The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Stamnecro need a nerf

Red99
Red99
✭✭✭
Its ridiculus that there is not any nerf to stamnecro yet (pvp perspective)
Edited by Red99 on April 22, 2020 2:37PM
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about instead of nerfing them, we buff other classes accordingly?
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedReign wrote: »

nah dude. they're literally stronger than the most op version of stamblade in the history of this game. i know because ive played a stamblade since beta. they need a nerf or a redesign in their damage mitigation/healing. i mean stamden and stamcro are behind pay walls though so i doubt it will happen. atleast blackrose prison dw was nerfed. that was a good start.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You realize the current meta is magcro and magdk, yes?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »

For PvE, yes.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭

For starters, I'd like to think he's speaking of PvP...

But secondly, this post exactly demonstrates why the original post is useless. No one knows what you're talking about, everyone will have a different opinion, and no one will know if their opinion is in agreement with the OP or not because the OP didn't actually say anything...

Lets try to get this thread on track by, I don't know... identifying something that you find overpowered about the Stamina Necromancer?

Is it that Dizzy spam needs to be nerfed because it's overpeforming? But how does that relate to the Necromancer specifically?

Is it that Berserker Strike is overperforming? But how does that relate to the Necromancer class specifically?

Is it Mortal Coil is healing for too much? But is that Stamina Necromancer specific?

You get the idea... OP, what would you like to discuss?
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In PvE, I'll be the devil's advocate, magnecro is very weak, and mDK is already on the way out with Asylum destro nerf. Magnecro can't even brag being a ranged spec, it's in abysmal place on its own. Before mDK's rise, people were stacking stamcros where possible.

Though I suspect that OP is talking PvP, where, admittedly, blastbones are crazy.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

For PvE, yes.
    Ahh, that explains his reply. At first I was scratching my head and wondering if he was trolling.
    Atherakhia wrote: »

But secondly, this post exactly demonstrates why the original post is useless. No one knows what you're talking about, everyone will have a different opinion, and no one will know if their opinion is in agreement with the OP or not because the OP didn't actually say anything...

Lets try to get this thread on track by, I don't know... identifying something that you find overpowered about the Stamina Necromancer?

Is it that Dizzy spam needs to be nerfed because it's overpeforming? But how does that relate to the Necromancer specifically?

Is it that Berserker Strike is overperforming? But how does that relate to the Necromancer class specifically?

Is it Mortal Coil is healing for too much? But is that Stamina Necromancer specific?

Lots of generic Stamina stuff probably needs a bit of (downwards) tweaking, but IMO the biggest issue that's specific to Stamina Necromancer is their morph of Blastbones having such a powerful debuff attached to it. If you want/have to stand and fight with a Stam Necro, you're going to be Major Defiled 100% of the fight, and that's simply too strong.
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixing the buggy tripple ticks of mortal coils would be a good start and pretty sure no1 in pve would care about it. But hey, people still dont talk about it, because they know how broken the *** is. Next thing would be changing major defile to minor defile on blastbones. Again a change no1 in pve would care about. Zero conflict changes here that would already fix 70% of the necro ***.
    Edited by Yuke on April 23, 2020 10:45AM
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    fixing the buggy tripple ticks of mortal coils would be a good start and pretty sure no1 in pve would care about it. But hey, people still dont talk about it, because they know how broken the *** is. Next thing would be changing major defile to minor defile on blastbones. Again a change no1 in pve would care about. Zero conflict changes here that would already fix 70% of the necro ***.

Tbh they should remove the defile all together
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just swap major for minor defile and leave stamcro alone that tweak saves the pvp and pve versions for moronic nerfs and bad tweaks
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just swap major for minor defile and leave stamcro alone that tweak saves the pvp and pve versions for moronic nerfs and bad tweaks

Defile doesn’t matter in pve. Remove it, completely. The skill tool tips higher than most ults
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blastbones is stronger than most ultimates damage wise and it also provides major defile (remove it it is not needed at all).

If you debuff Necro with a dot they heal more.

They have crazy crazy amounts of healing that you need to burst them completely or else they just heal right back to full faster than you attempted to burst them if they are left with very little hp.

They have major protection in a skill (but pirate skeleton is op along with brp duel weild right?)

They have too much mitigation to go along with their heavy hitting class skill.

When you play a stamcro and are a good player that class can make you feel like you are untouchable. Then you go back to another class and die in seconds......

Yep sounds balanced to me.

That doesn't sound like it is a dizzy or berserker strike problem to me.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones barely works in PvP, its incredibly clunky to cast, can be outrun, can’t dealth with anything other than flat terrain and the thing literally stands there then disintegrates When the timer runs out In the lag. warden bugs is a far better and exponentially more consistent delayed damage ability, with warden also having shimmering shield and major beserk on bird, with major mending proc on low health, I run 3 offensive sets on my stamcro vs 1 on my stamden and the stamden tooltips for the same abilities are still better. the only thing keeping me on a stamcro is the 10% mitigation on the guardian. Most stamcros I see are C grade bombing attempts or half tanks bots whos goal is to not die and offer nothing more than the blastbones defile. i would much rather see the atro and deaden pain get a nerf more than anything else at this point. but would happily trade in major defile for an ability half as consistent as sorc curse.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Blastbones barely works in PvP, its incredibly clunky to cast, can be outrun, can’t dealth with anything other than flat terrain and the thing literally stands there then disintegrates When the timer runs out In the lag. warden bugs is a far better and exponentially more consistent delayed damage ability, with warden also having shimmering shield and major beserk on bird, with major mending proc on low health, I run 3 offensive sets on my stamcro vs 1 on my stamden and the stamden tooltips for the same abilities are still better. the only thing keeping me on a stamcro is the 10% mitigation on the guardian. Most stamcros I see are C grade bombing attempts or half tanks bots whos goal is to not die and offer nothing more than the blastbones defile. i would much rather see the atro and deaden pain get a nerf more than anything else at this point. but would happily trade in major defile for an ability half as consistent as sorc curse.

IDK, in BGs at least, my blastbones is pretty reliable.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's really easy to point the porblems of necro but the question is how they gonna fix it . since they just nerf something to ground and then buff it back to skies , I'm afraid we wont ever have class balance .

Restoring Tether scales of highest offensive stat that makes it really strong on a stamina or magicka with stacked weapon damage and spell damage , combined with Near-Death Experience passive crits to much when health is low.
    restoring tether itself heals so much and you can stack it on top of vigor or rapid regen and Spirit Mender .

necros dot mitigation from Disdain Harm insanly effects thier tankiness against a class like dk or any build that uses dot as damage pressure even if they dont use purge.
    major defile for such a low cost and high uptime on top of high burst damage from blastbone is so strong and no way to avoid it's constant spams . a similar skill is wardens Scorch that you can easily avoid and still applies less effective debuff.

current meta is malacath and it works much better on warden than necro , so if meta change and we remove malacath , necro will become even more powerful compared to other classes .
    Edited by ebix_ on July 24, 2020 6:12PM
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    remove the defile or change it to minor this is a must ,blighted blastbones are so overpowered
    high dmg skill, delayed,100 precent uptime on defile, its disease dmg so its can proc minor too
    and unluck stam sub you cant los it cause it's follows you, its so overloaded and need to be nerfed
    and not some stupid nerf to dmg that will affect pve
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedReign wrote: »

Good idea. Let's give every class' hard hitting ability Major Defile, and give every class' iconic ultimate major vulnerability.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the defile that's the issue.

They got rid of easy access major defile patches ago. Yet necro gets in in a skill that hits harder than most ults and procs a bunch of super powerful passives for using it.

It's ridiculously dumb.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    No!
    it's the only class(with mag and stamsorc) I can withstand the upcoming proc set meta, without to adapt this playstyle by myself.

And it's important to notice that I'm a paying casual player, not able to learn mechanics and to counter classes and play styles or simply accept that some specs are a natural counter to my playstyle.
    Also the other players can't be better then me in any spec or scenario I could imagine, so they are cheating or class x is op.

So you have to balance this game around my needs and perspectives of joy and fun.

:trollface:
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    Mortiis13 wrote: »
    No!
    it's the only class(with mag and stamsorc) I can withstand the upcoming proc set meta, without to adapt this playstyle by myself.

And it's important to notice that I'm a paying casual player, not able to learn mechanics and to counter classes and play styles or simply accept that some specs are a natural counter to my playstyle.
    Also the other players can't be better then me in any spec or scenario I could imagine, so they are cheating or class x is op.

So you have to balance this game around my needs and perspectives of joy and fun.

