The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Queen Ayrenn's age?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birralee wrote: »
    Birralee wrote: »
    Here's a theory I've heard of, and which I like, but I can't give you any "proofs" nor links to it, says that during her time "away" Ayrenn was sent 5000 years into the future and was then known as "KINMUNE". Or, better said, she's always been "KINMUNE" and was sent back 5000 years into the past as Ayrenn. KINMUNE is an android. I mean, a mix of woman and robot - not a smartphone OS.

That's mostly Kirkbride stuff - take it or leave it but don't start me with Kirkbride. I like his stuff and vision, particularly this one. It explains why Ayrenn has a "destiny" as Queen and has always been aware of it, it explains her disappearance and "legend", it explains why she was much stronger physically and emotionally than anyone her age, and it explains why she miraculously turned up the day her brother was meant to be crowned king to claim her heirloom.
    As an aside, I think the correct interpretation of Kirkbride's use of the word android isn't as a robot that looks like a mortal creature, rather an artificial lifeform of some kind. Quite possibly flesh and blood, but artificial none the less. I remember discussing this stuff with some of the lore buffs that used to frequent the old Bethesda forums. I can't remember what their reasoning was, but I found it convincing. Well, just as convincing as the less fantastic version of her backstory anyway.

So, basically a Fallout synth? Now there's an interesting fanfic.

I haven't played Fallout, but after a quick read on the wiki, yes, that does seem to be a more appropriate interpretation than imagining something more terminator-esque. The only problem I actually have with that story after playing ESO is that Ayrenn's character is far too genuine for me to suspect her of being deceitful about her past.

Bizarrely, that makes a certain amount of sense, if the real Ayrenn stumbles into the Fallout 4 universe, then gets nabbed by the Institute and replaced with a synth including her memories, then sent back to the ESO universe. Or time, if you prefer the theories that Fallout and TES take place in the same timeline due to some Easter eggs. She'd essentially be Ayrenn, as far as she or anyone else but the Institute knew.

I don't buy it as the truth, but its a fun idea!
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Ayrenn was this young, why was she next in line for the throne and not Naemon, who is clearly older?
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    If Ayrenn was this young, why was she next in line for the throne and not Naemon, who is clearly older?

Naemon is her younger brother.

For example, in Grahtwood, Ayrenn says "Little brother, you shouldn't be here for this. Daraneth warned us of the dangers."
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 20, 2020 1:02PM
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »

Naemon is her younger brother.

For example, in Grahtwood, Ayrenn says "Little brother, you shouldn't be here for this. Daraneth warned us of the dangers."

Oh I see. Then it doesn't make any sense because Naemon looked at least like 80 years old (elven years). He's also married. Altmer marriages take decades to arrange. Anyway, Ayrenn's age is a big plot hole.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr