The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mac client accessibility CRITICAL

demerdecanswrath
demerdecanswrath
✭✭✭
Listing, for the second year in a row, the biggest experience-impairing issues:

1. Cursors disappearing/freezing in place constantly.
2. Non-latin character languages are not autoswitching and the UI consists of square blocks for keyboard hints.
3. macOS character menu popping up on key holding (e.x. to walk/run).
4. No actual windowed fullscreen mode (for use as a separate macOS space, as all default apps and games do).
5. PS4, Xbox & MFi controllers a mess in default button maps (some even unusable).

Implement native macOS APIs in the client executable (eso.app). Utilise game controller APIs and the default window control functions.

This will make the .app thinner on runtime, more stable and far, FAR more compliant with each user's machine and preferences.

Stop changing the window border for the CFO - do something - .
Characters:
  • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
  • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
  • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listing, for the second year in a row, the biggest experience-impairing issues:

1. Cursors disappearing/freezing in place constantly.
    2. Non-latin character languages are not autoswitching and the UI consists of square blocks for keyboard hints.
    3. macOS character menu popping up on key holding (e.x. to walk/run).
    4. No actual windowed fullscreen mode (for use as a separate macOS space, as all default apps and games do).
    5. PS4, Xbox & MFi controllers a mess in default button maps (some even unusable).

Implement native macOS APIs in the client executable (eso.app). Utilise game controller APIs and the default window control functions.

This will make the .app thinner on runtime, more stable and far, FAR more compliant with each user's machine and preferences.

Stop changing the window border for the CFO - do something - .

Yup and you did not even list all of the issues particular to the Mac client, that is the sad bit.

Putting in tickets feels useless at this point. As does posting anything in the Mac technical forums. Are they ever going to fix the laundry list of issues? Any of them?
    Edited by BlueRaven on July 18, 2020 11:00AM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped playing on my Mac over a year ago, which is a huge shame as it was my preferred platform.

Support from ZoS for the Mac has been getting worse and worse for years - I'm surprised they still state that it's a supported platform to be honest. I don't know whether they just haven't got a clue what they're doing with Mac, or whether they simply never play on a Mac to test their code, but either way it has left the game borderline unplayable.

Maybe the Mac team also manages the EU server infrastructure. Would explain a lot.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no response.

Not surprised.