The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Stone Garden] Access to the Vitalizer Control Rooms IS required

CyberOnEso
CyberOnEso
✭✭✭✭✭
For the speedrun, and probably the no- death/ trifecta achievement in Stone Garden you do need to kill the adds in the Vitalizer Control rooms to quality for the kill all encounters part of the achievement.
Even when the achievement specifically says you don't need access to the Vitalizer Control Rooms.

sVooH6C.png
@CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks @CyberOnEso, we're taking a look.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    We went back and took a look at this and weren't able to find the issue. The monsters in the Vitalizer Control rooms are not set to give credit for those achievements. Looking at the data, you need to kill all three bosses, all of the groups of monsters and the two Curators which appear along the way. We do this by awarding credit when the group of monsters, or the individual monsters in the case of the bosses and curators, dies. The monsters in the Vitalizer Rooms do not have the ability to fire this action on their death as its not attached to them.

To track down the issue could you describe what you did to get the achievement that failed and then what you did that was successful? Perhaps it was a situation of one of the monsters getting stuck which prevented you getting credit for killing that group of monsters.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey'a, thank you very much for your response, I really appreciate you looking into it.

We attempted to get the achievement on two separate runs.

Both times we killed all 3 bosses on non- hm.

On both times we pulled the Curators away from their original spawn position so we could make better use of the werewolf transform.
    We did kill both Curators and we did get the potion drops from both of them.

For the first time, we did not go into any vitalizer control room. We did not lock pick any door or kill any add inside those rooms.

Once we did not get the achievement we checked every room again and could not find anything alive, we weren't stuck in combat with anything.

On the second time we pulled the Curators away from their original spawn position and killed them in their werewolf form in a later room, we did not always take their synergy. However, on the second time, we did kill everything in the vitalizer control rooms, the bloodknights, and the durzogs.

On the second time we got the achievement. However, I can easily believe something got stuck in the wall and we just got unlucky the first time.

I again thank you very much for your time looking into this, I really do appreciate the communication.

Edited by CyberOnEso on August 24, 2020 6:12PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Ok, thanks, we will keeping looking at it in case there is something we aren't initially seeing.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We skipped the buffs and got the no-death with any issues. Unfortunately wasn't able to test speedrun because we missed it by 9 seconds. (For the record, I still think that Stone Garden's speed-run should match Castle Thorn's 30min limit.)
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • probo11
    probo11
    I dont think that it need to change. We got the trifecta with 6 minutes to spare without clearing the side rooms. So i think that 25 min is quite reasonable. It's nice to have a speedrun where you have to push for time ( like in sunspire)

And castle thorn is listed as 30 minutes but you have to do it in 25 minutes otherwise it doesnt count as speedrun.
    Edited by probo11 on August 25, 2020 11:29PM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    We skipped the buffs and got the no-death with any issues. Unfortunately wasn't able to test speedrun because we missed it by 9 seconds. (For the record, I still think that Stone Garden's speed-run should match Castle Thorn's 30min limit.)

The speedrun should be doable, you can save a lot of time by using killing the Curators much later along the path, having a person run ahead in the room before the first vitalizer control room, skipping the cutscene.

You can save the second curator to nuke down the 2 packs before the last boss, and if you are really quick with it you can get inside the last boss chamber with the werewolf behemoth form still active and skip having to take the potions from Gwendis, as you'll just remain in that form.

The biggest time save though is nuking the last boss from 100% - 60% and using the immunity frames provided from the potion to survive the adds, then killing them all in werewolf form. You can also do this same skip on the 60% - 20% phase. It's even easier without the poison.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »

The speedrun should be doable, you can save a lot of time by using killing the Curators much later along the path, having a person run ahead in the room before the first vitalizer control room, skipping the cutscene.

You can save the second curator to nuke down the 2 packs before the last boss, and if you are really quick with it you can get inside the last boss chamber with the werewolf behemoth form still active and skip having to take the potions from Gwendis, as you'll just remain in that form.

The biggest time save though is nuking the last boss from 100% - 60% and using the immunity frames provided from the potion to survive the adds, then killing them all in werewolf form. You can also do this same skip on the 60% - 20% phase. It's even easier without the poison.

Of course speedrun is doable. We ran it again later, and by just skipping the looting of chests and heavy sacks, we saved over a minute. But that's not the point!

For every previous dungeon (and for its "sibling" dungeon Castle Thorn), we didn't need to skip looting. We didn't need to pull trash packs together. We could afford to change gear and bar setups manually instead of using presets in addons. Whether or not the speedrun is doable by us is irrelevant. What is relevant--and what has been the problem all along--is that it's a speedrun that's clearly out of line with every other dungeon speedrun.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »

Of course, speedrun is doable. We ran it again later, and by just skipping the looting of chests and heavy sacks, we saved over a minute. But that's not the point!

For every previous dungeon (and for its "sibling" dungeon Castle Thorn), we didn't need to skip looting. We didn't need to pull trash packs together. We could afford to change gear and bar setups manually instead of using presets in addons. Whether or not the speedrun is doable by us is irrelevant. What is relevant--and what has been the problem all along--is that it's a speedrun that's clearly out of line with every other dungeon speedrun.

Okay, I see your point. I do however think ZOS is trying something new with Stone Garden, the 3 HM's the reduced speedrun time. I think they may want to change the way they were previously doing dungeon speedruns to require a bit more from players than was previously asked for.

I think it's a good thing that speedruns should be an additional challenge and not just given automatically by completing the dungeon and I don't think they should be held to the past about how speedruns were previously handled.
    They cannot go and retroactively change speedrun times for old content, but if they think reducing the speedrun times is a good thing then I don't think they should be always held to the past.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Trifecta Achievement is definitely bugged if you don’t kill the monsters in the Vitalizer Control rooms. Alternatively there might be another bug preventing it from being achieved.

We recorded our run in which we did not kill the monsters in Vitalizer Control rooms and DID NOT get the “True Genius” achievement, despite being within the time-limit and after activating Hardmode. Might upload it soon.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gralor wrote: »
    The Trifecta Achievement is definitely bugged if you don’t kill the monsters in the Vitalizer Control rooms. Alternatively there might be another bug preventing it from being achieved.

We recorded our run in which we did not kill the monsters in Vitalizer Control rooms and DID NOT get the “True Genius” achievement, despite being within the time-limit and after activating Hardmode. Might upload it soon.

Since they have the same kill requirements, I'm wondering if the lesser achievements (speed and no-death) were rewarded for you in that run?

Also, we noticed that the two stone husks right after branch-off to the first control room, before the large room with the white pack leader, would sometimes not spawn. We would reset the instance immediately if we saw that those enemies did not spawn, since we didn't want to run into problems with the kill requirements.
    Edited by code65536 on August 27, 2020 12:59PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To find out whether it actually has anything to do with the Vitalizer Control rooms we went back after the boss fight and killed all the monsters therein. Yet we did not get the No-Death achievement either.

And I think you nailed it, Code. Because in our “True Genius” run they didn’t spawn, while in others they did.

ZOS, please fix.