Can we have a cooldown on jumping?

Flaaklypa
Flaaklypa
✭✭✭✭
People jumping left and right in pvp, isnt even good its just annoying and looks ridiculus
Edited by Flaaklypa on August 25, 2020 10:07PM
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf jumping! :):D:D:D
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strongly against this suggestion.. Jumping is a very big part of travelling overland.. having a cool down on it could end up with the player being stuck
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you dare touch our bunny hopping! :D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read the subject line I thought this was going to be a thread about people who never stand still and are constantly jumping around. Which, by the way, can be very irritating.
    PCNA
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strongly against this suggestion.. Jumping is a very big part of travelling overland.. having a cool down on it could end up with the player being stuck

Thats an easy fix. Make it so only when you're in combat, or in combat with a player you cannot jump another jump after 3 seconds

Or make it cost resources that ramp up
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is sth worse and more ridiculous than jumping.... Being surrounded by pets to mitigate incoming dmg... It's becoming a plague in BGs, people running around surrounded by summoned pets and the engine guardian sphere... Dont try to avoid dmg through skilled gameplay, lets your pets do it for you...

PvP in ESO is becoming more like Player vs Pets than actual PvP...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frontend wrote: »
    People jumping left and right in pvp, isnt even good its just annoying and looks ridiculus

Things that make killing the other player tends to be annoying,

BTW, the devs have commented time and time again that ESO does not have cooldowns by design. It is the one thing they seem willing to remind us about all the time.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have an 300 cp penalty on nerf requests?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cooldown but instead anyone hit by a player while jumping will be knocked to the ground for 8 seconds and become prone (setting all resistances and damage reduction to zero for the duration, bypasses CC immunity and cannot be broken free from).

Lets see how much people like jumping around all the time at that point. Jumping should be something you do to climb rocks or traverse difficult terrain, not something that adds passive defenses due to making it difficult to target the player. My opinion only as others will differ I'm sure.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is already a fix in-game for both bunny hopping and pets/body blocking! It's call TAB TARGET, and yes, you can map it on controller too. :)
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

BTW, the devs have commented time and time again that ESO does not have cooldowns by design. It is the one thing they seem willing to remind us about all the time.

Doesnt need to be a cooldown. If jumping subsequently it started costing stamina that ramped up or something.

The point isnt that jumping is overpowered, its simply that in this case some ppl i duels are just jumping like its a button smash contest. Its ridiculus. I have no problem killing them, but its annoying.

Surely zos didnt intend people to perma jump in duels? Thats not quality gameplay
    Edited by Flaaklypa on August 23, 2020 11:33PM
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is already a fix in-game for both bunny hopping and pets/body blocking! It's call TAB TARGET, and yes, you can map it on controller too. :)

As i wrote below, i have no touble killing them, it just looks ridiculus and is not fun to fight against

I am using tab target obvs :)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even while tab targetted, an extremely mobile target will (from time to time) be outside the ability area of effect when you try to press the button. Obviously an immobile target is much easier to hit. Any movement whether it be strafing, moving around terrain or even jumping can cause targetting issues even while tab targetted. Good players will have fewer issues tracking and hitting these targets, but I don't think anyone can say honestly that it's just as easy to hit a jumping target as it is one that does not jump.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping is a LOS/targeting tactic. [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 25, 2020 3:41PM
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Jumping is a LOS/targeting tactic. [snip]

[snip]

The point is that in combat when some people are spamming jump its not fun.

It looks stupid, and flawed. If you think its great gameplay to have players spam jump while fighting, thats fair and you're entitled to that opinion.

Personally i would rather want people dodging, or sprinting, walking or even standing still when fighting, rather than spamming jump.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 25, 2020 3:41PM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a multi player game, not everyone is going to play the way you like. [snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 24, 2020 1:18PM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in non MMO games especially FPS I see players hopping around all the time. Dunno doesn’t seem like a big deal.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    It’s a multi player game, not everyone is going to play the way you like. [snip]

No im staying with eso, thank you for the suggestion.

[snip]

And again, the point isnt that jumping is good. But it looks stupid. In a fight players should not do a jump every second. They should dodge and fight.

