The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stamplars in Greymoor?

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Appo wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Deadly and NMA are really good together...the lack of stamina is balanced by jabs being so much more effective.
    Tried Sellis too: pleasantly surprised!!!

How on Earth will I fit Malacath now!!! I’m almost tempted to ditch a monster set

Swap nma for clever alch back bar, 7th or smite.
    Deadly and NMA are really good together...the lack of stamina is balanced by jabs being so much more effective.
    Tried Sellis too: pleasantly surprised!!!

How on Earth will I fit Malacath now!!! I’m almost tempted to ditch a monster set

Swap nma for clever alch back bar, 7th or smite.

Or my new mega banger stuhns back bar and toppling charge on back bar, keep it a secret ohhhhhhh w8......thank me later 😉

Stuhns is BiS for both templars IMHO, it gives so much dmg.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be honest after playing my stamsorc this patch, the difference in survivability between the 2 classes is night and day.
    I spent the better half of this morning 1vXinf in Ic, and on my stamsorc I basically just never die, I have actual active sustain on the go, and with procsets damage isn't really an issue.
    On stamplar it doesn't matter If I run a tanky or a speedy setup I pretty much always end up getting zerged down eventually and really nothing changes it.
    The damage is there of course, but with mostly just (buggy) rally and vigor to my name it's just not possible to survive larger groups anymore.
    I really hope next patch they revisit the healing again, and this time not just blanket nerfing everything.
    My Stamden still feels like a God among man with the amount of healing I can have on them, stamcro the same.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    I'll be honest after playing my stamsorc this patch, the difference in survivability between the 2 classes is night and day.
    I spent the better half of this morning 1vXinf in Ic, and on my stamsorc I basically just never die, I have actual active sustain on the go, and with procsets damage isn't really an issue.
    On stamplar it doesn't matter If I run a tanky or a speedy setup I pretty much always end up getting zerged down eventually and really nothing changes it.
    The damage is there of course, but with mostly just (buggy) rally and vigor to my name it's just not possible to survive larger groups anymore.
    I really hope next patch they revisit the healing again, and this time not just blanket nerfing everything.
    My Stamden still feels like a God among man with the amount of healing I can have on them, stamcro the same.

I get some good fights with my stamplar against competent opponents and feel I have a chance outside if good sorcs that i can only dodge so much, or cleanse so much before the combo gets me. And anything else; if I miss a Rally startup, which is likely to happen given server performance; i got nothing.

On my stamden however; I have a great tool for range defense , and you can run spores and have an instant relief to supplement vigor AND it will give you major mending to alleviate the nerf healing took. Same thing with stamsorc, with deal. I used to be able to spam Rally if I got stuck but I dont know if they changed it or healing was nerfed so much that it just doesnt feel effective.

Devils advocate though. This plays into the same reason I feel templars should not have jabs/sweeps nerfed with burning light. Its OK to be different in strengths and weaknesses, it just may be on the tougher side for Stamplar right now
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I get some good fights with my stamplar against competent opponents and feel I have a chance outside if good sorcs that i can only dodge so much, or cleanse so much before the combo gets me. And anything else; if I miss a Rally startup, which is likely to happen given server performance; i got nothing.

On my stamden however; I have a great tool for range defense , and you can run spores and have an instant relief to supplement vigor AND it will give you major mending to alleviate the nerf healing took. Same thing with stamsorc, with deal. I used to be able to spam Rally if I got stuck but I dont know if they changed it or healing was nerfed so much that it just doesnt feel effective.

Devils advocate though. This plays into the same reason I feel templars should not have jabs/sweeps nerfed with burning light. Its OK to be different in strengths and weaknesses, it just may be on the tougher side for Stamplar right now

1v1 stamplar is still great, and the damage is as good as it has ever been.
    But consider this: stamplar has some of the worst healing among Stam classes, and without the mobility of sorc or nb it really doesn't have much in the way of defenses. Cleanse can only do so much.
    I really hope in the future they introduced some class based defensive utility or healing, I'd love to use living dark but it's too expensive and even with hybrid sets it doesn't heal much on stamplar.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But consider this: stamplar has some of the worst healing among Stam classes, and without the mobility of sorc or nb it really doesn't have much in the way of defenses. Cleanse can only do so much.
    I really hope in the future they introduced some class based defensive utility or healing, I'd love to use living dark but it's too expensive and even with hybrid sets it doesn't heal much on stamplar.

