The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magblades and such tested???

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
With all the "talk" around the changes for each Mag class/build has anyone tested say like Magblades, and if so are things looking good or no? Myself no pts so just curious, granted whatever is tested can all change in a heartbeat but still wondering the direction things are going...
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP? PvE? Ganker? Bomber? Straight-up dueller? Dungeons? Arenas? Trials?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade has always been a strong pve dd and maybe the best build for vma and they got some serious buffs.
  • Merciful17
    Merciful17
    ✭✭✭
    In PvP magblades kinda suck compared to other classes. However they are getting some minor buffs this patch so that's good. Also they are buffing war maiden by a lot and it will be very very good on magblades since all of their magicka abilities deal magic damage.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    PvP? PvE? Ganker? Bomber? Straight-up dueller? Dungeons? Arenas? Trials?

pve...just pve...nothing but pve...lol. ;)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best for vMA? No, not for me. I'm a PvP magblade main, but I mostly take my magplar into vMA. I'd probably also take a stamsorc or pet sorc before magblade or even my stam DK personally. I can't speak to what's best at a very high level of proficiency, but in terms of ease of use I find magblade surprisingly lacklustre. That's despite a bunch of favorable factors, such as healing while attacking (Swallow Soul, Sap Essence, Siphoning Attacks) having a decent ground DOT (Twisting Path) and being ranged. I go into vMA with PvE gear and PvE skills, though as a PvPer the one thing I haven't tried is Dark Cloak. Then again I'd argue that Shadowy Disguise is a useful skill in vMA. Though I don't normally slot it, you can use it to shed aggro from "Taking Aim" archers, if you get caught in a position where you can't interrupt or kill them immediately.
    Edited by fred4 on August 2, 2020 9:52AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Magblade has always been a strong pve dd and maybe the best build for vma and they got some serious buffs.

how is anything stronger than magsorc in vma?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend got 2-3k dps boost on magblade thanks to changes, which is 3% dmg? (No vamp nor stranglers) but it might be because PTS is less laggy.

And I agree with people saying magblade is ez vMA, I don't play mine & when the update was incoming (perfected weapons) I got no death on him.
  • Norqo
    Norqo
    Soul Shriven
    Had with blood for blood and meduna 98k, without blood for blood its very hard to sustain and haven‘t tested it so far but i guess about 94k