Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Features

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    [*] The only starnge things I noticed are in this video: [/list]
    https://youtu.be/RNAyIaz4Vkw
    It may be working as intended, just thought I'd show it just in case. Path type was set to Loop, and all the nodes had their Speed set to Walk. NPC seemed to not hit 2nd node, but instead miss it by a step every time, and does a strange motion after turning to loop around after the 3rd node.

Check the little arrow on the back node. It is pointing away from the path. Try pointing it down the path and see if that fixes it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭
    What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

Not had chance to see them yet, couldn't see them in Crown Store or Housing List under Collectables tab. Being EU and, therefore, no character copy, I don't have a quick way to get to them in-game. Will check them when I have more time.

Did you test out the new character pathing feature?

Yes.

Were you able to easily figure out how to use it and make everything function?

Pretty much.

Was anything confusing or unexpected?

Wait times could be...longer. Would be good to use a system similar to precise furnishings and be able to toggle between seconds and minutes to allow for longer wait times.

Were you able to check out the new houseguests?

Yes.

Which one did you use?

Tried all three that were in the Crown Store. Noticed there was one more in the Collectables Tab, Phedre I think they were called, but didn't have that unlocked and not sure how that is earnt.

Did they appear to behave as expected?

Generally, yes.

Do you have any other general feedback?

As others have said, give the NPCs the ability to sit down.

I second the suggestion to allow, at least smaller pets, the ability to jump.

Allow pets and NPCs to sleep, I care about their well-being! (Would be a cool reason to put beds in our houses, have each placed bed assignable to one NPC).

Either an option for Keldora to put the tray away or remove it completely tbh. The costume is enough to set the tone of her role and, after a while, it looks really uncomfortable with her continuously holding the tray.

Obviously, do something to allow us to have these NPCs along side our current allotment of pets / assistants by increasing the current limits.

Pricing: I feel these should be around 400-1k Crowns max, with them mainly being around 700 Crowns. This would put them on a par with pricing for non-combat pets, which would feel right to me. I appreciate you're investing a little more in these as a developer due to VA costs but, with accessable pricing, I think these would be offset by greater uptake.

Expand on ones we can earn, I know of one we can earn so far, not sure what future plans are there but should definitely be a good mix of Crown-bought and achievement-earnt NPCs.

Would like to see some 'celebrity' NPCs, especially as earnables. I don't expect the likes of Razum-Dar or Naryu but maybe some recurring NPCs like the Vanos twins, Lady Laurent and Stibbons etc. These especially could be tied to achievements for completing all the quests they offer.

Oh, and I definitely want the Khajiit female bard from Rimmen to sing in my house! (Bards would be a good option and would, imo, be worth 1200 to 1500 Crowns, given that they would function as a guest and music for the house).

• Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

The Dwemer one looks really nice with that open room and alcoves in the beginning; the lake and exterior being a "build your own" space will be cool to see what some people will make there.
    I loved the look of the Antiquarian one; it's super cute looking with a lot of space, but it wasn't really able to be tested as I couldn't purchase it.
    Some initial map markers would be nice, if only on the PTS, so we can find them easier.
    • Did you test out the new character pathing feature?
      • Were you able to easily figure out how to use it and make everything function?
      • Was anything confusing or unexpected?
    Yes I did! It was the first thing I tested.
    It was fairly easy to make nodes, but figuring out how they worked exactly was something I needed to learn.
    I was kind of hoping they would be able to naturally path around objects like walls, stairs, doors etc, but they don't, which is fine, you just need to place a few more nodes to make for smooth movements. The "Random" option isn't so good though, as they will truly go to any node at random, making for some fun, flying pets and whatnot.
    • Were you able to check out the new houseguests?
      • Which one did you use?
      • Did they appear to behave as expected?
    I bought and tested all three houseguests. It was fun trying to make a little route for the barmaid(?) to travel about my home, and decided to try and have her path from the small kitchen and dining through a door. Turns out that works!; granted a little funny as they simply walk through walls, but it works!
    Yes they all did. The scholar was a little funny, but wrote in his book often, the barmaid, though little to say, held her platter high, and the guard... Well he guarded.
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    Regarding nodes, I'm thinking there should be two types of nodes, Pathing Nodes, as they are currently, and Action Nodes. Action Nodes would have houseguests and assistants do things like emotes, sit in chairs, drink or eat, read a book, mock fight, while pets cycle through their idle animations and for mounts maybe jump, even sit (maybe?) or whinny/roar/when you stand still while mounted and jump/etc. and would need to connect to Pathing Nodes. Choosing the "Random" movement option would have them path through placed and connected Pathing Nodes, to try and avoid floating and clipping through terrain, and then path to any connected Action Nodes.

