The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Relequen only 10 Stacks???? Thrassian -6000 health???

ungama
ungama
Hello,
today I read the new PTS Patch notes and I'm shocked about some Changes.
Why gets Relequens only 10 Stacks with 300 dps per stack.

In a time calculation of 10 seconds it now will do 30k at the actual patch is it 54k. That means there will be 24k dmg nerf-ed from this gear. >.>
In the most times you use this set for tests, but now it's completely useless. It's always a Single Target set and not an AOE set. Many other sets now are Stronger than Relequens and you can throw it after these notes into the rubbish bin.
If it gets the same changes as Siroria, in my opinion it is better if the dmg reaches up to 350 or 400 dps per stack than is already fine for other sets.
Consider it's already a Single Target set and in real Situations you have already problems to get up the effect if there is more than one Add.

Next thrashing strangler, yes this set is really strong. But please explain why someone would play it after these notes? You get -6000 health with maximum stacking. In every raid situation do you die in PVP and 850 magic and weapon power at maximum stacks? That is more negative than positive.
I think so it's ok that they will get a nerf but not so hard like this.
Changes to magic and weapon power are fine, but please consider changes to negatives.
-50% shield and -6000health, nobody will play with it and for a mythical item it's just terrible.
With -1000 health everyone can live with it and if you increase more damage it is better to get 30% more damage and -30% shields.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It will probably be dead for end-game PvE (never was considered for PvP anyway) but I think it'll get some niche use in farming easy content. I think that's what they intend with it.

I frequently go into both normal and vet dungeons (non-DLC) with max stat+regen blue food and with only 11-12k HP, just to maximise my dmg and sustain. If the mechanics are easy to avoid and not very hard hitting at all then it's not a problem.

If you go into vet trials with 11-12k hp you'll likely insta-rip on any damage from adds and mechanics. But then again, I think they want to make it extremely hard if not impossible to use them to push score in trials. Which is what we've been seeing these last couple of months. People doing vSS and vKA with max stacks and the set becoming a must have for record/leaderboard attempts.
    EU | PC | AD
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    It will probably be dead for end-game PvE (never was considered for PvP anyway) but I think it'll get some niche use in farming easy content. I think that's what they intend with it.

I frequently go into both normal and vet dungeons (non-DLC) with max stat+regen blue food and with only 11-12k HP, just to maximise my dmg and sustain. If the mechanics are easy to avoid and not very hard hitting at all then it's not a problem.

If you go into vet trials with 11-12k hp you'll likely insta-rip on any damage from adds and mechanics. But then again, I think they want to make it extremely hard if not impossible to use them to push score in trials. Which is what we've been seeing these last couple of months. People doing vSS and vKA with max stacks and the set becoming a must have for record/leaderboard attempts.

The scores that are set right now are what scares me, they will become unbeatable. Greymoor will most likely be the most powerful (magicka) builds will ever become in this game. Maybe it's time to reset the scores back to pre-Greymoor, as much as that sucks, or adjust them or something. Unbeatable scores are no fun to anyone.

*** devs obviously not playing their own game and introducing the most power creep by far ever...
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The scores that are set right now are what scares me, they will become unbeatable. Greymoor will most likely be the most powerful (magicka) builds will ever become in this game. Maybe it's time to reset the scores back to pre-Greymoor, as much as that sucks, or adjust them or something. Unbeatable scores are no fun to anyone.

*** devs obviously not playing their own game and introducing the most power creep by far ever...

I am extremely cynical when it comes to stuff like this. I don’t believe the devs are either dumb or don’t play their own game. They knew what they were doing with Thrassian, but they were more concerned with selling copies of Greymoor. The power creep was too big and obvious to be a mistake.

I don’t know how possible it is to reset all scores (has it ever been done before) but ethically speaking, they should.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭

100% Agree. I'm a Stam DD (unwanted in trial most of the time. Having good knowledge, dps, capacity to survive. I'm often the last alive in trials (with the tank?) ffs) and i WONT ever beat the score made in vMA for example, by MadDD with Stranglers. I had a little hope when they added Weap DMG to it, but as they nerf it even more it make them useless (let's say : ultra niche use)

I'm desapointed. I started as a templar, playing StamDDs, and now there is no place for us and it will be even worse with the incoming patch.

Add Minor slayer to AY please. For now, on my last parse, Releq was fine but it's laready a niche setup. What is the point to nerf it anyway. -
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AY is fine, it’s now a super strong front-bar set. Adding minor slayer will likely come at the expense of another stat bonus and that will be a nerf. Because you’ll likely pair it with either Lokke, Rele or VO anyway. If you’re running Thrassian, it’s the monster set that drops out.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    AY is fine, it’s now a super strong front-bar set. Adding minor slayer will likely come at the expense of another stat bonus and that will be a nerf. Because you’ll likely pair it with either Lokke, Rele or VO anyway. If you’re running Thrassian, it’s the monster set that drops out.

Not wrong, but i would also pair it with Deadly as a Stamplar. VO isn't really needed (i use it for vMA), Lokke will need huge Synergy to be feed and Releq is only worth for heavy ST static fight.
    That's why i'm "working" on the best setup i can use for Dungeon for example.

But you're right, they will nerf something if they add Minor Slayer to it. Maybe better to stick at how it is now. At least, not all sets have been nerfed.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The relequen proc damage is nerfed by 25% at max stacks compared to live. We can now get to max stacks in 10 seconds, down from 20 seconds.

Relequen’s sustained dps is down but the set becomes more viable in fights with target switching or damage stops.

In the long term, this might be good for dps balance if stamina builds are no longer balanced around a purely single target proc set that does 10%+ of their damage.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »
    I'm desapointed. I started as a templar, playing StamDDs, and now there is no place for us and it will be even worse with the incoming patch.

Add Minor slayer to AY please. For now, on my last parse, Releq was fine but it's laready a niche setup. What is the point to nerf it anyway. -

Adding minor slayer to AY sounds great for a stamplars that can pair it with deadly strike but terrible for other stamina classes. It would effectively undo the buff to AY when paired with relequen, lokestiiz of any other trial set that has minor slayer. Please don’t do this.
  • Oingloin
    Oingloin
    Soul Shriven
    Kolzki wrote: »

Adding minor slayer to AY sounds great for a stamplars that can pair it with deadly strike but terrible for other stamina classes. It would effectively undo the buff to AY when paired with relequen, lokestiiz of any other trial set that has minor slayer. Please don’t do this.

people used Lokke+Rele for ages and they both have minor slayer. Would be a nice buff and would increase diversity.
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ungama wrote: »
    In a time calculation of 10 seconds it now will do 30k at the actual patch is it 54k

I don't get your calculation. If you are taking into account only max stacks, then pts relequen will do 3k dps on it's own, while live will do 4k. They both get buffed by minor/major slayer and minor/major berserk, etc, but base dps drop will be 1k. Where did you get 54k? Why do you use 10 secs?
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oingloin wrote: »

people used Lokke+Rele for ages and they both have minor slayer. Would be a nice buff and would increase diversity.

I bet that the devs would see that AY is a heavy set and add minor aegis instead.
  • Oingloin
    Oingloin
    Soul Shriven

I bet that the devs would see that AY is a heavy set and add minor aegis instead.

that would be so funny.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Rele and Lokke, apart from having stronger 5p bonuses, have perfected versions with an extra stat that allows you to ignore the duplication of Minor Slayer in the combination. Unless they create a stronger, Perfected version of AY (highly unlikely, seeing what happened with VO and PFGD) they aren't going to just randomly hugely buff the set by adding Minor Slayer without taking away anything or requiring you to refarm it. Practically 0 chance of that happening.

So yeah, if they take away an existing bonus for Minor Slayer (which is the only way I see it being added) it will be a nerf because Minor Slayer will likely be present on your other set 99% of the times. Therefore the set will be worse than it is on Live and end up not getting use, hurting diversity instead of helping it.

Edited by Maulkin on July 29, 2020 1:05PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s face it these changes mean that both the gloves and rele are now trash sets

Gloves are now completely useless for both pvp and pve. Who wants to take a highly situational 6k nerf to heath whilst getting only slightly more damage than BSW and having to kill 50 things to do it

Relequens will no longer be used for dummy humping and will be replaced with something else

Both these sets are now Decon fodder

That’s as constructive as I can be

• Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relequens will no longer be used for dummy humping and will be replaced with something else

Do you have parses for higher single target dps setup without relequen? Can we see them?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »

Both these sets are now Decon fodder

Why? What other set gives ~7.5k single target dps on its 5p bonus alone? And actually that's just part of the 5p, since it also gives stamina on perfected.

I reckon Lokke has bigger chance of becoming decon fodder on current PTS trajectory. The new meta is likely to involve Necro buff bots with MA/WM giving you high uptime of Major Slayer combined with Major Vuln. So if you don't wear Lokke or Rele what will you wear?
    EU | PC | AD
  • seerevaloc
    seerevaloc
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    today I read the new PTS Patch notes and I'm shocked about some Changes.
    Why gets Relequens only 10 Stacks with 300 dps per stack.

In a time calculation of 10 seconds it now will do 30k at the actual patch is it 54k. That means there will be 24k dmg nerf-ed from this gear. >.>
    In the most times you use this set for tests, but now it's completely useless. It's always a Single Target set and not an AOE set. Many other sets now are Stronger than Relequens and you can throw it after these notes into the rubbish bin.
    If it gets the same changes as Siroria, in my opinion it is better if the dmg reaches up to 350 or 400 dps per stack than is already fine for other sets.
    Consider it's already a Single Target set and in real Situations you have already problems to get up the effect if there is more than one Add.

Next thrashing strangler, yes this set is really strong. But please explain why someone would play it after these notes? You get -6000 health with maximum stacking. In every raid situation do you die in PVP and 850 magic and weapon power at maximum stacks? That is more negative than positive.
    I think so it's ok that they will get a nerf but not so hard like this.
    Changes to magic and weapon power are fine, but please consider changes to negatives.
    -50% shield and -6000health, nobody will play with it and for a mythical item it's just terrible.
    With -1000 health everyone can live with it and if you increase more damage it is better to get 30% more damage and -30% shields.

They're nuke-nerfing the sets for the sake of top-notch 2%'s abuse. The rest 98% is prohibited from their joy.
    So balanced in their short-sighted perspective.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Advancing Yokeda is COMPLETELY FINE as it is now, it doesn't need Minor Slayer.

And I'm actually inwardly pleased that Relequen is getting toned down a bit as I was never a fan of a cheesy "free damage" proc set forming the backbone of Stamina PvE DPS.

Someone on the forum observed that Stamina DPS was propped up by the raw power of Relequen and Lokke and that if Stamina users were forced to use the equivalent sets of what MagDPS has been wearing for generations then the gulf between Magicka and Stamina would become cavernous in Magicka's favor. As such, toning down those sets can perhaps provide room for buffs to Stamina classes and abilities which is much healthier for overall game balance than relying on one or two prima facie overpowered sets.

I also think that the Thrassian Era will probably be regarded like the Steroid Era in baseball, where the records still stand but you kind of roll your eyes and put an asterisk over them because you know that they were obtained under highly anomalous conditions.
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    agreed that thrassian is doo doo. relequen is still doing 7 to 9k DPS single target, depending on your thaum setup for your build. so relequen is probably still very usable in a lot of situations. Testing on my stamplar which I only run 13 into thaumaturge, it was still doing 7-8k dps
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    Advancing Yokeda is COMPLETELY FINE as it is now, it doesn't need Minor Slayer.

And I'm actually inwardly pleased that Relequen is getting toned down a bit as I was never a fan of a cheesy "free damage" proc set forming the backbone of Stamina PvE DPS.

Someone on the forum observed that Stamina DPS was propped up by the raw power of Relequen and Lokke and that if Stamina users were forced to use the equivalent sets of what MagDPS has been wearing for generations then the gulf between Magicka and Stamina would become cavernous in Magicka's favor. As such, toning down those sets can perhaps provide room for buffs to Stamina classes and abilities which is much healthier for overall game balance than relying on one or two prima facie overpowered sets.

I also think that the Thrassian Era will probably be regarded like the Steroid Era in baseball, where the records still stand but you kind of roll your eyes and put an asterisk over them because you know that they were obtained under highly anomalous conditions.

that's a very good argument. I like it, but ZOS dosent give buff to classes easily (just check Templar...) And the only thing i fear is seeing my main useless and benched for 6 month until next patch (or more)
    Which i dont want... I didn't put my effort into my Main just to reroll now.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

I think you're misreading it somewhat:
    Arms of Relequen (and Perfected):
    • Reduced the maximum stack count of this set to 10, down from 15, to better mirror the changes to Siroria.
    • Reduced the cooldown of generating stacks to 500ms, down from 1 second.
    • Increased the damage per tick to 300 per stack, up from 200 per stack, to ensure the DPS remains the same.

