Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Defend the Home of the High Elves During the Summerset Celebration"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
n85xkly1v025.png

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Defend the Home of the High Elves During the Summerset Celebration"

Experience the beauty and danger of the High Elf homeland during the Summerset Celebration event and you’ll earn bonus rewards and collectibles.
Staff Post
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!
    One of the best events is back. And a lot of crown items are waiting for my purchase.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Sounds a bit like the last Murkmire celebration. Should be fun!
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    The article doesn't say how many tickets will be awarded each day, at least not that I could find.
  • Mellirus
    Mellirus
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, I love Summerset, but... no announcement of Grand Psijic Villa returning to the Crown Store :(

Been saving crowns and waiting for a pretty much full year hoping they'd bring it back this year, especially with the Summerset event. Really bummed out about this.

Maybe there's a chance still though. Please ZOS. <3
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will nodes in Summerset drop double resources? Usually zone-specific events feature double resources but I do not see that mentioned explicitly in article.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article doesn't say how many tickets will be awarded each day, at least not that I could find.

"Of course, to acquire these new berries, you need Event Tickets. During the event period, you can acquire three as an additional reward for the first delve, world boss, Abyssal Geyser, or Cloudrest trial quest you complete each day—the same activities you were already doing for the event!"

Looks like 3 tickets awarded each day.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article doesn't tell us where to get the motif. It will be only available through tickets??? Woah...
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reward box either???
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Could you please verify that Gifting the Summerset Collector's Pack to players who already own Summerset will work fine?
    There have been issues in the past where trying to gift a Crown product fails when the recipient already owns a portion of the contents, even though a fix had supposedly been done. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6530330/#Comment_6530330
    Thank you.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 15, 2020 2:50PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    The article doesn't tell us where to get the motif. It will be only available through tickets??? Woah...

"These reward boxes can contain all kinds of valuable items, including set items, crafting materials, furnishing recipes, and pages of the brand-new Snowhawk Mage outfit style!"
    No reward box either???

"...first time you complete an Abyssal Geyser, delve, world boss daily quest, or the Cloudrest trial weekly quest each day, you’ll earn a Glorious Summerset Coffer in addition to your regular rewards."

"...Summerset Coffers ... might not have quite the same volume of luxuries as their Glorious cousins, but they can be earned from even more activities"

Did you read article at all?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Will nodes in Summerset drop double resources? Usually zone-specific events feature double resources but I do not see that mentioned explicitly in article.

Resource nodes are mentioned early on in the list of things that will give "extra loot." I guess we can assume that means double drops.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can ZoS please update the article or reply here to advise if, during the Summerset event:
    • will Giant Clams (as "resource nodes") give double drops?
    • will Geysers will give double rewards? (I'm aware that they have a chance to drop a Summerset coffer.)
    • will there be any extra rewards from fishing? (In Summerset/Arteum only of course.)
    I'm assuming that EVERYTHING in the zone will have a (small) chance to drop the Summerset coffers.

PS: I'd like to thank the ZoS team for giving us all a decent lead time on the Summerset event announcement, instead of just announcing the event a day or two before it starts!
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 15, 2020 4:30PM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reward box either???

Read the article or do cntrl+f to find the word ‘reward’
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've waited 6 years for a Nordic mage robe like this. Strange I would find it in Summerset, but no matter, it's finally here.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Excellent!
    One of the best events is back. And a lot of crown items are waiting for my purchase.

Hmm...this is the first time this event is being held. Don't confuse it with the Summerfall event, which was just get all striking locals to raise the meter to get the free horse and house (and pet/costume? - can't remember which).

This is the first "anniversary" celebration, which will give us the usual double rewards for dailies, double resources from harvest nodes, and special event boxes that have a chance at containing the new motif, in addition to lesser boxes that can drop from any activity, node, etc.

Thank ZOS that this is not like the Murkmire event, where we had to get our tickets from killing mobs. Even our first "guaranteed" box we had to farm from mobs. What a disaster that event was, but it seems they learned their lesson. Don't add RNG to getting the special "guaranteed" daily boxes and tickets, just keep it to the loot in the boxes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are 3 furnishings you can purchase from the Impresario that aren't craftable or earnable in-game:

Alinor wall mirror
    Alinor pergola
    Alinor monument

You can easily get the Summerset Coast, Refined painting by doing a very simple, straightforward quest there, so don't waste tickets on that (or gold at guild traders).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 15, 2020 7:39PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mellirus wrote: »
    Great stuff, I love Summerset, but... no announcement of Grand Psijic Villa returning to the Crown Store :(

Been saving crowns and waiting for a pretty much full year hoping they'd bring it back this year, especially with the Summerset event. Really bummed out about this.

Maybe there's a chance still though. Please ZOS. <3

If you have enough Crowns, contact support and ask to buy the house. I have heard of other people doing this.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are 3 furnishings you can purchase from the Impresario that aren't craftable or earnable in-game:

Alinor wall mirror
    Alinor pergola
    Alinor monument

You can easily get the Summerset Coast, Refined painting by doing a very simple, straightforward quest there, so don't waste tickets on that (or gold at guild traders).

@Jayne_Doe I couldn't find any TTC listing for the "Psijic Lighting Globe, Small", so I expect that it is not craftable. The "Alinor wall mirror, Ornate" DOES have a TTC listing - but no items listed for sale. Update: apparently the Ornate wall mirror is a 190C crown-store only item, not craftable.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 15, 2020 11:07PM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pyr0xyrecuprotite "Psijic Lighting Globe, Small" actually is craftable. The praxis can only be obtained through a vendor on Arteum who sells a number of psijic designs (with available purchases restricted by your level in the psijic skill line). Both the designs as well as the items crafted from them are account bound and untradeable.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!

Hmm...this is the first time this event is being held. Don't confuse it with the Summerfall event, which was just get all striking locals to raise the meter to get the free horse and house (and pet/costume? - can't remember which).

This is the first "anniversary" celebration, which will give us the usual double rewards for dailies, double resources from harvest nodes, and special event boxes that have a chance at containing the new motif, in addition to lesser boxes that can drop from any activity, node, etc.
    I think there was a Summerset event once. Maybe it was held together with the Morrowind event? I remember it, because I have done Summerset world bosses on my young characters, as there were a lot of players due to double rewards.
    It is possible, though, that I am remembering the 5th game anniversary. Then it was just a teaser of this event.
    one mer to find them,
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!

I think there was a Summerset event once. Maybe it was held together with the Morrowind event? I remember it, because I have done Summerset world bosses on my young characters, as there were a lot of players due to double rewards.
    It is possible, though, that I am remembering the 5th game anniversary. Then it was just a teaser of this event.

@Olauron, you're thinking of the Summerfall event (September 2018). That was SIMILAR to the current "celebration/anniversary" event in that both were double-drops on harvestable nodes (I think), but different in that:
    • there was no daily Glorious Summerset Reward coffer as in the upcoming summerset event (the coffers and style pages are new)
    • The Summerfall event had a specific community-wide goal (everyone had to get the "Pathfinder" achievement), that unlocked three special rewards (pet, mount and the Grand Psijic Villa house, free for all owners of the Summerset zone at the time).

Interestingly, the original article for Summerfall does NOT mention double resource node drops (Is my memory faulty?), nor event tickets - was this really back BEFORE we started the event ticket treadmill?
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 15, 2020 9:38PM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!

@Olauron, you're thinking of the Summerfall event (September 2018).
    Interestingly, the original article for Summerfall does NOT mention double resource node drops (Is my memory faulty?), nor event tickets - was this really back BEFORE we started the event ticket treadmill?
    I think not, because some of my characters were not yet created at the time of Summerfall. I have searched for Morrowind celebration and it was without Summerset, so it is likely that Week 2 was that Summerset celebration in my mind.

Yes, Summerfall was just before indriks and tickets.
    one mer to find them,
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the notice this time. It's appreciated.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    "Receive extra loot from all daily quest rewards, resource nodes, world, trial, delve bosses, and Psijic Portals (only in Summerset!)."

Oh wow, double nodes except for Psijic Portals, they will have double in summerset only. Bummer.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Receive extra loot from all daily quest rewards, resource nodes, world, trial, delve bosses, and Psijic Portals (only in Summerset!)."

Oh wow, double nodes except for Psijic Portals, they will have double in summerset only. Bummer.

That sentence is worded so poorly. Is the "only in Summerset" intended to apply to the portals, or the entire list of things?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Probably because Psijic Portals work more similarly to treasure chests. And I don't recall that treasure chests ever got double drops from any event.

Just double aurbic bits from Psijic Portals would be nice though.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

That sentence is worded so poorly. Is the "only in Summerset" intended to apply to the portals, or the entire list of things?

@Techwolf_Lupindo @Elsonso The double rewards from dailies and nodes (including Psijiic Portals) ONLY applies in Summerset - and presumably in Arteum too, since that minizone is part of the Summerset DLC. You will not get double resource node drops from nodes in other zones. (Agree that it's a bit poorly worded that way).

Note that regular quests in the Summerset/Arteum zone will NOT have double rewards - but all loot gained in the zone has a small chance of also coming with a Summerset coffer while you are questing there.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excellent!

@Olauron, you're thinking of the Summerfall event (September 2018).
    I think not, because some of my characters were not yet created at the time of Summerfall. I have searched for Morrowind celebration and it was without Summerset, so it is likely that Week 2 was that Summerset celebration in my mind.

Yes, Summerfall was just before indriks and tickets.

Yes, I think you are thinking of Week 2 of the Anniversary event last year. Summerfall was a unique promotional event, and the first of its kind. Dragon Rise was the promotional event for Elsweyr, and it was very similar to Summerfall, though it did have tickets earnable as well. But, I get confused any more since there are so many events, now. And, they now have to skip anniversary events in a given year. We had Morrowind and Orsinium last year, but I don't expect to see them this year. We missed CWC last year, so I expect to see it this year, etc. Well, everything is subject to ZOS so who knows what events we'll still have this year - outside of the expected holiday events. I presume we'll have a similar promotional event for Greymoor.

Anywho, enough about that. I'm looking forward to returning to Summerset and earning the new outfit style. And getting more Culanda Laquer. I'm also planning to pick up some of those furnishings I mentioned previously. I only have 3 tickets going into this event (since I splurged on cake during the Anniversary event, and didn't do the IC dailies during MYM). But, we can earn up to 39 tickets with this event, so enough to get both berries and have tickets to buy a couple furnishings (assuming they're priced like the ones offered during the IC event last year, which were 1-2 tickets each).

See you all in Summerset next week!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker, @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    :smile:

One of the key sentences in the Summerset event write-up is ungrammatical:

As you venture throughout Summerset, you’ll receive extra loot from all daily quest rewards, resource nodes, world, trial, delve bosses, and Psijic Portals (only in Summerset!).

And it's vague even in its best-guess reading. Could somebody please clarify it?

I think it means to express that there will be extra loot from ALL resource nodes, ALL trial bosses, ALL delve bosses and so on, but not necessarily from other trial sources such as random mobs. (Strictly speaking, it ambiguously says there is extra loot either from all "trial" or else just from some "trial", but since both options are meaningless we're left to guess at the intended point.)

1. Is that what it is supposed to mean?
    2. What kind of extra loot? Double drops across the board, or something else?

Thanks!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the key sentences in the Summerset event write-up is ungrammatical:

As you venture throughout Summerset, you’ll receive extra loot from all daily quest rewards, resource nodes, world, trial, delve bosses, and Psijic Portals (only in Summerset!).

And it's vague even in its best-guess reading. Could somebody please clarify it?

It will be interesting to see if they respond.

1) We will find out soon enough, once the event starts and we can observe what happens. Here, delay equates to us answering the question for ourselves. Besides, someone may have tested this on a PTS, or remember from a previous event, and they can answer. Delay means less work, same results, as we can eventually find our own answers.
    2) The CMs are busy and don't have the time to stop an answer every question, so they may only answer this if they are certain of the answer without having to ask. Besides, #1... Delay means less work, same results, as we can eventually find our own answers.
    3) If they have to ask, the people they ask are busy and don't have time to stop and answer every question. Of course, there is always #1... Delay means less work, same results, as we can eventually find our own answers.

I agree about that sentence, though. I was taught by a professional writer that any time you have to use parenthesis in a sentence (to add a clarifying phrase) something is wrong with the sentence. :smile:

Edited by Elsonso on July 17, 2020 12:37PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can ZoS please update the article or reply here to advise if, during the Summerset event:
    • will Giant Clams (as "resource nodes") give double drops?
    • will Geysers will give double rewards? (I'm aware that they have a chance to drop a Summerset coffer.)
    • will there be any extra rewards from fishing? (In Summerset/Arteum only of course.)
    For this event, Giant Clams, Geysers, and fishing holes aren't included in the extra rewards.

Psijic Portals, Resource Nodes, World Bosses, Delve Bosses, and Daily Quest Rewards are all doubled in Summerset/Artaeum during this event. You can also earn two Crest of the Welkynar/weekly trial quest coffers from Cloudrest. Hope that clears things up!
    Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on July 23, 2020 5:29PM
    Staff Post