Edited by Froil on July 13, 2020 11:17PM
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As some before me said; the decision to add the guests to special furnishings is really really not good. :neutral:
    One of our biggest complaints has always been the inability to portrait more of our many mounts and pets. Now I would have to remove 3 of them to have those guests which I really would like to have.

Can we convince you of giving us 10 additional special furnishing slots? At least maybe 5? Please allow it. :neutral:
    The inability to place more mounts and pets always convinces me to purchase no further ones, because I am already forced to make due with my elite council of pets and mounts.
    Edited by Dracane on July 13, 2020 11:22PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stillwater's retreat, while somewhat appealing left me a bit underwhelmed. The hidden icy cave on the property was a pleasant surprise but overall it did not inspire me to do a whole lot with the area. And icy lake is great to look at but bad to build upon. However it will look good with some of the icy guar statues on it.

The Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery was a lot better. It looks very appealing and immediately inspired me with decorating ideas.
    I would have preferred a more snowy location for the house as the only other snowy house with an exterior is trapped inside a snowglobe.
    Seeing how this house shares a very similar internal layout to Jarl Reddharn's hall and the Whispering Axe Tavern it is disappointing to see what changes were made to the focus on being an Antiquarian Gallery. Fitting beds seamlessly into the house is rather difficult given how the ground and intermediate floor are too open and the cozy second floor is too divided. As a guildhall or gallery it serves its purpose well, but not as a playerhome which is a missed opportunity. It lacks that flexibility to be either.
    This can be fixed without changing too much if the intermediate floor gets extended to include a gallery that leaves the middle of the room as open as it is now but leads you to the other side of the hall where it opens up another more remote area mirroring the other side that would be perfect for a bedroom. With this change the house would actually be superior to the Whispering Axe Tavern and the Jarl's hall for being more open in the center. A cellar would be nice to have too but considering it's a classic home and not a manor it doesn't need to have all of that.
    I would buy this house in its current state for 300k to 500k gold and with the changes I suggested for 1M to 1.4M gold. Crown-exclusives don't interest me.

• Were you able to easily figure out how to use it and make everything function?
    • Was anything confusing or unexpected?
    Yes but not much. It was easy to figure out as far as I can tell nor was it very confusing.

• Which one did you use?
    • Did they appear to behave as expected?
    Yes, I was able to check them out. I got all three and checked for their dialogue options. They appeared to behave as expected and were moving around properly. I liked Biro the most because he had the most to say.

Given how the game avoids real-world words like "polar"bear or "arctic" fox I am surprised the Antiquarian's Gallery is called "Alpine". There are no Alps in Tamriel so this word must obviously be replaced with something more fitting. Given its location I would call it "Hjaalside" or "Hjaalfalls" Gallery seeing how the Hjaal river flows right through the backyard.

This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Given how the game avoids real-world words like "polar"bear or "arctic" fox I am surprised the Antiquarian's Gallery is called "Alpine". There are no Alps in Tamriel so this word must obviously be replaced with something more fitting. Given its location I would call it "Hjaalside" or "Hjaalfalls" Gallery seeing how the Hjaal river flows right through the backyard.

I doubt that the lore team gets involved in stuff like this.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dwarven mansion in blackreach no buy. Why is this so hard for them to make a good dwemer home? 1. Underground 2. Big I wouldn't mind a huge area full of mushrooms like a courtyard or entry area 3. more dark and evil lighting to it than this 4. What is the obsession with Zenimax adding snow to "dwemer" houses.

No money from me for such a lazy dwarven house. This doesn't even count as one in my book its clearly more of a frost lake home.

At this point I've given up on hope for a fantastic dwarven home its never coming.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

I doubt that the lore team gets involved in stuff like this.

They have before already. Forgot what it was though..
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Could we get please an easel?

We now have a painting in-progress and a palette but no easel...

This! I can't believe we still don't have one despite having the asset in the game since the beginning.

• SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issues I have with the new pathing system is that they count against the special furnishing limit. I'd never buy extra NPCs anyway so it might be fine. We just need an overall increase.
    I don't know if 3 NPC paths are too much, but I have them all outside, sometimes crossing over, my walking gets extremely janky, lagged after a bit, they're all on same settings. Anyone else with 3+ NPCs?
  • shannarab16_ESO
    For house guests please add
    • add bards as guests, where you can choose among your favorite songs
    • change the race and the gender of the NPC guests
    • longer path pauses up to 30 minutes
    • guests should be able to interact with furniture like chairs
    • emotes for guests
    • guests should not count against the special furnishing limit
  • ThoraldGM
    ThoraldGM
    ✭✭✭
    House Guests & Pathing:

The best way to keep this new system fresh indefinitely is for players to not know what their NPCs are going to do next.

That means please add a checkbox for "this NPC lives here, they can go / do everything":
    • walk paths that aren't preset by players
    • use crafting stations
    • use beds and chairs
    • random wait times & speeds at nodes
    • emotes / idles: sit, stand, stretch, play lute, cheer, juggle pumpkins, yawn, etc

... or maybe open up a larger NPC API for addon authors to do this. I created Scavver in Fallout 4 so I would definitely dive into it.

This is a wonderful addition and it's exciting to think about where it can go from here.
  • Internet_Mask
    Internet_Mask
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes, furnishings, houseguests and character pathing. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

The Gallery house is great with one exception. The preplaced tables around the house need to go we don't need a repeat of the problem with the Proudspire Manor fireplace.
    This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes, furnishings, houseguests and character pathing. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

As the Solitude fireplace is now craftable could the preplaced one in Proudspire Manor be removed or flagged as an editable furnishing so we can move it?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Dwemer ice lake house. Not impressed. Ok, some someone wanted a frozen lake house. Why is it there? It is the only frozen lake in the area, so out of place comes to mind first. It should be have been north of Verglas Hollow, where there is a lot of frozen water. That aside, what do you do on a frozen lake? You skate. It's not even slippery. This boils down to a small, but not tiny, one room house with a large terrace that looks like a frozen lake. I'm assuming the Dwemer structure at the rear of the lake is part of Mzinchaleft, since it is basically situated between Ustengrav and Mzinchaleft.

Bugs... probably already aware of the problem with the appearance of the door between the interior and lake. Also, there is a place coming back through the ice tunnel where you can see that the assets don't go all the way to the "floor" under the frozen water and there is a triangle shaped area where you can see through.

Plus: Lots of terrace space to set things up
    Plus: Close to wayshrine
    Minus: Frozen lake is out of place for that location and isn't much fun for a frozen lake.
    Minus: Interior is somewhat small

2) Alpine Gallery. I agree about the naming. Even if "alpine" is a Skyrim thing, it really isn't suited for that location. Overall, I like this place much better than Dwemer Ice Lake, but it suffers from a standard ESO thing that ZOS does with many inside spaces. The outside of the building on the side by the covered terrace does not really match the inside (again). Seriously? You spend all this time making these assets and the inside and outside can't agree? I mean, separately, they are great. Wonderful inside. Wonderful outside. It would just be better of the two went together more often. I did notice that a lot of water is flowing into that little pond, which eventually comes out by the little fishing shack on the river, but there is no exit for the water to go out, as a very large rock has fallen and obviously blocked it. I do want mention that this place is located on the future site of a mountain in a few hundred years, so not much in the way of a long term investment. :smile:

I did not see any bugs while I was running around. Aside from what I mentioned, this is a solid place.

Plus: Lots of interior space and ways to separate areas
    Plus: Exterior garden and terrace area is aesthetically pleasing
    Minus: Does not have a large area to set up big things
    Minus: Far from wayshrine

Edited by Elsonso on July 14, 2020 1:26AM
  • Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭

New Houses are great. New homes are improving with each creation.

Please increase the placable limits and especially the special collectible limit with these new houseguests.
    You give us some wonderful spaces but to decorate them we really do need the limits increased.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stillwaters Retreat: It's...fine? Not great. I don't know, the ice + Dwemer theme is just falling flat for me. I don't know, it feels off. The colors are just odd and conflicting. I also don't really understand the point of such a massive frozen lake. Seems like an odd canvas.

Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery: THIS IS THE GREATEST HOUSE IN ESO HISTORY. However, you HAVE to up this to notable. I will gladly pay the difference. This house has SO MUCH potential for greatness, but the item limit will absolutely crush creativity. Please, please Zos. We as a community are begging you. Make this a Notable, even if you have to raise the cost.

Sure did!

Yeah, pretty quickly. It's actually surprisingly clean and well done.

Not really, no.

Yep!

Which one did you use?

All three!

Yep, worked really well with the new pathing!

MAKE THAT BEAUTIFUL HOME NOTABLE PLEASE!
  • Ariordin
    Ariordin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I worked on creating missions Star Trek Online's Foundry for years before they shut it down. A large part of my time was spent manipulating pathnodes to work properly to make the NPC's you interact with more interesting. This update is extremely exciting to me to the point i had to post about it.

The Antiquarians Retreat is a beautiful house. The only part I found odd was the cliffs above the back lake, they were only reachable from a small path along the east side. Could another path be added in?

Stillwater is probably where I will be holding my christmas celebrations online for the next few seasons!

Did you test out the new character pathing feature? YES :)

The Pathnode UI/new editor UI are clear and should help keep mistakes from happening.

I found the transition turn from one node to walking to the next could cause a sudden/jarring motion if the direction changes to much between nodes. When the character reaches a zero second pause node and continues on you can work around this by placing two or three soft turns to get where you want to go, but if the character needs to turn around more then 90 degrees (from say, looking at a table, then turning around) the motion is often sudden rather then fluid.(the video above is a good example)

You should consider letting a character wait longer then 30 seconds per node. 1,2,5 minute options perhaps. While some creatures/mounts make sense constantly moving, 30 seconds at a node does not give enough time for them to run though more then one of their default emotes.

Yes - Biro is quite the scoundrel.

Which one did you use?
    All three. Please please please add many more ASAP! I need some imperial guards to patrol my villa. Place the *Fry, take my money* meme here.

The Random option for traveling between nodes is quite exciting. However the character will ignore any collision with buildings/furnishings and pass right though them. While i imagine it would be impossible to remove that risk completely with player built objects, would it be possible to only allow the character to pick a random node they are in line of sight with? This might resolve those awkward issues.

The idea of tying the travel speed and idle time to each individual node is amazing. back in STO i'd wish i'd had that. Would it also be possible to assign an emote to a node? For instance, to have a character walk up to node in front of a shrine and run the /pray emote; and then walk up to one in front of a book shelf and run the /read emote. I'd imagine you might need to trim the list of acceptable emotes to pick from.

Would it be possible to have a proximity trigger for a pathnode/character to start moving. For instance, having a Hellhound charge at you when you reach a certain distance from it. (thinking about a halloween themed house)

Please make training dummies also be useable with pathnodes!

All in all this will really give our houses more life. Thank you for this surprising addition to housing.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Love Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery, it does need to have the maximum amount of furnishing slots though, it's one of the best homes in the game if that changes. Stillwaters is okay but not much more.

It works well, but I couldn't find a "remove path" option, removing the object seemed to solve it though. Overall I really like it. It was easy to get a grasp on, well designed.

Which one did you use?

I did, and they are cool. The major problem though is that they are in the same housing limit slot as the pets, mounts & banker/merchant, which means I can 10 at most in the largest houses. That limit is already waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low without the houseguests, and as I prefer animals and utility mainly, I simply won't bother with them since I will never use them due to this limit being far to low. Doubling the amount of special collectibles you could place to at least 20 for the big houses would be a start, but it should be even higher than this, especially if you want to put out more of the guests. Having around 40-50 in the largest houses would be ideal.

Increase the special collectibles limit. It's far too low and when you add new things that are affected by this limit, it makes them far less desirable than they would be otherwise. Increase the furnishing limit for normal furnishings in all houses would also be welcome as it's usually too low, most noticeable in the largest houses.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭

1. Frozen lake too large and useless, textures of dwarwen ruins looks raw. Stone looks to white and pale. Metal elements like dirty gold, not like bronze or brass. I had only one idea what i can do with this house and only because the second of them is a big disapoint.
    2. Gallery: Its too large. It would be much better just ctrl+c ctrl+v Morthal's Jarl's House (or any other). Second floor disapoint, very small and ridiculous place. "Backyard" usless, a great desire to block this whole thing with boulders and never see him

I use all 3 guests. 2 of them disapoint me. Only 3 speech from 1-2 words. Khajiit liked more. Dont know them price, but for first two 1 crown is most optimal price. it would be better if I saw for example Razum-dar. Khajiit is teasing at all that he would like to see artistes. I WOULD LIKE TO!
    Edited by This_0ne on July 14, 2020 9:04AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has had time to reflect a bit more. She has now also managed to locate the diggy house.

