The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you going to play at cyrodiil during servers at 3 seconds AoE nerf live server test?

Luckylancer
Luckylancer
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/D02k_MZTwWQ
Summary: your class will be nerfed beyond logic as everyone elses. You may hate this and decide not to play during test = bad for developers

Nearly all magicka classes will be left defenceless. People may hate this change and they may stay away from cyrodiil. ZoS needs big player population for this test. Preferably triple locked campaign.

I think ZoS should give players bigger incentive to max out cyrodiil.

Some ideas: Midyear mayhem again, OP end of campaign rewards (so people try to get a lot of AP), rare motif drops from cyro mail awards or ESO+ for a week for xxx amount of AP you earned at cyrodiil. These awards can be based on madalion quest to force daily log in too. You can get 1 every day. Also they can implement a "get xxx million AP worldwide during event to get xxx rewards boht on console and pc". This method worked fine in summerset and elsewheyr dragon events.

I think one of these will ensure server locked populations.
Edited by Luckylancer on July 30, 2020 11:13AM

Are you going to play at cyrodiil during servers at 3 seconds AoE nerf live server test? 135 votes

Yes, I will log in and double AP is worth a week full of cyro
55%
driosketchNyteshadeDarcyMardinKayshaIruil_ESOSarousseIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOkillingspreeb16_ESOSodanTokc_parsons40b16_ESOhollywoodidkkyle06239ub17_ESOLarsStechnohicFeannagExeter411bellatrixedDr_Ganknsteinactosh 75 votes
No, cyrodiil will be unplayable for me
44%
Moloch1514Daviiid_ESODedricusVoidCommanderXappSkoomahKinetiksHymzirLettigallTBoisVaohZer0_CooLSanctum74CadburyAedarylJjitsuboy98WreckfulAbandonAriades_sweForsakenSinsusmitds 60 votes
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Cyrodiil filled with PvEers that just end up PvDooring on opposite ends of the map isn't going to provide conclusive results, even if the campaigns are full.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly have better things to do, but I don't think this needs any testing anyway. The results should be clear to anyone having played a decent amount of PvP without the need to test it.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will play it and would without double AP. I dont really like their ideas on how to address the issue but the issue needs to be addressed, and if people sit out; all they are going to do is make these changes look good.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I will play it and would without double AP. I dont really like their ideas on how to address the issue but the issue needs to be addressed, and if people sit out; all they are going to do is make these changes look good.

I everyone that PvP gonna go to cyrodiil atleast once. Then most of players will hate it and play other type of PvPes (or PvE). Cyro will have high population for 1 day.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will go and see just how bad magplar actually is and submit feedback. If it’s close to as bad as it seems then won’t continue out myself through that and go back to PVE.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If month of nonsense pvp experience would give us at least a chance for somewhat brighter future and people's feedback would be actually heard it's worth it, also that's pretty unique experience to be denied casting half the abilities (same as live lol)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I everyone that PvP gonna go to cyrodiil atleast once. Then most of players will hate it and play other type of PvPes (or PvE). Cyro will have high population for 1 day.

Well; it won't be fun if you don't adjust your build. I mean, I will be running a stamplar without jabs... May not be fun if you do adjust. But the point will be to make sure that the only way these tests stick is if it actually gives us a better Cyrodiil. It will be 4 weeks of crap but for those who want better; its a good investment
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well; it won't be fun if you don't adjust your build. I mean, I will be running a stamplar without jabs... May not be fun if you do adjust. But the point will be to make sure that the only way these tests stick is if it actually gives us a better Cyrodiil. It will be 4 weeks of crap but for those who want better; its a good investment

“I will be running a stamplar without jabs.” How far have we fallen? Lol. It’s just crazy that you cannot use the one ability that really defines the class. Does this make any freaking sense?
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes for the double AP, but only because of the proposed rapids change. I don’t PvP *except* when there’s double AP.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »

“I will be running a stamplar without jabs.” How far have we fallen? Lol. It’s just crazy that you cannot use the one ability that really defines the class. Does this make any freaking sense?

Yeah sucks but luckily theres dizzy swing.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Of course it doesn't. But if some version of the AOE cooldown/stacking cost changes fix Cyrodiil performance, would a templar with skills like Jabs and Honor the Dead morphed to be single-target make sense? Yes, I think so.

