The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Class Concept - Champion

ShadowTrixGamer
This isn’t my best work as it was my first, if you want to see a much better concept that was more thought out and works much better with the game plus being more unique you can find it here - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540799/new-class-concept-aquamancer#latest

I love the classes in Elders Scrolls Online, and am very happy when I hear that they will be adding a new one in the next DLC, for example, Morrowind and Elsewyr. That's why I decided to post a concept for a class idea I've had in mind that I personally feel would be very enjoyable to play whilst still not being overpowered and working with the game mechanics. I haven't gone into huge detail about all the abilities in terms of numbers and buffs/debuffs but if you wanted them I'd be more than happy to share, just ask.

Skill Line 1 - Julianos' Shield (This skill line mainly focuses on barrier magic which I would find really interesting and useful in the game either adding another branch to the support section or being utilised by tanks but possibly damage also for quick protection. This skill line allows for barriers to be used to block damage for example a damage shield on your team but also to channel a large shield in front of you blocking all damage, for example, but more below.

Ultimate - Shield of the Divines: Invoke the power of Julianos and channel a 360-degree barrier that stays up as long as you have Magicka or until it breaks. The barrier will surround the caster and anyone who is inside it from damage. Players can shoot out of it but any damage directed to a player inside the shield will be absorbed.
Ultimate Morph 1 - Julianos' Wisdom: Using the mouse buttons or controller left and right triggers, you can direct the flow of magic of the barrier. By holding right-click or right trigger, you direct the force of Magicka towards the right side blocking more damage on the right making the shield durability decrease less if damaged from the right side, if the left click or left trigger is held, you direct the force of Magicka towards the left side blocking more damage on the left making the shield durability decrease less if damaged from the left side. Now this won't mean the opposite side of the barrier is completely undefended, it will be weaker due to less Magicka being channeled into it and so it will increase the damage done to the barrier if hit on the side that isn't being focused. You don't have to direct Magicka to one side, it can be spread evenly like before it's morph. It will also drain your Magicka faster as you will be increasing the defense of that side of the shield. The left and right sides would be determined by the position of the player whilst casting as the player will not be able to move or do damage during this ultimate as they are channeling the shield so it will be up to the rest of the team to do damage for them whilst being protected. This is why I suggested it be more support focused as if the team isn't taking damage due to the shield then they won't need to be healed.
Ultimate Morph 2 - Blessing of Magnus: Your shield will have increase durability and decreased Magicka consumption as well as your team gaining minor resource regeneration based on the lowest one whilst standing in the barrier. This is particularly useful for a support or tank player.

Ability 1 - Untouchable: Gain a personal damage shield that lasts until it's destroyed or your Magicka runs out. You can move and deal damage during this. (toggleable)
Ability 1 Morph 1 - Extended Protection - Your shield will now drain Magicka slower and have higher durability. Once destroyed or Magicka has run out, it will release a small shockwave of the percentage of damage that you absorbed.
Ability 1 Morph 2 - Aetherian Protection: When casting the ability your shield splits and will attach itself to you and a maximum of 3 other players in a certain range.

Ability 2 - Divine Punishment: Trap an enemy in a divine bubble which immobilises them for a few seconds or until they break out of it.
Ability 2 Morph 1 - Divine Sacrifice: Spend a portion of your physical energy (stamina) to slowly crush the enemy trapped inside the bubble dealing damage as long as they are trapped.
Ability 2 Morph 2 - Divine Mercy: Cast the bubble on an enemy that lasts only one second freeing them shortly after capture. They will now have Magicka drain for the next few seconds as well as being immobilised for that initial one second.

Ability 3 - Reflection: Cast a reflective shield on an enemy causing whatever damage they do to be sent back at them for as long as the ability lasts (a few seconds) or they are cleansed of it.
Ability 3 Morph 1: Horrific Reflection: Cast the reflective shield on an enemy but instead of reflecting their damage, very small portions of their team's damage (PvE it's just an enemies damage but for PvP, it would be their alliance team players) are cast onto them taking some of it away from who it was initially directed to and sent to the enemy with the shield. (Stamina)
Ability 3 Morph 2 - False Reflection: Cast the shield on an enemy to cause them to run in fear from what they have seen lasting a few seconds or until they break free causing any damage they take whilst the shield is active to be increased.

Ability 4 - Divine Exchange - Cast a barrier on your self that will change any damage into your lowest resource, health, Magicka, or stamina. Active for a few seconds.
Ability 4 Morph 1 - Divine Endurance - Casting the barrier and absorbing damage will not restore health but will restore more Magicka and stamina whilst active,
Ability 4 Morph 2 - Divine Interception - Casting the barrier will cause a percentage of damage absorbed to heal you for a few seconds, the barrier will last longer.

Ability 5 - Unstable Barrier - Fill a barrier full of Magicka and sent it at the enemy exploding on impact dealing magic damage.
Ability 5 Morph 1 - Collapsing Barrier - On impact, the barrier will also absorb Magicka and increases in speed.
Ability 5 Morph 2 - Stable Barrier - The barrier will no longer do damage but will heal the ally it is directed for and will apply a shield lasting a few seconds or until destroyed.

Skill Line 2 - Blessings of the Divines (This skill line is mostly focused on healing and buffs, it is mainly useful for support players but tanks and damage players can use it for buffs and resource regeneration if needed.)

Ultimate - Sacred Ground: Bless the ground with the power of divines creating a large area AOE that heals all allies that stand within it and cleanse them of their debuffs.
Ultimate Morph 1 Sacred Air - The debuffs that are cleansed are put onto the nearest enemy to the ally who is cleansed.
Ultimate Morph 2 Sacred Water - The effect now follows the caster and cleanses and heals the allies around the caster.

Ability 1 Breath of the Divines - Exhale the sacred breath of the divines on your allies increasing their damage and defense for the duration (a few seconds).
Ability 1 Morph 1 - Exhale of the Divines - Increases range and amount of defense and damage bonus.
Ability 1 Morph 2 - Inhale of the Divines - Take in the debuffs of your allies and release them out as ranged healing.

Ability 2 - Arkay's Favour - Invoke the rites of Arkay controlling life and death with the left click/trigger you decrease your enemy's damage and defense, with the right-click/trigger you give buffs to you allies regenerating their resources.
Ability 2 Morph 1 - Arkay's Wrath - Channel the wrath of Arkay by debuffing the enemy and instead of buffing your allies with right-click/trigger, you attach to the enemy leeching health from them while tethered.
Ability 2 Morph 2 - Arkay's Benevolence - Increases the strength of buffs and more resource regeneration.

Ability 3 - Kynareth's Boon - Invoke the power of Kynareth's wind gaining a speed boost and decreasing any ability cooldowns by one second.
Ability 3 Morph 1 - Kynareth's Winds - Share the power of Kynareth will your allies giving them speed boosts and quicker ability cooldowns.
Ability 3 Morph 2 - Kynareth's Champion - Gain the power to fly through the air launching yourself forward damaging any enemy and healing any ally you dash through.

Ability 4 - Mara's Love - Bless your allies with a damage shield that heals the wearer for a percentage of the damage stopped by the shield.
Ability 4 Morph 1 - Mara's Guidance - Also gives this shield to yourself and strengthens the shield on only you.
Ability 4 Morph 2 - Mara's Gift - Strengths the shields given to your allies providing a longer defense and duration.

Ability 5 - Divine Resurrection - Gain the approval of the divines and for the next few seconds the time it takes for you to resurrect someone is decreased.
Ability 5 Morph 1 - Divine Life - Also regenerates all resources of you and the resurrected player.
Ability 5 Morph 2 - Divine Beginning - Exchange your life for another dying to instantly resurrect another.
Edited by ShadowTrixGamer on August 9, 2020 7:59AM
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't this literally just be Templar?
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's Templar, especially the Julianos' Shield skill line, that's not at all like any other class I'd say. I'm not finished yet though.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is literally Templar. I mean skills are different of course, but the theme and concept are the same. Templars are aedra-themed holy warriors. They are divine warriors. That's kind of their thing.

(I've actually personally thought about that whole physical/location based barrier thing recently and thought it was a neat idea. Focusing on placement of damage shields. Not sure how good of an idea it would be to implement it, but at first thought I think it's cool. I'm also a fan of more toggleable abilities, or DA style sustained abilities. But yeah, the class would have to have a flavor/theme that is distinct instead of just giving us Templar again.)

Tanks also currently don't really in stacking damage shields, so the class would need to branch out more. You also can't overtune a support class (which ESO wants to avoid, all classes should be viable in all roles) by letting it have access to pretty much any kind of buff, so many different cleanses, so many skills that have many effects. Ideally a class has a toolkit fir anything, not for everything.
    Edited by Raisin on August 5, 2020 10:31PM
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    Raisin wrote: »

It is literally Templar. I mean skills are different of course, but the theme and concept are the same. Templars are aedra-themed holy warriors. They are divine warriors. That's kind of their thing.

Well yeah I wanted something to go with the theme of a warrior who has favour of the divines, Templar uses light and are holy warriors but I wanted to flesh out which divines were giving what skills and that the divine used for that ability would dictate the ability effect that would come for example Kynareth and then having speed buffs as Kynareth a divine of wind.
    Skill though, the Julianous' Shield skill line is nothing like Templar or any other class.

That was good advice though, this is my first one but I do have some good ideas and they'll get better over time.
    Edited by ShadowTrixGamer on August 5, 2020 10:39PM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the Julianos Shield skill line is a lot like the Templar Sun Shield and Eclipse skills and their morphs.
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    Even the Julianos Shield skill line is a lot like the Templar Sun Shield and Eclipse skills and their morphs.

Of course, some of the skills in that skill line are similar as all damage shield abilities are but Sun Shield is one skill in one skill line, Julianos' Shield is an entire skill line focused on defense which personally I think is quite interesting and useful especially the ultimate, I can really imagine it being used in-game. Of course on the Blessings of the Divines skill line I can see what you mean more so but even that has it's differences and that skill line is more linked to the Divines rather than just, in general, the aedra it actually takes properties of the divines making you a true holy warrior.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The theme is fundamentally already represented in game via templar. Functionality wise there is a lot of overlap as well.

Remember classes in eso are designed with theme and aesthetics in mind first and foremost. So a new class would have to tick off a box that is not already ticked in terms of school of magic represented via the class skill lines along side other thematic aspects.

Next, contrary to popular belief, its functionality does not have to fufill a space not already represented. Classes in eso need to achieve viability in a given role or environment in game by unique class mechanics / interactions. What this means is new class A does not have to be designed to perform optimally only in role X or Y because class B already exceeds at role Z. That is a dead end that zos has fortunately gotten themsleves out of starting with shortly before morrowinds release. The more classes are added to this game, the more critical this design philosophy becomes.

The main things that need to be avoided are...

Class theme redundancy - Considering what is already in game outside of classes ie guild and weapon skill lines etc, does a new class bring something objectively new to the table thematically that is not already represented? Poor examples of this are when people suggest classes be added such as gladiator or elementalist. Gladiator is essentially a weapons master, arena ruler in TES lore, and equipping them with a resto staff and destruction staff thematically doest really fit. Now yes plenty of us did the gladiator arena quest line on our magicka characters In oblivion but this is not a rebuttal and does not really work. Elementalist on the other hand is far to broad, especially when considering various classes in the game already have a very strict connection to certian elements dk with fire, sorc with lightning, warden with ice, couple this the universally available destruction staffs and your thematic range for an "elementalist" is massively constricted.

Class mechanic overlap - simply put, a new class needs to have a unqiue approach built into their core kit, usually in the form of class passive interactions and a hand full of core skills, that allow them to succeed at performing in all aspects of the game be it dps tank or healing. There needs to be some flexibility since this game has numerous universal skill lines that help flesh out builds, but a new class cant simply mirror already existing skills in the game and simply have a different visual flair to set them apart.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 8, 2020 9:48PM
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    The theme is fundamentally already represented in game via templar. Functionality wise there is a lot of overlap as well.

Remember classes in eso are designed with theme and aesthetics in mind first and foremost. So a new class would have to tick off a box that is not already ticked in terms of school of magic represented via the class skill lines along side other thematic aspects.

Next, contrary to popular belief, its functionality does not have to fufill a space not already represented. Classes in eso need to achieve viability in a given role or environment in game by unique class mechanics / interactions. What this means is new class A does not have to be designed to perform optimally only in role X or Y because class B already exceeds at role Z. That is a dead end that zos has fortunately gotten themsleves out of starting with shortly before morrowinds release. The more classes are added to this game, the more critical this design philosophy becomes.

Class theme redundancy - Considering what is already in game outside of classes ie guild and weapon skill lines etc, does a new class bring something objectively new to the table thematically that is not already represented. Poor examples of this are when people suggest classes be added such as gladiator or elementalist.