It doesnt heal much on magplar either. And the cost increase to ER a year or so ago hurt stamplar and magplar barely noticed. It is odd how stam class identity is flipped though
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It doesnt heal much on magplar either. And the cost increase to ER a year or so ago hurt stamplar and magplar barely noticed. It is odd how stam class identity is flipped though

I get like 1.5k ticks from LD on my magplar and that's before malubeth and non crit.
    Granted I run in heavy Armour now and have like 4k spell damage. That's every half a second if it procs on cool down. And with the burst from crescent sweep I really never have to worry about not having enough dmg on magplar.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While other sorc and nb mains cry to nerf jabs on forums, while stamplar has literally no healing or any decent defense this patch and new mythics doesn't even synchronize that well for stamplar. Wild hunt works better for nb, malacath works better for dk, torc of ton works better for sorc.
    Give stamplar back major mending for a start, templar is a healing class yet it has worst stamina healing, warden came as healing support class as well yet it has god like healing.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m farming ring if the wild hunt as I think speed is the way forward to get away from damage!

I’ve played stamplars for years but I was gob smacked to see how my stamsorc (noob there) was over performing in comparison....I think mobility is a key factor!!!
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like new moon front, eternal body, trollking, backbar master/blackrose weapon of your choice, artaeum food, 5 medium, with everything proced health recovery goes to 4k+ below 50% health, enough magicka sustain to outcleanse any defile spam.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get like 1.5k ticks from LD on my magplar and that's before malubeth and non crit.
    Granted I run in heavy Armour now and have like 4k spell damage. That's every half a second if it procs on cool down. And with the burst from crescent sweep I really never have to worry about not having enough dmg on magplar.

My tooltip with CP is 3k with 5k spell damage so winds up 1.2k but it doesnt feel like i get that. But maybe i haven't paid enough attention
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My tooltip with CP is 3k with 5k spell damage so winds up 1.2k but it doesnt feel like i get that. But maybe i haven't paid enough attention

I have a ton in healing cp so that might make a diff, also infused max mag enchant on shield. With malubeth Ive seen as high as 2k+ crit heals, when ur outnumbered it procs a lot too so it adds up.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m farming ring if the wild hunt as I think speed is the way forward to get away from damage!

I’ve played stamplars for years but I was gob smacked to see how my stamsorc (noob there) was over performing in comparison....I think mobility is a key factor!!!

I've played a lot of stamsorc in the past, but until now it didn't feel that much better than stamplar. Don't get me wrong in a 1v1 brawl I still favor stampy, but open world pvp is barely about that.
    On my stamsorc I can just play so much more aggressively when outnumbered since I can always disengage easily.
    Also tried speed ring on stamplar, I mean there's always some dude with gapcloser spamming you or a werewolf etc, the extra movespeed is godsend in bgs but in cyro/ic it's not that big of a deal.
    Not to mention stamplar is not a mobility class, Potl takes time to build up, and without it your burst options are fairly limited.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re probably just better on a stam sorc, that’s how it can be. On my stam sorc I can stay alive but that’s only because I’m kiting and streaking all over the place. While I feel a lot more in control on stamplar with less mobility.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let Practiced Incantation and its morphs Breath of Life and Honor the dead scale off templar highest offensive stat the same as Cleansing Ritual. Change Explosive Charge to a stamina version of toppling charge.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Let Practiced Incantation and its morphs Breath of Life and Honor the dead scale off templar highest offensive stat the same as Cleansing Ritual. Change Explosive Charge to a stamina version of toppling charge.

Be safe and have fun :)

I wish!!
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive settled on

Redguard

FB seventh legion (sword for onslaught, maul for dbos); i run nirn and absorb stamina enchant in either case.

Bb blackrose dw (beserker+ diseased, defending for now)

Eternal vigor jewelry + chest/leg
    Sellstrix helm/shoulder

Pushing 4k wd with max resistances and a troll king mechanic built in.

7 heavy 2 well fitted

Optimal food is atraeum.

Vicious in BGs but in cp id switch out legion for NMA.

I love sellstrix. In zerg play it just lands a lot. In the bgs it feels good to spam jabs into zerg and watch them fall. The animation is subtle and sneaky enough.

Personally I struggle against solid cc but am considering adding RAT to help there.

Bar set up

Stampede (flex), rune, jabs, execute, rally.
    Javelin, quick cloak, vigor, potl, purify.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on July 5, 2020 12:50AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I’m going to try a medium build with Deadly and CA plus Hunt Ring. I’m also looking into Torc.
    Monster set I’ll probably give Sellis a good go.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deadly front bar stuhns body balorgh monster with toppling charge. 2 hvy 5 med. Drop a rune a go to work. Your welcome!!!!!!!

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of deadly as it doesn't buff things like burning light, light and heavy attacks, the initial dmg of db/spear ult etc.
    Maybe if running multiple dots like maelstrom 2h or master dw etc, otherwise I feel like it's not worth.

Have you tried it? I was having similar doubts but then I put it on and now I can't take it off! lol

Yes, interesting thing about deadly is that it is not shown in tooltip and is applied to target, not to you. So it's not bonus like minor berserk, which has diminishing returns in CP due to how +% damage done bonuses work in formula, but it is making target receive 20% more damage from jabs and dots, so you may say it increases all damage by plain 20%. But base WD&penetration is important too, if they are not sufficient then NMA will be better... so Deadly become good due to new Balorgh it seems.

Explain how +% damage has diminishing returns? My understanding is they are summed, 25+8=33%, etc. Additive or multiplicative, I did not think any positive increase could diminish.

• dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    I just gave up my stamplar on bgs and start a magsorc non-streak.
    Feels really great and it's a shame I cannot play with my stamplar.

I tried using:

Balorg and Engine for monster set
    Clever Alchemist body
    Deadly Strike jewelry infused weapon damage
    Mace (nirnhoned) and sword (sharpened) on front bar, with weapon and disease enchantment
    Any blackrose dual wield on back bar

5 heavy imp and 2 medium well fitted

Warrior mundus stone
    As I said before, gave up to play as magsorc. Kills insanely more and dies like 2 or 4 times per bg.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Deadly front bar stuhns body balorgh monster with toppling charge. 2 hvy 5 med. Drop a rune a go to work. Your welcome!!!!!!!

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of deadly as it doesn't buff things like burning light, light and heavy attacks, the initial dmg of db/spear ult etc.
    Maybe if running multiple dots like maelstrom 2h or master dw etc, otherwise I feel like it's not worth.

Have you tried it? I was having similar doubts but then I put it on and now I can't take it off! lol

Yes, interesting thing about deadly is that it is not shown in tooltip and is applied to target, not to you. So it's not bonus like minor berserk, which has diminishing returns in CP due to how +% damage done bonuses work in formula, but it is making target receive 20% more damage from jabs and dots, so you may say it increases all damage by plain 20%. But base WD&penetration is important too, if they are not sufficient then NMA will be better... so Deadly become good due to new Balorgh it seems.

Explain how +% damage has diminishing returns? My understanding is they are summed, 25+8=33%, etc. Additive or multiplicative, I did not think any positive increase could diminish.

It's technically not diminishing returns as the arithmetic increase of the base damage is equal to the stated +% damage, like the +25% damage from Malacath's for example. But, if you have any other source of +% damage, the actual damage increase you get is less than 25% when going from:

No Malacath's Band
    to
    Malacath's Band equipped.

And the actual damage increase is lessened further the more +% damage increase you have before equipping the ring.

To illustrate:

No +% damage-
    100% -> Equip Malacath -> 125% -> 25% increase

Minor Berserk
    108% -> Equip Malacath -> 133% -> 23.15% increase (25/108)

Minor Berserk+2H Sword Passive
    114% -> Equip Malacath -> 139% -> 21.93% increase (25/114)
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 7, 2020 1:38PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not know this "+20% applied to target" feature of Deadly before. I guess this was determined by testing. You know of any vids illustrating this?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's technically not diminishing returns as the arithmetic increase of the base damage is equal to the stated +% damage, like the +25% damage from Malacath's for example. But, if you have any other source of +% damage, the actual damage increase you get is less than 25% when going from:

No Malacath's Band
    to

And the actual damage increase is lessened further the more +% damage increase you have before equipping the ring.

To illustrate:

No +% damage-

Minor Berserk

Text book.

In short, do you get greater than then sum of the % sources or less than the sum?

Multiplicative +% increases will result in a +% increase greater than the sum of the sources.

Multiplicative -% decreases will result in a -% decrease less than the sum of the sources.

Additive -% decreases will always equal the sum, but the relative "value" you place on each of each goes up as you approach the finite 100% decrease.

Additive +% increases will always equal the sum of the sources, but the relative "value" you place on each goes down.

I've seen this referred to as appreciating/depreciating returns, which is probably more accurate. In your last example, you still get 39% more damage. In a real diminishing returns scenario you would get some less than a 39% increase in damage. I wanted to check to make sure there was not a "real" diminishing return there, because ... ZOS Math.

• Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭

No Malacath's Band
    to

To illustrate:

No +% damage-

Minor Berserk

I've seen this referred to as appreciating/depreciating returns, which is probably more accurate. In your last example, you still get 39% more damage. In a real diminishing returns scenario you would get some less than a 39% increase in damage. I wanted to check to make sure there was not a "real" diminishing return there, because ... ZOS Math.

You do not get 39% more damage, you get 21.93% more damage. The 39% increase is what would be implied by tooltips.

In an example from game, I tested malacath on my Warden with a training dummy, and with passives, minor berserk, and various cp % gains the ring of Malacath increased my damage by 16.2%. Removing the % gain CP (while keeping magicka the same) to test the no-cp equivalent, I got a 20% damage increase with Malacath.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    While other sorc and nb mains cry to nerf jabs on forums, while stamplar has literally no healing or any decent defense this patch and new mythics doesn't even synchronize that well for stamplar. Wild hunt works better for nb, malacath works better for dk, torc of ton works better for sorc.
    Give stamplar back major mending for a start, templar is a healing class yet it has worst stamina healing, warden came as healing support class as well yet it has god like healing.

ESO said that they would work on class identity. Started with DK by giving the class stronger DOTs over other classes. Then, ESO stopped. What happened to Templar class identity? DK and warden both have major mending, not Templars ( the supposedly healing class). Even pet sorcs and wardens have stronger burst heals than a Templar. That's class identity for you...
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Stamplar Took a quite big hit in terms of healing (remember that jabs doesnt heal you, most people seem to look at mag/stamplar in the same way...)

I found it best to push as much weapon dmg as you possibly can just to bump Up your vigor. Yes extended ritual heals you for like 1500 every 2 seconds, and honsetly, you can barely count it as a "op special" heal....

The upswing on procsets in combination with malacath is obviously great for raw damage, but remember that healing Still scales with stats. It doesnt matter if you got 100000000 pen and the best procs in the game, because your heals Will be wet AF (just something to Keep in mind).

the best way to play stamplar in this patch is to know when to block big dmg, Always Lay down your ritual when you move out of it, because you need that extra healing, No matter the amount. make sure to use your surroundings to los , because you cant just stand open field and outheal incoming dmg from more than 2 players with descent damage. Make sure you can Lay down a combo when you go offensive, not just stand there and spam jabs.
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on July 9, 2020 2:35PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running Crescent Sweep for my Ult on my Stamplar for awhile now. With the hits to defense monster sets, I'm looking to run something new. I feel like Balorgh might not be that great considering how cheap my Ult is and how frequently I use it.

Any one who is running Crescent Sweep on their Stamplar this patch have suggestions for monster sets that work well for them?
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running Crescent Sweep for my Ult on my Stamplar for awhile now. With the hits to defense monster sets, I'm looking to run something new. I feel like Balorgh might not be that great considering how cheap my Ult is and how frequently I use it.

Any one who is running Crescent Sweep on their Stamplar this patch have suggestions for monster sets that work well for them?

Don’t see a reason to run Balorgh. Bloodspawn, sellistrix, engine guardian and even troll king would be better options in my opinion.

I’ve used the first 3 this update.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got a buddy who plays a magden and uses the bear ulti for duels. That ulti only costs like 75 I think? Anyway... he runs balorghs and considering the amount of ultimate he gains I imagine balorghs acts for him more like a 100% uptime in combat buff than a monster “proc” set. I can see why this wouldn’t work as good for anybody else but... I dunno, maybe examine how often you actually use your ultimate and see what the uptime would be. You might be pleasantly surprised. Or you might not— I don’t really know— just wanted to share.
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    personally i run 1 kena 1 balorgh, 5 ravager, 5 stuhn. Stuhn backbar, brp dw frontbar. eventually gonna run balorgh once i get the right pieces. Caltrops is a must on the build, as well as tactician from the cp passives. Caltrops will end up keeping almost 100% uptime on both sets, as well as snare and major fracture. Unique and works decently well
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm, by dummy test, that Balorgh>Slime Craw, even with consuming minimal Ultimate to cast Crescent Sweep.

I'm not to interested in defensive Proc sets, as my BG Stamplar is highly mobile, with low resistance and high damage, looking to get in and out of fights quickly. That play style doesn't really jive with defensive proc sets that require longer engagements to feel useful. (I do see synergy with Engine Guardian, but that cheese is too funky)

Looking at other offensive sets beyond Balorgh, the only ones that catch my eye are Selenes and Kra'gh. I start my combo at range, so these two sets would avoid wasted procs. But Kra'gh's damage is meh and everyone knows to avoid Selene.

IDK, but the consistent, reliable proc from Balorgh just seems like a safe bet.

Balorgh, proc'ed at 80 Ult, provides a buff equal 80% of a 5-piece bonus, and about 186% of a one piece bonus. Any one know how that compares in ZOS's standardization scheme?