Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we have a cooldown on jumping?

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I want to make a character named Little Bunny Foo Foo.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frontend wrote: »
    People jumping left and right in pvp, isnt even good its just annoying and looks ridiculus

Just people who can't play worth sh.. unless they're jumping around, god forbid they stand and fight. 😏
  • ToxicOutrage
    ToxicOutrage
    ✭✭✭
    add stamina cost to jumping same as for dodge, I hate rabbits, especially with how clunky jumping looks in this game
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People jumping left and right in pvp, isnt even good its just annoying and looks ridiculus

It is stupid looking. But as others have said, putting a cool down on it would cause more trouble than it would solve.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 24, 2020 12:16AM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Things that are annoying in PVP:

1. That guy who runs up and down stairs for 5 hours avoiding everyone.
    2. Zergs

I woudln't mind a stamina cost to jumping or falling non-fatal distances.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on August 24, 2020 12:21AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe you all are making me post this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=0&v=SwYN7mTi6HM&feature=emb_logo

... because no one else posted it yet.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on August 24, 2020 12:35AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, nerf the nerfers!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think all the jumpy Sorcs got banned, I've never seen any in the last few months now
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it costs stamina to roll-dodge or run (which it does, btw); then it should cost stamina to jump. Slightly less cost than rolling, but there should be a cost for it. That would be enough.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh HECK no.
    Bad idea.
    Sometimes when you're traveling you end up getting stuck on rocks, as someone else said. It might take six jumps or more to get yourself free. Please no more nerfs! Sick of having my game constantly nerfed because of PvP, and I'm someone who enjoys PvP (just not exclusively).
  • adilazimdegilx
    adilazimdegilx
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it so it uses stamina to jump.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can't block. Knock them out of the air.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. I play an MMO and I don't wish to perceive people that have adopted a playstyle that differs from my own. Please make a change to the game's core functionality to satisfy my unique preference. I do not think people maneuvering tactically in a competitive fight is very sporting. It's not about the challenge; it is the principle! The honor! The immersion!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    The PVP gameplay of TESO jump, jump, jump the little sheeps of the geniuses at zenimax, no but really, your a better defense by jumping than if you block ...

When will the TESO PVP come out of beta?

Jumping, should have a consumption, but not running, or running should consume less otherwise it's anti-game, because currently, 3/4 of the time, people flee the fight ...
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you think looks like is an opinion. My opinion is that everyone should mind your own business. Play like you want to dress like you want to,or jump like you want to. Just ignore what you do not like and move on.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    add stamina cost to jumping same as for dodge, I hate rabbits, especially with how clunky jumping looks in this game

than add damadge imunity to jump like dodge role :D
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can just imagine all the players in ESO who fail to jump over a tiny rock that looks like you should be able to step over it.. & then have to wait for the jump cooldown to attempt a 2nd jump LOL!

Personally, jumping players have never bothered me.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We should make jumping go higher... but yeah definitely add a cost.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

[Quoted post was removed]

Lol, yes it is in print and there was clearly no hostility. It IS selfish to expect devs to change the game just because they think jumping looks silly with no regard to how it affects other players. [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 25, 2020 3:47PM
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not cool man.
    What do you have against cool kids man?
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Great suggestion. Thanks.
  • SamanthaCarter
    SamanthaCarter
    ✭✭✭
    Harmony build is p2w unbalanced
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mostly jump when I am trying to get my crafting dailies and the system drops me out of that menu instead of properly selecting the options. Really annoying for me and I would love to eliminate that!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Blackout341
    Blackout341
    Soul Shriven

No.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm jumping extra
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If anything Jumping should cost stamina.

But both these options would leave people stranded alot between geometry and with the only viable option to use /stuck
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Jumping is a LOS/targeting tactic. [snip]

[snip]

The point is that in combat when some people are spamming jump its not fun.

It looks stupid, and flawed. If you think its great gameplay to have players spam jump while fighting, thats fair and you're entitled to that opinion.

Personally i would rather want people dodging, or sprinting, walking or even standing still when fighting, rather than spamming jump.

Almost every TES game has acrobatics skill included. Except the last two. So you know... I think that perfectly justifies everyone hopping around endlessly.

It's like it's a part of this world you know
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 25, 2020 3:48PM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, make it cost 1 stamina since it doesnt give you anything in combat Like dodge.
  • deleted210809-001958
    add stamina cost for jumping like in tes3 and tes4
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i dodgeroll, my skills go unuseable for 2-10 secs depending on lag. Put this also on the jump.