Class mechanic overlap - simply put, a new class needs to have a unqiue approach built into their core kit, usually in the form of class passive interactions and a hand full of core skills, that allow them to succeed at performing in all aspects of the game be it dps tank or healing. There needs to be some flexibility since this game has numerous universal skill lines that help flesh out builds, but a new class cant simply mirror already existing skills in the game and simply have a different visual flair to set them apart.

Yeah this was my first one so I didn’t really create it to a high standard, not that I didn’t want to, I just had no experience. I left a lot out and didn’t follow a unique skill line. However soon after I created a new one that seems and I personally feel is a lot better than my first one - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540799/new-class-concept-aquamancer?
    Edited by ShadowTrixGamer on August 8, 2020 9:53PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Class theme redundancy - Considering what is already in game outside of classes ie guild and weapon skill lines etc, does a new class bring something objectively new to the table thematically that is not already represented. Poor examples of this are when people suggest classes be added such as gladiator or elementalist.

Yeah this was my first one so I didn’t really create it to a high standard, not that I didn’t want to, I just had no experience. I left a lot out and didn’t follow a unique skill line. However soon after I created a new one that seems and I personally feel is a lot better than my first one - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540799/new-class-concept-aquamancer?

You know, I always found that amusing personally, not that I am against water mastery / magic in my fiction/videogame/mmorpg of choice, I actually like that type of thing, but I do believe TES has never differentiated ice with water in terms of elemental magick, and when you think about it, why should they right? If someone is conjuring ice based destruction magick one would assume if need be they could easily conjure water as well. I mean as far as offesive capability goes, ice carries more weight than deluging someone to dealth. In term of defense, the hard aspect of rock solid ice would make more sense than a water sheild or what not because a water sheild just becomes a magic bubble at that point.

Plenty of fictions have used water as the primary element of restorative powers, and for good reason I guess, water is the core element of life but in TES that property is already represented by another school of magic full stop. Idk.. just some food for thought.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 8, 2020 10:10PM
  • ShadowTrixGamer

You know, I always found that amusing personally, not that I am against water mastery / magic in my fiction/videogame/mmorpg of choice, I actually like that type of thing, but I do believe TES has never differentiated ice with water in terms of elemental magick, and when you think about it, why should they right? If someone is conjuring ice based destruction magick one would assume if need be they could easily conjure water as well. I mean as far as offesive capability goes, ice carries more weight than deluging someone to dealth. In term of defense, the hard aspect of rock solid ice would make more sense than a water sheild or what not because a water sheild just becomes a magic bubble at that point.

Plenty of fictions have used water as the primary element of restorative powers, and for good reason I guess, water is the core element of life but in TES that property is already represented by another school of magic full stop. Idk.. just some food for thought.

The only real use of water in ESO is from Nereids and in Summerset. That shows that it is used at least and may be a thing one day. ESO is a big game with many features, areas and lore that the other games don’t have, (Skyrim for example) so there is a chance they will add it.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They mentioned a new class is coming? Didn't we just get the Necromancer?
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    IronWooshu wrote: »

We did get the necromancer yes but that was Eleswyr, Greymoor was the most recent but that didn’t add a class it added a feature like Summerset added jewellery crafting, Greymoor added antiquities. I presume we’ll get a class next chapter seeing as that’s how the pattern seems to be. However this is just a concept for something I thought would be added to the game, it’s not official or anything I just made it for fun. Also this isn’t my best concept as it’s my first, if you want to see my much better one here it is -https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540799/new-class-concept-aquamancer#latest
    Edited by ShadowTrixGamer on August 9, 2020 7:58AM
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These ideas are really cool. As others have said, they're already covered by the Templar. The shield mentioned is equivalent to the sun shield. skills can't spell out specific divines because they create lore and rp clashes. For example, an Altmer would not use Kynareth's power because they don't believe in Kynareth. Stendarr is more universal for most races.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    Athan1 wrote: »
    These ideas are really cool. As others have said, they're already covered by the Templar. The shield mentioned is equivalent to the sun shield. skills can't spell out specific divines because they create lore and rp clashes. For example, an Altmer would not use Kynareth's power because they don't believe in Kynareth. Stendarr is more universal for most races.

Yeah this isn’t my best as it’s my first concept, which isn’t unexpected. I did do a much better class concept with new abilities and a unique feel - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540799/new-class-concept-aquamancer
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    They confirmed there is a new class coming out?
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aertew wrote: »
    Wishful thinking, more like.