People need to realize that if this works, ZOS will spend the remainder of the year if not longer rebalancing every class to fit with the new AOE design. I've criticized ZOS as much as anyone, but they're not stupid enough to think that a 3-second cooldown on your spammable is fun or acceptable.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Of course it doesn't. But if some version of the AOE cooldown/stacking cost changes fix Cyrodiil performance, would a templar with skills like Jabs and Honor the Dead morphed to be single-target make sense? Yes, I think so.

People need to realize that if this works, ZOS will spend the remainder of the year if not longer rebalancing every class to fit with the new AOE design. I've criticized ZOS as much as anyone, but they're not stupid enough to think that a 3-second cooldown on your spammable is fun or acceptable.

Are you sure? Lol. I know they are not stupid, but they are about making “quick fixes” and addressing real issues later. That’s part of the reason we are in this situation. Here’s what bothers me. They obviously already know what the problem is. They will not be able to test whether or not spamming jabs and other abilities is causing lag, because no one will be using them. They already have all the data. They are just testing which of the four fixes they will implement. They are wording these “tests” as if they are trying to find the “cause” of the problem. This seems disingenuous to me. I’ve already said in past posts that a much better fix would be to make many/most skills like jabs, breath, etc. single target. But that is not the plan right now. My fear is that they will implement a blanket “fix” like a 3 second cooldown to aoe skills, which we already know would fix lag, and work on balancing classes later. So maybe templar will be playable this time next year.
    Edited by carlos424 on July 30, 2020 1:33PM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rare motif drops from cyro mail awards

Honestly, if they gave chances for Trial and Vet Dungeon motifs to be included in the reward mails, I would spend every waking hour in Cyrodiil no matter how painful.

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is sad. I've not been a fan of these combat developers. There was a time when the original combat developer had visions for classes. They weren't always perfect, but he really tried to think about what defined a class and implement it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be fair, I've long slotted bloodthirst since it seems more reliable than jabs and heals. Jabs is good when it works, but it isn't even consistent and has delays from AoE checks that sometimes prevent you from actually getting any damage tick from the jabs.

Templar itself is really in a bad place on live, but no one wants to admit it just because there are certain builds around for mag and stamplar that allow you to cheese victories. Right now I am making an experimental stamplar build for the future, but between experimental magplar, experimental hybrid sorc, experimental DK, experimental necro, and expiremental warden its starting to get tedious and the balance changes are slightly annoying.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summary: your class will be nerfed beyond logic as everyone elses.
    I have only one aoe ability and its caltrops to support siege, so my "class" wont be nerfed.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but I'll be playing a build designed exploit the other players gimped by the changes. :hushed:

Think about it, everyone else is struggling with new, untested mechanics that basically hard code 3000ms lag into their core skills, but not mine, and there is no server lag preventing my skills from firing....we will be playing fundamentally different games with the advantages all on one side.
    Edited by katorga on July 30, 2020 7:43PM
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    As a templar, it won't be playable for me at all. I'd love to help and really see how it is, but I will be completely ineffective without jabs.
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭

We're finally arriving at full homogenization. Almost every stamina class, in pvp, will now be running dizzy for damage. You have your class skills to do other work, but if you die to a stam player, you very likely died to dizzy. That is really and truly sad.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Likely won't be playing every night due to New world testing but will definately be out there on raid nights :)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dedricus wrote: »

We're finally arriving at full homogenization. Almost every stamina class, in pvp, will now be running dizzy for damage. You have your class skills to do other work, but if you die to a stam player, you very likely died to dizzy. That is really and truly sad.

Yep. Heading that way even without this AOE thing though. No question jabs now are effective but last thing they needed was to be slower and risk getting no burning light. Still would prefer jabs but it's not a big loss
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I honestly have better things to do, but I don't think this needs any testing anyway. The results should be clear to anyone having played a decent amount of PvP without the need to test it.

@FakeFox, you primarily play PvE ... so I'm not sure how much value we should put in your response.

I think most of us want to help ZOS improve the game by getting in some testing time (with double AP frosting on the cake).

