Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Improvements Preview – Update 27

• Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please apply perormance improvements in the northern reaches of Cyrodiil, North of Bleakers to Dragonclaw, and all the way to King crest. You are guaranteed to hit a load screen traveling in that area, more so than any other part of the map.

Yesterday, a scroll runner was hit with a load screen that disconnected him; allowing the opposition faction to effectively kill an AFK player to capture the scroll.
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing that really needs to be hidden is an ally’s Maw of the Infernal. I feel bad for the trial tanks that have to see what’s going on through 8 of these friendly daedroths, and rendering that many additional pets can’t be good for performance.
    Another thing that really needs to be hidden is an ally’s Maw of the Infernal. I feel bad for the trial tanks that have to see what’s going on through 8 of these friendly daedroths, and rendering that many additional pets can’t be good for performance.

We REAAALLLLLY dont need to see procs that we really dont need to see.
  • Scrollup
    Scrollup
    ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping for steady improvement until it can be cross out from the laundry list :smile:

I like the Notes provided in the preview patch. ZOS will eventually figure it out.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U24,25,26 all failed... This is the first one that looks promising! Lets wait and see a month after release :)
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    PC EU

• DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

I doubt it. The performance continues to be abysmal. Yet the Greyhost server is still often full with long queues. It's really sending the wrong message. Personally, I only enter for the ROTW and get out. I can't understand how people are enjoying it. But, to each their own.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 16, 2020 12:47PM
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still has a suspicion that they reduced the population cap. Again.

It do not feel like we are 3*100 anymore. Which could explain the queues. They are not long, either, jumping from number 10 to inside map quickly
  • Drunkensot
    Drunkensot
    ✭✭
    Performance was terrible Saturday. Over one stretch of time in pve I was frozen/booted four or five times in a row. Ie booted, logged back on, played two seconds, frozen/booted, logged back on etc.

Of course there also was the typical pleasant experience of moving into a pvp battle and then freezing for five seconds, not being able to move, activate any purges, do anything, except watch as I am killed.

• ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know they all seem to me like loopholes to improve a game engine that not working in the right way .. it is better that ZOS focuses on creating a new engine that uses the gpu and not just the cpu and which of course has a better server management = new game :)
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wed 19th, Desyncs, freezing and teleporting mobs continues to plague me in overland/dungeons despite having a ping of 70~90. I had group members die to mobs that were apparently next to me and then the next instant chasing players all over sundry, either because they teleported or the taunt didn't apply despite stabbing the SoB several times to make sure...

As the tank that was most embarrassing :(
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    xbox eu after the "maintenance" i have spent the last 6 hours in cyrodiil, 11/2 of those hours has been spent either in endless load screens which is a better description than your you are in an unusually long load screen, I even left Bruma and had 3 one after the other and moved 4 paces, or i have been frozen trying to fast travel between keeps which then sends you to a black screen (obviously ZOS thinks us xbox players are missing out on the ps4 blue screen so have evened things up a bit) this of course means a restart which inevitably leads again to long loading screens,
    so i am left thinking that this performance improvement is going to need to be some kind of miracle otherwise this abysmal performance will carry on until in the end players will get so sick of inaction that the game will die :'(
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATM @vanderfell we and the other 10-12 people being @vivec city are probably having a blast while playing at 284 ping.
    I wonder what is the excuse this time.
    Its not peak traffic time.
    Its not even crowded in the said city
    It's just Friday noon (on what probably should be non playing hours for the most part of the EU) so not even the "weekenders add to lag" excuse will do.
    We are just there mostly doing daily writs...

So what is it again @ZOS?

Edited by KoultouraS on August 21, 2020 2:12PM
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was having fun playing. But then you nerfed my sorc. Do you guys mind buffing it back up please. Your nerf made it sad and ridiculous! I might as well play any toon,,,,,,, naked. Without food or pots. It's so sad. I crieded.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something’s up with the stamina. The horse and character are being depleted way too fast

Don’t know who to tag? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

• Raevin
    Raevin
    ✭✭✭
    So... performance is just as horrendous as it was before the patch but now game play is clunky too. How is it possible to go from worse to just ridiculous.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see absolutely no improvements in the "pre-login" times at all. I know changes WERE made, but [snip], this is like fourth update with performance improvements and I still can't see any of that stuff, and I would assume people with older computers (few years old quad core CPU here) would notice the biggest difference.

[Edit for censor bypass.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 24, 2020 8:14PM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait a couple days - today was launch day and launch days always lures a lot of players to see new content. We will see if there are any changes in "normal" days.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things never get better, only much worse. Worse is the new better.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, I am not sure what this patch brought but it has destroyed my frame rate in Cyrodiil.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, I am not sure what this patch brought but it has destroyed my frame rate in Cyrodiil.