:trollface:

what are you on about ? they talk about the problem 100 precent uptime on the defile of stamina blastbones
    and no one gonna survive next patch procs sets on no cp , NO ONE.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever this thread or any stamcro thread pops up; I have a different opinion. Because I have a stamcro and know how good the defenses are and how good Blastbones is when it works. Yet I dont play it much. Not because I'm not decent with it or some moral stance. It literally just isnt fun for me because its keeping blast bones going every 3 seconds, buffs, and corpse absorbing. It's very sequential.

Not sure if I'm doing a decent job explaining it, but a nerf to 1 thing probably will make the entire class trash. Left as is, it's on the OP side.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Whenever this thread or any stamcro thread pops up; I have a different opinion. Because I have a stamcro and know how good the defenses are and how good Blastbones is when it works. Yet I dont play it much. Not because I'm not decent with it or some moral stance. It literally just isnt fun for me because its keeping blast bones going every 3 seconds, buffs, and corpse absorbing. It's very sequential.

Not sure if I'm doing a decent job explaining it, but a nerf to 1 thing probably will make the entire class trash. Left as is, it's on the OP side.

45% healing reduction spammable is simply too strong. And that is not true. All they have to do is replace it with minor defile and some other damage buff. They could also keep the major defile though have the ability debuff the necro when casted. They could make it only cause major defile under certain circumstances. Or they could simply add a cool down to the ability. There are so many different things they could do to nerf it to make it a more intelligently used ability instead of a major defile spam without destroying the class.
    Edited by nublife01 on July 26, 2020 9:38AM
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least fix blastbones snare bug.
  • Oldaraness
    Oldaraness
    ✭✭
    A strong nerf in pvp perspective is a must. It's not possible can't kill one Necro in 3 toons...
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Member when reverb and incap had Major Defile? Good times, they were too "over-tuned" xD

[snip] and they wanna make Necro as appealing so people buy the class.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 27, 2020 4:29PM
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with that. Make them do disease/apply minor instead seems reas
    nublife01 wrote: »

45% healing reduction spammable is simply too strong. And that is not true. All they have to do is replace it with minor defile and some other damage buff. They could also keep the major defile though have the ability debuff the necro when casted. They could make it only cause major defile under certain circumstances. Or they could simply add a cool down to the ability. There are so many different things they could do to nerf it to make it a more intelligently used ability instead of a major defile spam without destroying the class.

At this point it should be plainly obvious that the Stamina morph should be minor defile and the mag morph should be minor vuln. I'm really not sure the skill needs to be changed in any other way. It already does a reasonable amount of damage and this change would be fine. The class will likely need more (much more) changed, but it will probably have to wait till a large scale class overhaul which heaven only knows when that will happen.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with that. Make them do disease/apply minor instead seems reas
    nublife01 wrote: »

At this point it should be plainly obvious that the Stamina morph should be minor defile and the mag morph should be minor vuln. I'm really not sure the skill needs to be changed in any other way. It already does a reasonable amount of damage and this change would be fine. The class will likely need more (much more) changed, but it will probably have to wait till a large scale class overhaul which heaven only knows when that will happen.

"Reasonable amount of damage"........ It does as much damage as ultimates.............. When you compare a regular move to an ultimate you know it's doing too much damage.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blighted Blastbones is without a doubt one of if not the most powerful damaging abilities in the game. It has no real counter other than negate and maybe some AI issues in laggy situations. It's excellent at revealing Nightblades before they even break cloak, it can also serve a defensive use by body blocking attacks in front of the Necromancer, it can cause hamstring, hits like absurd truck and of course the Defile one of the nastiest offensive debuffs out there.

If there's going to be a change in the stamina necromancer it would be without a doubt a change to Blighted Blastbones.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Stamcro isn't the best...I have all classes in mag and stam. If you don't like your current setup, create a new one! I'm constantly being killed by nightblades in PVP, but I wouldn't complain about them asking them to be nerfed. If you think a stamcro is OP, make one for yourself and you'll quickly see that they aren't really all that great. My DKs and Templars are far superior to my necros, both stam and mag. It really comes down to how you fine tune your setup... You have to consider racial passives, cp point setup, weapons, jewelry, and armor selection. You need to use the correct traits and make adjustments based on what you need, not what Allcast suggests. Little things make all the difference. Know your racial passives and create your build based on those passives. Don't forget about jump points. If you don't know about that, you are potentially wasting a ton of cp points. :-)
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I have with StamCro is that it's too strong without having to take too many risks. Similarly to MagSorc: quite a simple and easy gameplay...that would not be an issue. The issue I have is that from 'quick and easy' to play it can easily become uber and immortal