Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Defend the Home of the High Elves During the Summerset Celebration"

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    "Receive extra loot from all daily quest rewards, resource nodes, world, trial, delve bosses, and Psijic Portals (only in Summerset!)."

Oh wow, double nodes except for Psijic Portals, they will have double in summerset only. Bummer.

Probably because Psijic Portals work more similarly to treasure chests. And I don't recall that treasure chests ever got double drops from any event.

Just double aurbic bits from Psijic Portals would be nice though.

Interestingly, this will be the FIRST event with double drops from Psijic Portals. In previous double-drop events, Portals were excluded.

Note that there is at least one Antiquity lead that drops from Psijic portals in Summerset or Arteum. The competition will be fierce!
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 17, 2020 3:17PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea that geysers and clams are not supported. Not end of the world, but no reason they shouldn't be. Clams are a resource node and Excluding world events is a bad precedent to just randomly decide to exclude other events/arena/trials from events in the future. Which are the useful things to get better drops from during events, only a select few actually care to try and run around fighting for resource nodes or random boss drops.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this event, Giant Clams, Geysers, and fishing holes aren't included in the extra rewards.

:disappointed:
    Psijic Portals, Resource Nodes, World Bosses, Delve Bosses, Trial Bosses, and Daily Quest Rewards are all doubled in Summerset/Artaeum during this event. You can also earn two Crest of the Welkynar/weekly trial quest coffers from Cloudrest. Hope that clears things up!

:star:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

1) can you clarify please, new outfit style pages will drop only from Glorious Summerset Coffer
    of from regular Summerset Coffer too?

2) will it be bound or you can trade those style?

3) how many pages this outfit style will contain?
    Edited by Env_t on July 18, 2020 9:44AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psijic Portals, Resource Nodes, World Bosses, Delve Bosses, Trial Bosses, and Daily Quest Rewards are all doubled in Summerset/Artaeum during this event. You can also earn two Crest of the Welkynar/weekly trial quest coffers from Cloudrest. Hope that clears things up!

But not public dungeon bosses?

Thanks for the clarification!!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so waiting for double drop from public dungeons and fishing... One can hope, right?
    Edited by Nairinhe on July 20, 2020 6:31PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    1) can you clarify please, new outfit style pages will drop only from Glorious Summerset Coffer
    of from regular Summerset Coffer too?

2) will it be bound or you can trade those style?
    @Env_t According to the original information on the PTS server (link in this thread), "All coffers have a chance to drop a style page for this event’s new outfit style, the Snowhawk Mage." That said, some of the PTS article wording about the event is different, i.e. they stated that EVERY Summerset daily/weekly(Cloudrest) quest done would drop a coffer (as well as the small chance from bosses/other stuff), so it would be good to have confirmation from ZoS - or just wait and see.

Also, Style pages that you get from coffers during events like this are usually possible to trade, but they will also be on sale from the Impressario for event tickets, and THOSE style pages are bound. (That is, you can trade/gift crown store event tickets, but not the style pages bought with event tickets.)

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    @Pyr0xyrecuprotite "Psijic Lighting Globe, Small" actually is craftable. The praxis can only be obtained through a vendor on Arteum who sells a number of psijic designs (with available purchases restricted by your level in the psijic skill line). Both the designs as well as the items crafted from them are account bound and untradeable.

Where can I find this vendor on Arteum? Edit: nevermind. 2 years and never noticed her
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on July 19, 2020 9:15PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • DianeLu
    DianeLu
    Soul Shriven
    Can somebody clarify if daily crafting writs can also drop coffers/extra res?
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DianeLu wrote: »
    Can somebody clarify if daily crafting writs can also drop coffers/extra res?

They shouldn't, because that's not Summerset-related dailies. IIRC only during Anniversary event there's additional drop from crafting dailies
  • DianeLu
    DianeLu
    Soul Shriven
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    They shouldn't, because that's not Summerset-related dailies. IIRC only during Anniversary event there's additional drop from crafting dailies

Thank you very much! That's what i think too. I just wanted to make sure for my uncomprehending guildmate :) Maybe now he will agree with me haha

• igniz93
    igniz93
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudrest doesn't drop double the loot... Is this intended? The wording on the article and on the comment is just so confusing.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the confusion. Cloudrest is not included in the double loot drops. Only the Crest of the Welkynar and trial quest coffer are doubled. I have edited my previous comment for clarity.
    Staff Post
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Why isn't Cloudrest included?
    2) Correct me if I'm wrong but... Why is it that we can only earn 39 tickets during this event (3 a day, 13 days total), when 40 tickets are required to unlock the Indrik?
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the confusion. Cloudrest is not included in the double loot drops. Only the Crest of the Welkynar and trial quest coffer are doubled. I have edited my previous comment for clarity.

So uh.....why isn’t the Summerset raid included in the Summerset celebration?

Can we get a reason for this cuz i gotta be honest, it’s REALLY weird.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only reason to play this event is vcr?

Why are you not including vcr?

