The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Features

• Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll repost this here :
    While i really love the theme and the idea of a frozen lake with a secret cave, i find the building area quite small at the end (compared to moon sugar meadow and Coldharbour Surreal Estate).
    Also, the lake is REALLY enclaved, you can't build anything on the rock or the snow since everything is blocked by invisible wall.

Here's a little drawing showing the actual wall i experienced (red) VS what i hope i would be (blue).
    atd2i86qxmot.jpg

By comparison look at the size of the building area on moonsugar meadow!!!
    dt6i002hgjih.jpg
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • Gorak
    Gorak
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes, furnishings, houseguests and character pathing. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Please change the overall base shape of the new Solitude Stairs to a rectangle from the current trapezoid shape. Elsweyr stairs in there for comparison. sronhg86vfhv.png

3us981tl5nxp.png
    The trapezoid shape makes it much more difficult to stack the stairs as the sides don't line up at all.

@ZOS_CullenLee @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I want a raven avatar, please.
    PC NA; DC ftw
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please add bards as housing NPCs! I would spend a silly amount of money on the hard in mournhold, I love his song and I'm sure others feel the same about him and others!
  • infantasisi
    infantasisi
    Soul Shriven
    • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

The ice lake is big and looks beautiful, but it is not suitable for living

-The gallery is very good. I like it very much, but the internal structure is a bit dissatisfied
    -I want the railing to be movable furniture
    The third floor is a complete loft without holes. I can build a bedroom and a corridor on the second floor.
    rhzn05n48g1b.png
    ddtlxu762h4g.png

Most of the time, the internal structure of the house is different from my ideal appearance, and I cannot change them, resulting in very few options for purchase. The fixed railing hinders my renovation plan.

I need building components to separate indoor spaces
    -Floor, wall, wall with door frame, railing, staircase
    -Floor: Thin without gaps, I don’t want to see the downstairs through the gaps in the second floor floor
    -Walls, walls with door frames: The height is the length of the first floor of the house, and the width is the distance between the two wooden columns. The wall should be thin. The door frame and the door are a set
    ohwv09ewzbqi.png

-Railing: the same style
    -Stairs: Indoor narrow stairs, half a story high. When we need a wider staircase, we just need to splice 2 stairs together
    f29n6b2na6om.png
    -These building components are used indoors. I want clean and beautiful textures without mold

• HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I would like to request for path building for NPC's in your house is the ability to either syncronise nearby NPC's or to be able to see some sort of distance measurement between nodes.
  • Griefclaw
    Griefclaw
    ✭✭
    Testing the pathing feature:

Just a thought, when making walkways like shown in the below, i can walk across this fine and not fall through any gaps at all. But the assistant when walking over it will go down into the water then back up onto the stone then drop down again until they are across. So quite literally walking in the smallest gap possible.

Perhaps making the walking more like the characters walking so its more consistent when going up and down small bumps or like when walking across the below.

9jp4nud4n5v3.jpg
    twitch.tv/griefclaw
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Griefclaw wrote: »
    Testing the pathing feature:

Just a thought, when making walkways like shown in the below, i can walk across this fine and not fall through any gaps at all. But the assistant when walking over it will go down into the water then back up onto the stone then drop down again until they are across. So quite literally walking in the smallest gap possible.

Perhaps making the walking more like the characters walking so its more consistent when going up and down small bumps or like when walking across the below.

9jp4nud4n5v3.jpg
    You can make the pathing work if you keep the objects tight.
    They have to overlap inside the "minimum collision distance", which varies between objects.
    Example below:
    Fw4JXHa.png

This results with behavior like this:

OPVVdWO.gif

Front-facing angle for illustration:

9lZWwZG.gif
    Edited by OmniDo on September 4, 2020 2:02PM