[Edited to remove reference to removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 24, 2020 1:18PM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s annoying to look at, so nerf it...
    That’s really the sort of attitude you’re trying to express?
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »

its annoying to fight against. And Its dumb, as someone wrote above jumping should be used to travel, or getting through terrains. It shouldnt be used as a way to try and cheese the targetting system.

• ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp players think they are so entitled that they want yet something else changed to cater to the pvp crowd (which is a fraction of 1% of the total playerbase).

just remove pvp from eso.
    please and thank you.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP much in games where circle-strafing or bunny-hopping are a "thing." For that matter, skip games without parkour, true aim, overcomplex AVA with humpteen different siege and bag cloggers n a game without true player controlled assets, nonstandardized mount speed in PvP. ESO fails on all counts. Great game to mess around and play dress-up dolly though!

Someone should update Shadowbane, buy Global Agenda and incorporate the two together.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

And again, the point isnt that jumping is good. But it looks stupid. In a fight players should not do a jump every second. They should dodge and fight.

I think certain costumes look stupid, vanity pets, combat pets, flashy mounts, etc. Should we remove those too?
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 24, 2020 1:19PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    I think certain costumes look stupid, vanity pets, combat pets, flashy mounts, etc. Should we remove those too?

[Quoted post was removed]

Eh, I think it’s petty to ask for such a nerf too, even though I think people who constantly hop are a little silly looking and don’t do it myself. It’s almost like some people don’t want to micromanage other people’s play style because it isn’t to their taste. 🙄
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 24, 2020 1:19PM
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    pvp players think they are so entitled that they want yet something else changed to cater to the pvp crowd (which is a fraction of 1% of the total playerbase).

just remove pvp from eso.
    please and thank you.

Im not here to remove the fun of the wider audience, im not entitled to anything. But this IS a place to voice concerns and request changes. And i cant see how the majority of players would miss, or likes jumping every second. Even if they make it so its only active when in combat with other players it wont affect you in any way, will it? And 1% is way too small, although pvp is in the minorty, i would say its closer to 20-30%, i guess you havent seen how many players play in cyrodiil, BG or duels. And also, pvp is staying eso, im sorry, but its not getting removed any time soon.

its annoying to fight against. And Its dumb, as someone wrote above jumping should be used to travel, or getting through terrains. It shouldnt be used as a way to try and cheese the targetting system.

But you said you had no problem killing them, so why be churlish and request a nerf?

I wouldnt say im requesting a nerf. Jumping isnt overpowered, and what i want wouldnt change dps, or dmg mitigation at all. I am just requesting a CHANGE since fighting bunny jumpers is rather baffeling, and definitely doesnt look intended in the game.
    It’s a multi player game, not everyone is going to play the way you like. Maybe stick to single player games if your so easily triggered by someone jumping.

Im not triggered at all not sure where you got that impression.

That doesnt affect combat, and its not relevant to my post. You seem hostile for some reason? And what are you talking about? "Should we remove those too?" I dont want to remove jumping. Just change it, because at the moment, fighting bunny hoppers that try and cheese the combat targetting system isnt fun, but rather just baffeling, and it sure doesnt look like its intended. If you keep responding with nonsense, i'll just ignore you from now on.
    Edited by Flaaklypa on August 23, 2020 11:31PM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Continuous jumping opponent gives a 10% buff to the satisfaction of killing them.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Doesnt need to be a cooldown. If jumping subsequently it started costing stamina that ramped up or something.

The point isnt that jumping is overpowered, its simply that in this case some ppl i duels are just jumping like its a button smash contest. Its ridiculus. I have no problem killing them, but its annoying to look at.

Sure zos didnt intend people to perma jump in duels? Thats not quality gameplay

It is OP that is asking for a cooldown. But you are correct, it is not needed. Nothing needs to change as most players seem to be doing just fine with it as it is.

Edit: Oh wait. You are the OP that is asking for a cooldown on jumping.
    Edited by idk on August 23, 2020 11:35PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Continuous jumping opponent gives a 10% buff to the satisfaction of killing them.

And that is the way to look at it. Besides, PvP is not intended to be easy.