Your game performance already rock bottom, you keep nerfing sets to get your crownstore and dlc sales up and now you excluded trials from you events... why is that? Take away only reason to participate on this event for more experienced players?

Btw your loot RNG system is broken and is there an ETA on fixing that?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudrest should be included. Sunspire had double drops during the related event, pretty sure Halls had double drops during Morrowind event. Why is Cloudrest not receiving the same rewards (especially given that it's got one of the most convoluted loot structures to begin with anyway)?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So not only are they gimping players on ONE event ticket (you earn 39 during this event by my math, unless I'm wrong, and need 40) to unlock an Indrik *cough* maybe because you can buy tickets with crowns *cough* but now we have been getting conflicting information.
  • igniz93
    igniz93
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is extremely confused and disappointed about this. Why would you not include Cloudrest IF you mentioned trials? You've edited your post because even you thought that cloudrest was included, since "trials" were included, but a higher-up told you it wasn't included, right? Which means there is confusion even amongst ZOS staff.

This doesn't look good and is just another example of ZOS disappointing the community.

• Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Only real fix would be for the community to take a month or 2 off the game cancel eso plus , kill their cash flow and maybe they would fix issues with performance and stop shafting us players .. but that would take the community standing down together .. which will never happen .. so other than that we can complain in forum nothing will change and they will censor anything that speaks the truth
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So not only are they gimping players on ONE event ticket (you earn 39 during this event by my math, unless I'm wrong, and need 40) to unlock an Indrik *cough* maybe because you can buy tickets with crowns *cough* but now we have been getting conflicting information.

When tickets started it used to be 1 ticket per day and really tight.
    They've added more variety to the store, more tickets per day.
    Many people have tickets left over from the previous event even.
    And the Nascent Indrik is available at basically every event.

Stop squeezing ZOS for every penny and maybe just show up for events.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This won't be the only event this quarter. In previous quarters there have been more than enough tickets across all of the quarter's events to buy feathers and berries for that quarter's indrik.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have enough tickets, so.... maybe try that argument on someone else. The issue is that it is one ticket away for any players who don't have any tickets to start, to unlock the Indrik. ONE. Plus you have to buy berries if you want to unlock the NEW Indrik which is being plastered everywhere. Is this a pleasant experience for any players who don't understand how events work? No. And if you want to get technical, it does not cost ZOS any pennies to make this event feasible/reasonable: play every day during the event, and you have enough to unlock the prized mount. JUST ONE TICKET MORE.

Don't advertise prizes as though they are obtainable when they are, conventionally, not. Players aren't squeezing for pennies. Players are asking for fair, honest, intuitive events. Or clear expectations, ya know, for like if Cloudrest is included in the event or not.
    Edited by Scion_of_Yggdrasil on July 23, 2020 6:51PM
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course cloudrest isn't included ... they don't want to make it easier to get the ever elusive siroria inferno staff!!
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have enough tickets, so.... maybe try that argument on someone else. The issue is that it is one ticket away for any players who don't have any tickets to start, to unlock the Indrik. ONE. Plus you have to buy berries if you want to unlock the NEW Indrik which is being plastered everywhere. Is this a pleasant experience for any players who don't understand how events work? No. And if you want to get technical, it does not cost ZOS any pennies to make this event feasible/reasonable: play every day during the event, and you have enough to unlock the prized mount. JUST ONE TICKET MORE.

Don't advertise prizes as though they are obtainable when they are, conventionally, not. Players aren't squeezing for pennies. Players are asking for fair, honest, intuitive events. Or clear expectations, ya know, for like if Cloudrest is included in the event or not.

First off; the basic, nascent, Indrik has been available for almost 2 years now and each event can't be based around the assumption that it will be everybody's first event. Secondly, each Indrik morph is available for the entire quarter, not just a single event, so there will be a minimum of three events during that quarter to earn tickets. You're not expected to be able to earn the full amount of tickets during a single event. It's been like this since the first event tickets were released.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Secondly, each Indrik morph is available for the entire quarter, not just a single event, so there will be a minimum of three events during that quarter to earn tickets.
    Where did you get that? Summerset event, just like two last MYM events, provides 2 berries. That means there will be at most 2 more events this quarter to get two other berries (and a pet). It is entirely possible that there will be only one another event this quarter that will also provide 2 berries.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭
    You double drop the coffer but not the boss drops? I'd be disappointed if this wasn't the kind of moves I'd expect from zos anymore lol. Next up... crownstore scrying skill line because its intentionally slow to level up?
    Programmer of FenrisBot for discord.
    The helper bot for ESO. Console Focused.
    Check out https://norsewolfgames.com/fenrisbot for more information or to add it to your discord!
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *sees vcr isn't included with boss drops*

Welp. No reason to bother then.
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭

Why is cr and mol the only 2 trials that don't get double drops during their events? What's your reasoning???
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epic fail on your part, ZOS. Cloudrest is the only location that has something interersting to offer in terms of itemisation.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.