I'm kind of at a loss for ideas in regards to a New classes as all the Archetypes and Elements are already in use by other classes. As is, the NightBlade is already a fairly obscure Class that I suppose was geared towards Thief/Rogues and Weapons expert Stam builds so a new Class would have to be something pretty original.

Templar: Priest / Paladin
    Sorcerer: Mage / Summoner
    Dragon Knight is in the name and Fulfills the Pyromancer role as well as Earth magic
    Nightblade: Rogue/ thief/ Dark magic Shadow weaver
    Warden: Frost Mage/ Nature/ Ranger
    Necromancer is a necromancer...

Also all classes have stam morphs... I'm not really satisfied with the use of Warden Plant magic solely for healing and No poison thornes or anything like that... I would like If Elements were split up into classes for more customization instead of consolidated into a single skill line but I'm basically asking for a new game at this point... Which it may be time for me personally...
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    Aertew wrote: »
    Wishful thinking, more like.

I'm kind of at a loss for ideas in regards to a New classes as all the Archetypes and Elements are already in use by other classes. As is, the NightBlade is already a fairly obscure Class that I suppose was geared towards Thief/Rogues and Weapons expert Stam builds so a new Class would have to be something pretty original.

Templar: Priest / Paladin
    Sorcerer: Mage / Summoner
    Dragon Knight is in the name and Fulfills the Pyromancer role as well as Earth magic
    Nightblade: Rogue/ thief/ Dark magic Shadow weaver
    Warden: Frost Mage/ Nature/ Ranger
    Necromancer is a necromancer...

Also all classes have stam morphs... I'm not really satisfied with the use of Warden Plant magic solely for healing and No poison thornes or anything like that... I would like If Elements were split up into classes for more customization instead of consolidated into a single skill line but I'm basically asking for a new game at this point... Which it may be time for me personally...

Templar: Hoplites/ Paladin/ Priest
    Sorcerer: Dark Mage / Summoner/ Aeromancer
    Dragon Knight: Pyromancer/ Geomancer/ Dragon Attunement
    Nightblade: Assassin/ Shadow Mage/ Witchcraft
    Warden: Cryomancer/ Druid/ Shaman
    Necromancer: Death Mage/ Lich/ Ritualist
  • Morwaenna
    Morwaenna
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the effort you have put into it but as mentioned it sounds a lot like the Templar.

I think something new would be a pirate/scroundrel/duellist archetype build around a rapier/1h sword weapon skill line.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class theme redundancy - Considering what is already in game outside of classes ie guild and weapon skill lines etc, does a new class bring something objectively new to the table thematically that is not already represented? Poor examples of this are when people suggest classes be added such as gladiator or elementalist. Gladiator is essentially a weapons master, arena ruler in TES lore, and equipping them with a resto staff and destruction staff thematically doest really fit. Now yes plenty of us did the gladiator arena quest line on our magicka characters In oblivion but this is not a rebuttal and does not really work.

I've had a thought before that a Gladiator skill line could be a useful third skill line for PVP that could add some basic tools that are useful in pvp that maybe aren't present in class kits. They wouldn't have to be anything fancy either, just as simple as: use X amount of resources, and Y happens. For example, maybe it would have a snare/root/immobilization skill, where all it did for 3000 magicka/stamina was removed all roots and snares. Nothing fancy that would make it shine better than class skills, but would provide nice quality of life utility to pvp.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    not sure about new class. I'd love to see them introduce a dragon priest subclass of the dragon knight
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »

We did get the necromancer yes but that was Eleswyr, Greymoor was the most recent but that didn’t add a class it added a feature like Summerset added jewellery crafting, Greymoor added antiquities. I presume we’ll get a class next chapter seeing as that’s how the pattern seems to be. However this is just a concept for something I thought would be added to the game, it’s not official or anything I just made it for fun. Also this isn’t my best concept as it’s my first, if you want to see my much better one here it is -https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540799/new-class-concept-aquamancer#latest

@ShadowTrixGamer they said in a German stream recently that there will be no new class next year.

Edit: Here you go. Too lazy to dig out the specific comment(s) but several give a summary or highlights of the stream and mention that they said, "no new class in 2021". So the "pattern" will be broken and probably for the reason this forum has found, there's not really room for a new class as we're more or less full on up concepts that fits the Elder Scrolls world.
    Edited by redgreensunset on September 14, 2020 8:00AM