Not just there, but trials are crazy bad too. I'm getting 20 fps or so, and it goes slide show with a lot of particle stuff on the screen.
  • EyelessCZ
    EyelessCZ
    ✭✭
    Really? I mean REALY?!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhBGTlkyncvXhq4J7m-Pjj7_zn5e4Q?e=z7vQlt

But I am not really surprised because posts about Bethesda/Zenimax (whoever is responsible) last success are everywhere. Here, discord, twitch.
    As I rememberd correctly, I found Daggerfall more reliable, sometimes hole between textures but everything worked, and thats 25 years I played it. Maybe thats why I have it installed on my other PC dedicated for those old games. To remember times when Brian Fargo came with slogan "By gamers to gamers". I am seriously worried that every success in gaming industry is in fact announcement of future failure.
    Edited by EyelessCZ on August 25, 2020 5:01AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EyelessCZ wrote: »

I see the new pet is available in the store. So that's working. What's the problem?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »

Not just there, but trials are crazy bad too. I'm getting 20 fps or so, and it goes slide show with a lot of particle stuff on the screen.

To be fair, based on the patch notes, the code changes in this area look to be massive, so I'm reserving the most of my rage for after the first incremental patch.
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I hope any of those will fix new bug twhere using gap-closer ability during high latency, i.e. primetime cyro will guarantee result in your charater to be desynced.

There is no bug in software, the program is marked with a source code and the program just do like it have been make to do !
    If a carpenter make your door and the door after fall outm the carpenter will have hard to explain it with a big, it is bad crafts.
    If a car mechanic make your car and the wheel fall off afterm you will not be satisfied or understand why the car mechanic explain to you, it is a bug.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • EyelessCZ
    EyelessCZ
    ✭✭
    PunkAben wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I hope any of those will fix new bug twhere using gap-closer ability during high latency, i.e. primetime cyro will guarantee result in your charater to be desynced.

There is no bug in software, the program is marked with a source code and the program just do like it have been make to do !
    If a carpenter make your door and the door after fall outm the carpenter will have hard to explain it with a big, it is bad crafts.
    If a car mechanic make your car and the wheel fall off afterm you will not be satisfied or understand why the car mechanic explain to you, it is a bug.

Well ... Yeah I think. But you have at least slight chance to get your money back. Insurance, warranty etc. What about everything I bought here in ESO? ZOS should return me all of my money back, so I can erase my existence from ESO servers with my mind clean and with no regrets. Imagine they return everything from microtransaction bussiness back to everybody!

Why? Because at your example about those craftsmans, they should and eventualy have been forced by court to do so as well. As an providers they have full responsibility which they can eventually split later among theirs suppliers. Its bussiness and responsibility. ZOS? Its bussiness. End of the line. And we as their customers, we should be happy with faulty product. Because we should enjoy their new content of broken promises.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, I was on PC EU this afternoon in Cyrodiil and for the first time in a long time, I was able to ride from Kingscrest to Arrius without a single load screen. I was :o . :)
    Intermittent Load Screens: It's a source of frustration for everyone when you're running around Tamriel and you're intermittently hit with short load screens. We've identified two areas where this behavior could occur. The first issue is a bug with streaming of scaled assets that are switching between LOD models and main models. This should go to the live servers with an upcoming U26 incremental. The second issue is regarding a bug that could cause the game to have much bigger physics streaming radius when a high view distance is selected, resulting in more loads than necessary. This fix will release with U27. We will be actively monitoring the live server metrics after U27 releases to determine if additional investigation and work is needed.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did performance decline for anyone else in general?

Skyreach is REALLY bad.

BGs seem to have lag/ability delay way more than usual.

Sorcs are... what is going on with their position...

Cyro is just so bad it is impossible
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    Did performance decline for anyone else in general?

Skyreach is REALLY bad.

BGs seem to have lag/ability delay way more than usual.

Sorcs are... what is going on with their position...

Cyro is just so bad it is impossible

No, you are not the only one.

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 26, 2020 12:20PM
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 27 has been a complete failure from a performance stand point. My guildies and I are all reporting reduced frames, higher ping, and constant bugs. While attempting the HM in stone garden, after resurrection post wipe, my guildies had no use of their abilities on 3 separate occasions. The only fix was to log out and back in.

Untauntable enemies due to abilities not firing, teammates teleporting around, getting stunned by AOE’s that we weren’t in, or even moving out of, the enemies spinning in circles, etc etc etc.

Also the trial instances, that you thought you would be reducing the frequency of, are now every single instance. We don’t even reset to try again. We know it doesn’t get any better.

This is ESO now, that much is evident.I mean, you are basically operating at full server capacity, at least on PC EU, so why bother.
    Edited by NeillMcAttack on August 27, 2020 9:48AM
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    you are saying something and showing a different thing
    ofc if you put cooldowns on skill you may improve performance but at what cost ? you are about to destroy pvp ! and what if it doesn't fix the problem ? whats next on you great performance plan ? you want to remove light attacks next ?
    if you want to improve performance just upgrade your servers
    you are ruining this game and disrespecting all the users that are subscribing and spending money.