The diggy house is very nice - this is, so far, the only place that Khajiit has though she would really like to live in if she played the game of Outside World.

Plenty of nice places to put plants and things and sit for a drink. A sweet rhubarb mead while sat on the stones by the waterfall. Most enjoyable.

Khajiit most hopefully hopes all the tables will be moveable!

Can this one make a request for one or more 'ghost' housing guests please with at least one of them being Khajiit. Might be a nice thing for the Witches Festival. Does not every little village or settlement or crumbly old house have a ghost story of it's own? A wandering spectre or two might be quite seasonally delightful.

And on that point is it a possible future consideration that you could set the guests to appear only during the day or only at night? Or only between certain hours of your choosing say?

The mind of Khajiit is presently all of a buzz with possibilities for these new houses and all the walky guests, present and future.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barezz wrote: »
    I am disappointed that the "Houseguests" count towards the Special collectible limit. That category is already loaded between non combat pets, mounts and assistants.

This is a big issue and unless you plan on upping the limit it will make hem in many homes useless.
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder...can you place / have more than one houseguest of the same kind?
    Will they be crown store only?
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I just take a moment to say thank you? This is the first time a Dungeon DLC has felt exciting for me. With very desirable new houses added to the game, the surprise pathing and Houseguest additions, which have to be two of the coolest things you could have added for housing, by the way, and all these Solitude structural plans as daily rewards (!!) for our Greymoor dalies, it almost feels like this is a Housing DLC as much as it is a Dungeon DLC. So yes, thank you! Because, [snip], this is so cool.

On the PTS, I fully enjoyed setting up my housecats to explore the home, jumping up on furniture and couches, just like they owned the place, just like they should. With so many nodes available, the pathing appeared very life like, watching them scurry around, then stopping to stretch and hiss. I was happy to see that the Houseguests had a few things to say, too! I LOVE the Nord barkeep. Her outfit and the way she saunters around is so adorable.

Just some things that could be a little better, since you asked:
    1. The pathing settings (loop, random, etc.) were not easy to locate. They only seem to pop up as you are finishing your pathing set up, instead of while you are figuring it out.
    2. I'd like for our Houseguests to sit on chairs when you path them directly ontop of a chair.
    3. I'd also like to be able to place a Houseguest lying down somewhere and then path them so they get up out of bed and walk around. It doesn't have to be pretty, but I think it should be an option.
    4. Darien? Yes please. Must collect them all.
    5. Also, I still need a smaller, more homier cabin somewhere, when you get around to it :relaxed:

[Minor Edit for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on July 16, 2020 1:22AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    moonsister wrote: »
    I wonder...can you place / have more than one houseguest of the same kind?
    Will they be crown store only?
    Houseguests are like Storage Chests and Assistants, that go straight into your Collection instead of your inventory and are greyed out after you purchase them. So you can't buy more than 1 of the SAME Houseguest, you can only place the same Houseguests in several of your houses, like other Special Collectibles.

The descriptions of Biro-dar, Keldora and Jorn say 'Purchased in Crown Store' and that's where we get them on the PTS too, so I'm pretty sure those will come from Crowns.

However, there is a 4th Houseguests, Historian Phedre, whose description doesn't have that Crown Store source in it, and we can't buy her on the PTS CS either. So she will probably have a different source. :smile:
    Elsonso wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »
    [*] The only starnge things I noticed are in this video: [/list]
    https://youtu.be/RNAyIaz4Vkw
    It may be working as intended, just thought I'd show it just in case. Path type was set to Loop, and all the nodes had their Speed set to Walk. NPC seemed to not hit 2nd node, but instead miss it by a step every time, and does a strange motion after turning to loop around after the 3rd node.
    Check the little arrow on the back node. It is pointing away from the path. Try pointing it down the path and see if that fixes it.
    Tried it, didn't work. As far as I can tell, the arrows on the nodes determine which way the NPC will be facing if they stand on the node, but doesn't affect their movement direction (node 1's arrow doesn't point towards the path either and he manages to walk properly on that one).
  • objectmanip
    objectmanip
    ✭✭
    The "Solitude Walkway, Stone" does not have any structure on its bottom side and is see-through from below.
    It would be great if a bottom side could be added to it.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery--- PLEASE make this a notable house. Its currently listed as classic, and there is no WAY this can be properly appreciated and furnished as a classic house.

