The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you going to play at cyrodiil during servers at 3 seconds AoE nerf live server test?

• Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will log in and double AP is worth a week full of cyro
    Yes I will because it doesnt effect my setup and only helps me. The age of the Potato 🥔 Slayer is upon us.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Gonna switch to stamblade tho. Why bother with playing templar when every templar main knows its gonna be unplayable?

I expect a lot of stamblade. At least stam something as Magicka healing will just about all be penalized. Rally, dark deal and other morph, self only vigor, and shields will be about it.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering I don't go there normally because of unplayable lag even in smaller campaign, I will for sure go there to test if this is going to open up the pvp options in this game a bit
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, cyrodiil will be unplayable for me
    SodanTok wrote: »
    FakeFox wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    I honestly have better things to do, but I don't think this needs any testing anyway. The results should be clear to anyone having played a decent amount of PvP without the need to test it.

@FakeFox, you primarily play PvE ... so I'm not sure how much value we should put in your response.

I think most of us want to help ZOS improve the game by getting in some testing time (with double AP frosting on the cake).

If you have "better things to do" than improve the game, then I'm sure you're going to get some raised eyebrows from both PvE and PvP players.

The changes are completely ridiculous, no matter if they improve performance or not. They are the equivalent to breaking your leg and deciding hoping around on one leg is far more convenient and even cheaper then seeing a doctor. Those are no solutions, those are cheap work arounds. Sure, slowing down combat will improve some aspects of the performance, but so will removing combat all together.

Lmao, those arent solution nor workarounds and they never claimed they are. Those are literally just implementations for test purposes.

I strongly recommend rereading the thread so you can improve your understanding.

What? Yes, of course those are tests. But guess what tests are run for. Those concepts are not mutually exclusive as you seem to think. :D

Yeah its pretty basic comprehension that tests to compare impact of decline of AoE casted require hard limitations to force that scenario. What you claim is that those hard limitations for test purposes are meant to be their solutions too. That claim continues to be ridiculous and lacking any bases so my recommendation to improve understanding by rereading the post stands.

How else do you think “chain-casting aoe skills” will no longer be part of the core pvp experience? That was clearly stated as the outcome, assuming the “tests” prove their hypothesis. Technically, the “tests” are not even going to test whether or not spamming aoe’s is the cause of any lag. If one were to test this, they would allow as much spamming as possible to see how laggy things get. However, they already have this data if theyve been monitoring Cyrodil at all for the past few....years? No, these tests are designed to see what type of fix, or combination of fixes will work best.
    Edited by carlos424 on August 1, 2020 9:11PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Other)

Like I have said in my previous post in a similar thread. I will participate only and only if we will finally get a DLC monster helmet at gold vendor, that was never there before.

Double AP is not good enough. I have maxed AW rank and about 7 millions AP - with nothing to spend them on. I don't feel motivated tbh. What is the point of PvP and farming AP if you already achieved everything ? Fun ? Well... fun is not there with all this lag & de-syncs...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 1, 2020 9:21PM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a little annoyed that my combo basically doesn’t work anymore on my stamsorc or I have to drop DW and spam dizzy like all the other stam classes sigh.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on August 2, 2020 9:49AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bye bye Mag sorc, they added all morphs of their shields to the cooldown list.
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    They should remove all skills in PVP and let us pick flowers in Cyrodiil.
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    For the greater good. It's annoying, but it's not all about me.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many stam builds dont rely on AoE skills so no problem there
  • Qagh
    Qagh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ecfigies wrote: »
    They should remove all skills in PVP and let us pick flowers in Cyrodiil.

Yeah! 😃

Big Problem is Volendrung. Please remove it.
    CP 2400+ - PC/EU - PvP: Gray Host
    Qagh - StamDK - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Qagho - MagSorc - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghi - Stamblade - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Pelzgesicht - Magcro - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghoo - Magplar - Khajiit - DC
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the past week and a half with how performance feels to somehow have gotten a little worse again; I kind of can't wait for this. I won't be able to use jabs on my templar, but if this works, dizzying should at least be closer to .8 seconds rather than 5. Streak may not be able to be spammed; but hopefully it actually goes off when I tell it rather than taking 3 seconds and then double streaking because I had been mashing the button. Or if I gave up on it, it won't suddenly go off several seconds later sending me flying off the top of a keep.

