The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Necromancer Blastbones and Siphon..

mzprx
mzprx
✭✭✭✭✭
howdy folks,

i am encountering an issue with my Necromancer. well, two issues. both with Magicka as well as Stamina Necromancers..

1)
Blastbones don't work properly. every now-and-then the skill just decides to "black out". and i mean that literally. as you can see from the picture below the icon goes black and the skill won't fire until i swap bars, sometimes even after that. no idea why is this happening, but it's really frustrating. one of my most damaging abilities is not working properly. it doesn't happen during a dummy parse but happens quite often during actual combat. i can live with the fact that the skeleton is *** and many times just stands there, not sure what target to run to, until it explodes doing no damage, but this... it can't be my addons, as i've tried to delete them all and it was still happening..

1sZbqqz.jpg

btw, i am on PC EU, but i use the Xbox controller..

2)
the Siphon skill (the one that deals damage, not the healing one) is not much better, to be honest. many times i know there are dead bodies around, i can see them, but the skill itself can't. i press the button again and again and it won't do anything. again, tried it without any addons, same result. and i don't use many addons, just the basic ones, like skyshards, lorebooks, minimap, quality of life stuff. nothing major, like the whole UI overhaul..

is it me? am i doing something wrong? or is it the game/class that is bugged? is there a way to get rid of it somehow? make it work as intended?

any and all advice will be much appreciated..
Edited by mzprx on July 11, 2020 12:12AM
  • And0ssus
    And0ssus
    ✭✭✭
    Thats the typicall necromancer issue, don't worry happens to all of us.

But i can give you some Tips.
    1st: don't Cast the Blastbone on an uneven ground. Thats the issue most of the time why Blastbone won't work probably (besides lag, Boss is moving, etc) and ignore the "Blackout". Idk why thats Sometimes Happens, but the Blastbone did go off (or Timer ran Out) and you can cast it. If u look closely, there ist no Blastbone on your Picture.

2nd Tipp: If you have Problems with casting your Siphon, Cast it right after your Blastbone exploded. That works most off the time.

Overall Blastbones and Siphon have a lot to do with how you have to postion yourself and how to look at the Boss. Practice helps a lot and Take some time.
    It doesn't guarantee you, that it works 100% of the time, but it makes it better.
    If lag comes in place, then u can do nothing :D Then both abilitys are unreliable as hell.

BB and Siphon definitly need some Improvement.

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actual footage of Blastbones in action.

giphy.gif
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Actual footage of Blastbones in action.

giphy.gif

awesome! 🤣
  • Necrotiger
    a bit annoyin, i wonder if there's good build without them.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrotiger wrote: »
    a bit annoyin, i wonder if there's good build without them.

Unfortunately not. Both of those abilities are staple to the necro rotation and a build not using them would be very weak in comparison and you'd be better off playing another class. I hope they look at these abilities again. They used to be WORSE believe it or not. But even in their current state they are in dire need of more work.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep. blastbones and siphon do ****tacular amounts of damage. wish they would get fixed