that can build are worse than those that can through the NPCs in quests .
      I used Taits , enchants , etc and the NPCs always give some better equipment.
      Conclusion : never use the items I build because the other NPCs always give me much better .

2 - WOODWORKING
      It's exactly the same case as the blacksmithing . Why should I invest in woodworking are all items that the NPCs or quests give me better?

3 - PROVISIONING
      I learned dozens of recipes . But there's always some ingredient missing .
      You can not save all the ingredients . There is not enough space.
      The work it takes to collect all material, save for later , when you have a recipe to build this item for me , not worth it .

4 - ENCHANTING
      How many total enchants can apply an item ?
      I was told that some devices allow up to 2 .
      Is that right?

5 - CLOTHIER
      I believe it is more useful to mages or light / medium equipment .
      I do not use them .

6 - ALCHEMY
      This I use to make potions , because the price of potions on the market is pathetic.
      I doubt that most buy something in the market .

7 - MARKET
      Until now , any item I sell , used or not , is worth almost the same as a potion .
      You can have a TOP equipment , much better than those sold .
      And the market does not pay you anything for it.
      I do not use the market for anything too, just to sell a few things that are taking up too much space.

8 - GENERAL ECONOMY
      I'm just using gold for 3 things .
      - Train the horses
      - Repair equipment
      - Buy more bank space and bag .
      'm Playing , evolving and getting items TOPs almost without using any game system .
      If I were rich in game, I would not have where to spend the money .
      Everything that is sold is worse than what the NPCs are giving .
      I have TOPs items , I can not use because they are beyond my level .
      So what I'm going to use gold ?

Do you understand ?
      The way I'm playing , I'm able to do everything without problems and crafting and market system is just to exist .
      The economy is absurd and crafting does not give any advantage from what I played so far.

You agree that the systems are not integrated and are somewhat useless , or that I 'm getting to play well and I'm having luck with the NPCs ?

giphy.gif
    • Shimond
      Shimond
      ✭✭✭✭
      Was this put through a translator program or something?
    • Aevric
      Aevric
      ✭✭✭
      You must not have crafted any of the set items from the crafting stations out in the wild.
      Some of the bonuses for the sets + npc enchanter vendor bought enchants are quite nice.
      Not to mention that I doubt you collected full sets of armor and weapons from quests and drops every 2 levels... you can upgrade your crafted gear that often.
    • daneyulebub17_ESO
      daneyulebub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This post actually makes sense if you read it with the Drunk Uncle voice from SNL.
      This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
    • HardyHero
      HardyHero
      Coggage wrote: »
      Huh?

I outlevel my gear so often that it just isn't worth my time gathering resources and making stuff when after every dungeon and quest I emerge with lots of gear/weapons I can use to replace what I'm currently wearing.

Exactly!
      Coggage, thanks for understanding my point of view.
      In this way, systems of craft are "useless".
      I will not use my time and inventory space to build items that are lower than those NPCs drop.
      Also I will not use the market, with absurd prices, to buy an item that will replace the other free, much better.
      Are interesting, but what is the practical advantage of the market or evolve blacksmithing?
      I'm not saying it does not exist, but I could not understand why until now, since you get better items from NPCs, instead of buying or building.
    • the1andonlypzb14_ESO
      Are you improving your items with tempers?

No way the quest gear should be better ... and of course you have to make new gear as you level... what do you want? Make gear at level 10 and have it last till level 50?

C'mon now, let's be realistic.
    • Gedalya
      Gedalya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'll just leave this...

resized_ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-don-t-understand-therefore-aliens-29e979.jpg
      Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
    • hamletsbatb14_ESO
      hamletsbatb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      You have crafted gear, but have you improved it? I have managed to make some wonderful set pieces that I wore even after I outleveled them by 4-6 levels because I kept improving them until I reached the next tier.

<shrug>
    • HardyHero
      HardyHero

No way the quest gear should be better ... and of course you have to make new gear as you level... what do you want? Make gear at level 10 and have it last till level 50?

What happens is this:

- I build an outfit top with the best materials, with traits and enchantment
      - Use it to kill a few NPCs
      - Suddenly the NPCs drop a much better equipment than my (sometimes up to a level that I can not use)

And it happens all the time.
      I'm stopping to make my own equipment.

So I must come to the conclusion that I'm very lucky with the NPCs.
    • HardyHero
      HardyHero
      Aevric wrote: »
      You must not have crafted any of the set items from the crafting stations out in the wild.