Majore adjustments need to be made to magicka classes though, as their strength has always been supporting each other in a group so most of their stuff is hit into uselessness.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    After the past week and a half with how performance feels to somehow have gotten a little worse again; I kind of can't wait for this. I won't be able to use jabs on my templar, but if this works, dizzying should at least be closer to .8 seconds rather than 5. Streak may not be able to be spammed; but hopefully it actually goes off when I tell it rather than taking 3 seconds and then double streaking because I had been mashing the button. Or if I gave up on it, it won't suddenly go off several seconds later sending me flying off the top of a keep.

Majore adjustments need to be made to magicka classes though, as their strength has always been supporting each other in a group so most of their stuff is hit into uselessness.

We all know the "Majore adjustments" made to try and fix all the classes they break have a high probability of being really bad.
  • paganslyer
    paganslyer
    ✭✭
    No I will not participate In a [snip] attempt to ""improve" Performence by ruin The whole concept of the combat system
    [snip]
    like buy More powerful server or/and just split cyrodiil to 3-4-5 Separated servers.....even limit the Capacity of the server to Populate players is much much better ......
    is those changes go live regularly its will be the END

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 6, 2020 2:42PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The possibility of break free actually breaking free has me very excited.
    Break free to double AP, I'm in!!
    Edited by Ranger209 on August 7, 2020 8:22PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be there. I'm curious about it and want to see it first-hand. Who am I kidding? I pvp just about everyday for 5 years. I'll be there because I like cyrodiil.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normally I play a templar healer in pvp, but at least the first week when there is a 3 sec global cd on all aoe I'll switch to my nb. Going to gank some defenseless mag users while my templar is unplayable :D

The other weeks I'll play my healer to give ZOS some test results.

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I will be testing because I love PvP and I hate to see it in its condition. I hope that the data they get will help them make cyrodill better. I don't think it'll ever be lag-free but it can definitely get to a place where it's not a big deal.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

While I am not thrilled about some of the ideas being tested I am glad Zos is actually looking at some aspects of the game and their impact. I prefer to be able to give good feedback and help provide worthy data instead of complaining about this. We have seen Zos listen to our well though feedback on changes to combat and we have seen Zos test changes in Cyrodiil on live before but not make the changes we actually tested. It still provides information that can be helpful.

Exactly my thought.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to be Mr. Pessimistic but...If AOEs need to be nerfed..[snip]. This is not progression...it is mitigation. AOEs one day...then it's going to be other skills but more importantly, additions to building features, npc ai, etc.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 19, 2020 2:07PM
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would play, but in the below 50 campaign. Why? The last mm in below 50 was a really good experience for me. Campaign was full, but not overloaded, noticeable less lag and other problems like desyncs. Also literally zero proc sets in use, makes pvp more playerskill based against equally geared ppl. It was like the main campaigns should be, had a lot of fun and good fights.

How this 3 sec CD [snip] will impact the overall feeling on live I can't tell atm. But I hate it, no CD on skills was one of the main reasons why I started with eso's pvp.

[Edit for censor bypass.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 19, 2020 6:34PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 second cooldown PER SKILL isn't so bad, for most classes; I just won't play any templars.

The other options are too annoying to be worth my time.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will play, because I'm curious how it will work and it may be funny :D It will be hard for all this "one combo players" and ballgroups, but definetely fun for players who know how to be flexible and strategic. It's time to get out from comfort zone for some people :smiley:

Also I really want to support testing - it's good that ZOS check things. Maybe you don't remember but there also was light/heavy attack tests and they didn't forced it after test - so I stay positive :)
    Edited by Luke_Flamesword on August 19, 2020 8:06PM
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton