Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make engine guardian untargetable.

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
All the other monster helm sets that produce a pet are untargetable so why is engine guardian targetable? Maw of the inferno use to be targetable but that was changed. So why not engine guardian. That is even worse of a line of sight (LOS) blocker than maw was because it just stays right next to the person. Maw at least would run and attack someone so you had to actually run to it if you wanted to use it for LOS.

I understand that using engine guardian as a LOS blocker is really the main purpose of this set vs resource regeneration. But, if that is going to stay then make all sets that create pets targetable for the same benefit. So either all untargetable or all targetable.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all pets should be untargetable.
    shade is untargettable.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All should be untargetable
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or at least give us an option in the combat menu to ignore pets.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make all pets untargetable please. I bet this would also be good for their server performance plans.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    shade is untargettable.
    WW Pack Leader dire wolf pets are untargettable too. Imho all monster / regular set pets should be.

The problem though is Sorc, as it relies on pets. Balancing that can be problematic. Imagine Twilight Matriarch in PvP that is untargettable and for example provides pretty strong heals, but you can do nothing about it...
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc and stam ward player using EG I would like and dislike it. My magsorc needs the extra Los it provides cause he's full glasscanon. My stam ward is a brawler and is in need for the full sustain it provides so untargeting and especially unbashable would be better for it.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shade is untargettable.

And all pet should be invisible to the party.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mortiis13 wrote: »
    As a sorc and stam ward player using EG I would like and dislike it. My magsorc needs the extra Los it provides cause he's full glasscanon. My stam ward is a brawler and is in need for the full sustain it provides so untargeting and especially unbashable would be better for it.

Glass cannons are very rare in this game due to design. Going full spell damage and magicka or full weapon damage and stamina also boost the effectiveness of healing and thus survivability. It is only though gross over reliance on proc sets that we see glass cannons.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been asking for this for a long time ... however it should be a pet target toggle in game to give players the option as I know some players like to bash the adds.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mortiis13 wrote: »

Having the extra mitigation from pets is not fair IMO. What about the players who don't use pets? I play a glass canon magplar and I don't use any pets from monster sets and still do fine.
    Edited by Weesacs on July 19, 2020 8:58PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    /signed
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously wtf
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    shade is untargettable.
    WW Pack Leader dire wolf pets are untargettable too. Imho all monster / regular set pets should be.

The problem though is Sorc, as it relies on pets. Balancing that can be problematic. Imagine Twilight Matriarch in PvP that is untargettable and for example provides pretty strong heals, but you can do nothing about it...

You basically can't do anything about it anyways. Their cast time is so short it is almost an instant cast. I have never been able to stop a sorc from getting his pet back out after killing it. Trying to fight a sorc as a melee is near impossible because you can't gap close them when they have two pets and engine guardian out.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Chokethorn untargetable?
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭

Chokethorn is targetable. I don't understand why but it is.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can go either way on this, but think they should all be treated uniformly. Being able to attach them adds more dpth both by LOS and killing then as counterplay. Making them untargetable allows for focusing the owner and killing two birds with one stone. This is one of the rare cases I think more homoginization, either way, is better.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    I've been asking for this for a long time ... however it should be a pet target toggle in game to give players the option as I know some players like to bash the adds.

This. Solve the problem in a purely PvP way, so that PvE doesn't get further messed up as a side effect.

Besides, in dungeons they already did make pets untargetable.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making all pets untargetable would be a great change. Therefore, don't expect it to happen.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if they are untargetable, do they become unkillable?
    The Moot Councillor
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think pets should be targetable
    Pets are already hard to kill they reset 90% of the time before you can kill them so won’t effect gameplay other than they won’t be a free LOS
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shade is untargettable.

How do you deal with Breath of Life? Because it would be the same case in case of untargetable Matriarch.
  • setayco
    setayco
    ✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »

Chokethorn is targetable. I don't understand why but it is.

It is targetable for the chance to interrupt the heal.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And deconable
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could make it so pets LOS the user as well. That would significantly change the dynamic. In order for a person to shoot you when they are using pets they have to expose themselves.

Imagine if they made it so friendly players LOS people. That would significantly change the zergs. LOL.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    You could make it so pets LOS the user as well. That would significantly change the dynamic. In order for a person to shoot you when they are using pets they have to expose themselves.

Imagine if they made it so friendly players LOS people. That would significantly change the zergs. LOL.

Aren't they? Because both my Matriarch and my Guardian have a penchant for standing between me and the node I'm trying to harvest and I have to shift around to get to it.
    The Moot Councillor
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to happen. Basically, any class, any spec, that wants to cheese it up can equip engine guardian, gets OK sustain, and a highly imbalanced amount of free mitigation with it body blocking.

It's dumb, and highlights the imprecise targeting system.

Skills/Items shouldn't derive their usefulness from ESO's flaws.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still silence on this issue and players still benefiting from it in BGs.

Sigh ...
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so stupid seeing this set on very class, mag or stam, with players just cheesing up the annoying body blocking Engine Guardian provides.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    /Signed. All pets should behave this way, balanced accordingly and reduced in size to stop obstructing tanks and pvp combat. Maw and Matriarchs are ugly and annoying.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /Signed. All pets should behave this way, balanced accordingly and reduced in size to stop obstructing tanks and pvp combat. Maw and Matriarchs are ugly and annoying.

You don't like guessing when to block? :D With changes that made block less reliable, it's ultra annoying esp. on servers like PC EU that always lag.