The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't log in to support portal - refund request.

giladmitraniprerb18_ESO
Hi,
I wanted to come back to the game after several years, bought Greymoor upgrade and i feel cheated.
1) no necromancer class - main reason i even considered getting the upgrade
2) no morrowind, nor any other expansion other than greymoor

now i can't even play with my girlfriend who got the standard edition and her characters start in morrowind.
what the hell?!
  • giladmitraniprerb18_ESO
    6isxhbv4zvbq.png
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to point out that you can absolutely play with your girlfriend in the zones you both have access to. You are not restricted to the starting zone after completing the tutorial.
    Also there's a difference between "edition" which is full game including base and "upgrade" which is only the latest chapter.
    thank you for the reply.
    However that is hugely misleading.
    why would i get the "edition" when i already had the base game from 6 years ago when it was released?!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for the reply.
    However that is hugely misleading.
    why would i get the "edition" when i already had the base game from 6 years ago when it was released?!
    Because it doesn't say anywhere that upgrade includes other chapters, and it's reasonable to do a bit of research to see what exactly includes what?
    Also, edition may end up cheaper than buying the chapter upgrade, and all the chapter zone DLCs and classes and whatever else got separated after they go into the crown store.
    i respect your opinion on the matter,
    yet I'll wait for a response from staff.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime, you should get an Online Support ticket going, @giladmitraniprerb18_ESO. Be sure to list the ticket number in your thread here.

To summarize your issue:

You bought the Greymoor Upgrade instead of the Greymoor Standard Edition ... and you’d like to pay the difference to move up to the Standard Edition and get access to the other content you mentioned.

Correct?

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 20, 2020 2:40PM
    either paying the difference, or refunding the entire thing and sticking to standard would be fine by me.
    this in-between is hell.

I did the "account recovery" questionnaire they ask you to do if you can't log in to support
    did not even receive a confirmation email, i have no way to track this issue

forum was my last resort.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @giladmitraniprerb18_ESO

After going through the account recovery process, did you get a ticket number that we can check on?

If so, please feel free to post the ticket number in this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    not that i've noticed.
    @ZOS_BillE I got a reply from the customer support. but i have no idea how to reply to them now.
    reply to the email?
    i don't have an account for that site.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_Adrikoth

Issue with support portal was quite a surprise.
    Customer support people told me to "open ports 80, 443" on my firewall :D
    so yeah, that wasn't helpful at all.

I dug into the authentication request in the support portal and viola there were two things that I saw.
    1) failure to log in to support portal was caused by my password having special characters that were URL encoded on the client and were probably not decoded by the server before authenticating my request.
    Specifically the < character.
    Changing my password solved the issue.
    Lets be reminded that:
    * I was able to log in to the game
    * I was able to log in to the crown store
    * The only place i wasn't able to log in, was the support portal.
    Thus it is clear as day that the issue could definitely not be on my end, and surely not ports 80,443 on my firewall.

2) During authentication My credentials: username and password were sent as CLEAR TEXT over the internet for ANY prying eye to pick up and steal my account

TL;DR:
    Support portal log in exposes customer's credentials as part of the authentication request URL query parameters

To anyone who is reading this, do NOT log in to support portal until this issue is addressed and fixed.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @giladmitraniprerb18_ESO

Please check your forum inbox as I've sent you a PM regarding your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post