If you have "better things to do" than improve the game, then I'm sure you're going to get some raised eyebrows from both PvE and PvP players.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@FakeFox, you primarily play PvE ... so I'm not sure how much value we should put in your response.

I think most of us want to help ZOS improve the game by getting in some testing time (with double AP frosting on the cake).

If you have "better things to do" than improve the game, then I'm sure you're going to get some raised eyebrows from both PvE and PvP players.

The changes are completely ridiculous, no matter if they improve performance or not. They are the equivalent to breaking your leg and deciding hoping around on one leg is far more convenient and even cheaper then seeing a doctor. Those are no solutions, those are cheap work arounds. Sure, slowing down combat will improve some aspects of the performance, but so will removing combat all together.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The changes are completely ridiculous, no matter if they improve performance or not. They are the equivalent to breaking your leg and deciding hoping around on one leg is far more convenient and even cheaper then seeing a doctor. Those are no solutions, those are cheap work arounds. Sure, slowing down combat will improve some aspects of the performance, but so will removing combat all together.

Lmao, those arent solution nor workarounds and they never claimed they are. Those are literally just implementations for test purposes.

I strongly recommend rereading the thread so you can improve your understanding.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 31, 2020 9:34PM
  • Zahirr
    Zahirr
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yeah I'll play. Just to see a bunch of stamplars be brought down to the level of the rest of us Stam Classes. Welcome to the world of Dragonknight, Templars! Let me take you on a tour

Those defensive skills you have like purge? At least you'll be able to cast them at all. Not something Dragonknight is afforded. That nice aeo class spammable you have, that does the best dps of any single skill in the game? Yeah, we got a replacement for you. It's called stonefist. Are you worried about losing class identity? Let me introduce you to Stamsorc, whose class identity is the daedric crafting style. Or Stamdk, whose class identity is split between jumping every 30 seconds, and the color green.

It will be awesome. Templars are going to experience what it's like to barely scrape by, and have almost all of your skills be weapon skills, in a class identity vacuum, as we all look on and wonder "How come necromancer and warden get all the mechanics?"

Welcome to our world, Templars! We saved a seat for you, right up front!
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Lmao, those arent solution nor workarounds and they never claimed they are. Those are literally just implementations for test purposes.

I strongly recommend rereading the thread so you can improve your understanding.

What? Yes, of course those are tests. But guess what tests are run for. Those concepts are not mutually exclusive as you seem to think. :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zahirr wrote: »
    Heck yeah I'll play. Just to see a bunch of stamplars be brought down to the level of the rest of us Stam Classes. Welcome to the world of Dragonknight, Templars! Let me take you on a tour

Those defensive skills you have like purge? At least you'll be able to cast them at all. Not something Dragonknight is afforded. That nice aeo class spammable you have, that does the best dps of any single skill in the game? Yeah, we got a replacement for you. It's called stonefist. Are you worried about losing class identity? Let me introduce you to Stamsorc, whose class identity is the daedric crafting style. Or Stamdk, whose class identity is split between jumping every 30 seconds, and the color green.

It will be awesome. Templars are going to experience what it's like to barely scrape by, and have almost all of your skills be weapon skills, in a class identity vacuum, as we all look on and wonder "How come necromancer and warden get all the mechanics?"

Welcome to our world, Templars! We saved a seat for you, right up front!

SMH
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

What? Yes, of course those are tests. But guess what tests are run for. Those concepts are not mutually exclusive as you seem to think. :D

Yeah its pretty basic comprehension that tests to compare impact of decline of AoE casted require hard limitations to force that scenario. What you claim is that those hard limitations for test purposes are meant to be their solutions too. That claim continues to be ridiculous and lacking any bases so my recommendation to improve understanding by rereading the post stands.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is easy to suggest such things now but what will you say if the population remains high past the first day?

While I am not thrilled about some of the ideas being tested I am glad Zos is actually looking at some aspects of the game and their impact. I prefer to be able to give good feedback and help provide worthy data instead of complaining about this. We have seen Zos listen to our well though feedback on changes to combat and we have seen Zos test changes in Cyrodiil on live before but not make the changes we actually tested. It still provides information that can be helpful.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gonna switch to stamblade tho. Why bother with playing templar when every templar main knows its gonna be unplayable?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.