Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Achievement Points Account Wide

Iron_Blurr
Iron_Blurr
✭✭✭✭
Make achievements account wide so you dont have to stress about which character you get an achievement on.
Provide incentives for grinding and increase replay value by tracking the number of times a character has met the criteria for that achievement.
For example track the number of times a player has completed a normal or veteran trial by having the named achievement display a number next to it. For harder achievements like Gryphon Heart it can track the number of times you have met the criteria for that achievement.
Make it so you only get the achievement points for the first time you get the achievement but let the game still track the stats for how many times you met the achievements requirements.
Edited by Iron_Blurr on September 12, 2020 8:51PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh not this again.

No thanks. Have an account summary accessed from the character selection screen showing who has done what by all means, and introduce some new account-wide achievements if you must, but leave characters to progress individually through the game. The game at present has a decent balance between account-wide stuff like CPs and collections, and character-specific things like most achievements. Not everybody wants to play the game the same with multiple characters, some like to tackle things differently, so that a lawful good character doesn't want to be saddled with another character's Thieves Guild achievements, for example.
    Options
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account wide achievments make alot of sense, especially for all the collect and mass achievments that require to do X for Y times. Many ppl with more than one character end up with half the Achievment on each character. They would also make alot of sense for vet achievments, because it would alow doing them on the not main character if its easier for team composition.
    Tandor wrote: »
    Not everybody wants to play the game the same with multiple characters, some like to tackle things differently, so that a lawful good character doesn't want to be saddled with another character's Thieves Guild achievements, for example.

Yeah because RP players look constantly on their Achievments to make sure they never do certain things.

Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about “no”.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why? so a if your in crag you can link an Achievement to get into a trial you have never run on that character or role? this should NEVER be considered as an option. far to many ppl with "carry's" getting into groups with no clue what to do as it is. this suggestion will only make it worse
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account wide achievement will encourage me to play alts. I wouldn't have to worry about which toon is working toward a specific achievement when I want to do a dungeon or other activity.

While some achievements lend themselves to character specific, many are just not feasible to be completed on each toon. Once you have achievements that just can't be reasonably completed on every toon, you push achievement hunters to one "main" toon in order to hunt those achievements, which limits their character choices.

ESO has been set up for a long time now to be very alt friendly. Dailies being per toon. CP being account wide. Achievements go against that theme and it feels a bit odd.
    Edited by redspecter23 on September 12, 2020 9:38PM
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why? so a if your in crag you can link an Achievement to get into a trial you have never run on that character or role? this should NEVER be considered as an option. far to many ppl with "carry's" getting into groups with no clue what to do as it is. this suggestion will only make it worse

If I've cleared vSS on my Templar, are you suggesting that I have no clue how to clear it on my nightblade?

If your concern is about carries, then an achievement (on any toon) loses all meaning anyway.
    Options
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look if you get some hard achievement like Godslayer i think you should have it be on your account not character. It makes no sense for it to be only on a character. Maybe the achievement can show which character you got it on and the date and number of times you met those requirements so RP'ers dont have to worry about achievements on toons they dont want them on.
    What if one day you want to delete a character to make another? Should your accomplishments be deleted along with it? Or should they stay with YOU the player who earned them?
    Options
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people ask for achieves for crag raids? And how do you know they aren't on a new role? Someone could have completely retooled a character from a heals to a tank and still link that same achieve.

Maybe a couple you could make an argument for not sharing (but come on its an achieve not a skill unlock or skill point) but a load of achieves - fishing, gathered X amount of mats, crafted so many shiny things.....hard hitting raid achieves right there.

But most importantly, how would achieve sharing harm you?
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Account wide achievement will encourage me to play alts.

how? surely the reason to play Alts is to get achievements and finish quest? if you already on all accounts what would be the incentive to play other Alts? think you just shot ya self in the foot there
    Options
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭

People already do carries with or without this change.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how? surely the reason to play Alts is to get achievements and finish quest? if you already on all accounts what would be the incentive to play other Alts? think you just shot ya self in the foot there

Say I'm working on trifecta achievements on my main, a tank. I have no death and speed, but still need hard mode. There is a group running hard mode, but they already have a tank. Account wide achievements would allow me to join that group on an alt, work toward my achievement and assist the group. As it's set up now, I can still help them on an alt, but now my trifecta progress is split between two toons.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thank you. This one likes to achieve things on his alts, that's why he has them.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I've cleared vSS on my Templar, are you suggesting that I have no clue how to clear it on my nightblade?

If your concern is about carries, then an achievement (on any toon) loses all meaning anyway.

Depends, do they play the same role? Because just because you cleared something as a dd doesn't mean you know how to clear it as a tank.
    Options
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account wide achievement will encourage me to play alts. I wouldn't have to worry about which toon is working toward a specific achievement when I want to do a dungeon or other activity.

This, right here. Instead of going over the same boring dailies X amount of times for 1 character, do em once for the whole dang account.

Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends, do they play the same role? Because just because you cleared something as a dd doesn't mean you know how to clear it as a tank.

That doesn't matter in this context. I can clear it on a templar (as a healer), swap it to dps spec and link the achievement. I'm now in a group on a dps and have never cleared it on a dps before. The system isn't set up to link an achievement for a role, only for a toon in general.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Say I'm working on trifecta achievements on my main, a tank. I have no death and speed, but still need hard mode. There is a group running hard mode, but they already have a tank. Account wide achievements would allow me to join that group on an alt, work toward my achievement and assist the group. As it's set up now, I can still help them on an alt, but now my trifecta progress is split between two toons.

ok so your tank is decent you know your stuff....lets say that you join a group they hav a tank and healer you come in on a DPS never done that dungeon/trial before as a DPS not even done a parse and you suck because of it does your tanks achievement's warrant your place in the group? i would say a hard NO!
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok so your tank is decent you know your stuff....lets say that you join a group they hav a tank and healer you come in on a DPS never done that dungeon/trial before as a DPS not even done a parse and you suck because of it does your tanks achievement's warrant your place in the group? i would say a hard NO!

I think we're arguing two separate situations here. My example assumes that I'm competent on both tank and dps. I play them both well enough to qualify for the content. Perhaps I'm even running it with guildmates that are aware of my skill set ahead of time. My argument was that I personally would be encouraged to play my alt if the progress was account wide. I stand by this statement.
    Options
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thank you. This one likes to achieve things on his alts, that's why he has them.

You can still do that. It will say you got the achievement on

If you are trying to get a really hard achievement, you should be able to earn it for your account since it is YOU the player who earned it. There can be a compromise where it shows which character you got the achievement on so players can challenge themselves to still get them on every character. But what about for players that already got the achievement on that character? Why cant they continue to have their stats tracked so we can see how many times you get something on a character?
    Let's say you want master angler. Why cant it say master angler: 2 times on (This toon) and (That toon) or master angler: 2 on (this toon)
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That doesn't matter in this context. I can clear it on a templar (as a healer), swap it to dps spec and link the achievement. I'm now in a group on a dps and have never cleared it on a dps before. The system isn't set up to link an achievement for a role, only for a toon in general.

of coarse it matters, a tanks roll is very different to a DPS and very different to a healer, clearing content on one does not mean you are able or knowledgeable enough to run on an ALt
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

of coarse it matters, a tanks roll is very different to a DPS and very different to a healer, clearing content on one does not mean you are able or knowledgeable enough to run on an ALt

You're right, but it also has nothing to do with my original argument.

I am encouraged to play alts if achievements are account wide.

My personal skill level with any given role doesn't change the truth of that statement. It may change my success rate, but not my goal.
    Options
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are aware that you can easily use the achievment of another player because you can relink them?

Because there are many mass achievments that take alot of time? Killing all dolem bosses? Pickpoket of 1000 NPCs? Trophy Achievments? All the things that players with alts have finsihed to some degree over various characters but never get completed because you need all steps on a single character?

Also consider this: I have 3 friends. Iam a Tank. All 3 of them are DD Mains, but also have Healers. Now everyone wants to have the Vet Dungeon Achievments on their Main, but for some a Healer is needed. Now essentially we are doing it twice in different combinations. Having a single account Achievment would make it much more flexible.

Doesnt realy matter to begin with. You cleared it and you know how it works. Players ask about the Achievment that shows that you did it. It doesnt say how you did it. The person you get could still be a 30k DPS DD that just barely got through.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    put a DPS in a fully spec'd tank/healer with BIS gear and skills slotted and ask them to perform to the standard needed for the clear they got as a DPS........cant be done
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    put a DPS in a fully spec'd tank/healer with BIS gear and skills slotted and ask them to perform to the standard needed for the clear they got as a DPS........cant be done

Strawman
    Options
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Show on the achievement where is says I cleared this as a DPS, or tank
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, please! If your easy-mode Magblade got Flawless Conqueror that doesn't mean your rotten and dusty Stamden can have it too.

I know a lot, and I mean, a lot of people that change to meta constantly so they can complete things because they can't with other classes.

So no, leave Achievement Points as they are now, please.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think we're arguing two separate situations here. My example assumes that I'm competent on both tank and dps. I play them both well enough to qualify for the content. Perhaps I'm even running it with guildmates that are aware of my skill set ahead of time. My argument was that I personally would be encouraged to play my alt if the progress was account wide. I stand by this statement.

then do them on both! a tank is not a dps and vice versa
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    No, please! If your easy-mode Magblade got Flawless Conqueror that doesn't mean your rotten and dusty Stamden can have it too.

I know a lot, and I mean, a lot of people that change to meta constantly so they can complete things because they can't with other classes.

So no, leave Achievement Points as they are now, please.

What if the achievement and associated unlocks were account wide, but the linked achievement said specifically what class (or classes) earned it. That way, progress can track account wide, but concern about how one earned the achievement could be lessened.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »

You can still do that. It will say you got the achievement on

If you are trying to get a really hard achievement, you should be able to earn it for your account since it is YOU the player who earned it. There can be a compromise where it shows which character you got the achievement on so players can challenge themselves to still get them on every character. But what about for players that already got the achievement on that character? Why cant they continue to have their stats tracked so we can see how many times you get something on a character?
    Let's say you want master angler. Why cant it say master angler: 2 times on (This toon) and (That toon) or master angler: 2 on (this toon)

YOU may be the player but the role requires very different things from that player.........so still NO
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're right, but it also has nothing to do with my original argument.

I am encouraged to play alts if achievements are account wide.

My personal skill level with any given role doesn't change the truth of that statement. It may change my success rate, but not my goal.

yes it does change because your skill in each role is what determines your achievements!
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Strawman

that the best argument you have? "strawman" because you have no counter
    Options