I thought it was the same as crafting in villages.
      I'll try.
      Thank you!
    • Catches_the_Sun
      Catches_the_Sun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      HardyHero wrote: »

What happens is this:

- I build an outfit top with the best materials, with traits and enchantment
      - Use it to kill a few NPCs
      - Suddenly the NPCs drop a much better equipment than my (sometimes up to a level that I can not use)

And it happens all the time.
      I'm stopping to make my own equipment.

So I must come to the conclusion that I'm very lucky with the NPCs.

I'm going to assume since the mob is dropping an item too high for you to use, and you're comparing that item to the one you're already wearing, you're comparing apples to oranges. Crafted gear is better than dropped gear of the SAME level.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
      Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
      Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
      V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
      Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
    • HardyHero
      HardyHero
      Now I understand your point!
      So my blacksmithing skill should be more evolved, beyond the capacity of make items on my lvl.
      But the case is that the NPCs, drop better items more often than I can evolve blacksmithing.
      The NPCs are always dropping items that are top for my lvl.
      I'm getting better items from NPCs even before I can build these items.
    • HardyHero
      HardyHero
      Shimond wrote: »
      Was this put through a translator program or something?

Yes, sorry.
      Some things I can write, but for some others, I use the help of a translator.
    • Rourke
      Rourke
      God I love these threads, lol.
    • Willow
      Willow
      ✭✭✭
      I am crying here I am laughing so hard. I hope you get your answer op and really I am not laughing at you in any way.

This thread is just golden though.
      Edited by Willow on April 21, 2014 10:03PM
    • RaZaddha
      RaZaddha
      ✭✭✭
      You must be doing overleveled content, I complete every zone before moving to the next, so I'm always overleveled and the drops are pretty much equal or worse than my current crafted white armor because they are lower level. I craft my armor set every two levels because it breaks easily, I'm a melee tank so I'm always taking damage.
    • Enfinityx
      Enfinityx
      Can we all be adults here and accept that English is probably not his or her first language and just address the issues he's written about? That'd be nice.
      Lady Novà - Wood Elf Templar - American Megaserver
    • Willow
      Willow
      ✭✭✭
      Enfinityx wrote: »
      Can we all be adults here and accept that English is probably not his or her first language and just address the issues he's written about? That'd be nice.

So do you have any advice for the op cause that would be nice and would help with the issue he/she has written about and all. ;)

Edited by Willow on April 21, 2014 10:07PM
    • Enfinityx
      Enfinityx
      Willow wrote: »
      Enfinityx wrote: »

So do you have any advice for the op cause that would be nice and would help with the issue he/she has written about and all. ;)
      No, I'm pretty new to the game as well. Doesn't mean I can't post on his behalf for the lack of tolerance when it comes to his post and how he wrote it.

Lady Novà - Wood Elf Templar - American Megaserver
    • Delte
      Delte
      ✭✭✭
      I make all my own armour and weapons with blacksmithing, clothing and woodwork. As well as brew my own potions because they are all better than what I find in quests or loot drops.

Tonight for instance I have just made a full set of green level 30 medium armour with two set bonuses on it along with dual daggers and a bow all level 30 and green with enchantments. This will last me till level 35/36 where I will then look to make a new set.

All the dropped loot and rewarded loot I either deconstruct or research because its rubbish for my character.

Not once have I bought any potions and the ones I find in drops or loot I sell for gold because I can make better potions. How about having a potion that can restore magicka, stamina and add a bonus to weapon power/ critical chance?
      Or even a single potion that will restore health, magicka and stamina in one shot?
      No dropped or looted potions will do that for you.

I also get a kick out of making all my equipment and feels it adds to my gameplay and enjoyment of the game. TESO is one of those MMO's where crafting has a real meaning behind it and I am pleased about this.

As for gold I buy and sell items in the guild stores and use it for upgrades. No need to buy any weapons or armour/ potions from any npc because my equipment is tailor made and is far better and cheaper.

At the moment my armour and weapons gives me an extra 10% to healing from any source and a 5% chance to cast spells without using magicka.
    • HardyHero
      HardyHero
      RaZaddha wrote: »
      You must be doing overleveled content, I complete every zone before moving to the next, so I'm always overleveled and the drops are pretty much equal or worse than my current crafted white armor because they are lower level. I craft my armor set every two levels because it breaks easily, I'm a melee tank so I'm always taking damage.

Hmmm ... that would explain my situation.
      If you play this way I'm playing, you will notice that you will not use the blacksmithing. It becomes unnecessary.
      So I'm playing in a way that crafiting system seems useless , but it is not.
      This solves my questioning. :)

Tks RaZaddha!
    • Zorak
      Zorak
      ✭✭✭
      I agree that the economy is strange and the gold is useless besides repair, upgrade horses and bags/bank space.