It is, by far, the best house ive ever seen. its beautiful. I want it.I want to make it a new guild hall and make it amazing. If it only has a classic limit on not only traditional furnishings, but collectibles and special items, this simply will not be possible.

This. This place is very obviously NOT a house but a gathering hall of some sort. That being the case, it ABSOLUTELY needs to be a 24 player space.

But on this topic, why oh why ZOS are you so hellbent on NOT giving us houses that characters would actually live in? Why is the only castle we have STILL the Daggerfall Overlook?

Both of these "houses" are very pretty. But I will not be buying either of them. Give me a 24 player castle like that in Western Skyrim and I'll happily pony up the crowns. You've done nothing but disappoint me for ages now.

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery is a great house, and a bad gallery. Another dark place. How can a gallery be this dark? A great layout, and terrible light for showcasing things. Some players are handy in creating good light themselves, but just some.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Zyva wrote: »
    Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery--- PLEASE make this a notable house. Its currently listed as classic, and there is no WAY this can be properly appreciated and furnished as a classic house.

It is, by far, the best house ive ever seen. its beautiful. I want it.I want to make it a new guild hall and make it amazing. If it only has a classic limit on not only traditional furnishings, but collectibles and special items, this simply will not be possible.

This. This place is very obviously NOT a house but a gathering hall of some sort. That being the case, it ABSOLUTELY needs to be a 24 player space.

But on this topic, why oh why ZOS are you so hellbent on NOT giving us houses that characters would actually live in? Why is the only castle we have STILL the Daggerfall Overlook?

Both of these "houses" are very pretty. But I will not be buying either of them. Give me a 24 player castle like that in Western Skyrim and I'll happily pony up the crowns. You've done nothing but disappoint me for ages now.

After we finish Castle Thorn, we should be able to claim it as our own. :smile:
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This DLC is so good for housing. You have delivered on many of the things people have asked.
    There is a noticeable improvement in recent DLC in the quality of new homes being added. These two new homes are absolutely amazing. The layout, the look.. everything... just absolutely A1 in my opinion.
    Still Water has an amazing balance between prebuilt structure and outside open plot, it just offer huge potential.
    The Antiquarian house is simply perfect! In the past, houses have often been more corridors than functional spaces, but the layout on this house is great. I love the vast open interior space and the outside setting is both functional and beautiful.
    Normally I always like to build my own house structures but the Antiquarian home is just so perfect that I will be decorating as is.
    On the new furniture additions, I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart! These new structural items are so fabulous. The doors are something we have asked for ages so thank you for listening and delivering. The textures are beautiful and I can I just say a particular kudos on the solitude floor. I love the fact that it has two sides and offers two completely different floor options.
    The NPC's and pathway function is great. Easy to use and very smooth. This functionality is something that has been asked for since the beginning of Housing and its great to see it delivered so well. The NPC's on their own would have been super but added to this pathway function, its just a really great addition.
    I have absolutely not one single suggestion to add to this DLC. It gets 100% in my view.
    Thanks to the housing team for listening and delivering.
    Sorry, actually, just one small point to add - the new roof piece is fantastic and thanks again for delivering something that has been asked for, but just one small point, the problem with roofing was never the flat slopes, these could easily be done with wooden platforms, the difficulty was, and still remains, how to fill the triangle at either side under the roof. This roof piece would make a lot more sense if either it came with the gable included or if you could give us a separate matching gable piece.
    Edited by Zypheran on July 14, 2020 1:37PM
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As to the houseguests, those are neat! Please add more! I need Breton guardsmen! And I second the idea of making target dummies able to walk a path as well! My necromancer would LOVE to have her skellies wandering about! And I hope this means you are going to be giving us GHOSTS soon!

But I must also say these houseguests need their own category so they do not make me choose between my beloved dogs and cats and them!