Harmful winds deal 300 Physical Damage every 0.5 second. 10 stacks max.
    vs
    Harmful winds deal 200 Physical Damage every 1 second. 20 stacks max.

Using the same timescale you mentioned, over the course of a max stack time window of 10 seconds it now will do 60K (10*300*2*10) at the actual patch this is 40K (20*200*10).

Basically 3K every half second (or 6K every second) vs 4K every second. I'd call that a buff, not a nerf. Or I could be misreading that too and it does max 3K per tick and the .5 is only ramp up time for stack generation. Either way it's clearly intended to break from single target lock-in.
    Overall this will make the set take less time to ramp up and be more viable outside of single target encounters.
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 30, 2020 12:59PM
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Hello,

• Reduced the maximum stack count of this set to 10, down from 15, to better mirror the changes to Siroria.
    • Increased the damage per tick to 300 per stack, up from 200 per stack, to ensure the DPS remains the same.

vs

Using the same timescale you mentioned, over the course of a max stack time window of 10 seconds it now will do 60K (10*300*2*10) at the actual patch this is 40K (20*200*10).

Basically 3K every half second (or 6K every second) vs 4K every second. I'd call that a buff, not a nerf. Or I could be misreading that too and it does max 3K per tick and the .5 is only ramp up time for stack generation. Either way it's clearly intended to break from single target lock-in.
    Overall this will make the set take less time to ramp up and be more viable outside of single target encounters.

I'm lost here? Nothing about that says the Harmful Winds will do it's damage every half second; it says that you can now stack faster than 1 stack per second. Meaning if using a set like Blood Moon and it triggers your increased LA speed will no longer gate you from generating stacks faster than the person not using Blood Moon.

The stacks will still trigger every second just like the original set did. It just takes less time to reach full efficiency.
    300 x 10=3000 DPS no CP
    200 x 20 = 4000 DPS no CP

The "Same DPS" part is referring to their earlier in the week changes.
    "Arms of Relequen:

Reduced the maximum number of stacks from this set and the perfected version to 15, down from 20.
    Fixed an issue where the damage could return as Direct Damage in some cases."

200 x 15 = 3000 DPS.

It is a form of a nerf but I've rarely if ever seen people actually get 20 stacks and maintain it for more than 2 seconds on any given trial fight so I'm perfectly happy with the "nerf" if it means the early stacks are far more effective since that's more likely what will be triggering.
    Edited by Kittytravel on July 30, 2020 1:55PM
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    It is 3k per second at max stacks. The stacks can be built every half second, which seems kind of irrelevant since you only weave one light attack and one skill per GCD.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 3k per second at max stacks. The stacks can be built every half second, which seems kind of irrelevant since you only weave one light attack and one skill per GCD.

It's a direct buff to Werewolves using Relequens/Blood Moon combo.
    Edited cause I typed nerf instead of buff.
    Edited by Kittytravel on July 30, 2020 1:58PM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

vs

I'm lost here? Nothing about that says the Harmful Winds will do it's damage every half second; it says that you can now stack faster than 1 stack per second. Meaning if using a set like Blood Moon and it triggers your increased LA speed will no longer gate you from generating stacks faster than the person not using Blood Moon.

The stacks will still trigger every second just like the original set did. It just takes less time to reach full efficiency.
    300 x 10=3000 DPS no CP

"Arms of Relequen:

Reduced the maximum number of stacks from this set and the perfected version to 15, down from 20.

200 x 15 = 3000 DPS.

It is a form of a nerf but I've rarely if ever seen people actually get 20 stacks and maintain it for more than 2 seconds on any given trial fight so I'm perfectly happy with the "nerf" if it means the early stacks are far more effective since that's more likely what will be triggering.

Yeah I corrected myself over the stack generation, and yes, the same dps is in reference to 15 stacks not 20. Either way though, not really worth the tears OP was shedding.
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 30, 2020 2:10PM
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

vs

300 x 10=3000 DPS no CP

"Arms of Relequen:

200 x 15 = 3000 DPS.

Yeah I corrected myself over the stack generation, and yes, the same dps is in reference to 15 stacks not 20. Either way though, not really worth the tears OP was shedding.

Ah I missed your correction haha maybe I should read. But yes I can agree overall this seems like a buff more than a nerf since early damage will ramp faster and late damage wasn't usually achievable at 20 stacks.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair score should reset each time a big patch / extension hit the live server, just basic logic.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]